Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dainah View Post
    GOD PLEASE NO!!!! Not White Jesus as the new Guardian!

khadgar should interrupt her "I regret..." with "What? Being selfish and walking away from the biggest global threat we'd ever faced? Yeah, you should regret that, we could've used you out there Jaina!"
    In one of the out of game stories they essentially wrote that she went rambo on the legion and fucked up demons on her own guerillia style (because they couldn't be arsed to write her properly into the story). That was already back in BfA, so technically they have that covered and (at least tried to) made her look like she is this god tier mage. So they have their asses covered on that one, even if it is cheap and not very believable.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Whitedragon View Post
    Same can be said for Kadgar lol. "Ohh we clearly have another evil warchife on our hands but.... idk.... I don't want any part in this war... or the old gods... or the naga... or the old gods again....... or the shadowlands In a period I could have been helpful............. kthxbye!"

I get it we only have so many character slots for story, but still his absence feels even weirder then hers.
    Oh no doubt, as a Guardian he's been very selectively Guardiany. They both have been getting passes for straight up dick moves when the fate of the world is at stake.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    In one of the out of game stories they essentially wrote that she went rambo on the legion and fucked up demons on her own guerillia style (because they couldn't be arsed to write her properly into the story). That was already back in BfA, so technically they have that covered and (at least tried to) made her look like she is this god tier mage. So they have their asses covered on that one, even if it is cheap and not very believable.
    Huh, i didn't know that. It doesn't alter, however, that from the Alliance's perspective she bailed on them when they needed every heavy gun for the Broken Isles fight.. and they all were just like "Oh hey Jaina, welcome back, how ya been?" afterwards. No wonder people prefer horde. At least when somebody acts up they get called out on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Go back to school, find your math teacher and slap him.
    Maybe educate yourself first?
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Millennials

- - - Updated - - -

Huh, i didn't know that. It doesn't alter, however, that from the Alliance's perspective she bailed on them when they needed every heavy gun for the Broken Isles fight.. and they all were just like "Oh hey Jaina, welcome back, how ya been?" afterwards. No wonder people prefer horde. At least when somebody acts up they get called out on it.
    It was in that comic https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-jaina-reunion. And yeah I agree, for the normal people in the alliance and most players this simply not know. I mean it's literally 2 text bubbles and a single panel that addresses it as well.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Taikoen View Post
    "For years I've read about this place in Medivh's books."

Thanks for all the info you could have shared with us.
    It's just a lore hook to make shadowlands more integrated in the warcraft history

Quote Originally Posted by JSoup View Post
    Gonna repeat my position from back in WoD, it could be as simple as him trying a new look. A trim, a shave and a nice shirt can cut years off a person. I thought at the time Blizz was trying to make him the new Rhonin. Dad-ish looking powerful wizard that would rather do his own foot work than sit behind a desk.

Edit: It sounds more Amendola is just really close to his mike and/or a poor audio edit. Given the state of the world the last couple years, it could have been recorded from a home set. Who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    To be honest It always looked like that as long as the game engine progressed and new characters became main priority of current addon they just updated models and stuff. He's still old but got a better model. Like Jaina in Vanilla, She had a simple human model but good ol voice from RTS (and the others for sure). So when the story progressed they changed alotta models to make it look more coolish

This is Khadgar in the comic published in 2008 with his then official appearance, not an in-game model: he had clearly more wrinks and his hair was clearly more white compared to his WoD appearance. So I stand by my previous statement: his appearance was retconned or he regained some of his lost youth and wasn't explained.
    Last edited by dsmania; 2022-03-25 at 01:13 PM.
    World of Warcraft is merely a setback...

And like everything in Shadowlands "wow, its fucking nothing" sums up the narrative on display. He has to go now, his planet needs him.

3+ Year Old Account
    So, this is setting up for Jaina to become Guardian? Khadgar hinting at his death. Aegwyn (medivh's mother and most powerful guardian) was chamberlain to Jaina. Khadgar just so happens to hollar at Jaina out of everyone...

Theyve been trying to make Jaina look powerful lately....

Hmm... Time for a little girl power in all of blizzard's newfound "wokeness"?

Quote Originally Posted by dsmania View Post
    comic
    Stopped reading right there.

I'm joking, I take your point. The comics are terrible regardless.
    Last edited by JSoup; 2022-03-25 at 04:15 PM. Reason: The. The, not That. Type or type not, there is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    So, this is setting up for Jaina to become Guardian? Khadgar hinting at his death. Aegwyn (medivh's mother and most powerful guardian) was chamberlain to Jaina. Khadgar just so happens to hollar at Jaina out of everyone...

not to be that guy but jaina is pretty strong to begin with, had great magic teachers, aegwynn and antonidas, got her staff buffed in the throne of thunder and imo has a pretty good character development throughout the expansions *minus legion*. im against forced pc/ woke bs myself but come on now, jaina is a badass and she's a bae . btw there arent anymore guardians so the best she can get out of this situation is becoming the leader of the Kirin Tor
    There is a void in my heart. Have you come to fill it?

Stopped reading right there.

I'm joking, I take your point. The comics are terrible regardless.
    We probably the same opinion on the comics
    World of Warcraft is merely a setback...

I think you're all missing the very obvious truth here?

Khadgar is not visiting. He says it himself, that he's spent years learning about the Shadowlands in Medivh's books and watching glimpses through the veil. He obviously couldn't get through, which is why he was only able to carry out research.

Khadgar is not a visitor here, he is dead. He's old and has forgiven Jaina in the time he's lived out his life. Khadgar is dead and he has died while we have been in the Shadowlands.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felis igneus View Post
    "Cheap and not very believable"

1- Jaina literally was going to flood orgrimmar in the end of cata after theramore was bombed, and very much was goign to hit it with a tidal wave so large the city would be torn to shreds.
    so it wasnt something they just "added to explain her missing in legion"
    She very much had power

which was made even more powerful when she takes the staff of the thunder king in the middle of MoP.

Jaina was strong enough to create a citidel crushing tidal wave, BEFORE getting the thunder kings power.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no doubt, as a Guardian he's been very selectively Guardiany. They both have been getting passes for straight up dick moves when the fate of the world is at stake.

- - - Updated - - -

Jaina was at the broken shore, but she was holding the backline.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post

jaina has been powerful since like literally ever.
    again, tidal wave in cata, staff of the thunder king in mop.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Melius View Post
    btw there arent anymore guardians so the best she can get out of this situation is becoming the leader of the Kirin Tor
    The power of the guardian still exists it just needs to be passed upon by medivh's ghost within the tower, it was offered to khadgar but he denied it, not wishing to become corrupted by it, it still exists locked in the tower, to be gifted to whoever it is deserved.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Draenei View Post

Khadgar is not visiting. He says it himself, that he's spent years learning about the Shadowlands in Medivh's books and watching glimpses through the veil. He obviously couldn't get through, which is why he was only able to carry out research.

Khadgar is not a visitor here, he is dead. He's old and has forgiven Jaina in the time he's lived out his life. Khadgar is dead and he has died while we have been in the Shadowlands.
    if he died he would be judged and sent somewhere, and there he would be given a new appearence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

If he died while IN the Shadowlands, they wouldn't be talking at all. Dying in the Shadowlands anywhere but Maldraxxus means you're gone for good.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "Cheap and not very believable"

1- Jaina literally was going to flood orgrimmar in the end of cata after theramore was bombed, and very much was goign to hit it with a tidal wave so large the city would be torn to shreds.
    so it wasnt something they just "added to explain her missing in legion"
    She very much had power

which was made even more powerful when she takes the staff of the thunder king in the middle of MoP.

Jaina was strong enough to create a citidel crushing tidal wave, BEFORE getting the thunder kings power.
    Jaina was only actually able to make the tidal wave that big because she had the focusing iris which was a huge boost to her power.

She also didn't take the thunder kings staff she charges her own with what ever left over was in the throne of thunder after Lei Shen's death, Still alot of power but nothing close to what Lei Shen him self had.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "
    if he died he would be judged and sent somewhere, and there he would be given a new appearence.
    Judged by who? There was no Arbiter at the time.

When the raven appeared in Oribos we still didn't have Pelagos as the new Arbiter. That leaves it wide open that he was automatically sent to the Maw as is what has been happening this whole time, but even with that it's likely he escaped as the Jailer wouldn't care for new entry souls, he was busy around that time moving his business to Zereth Mortis and the Eye of the Jailer had been destroyed.

Also, souls don't need to choose a new appearance if they don't want to (see: Draka in Maldraxxus).

- - - Updated - - -

If he died while IN the Shadowlands, they wouldn't be talking at all. Dying in the Shadowlands anywhere but Maldraxxus means you're gone for good.
    ... No one mentioned him dying in the Shadowlands. He died in Azeroth, his soul is now in the Shadowlands.
    Last edited by Draenei; 2022-03-26 at 02:40 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Judged by who? There was no Arbiter at the time.

When the raven appeared in Oribos we still didn't have Pelagos as the new Arbiter. That leaves it wide open that he was automatically sent to the Maw as is what has been happening this whole time, but even with that it's likely he escaped as the Jailer wouldn't care for new entry souls, he was busy around that time moving his business to Zereth Mortis and the Eye of the Jailer had been destroyed.

Also, souls don't need to choose a new appearance if they don't want to (see: Draka in Maldraxxus).

- - - Updated - - -

... No one mentioned him dying in the Shadowlands. He died in Azeroth, his soul is now in the Shadowlands.
    again where was this raven?
    And if there was no arbiter he would be in the maw right now, not oribos.

you mean this raven that has been in since 9.0 and flies to revendreth? https://www.wowhead.com/npc=176333/a...raven#comments
    he was liekly supposed to show up earlier, but he is showing up in 9.2.5, which throws that all out the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I misread the wording on what I quoted there, my bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dsmania View Post

This is Khadgar in the comic published in 2008 with his then official appearance, not an in-game model: he had clearly more wrinks and his hair was clearly more white compared to his WoD appearance. So I stand by my previous statement: his appearance was retconned or he regained some of his lost youth and wasn't explained.
    Understandable. But I'm not sure that comics just didnt follow the model we had in early TBC. He was like an average mage from WC3 (model similiar to WC3 archmage on a horse). We clearly had comics in 2007-2009? (correct me if im wrong).

So to be more "beautiful and memorable" they just "polished" his model in order to make a better appearance. But thats my vision of his appearance ingame (probably can work to all other NPCs as soon as they appear in lore they get more appealing models f.e Jaina, Thrall, Sylvanas had her model changed like... 4-5 times).
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Quote Originally Posted by Mavven View Post
    So this interaction is ultimately pointless. Got it.
    What do you define as a "point" then? The "stay and listen" conversations been around since like Wod or Legion and they just exist for extra flavor between characters. Would it be better if they didn't have khadgar talk to Jaina? Or Bolvar to his daughter? Thrall to his dead mother? I certainly don't think the game has anything to lose from having this in. Why does every little detail need to have profound gameplay significance?
    ( -> | |=====-~
    / ) \ | |
    - " "-| |
    ( -> | |====~
    / ) \ | |
    -" "-| |

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Khadgar is lovable, happy and fun! This is not him! It will not make me more engaged in the game if my favourite characters are either killed or destroyed!
    Oh boy, you must be new. Since you're talking BFA, you probably don't know what happenned to some fan favorites like Varyan, Garrosh, Voljin and Cairne.