Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    What I don't understand with Sylvanas fans is what exactly was so cool about her previous to SL except what many people moan about danusers relation to this character, that she is a blonde gothic elf in mail bikini?
    First she stands around for two expansions as a night elf in UC and sings lament of the highborne. Then she becomes evil and bombs people with the plague and raising dead. Where was she "cool" or interesting? Except... Being a blonde gothic elf in a mail bikini
    It's a mystery of the faith how anyone could have Sylvanas as their favourite character.

Literally she is just Kerrigan but worse, because she's not main character of her respective verse (no matter how hard Danuser tries), while Kerrigan was pretty much the main character of Starcraft.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    So if they were identical copies.. then what was the point of the soul being split in the first place? What does having a split soul do to the person "living" in the mortal realm? And how do you "split" a soul? Wouldn't certain properties from one half be missing from the other half or deprive them of something? You would think only having half of a soul would make decision making kind of hard.
    This is why you don't delve into afterlives and souls and cosmic rules, when you can't explain them coherently, to make the story credible and flow.

They didn't bother to do that. They just said "Her soul was split" and treated it like a JJ Abrams donkey wheel.

It wouldn't be hard to imagine Danuser pulled all of this out of his ass after binge watching Lost.

I honestly will never understand why they didn't just have Tyrande sacrifice herself to destroy Sylvanas once and for all, in some sort of twisted dark ritual that turned her into a banshee.... And then she could go rescue the souls from the Maw herself.

Also why is the player character never responsible for any of the Hordes actions??

What I don't understand with Sylvanas fans is what exactly was so cool about her previous to SL except what many people moan about danusers relation to this character, that she is a blonde gothic elf in mail bikini?
    First she stands around for two expansions as a night elf in UC and sings lament of the highborne. Then she becomes evil and bombs people with the plague and raising dead. Where was she "cool" or interesting? Except... Being a blonde gothic elf in a mail bikini
    That really sells short why Sylvanas was compelling on the first place for so many people.

To me, she was compelling because of her darker, most self serving impulses were always contrasted with the grief of what she had lost. There was sympathy in someone that had died a hero being made a mockery of that, forced into become a monster, and then give into being one.

Cata and onwards started to play with the idea of if she cared for the Forsaken at all, or if she was just using them to protect herself, the question of "is she completely self serving and solipsistic or does she actually cares a little" was interesting, with Legion literally pointing out to it on her character profile, with Legion itself literally showcasing having her making the though choices in order to save the Horde.

There was a lot of things that made her interesting, from the tragedy of being made into a monster, the contrast between that and the grief beneath, and the question whether she only cared into herself or if her care for the Forsaken was genuine.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It's a mystery of the faith how anyone could have Sylvanas as their favourite character.

Literally she is just Kerrigan but worse, because she's not main character of her respective verse (no matter how hard Danuser tries), while Kerrigan was pretty much the main character of Starcraft.
    xD

I mean, if they would be just honest I would have zero problems with it. I also think blonde elves in bikini armor is very nice. But please don't pretend Sylvanas was such a multi layered, interesting character.

Now let's move to the green mail bikini version please. She definitely looks a bit more healthy
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    Pelagos: Sylvanas Windrunner. There can be no true justice without compassion and I can see your deeds bear the mark of the Jailer's influence, an influence we failed to contain.
    Pelagos: Then you know in your heart to whom you must answer, in trusting justice to your most fervent adversary.
    Pelagos: Are there any gathered here who object to this fate.
    Pelagos: So be it.
    Sylvanas: The Jailer did not control me. Death would be a merciful end Tyrande. However long it takes.
    Tyrande: What game do you play now Banshee?
    Tyrande: The Sylvanas I hunted would never submit to the blade of her enemy. Your newfound remorse might be genuine. There will be no peace for you Windrunner.
    Tyrande: The prisoner is in my charge now.
    Tyrande: Below lies the Maw. Every Soul lost in its depths, betrayed or condemned, you should find and send forth to the Arbiter. You will toil there under Dori'thur's watchful eye. This is how you shall bring renewal to your victims. <Darnassian>, old friend. Watch her well.
    Pelagos: The time for your judgment is at hand.
    Sylvanas: My actions were mine alone and I accept their consequences and I do not expect your mercy.
    Tyrande: But it can never erase all you have done. Until there is peace for the souls of your victims.
    Tyrande: Bring her.
    Tyrande: An unjust fate to which you doomed so many. And it will be there that your penance begins. To be judged with the compassion all souls deserve. Scouring every darkened reach until the final soul is free and you are all that remains and my people.
    Tyrande: It shall be done.
    ------------------------------------------
    She finally left us!

Why did Anduin survive and live well? Can't the Alliance lose one or two main character?

Varok,Sylvanas....what did the Hordefans win?? We are all losers!
    Why does the alliance have to lose a character? World doesnt live around 50/50.
    We have plenty of bad lore character removals already due the fact it had to remain 50/50

Varian / Vol'jin, Admiral Taylor / General Nazgrim for example.

Good she is gone and the Alliance lost nobody important.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    That really sells short why Sylvanas was compelling on the first place for so many people.

To me, she was compelling because of her darker, most self serving impulses were always contrasted with the grief of what she had lost. There was sympathy in someone that had died a hero being made a mockery of that, forced into become a monster, and then give into being one.

Cata and onwards started to play with the idea of if she cared for the Forsaken at all, or if she was just using them to protect herself, the question of "is she completely self serving and solipsistic or does she actually cares a little" was interesting, with Legion literally pointing out to it on her character profile, with Legion itself literally showcasing having her making the though choices in order to save the Horde.

There was a lot of things that made her interesting, from the tragedy of being made into a monster, the contrast between that and the grief beneath, and the question whether she only cared into herself or if her care for the Forsaken was genuine.
    Now we know all those nuances since SL. But where were those nuances displayed before SL? Maybe I should level an undead
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Now we know all those nuances since SL. But where were those nuances displayed before SL? Maybe I should level an undead
    You never leveled a forsaken and don't even know her story... and you can't understand why people used to like her?? Lol no wonder. smh my head. These aren't shadowlands nuances.. these are all nuances that were there for years. If anything, shadowlands tried to retcon these nuances which is what frustrated the sylvanas fans.
    Last edited by GreenJesus; 2022-03-23 at 10:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    • commits genocide
    • war for literally no reason
    • becomes a raid boss
    • used to be beloved by fans
    • proves Horde were never "noble savages"

she was the most Horde character there ever was.
    no she wasnt, straight cismale.

Should've sent here there at the end of BfA or at least during SoD. When I say sent, I'm speaking of <sending> her there, not having a farewell speech.

She'll find Danuser's Nathanos in the Maw and they'll live happily ever after.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    When did they try to redeem Sylvanas? She has always been basically irredeemable and this is pretty much the best that could be expected for her.
    did you missed shadowlands story with her siding with us against the janitor?

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    • commits genocide
    • war for literally no reason
    • becomes a raid boss
    • used to be beloved by fans
    • proves Horde were never "noble savages"

she was the most Horde character there ever was.
    The Horde 101.

You can frame anything that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Why does the alliance have to lose a character? World doesnt live around 50/50.
    We have plenty of bad lore character removals already due the fact it had to remain 50/50

Varian / Vol'jin, Admiral Taylor / General Nazgrim for example.

Good she is gone and the Alliance lost nobody important.
    It has to remain 50-50 when the alliance loses someone, but when the horde loses someone that's apparently OK. While I had no love for Garrosh some of the other people like Nazgrim or Zaela I did like. I think it's high time for alliance characters to start going crazy and we have to kill them. Should have started around Pandaria or so.

A lot of the coolness she had was in Wrath when she was on a whole revenge bender against Arthas. Wrath is when WoW became really mainstream and a lot of new people were introduced to Sylvanas in those three dungeons (Forge of Souls, Pit of Saron, and Halls of Reflection). Even more so when they followed her stories in Silverpine back in Cata, where she was a schemer but a badass... much similar to Azula from Last Airbender as one example. She was even willing to raise more undead and defy Garrosh, willing to launch the plague in Gilneas since she couldn't raise them as undead.

There was even fan theories where she should've been the Warchief in MoP after Garrosh was overthrown from power, and that she could easily take the spot but it was pretty much decided that Vol'jin took the spot of Warchief since he was a major focus that whole expansion.

When she became Warchief in Legion, everyone was pretty much alright with it. Some still say that it should've been an orc, troll, or tauren to take up the mantle... but it was a strong choice that made it interesting. She wanted more Val'kyr so that she wouldn't die again like in Silverpine where she saw nothing, but Genn botched that plan.

When she burned Teldrassil... nobody predicted that. Not even Sylvanas fans or even her VA could've predicted she'd go through with such a thing. It was one big curve ball that to this day still baffles people why Blizz would make a decision and it was the start of people realizing "Sylvanas kind of sucks".

Edit: Oh, and I forgot to mention the fact that she took control of Andorhal in West Plaguelands, but when Koltiras (the blood elf DK) wasn't going to kill his DK brother in arms Thassarian. So Sylvanas decided to take Koltiras to the Undercity to....re-educate him to serving the Horde.

And this all stuff she was involved with in WoW... I didn't even cover the stuff she did in Warcraft 3.
    Last edited by Woggmer; 2022-03-23 at 10:42 PM.

Yeah, this is all War3 to Legion stuff.

BfA and SL are the things that derailed this nuance by saying "lol nope! she has been working for the jailer since Wotlk! The idea that she ever cared for someone beyond herself was just a lie ;3"

Quote Originally Posted by TrueHorde View Post
    Pelagos: Sylvanas Windrunner. There can be no true justice without compassion and I can see your deeds bear the mark of the Jailer's influence, an influence we failed to contain.
    Pelagos: Then you know in your heart to whom you must answer, in trusting justice to your most fervent adversary.
    Pelagos: Are there any gathered here who object to this fate.
    Pelagos: So be it.
    Sylvanas: The Jailer did not control me. Death would be a merciful end Tyrande. However long it takes.
    Tyrande: What game do you play now Banshee?
    Tyrande: The Sylvanas I hunted would never submit to the blade of her enemy. Your newfound remorse might be genuine. There will be no peace for you Windrunner.
    Tyrande: The prisoner is in my charge now.
    Tyrande: Below lies the Maw. Every Soul lost in its depths, betrayed or condemned, you should find and send forth to the Arbiter. You will toil there under Dori'thur's watchful eye. This is how you shall bring renewal to your victims. <Darnassian>, old friend. Watch her well.
    Pelagos: The time for your judgment is at hand.
    Sylvanas: My actions were mine alone and I accept their consequences and I do not expect your mercy.
    Tyrande: But it can never erase all you have done. Until there is peace for the souls of your victims.
    Tyrande: Bring her.
    Tyrande: An unjust fate to which you doomed so many. And it will be there that your penance begins. To be judged with the compassion all souls deserve. Scouring every darkened reach until the final soul is free and you are all that remains and my people.
    Tyrande: It shall be done.
    ------------------------------------------
    She finally left us!

Why did Anduin survive and live well? Can't the Alliance lose one or two main character?

Varok,Sylvanas....what did the Hordefans win?? We are all losers!
    Good. They actually had the stones to punish her for her evil, instead of just letting off because she is "mai waifu" to many of the writers/players.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Well, at least this news deconfirms any leaks saying that Sylvanas will make a return in 10.0
    How does it do that? I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they bring her back.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    How does it do that? I wouldn't be surprised in the least if they bring her back.
    Oh she'll come back, just not in 10.0 so all these "leaks" that says she'll be back in 10.0 just proves how fake they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    did you missed shadowlands story with her siding with us against the janitor?
    Yeah 'cos the Jailer had lied to her and presented a worse existence than the one she hoped to destroy. It doesn't mean all is forgiven and her past crimes are wiped free.