Thread: Elden Ring

Page 89 of 123 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    I'm level 65 and already saw duplicates of Erdtree Avatar, cat statues, Night Cavalry, Crucible Knight, Leonine Misbegotten, and Pumpkin Head. The last of these even became a standard enemy. The dragons also have very, very similar moveset except that one uses magic and this one uses Scarlet Rot etc. And no, I don't consider putting two previous bosses in one fight to be an appreciable difference. It just turns a fun duel into an unfun gank so I get my tankiest summon out and unashamedly cheese the fight.
    All of these except the Night Cavalry have normal enemy versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    The Elden beast fight is widely considered extremely problematic and bad, so get the chip off your shoulder with the git gud horseshit.
    It's considered bad, it's not considered hard by pretty much anyone except for you apparently.

You seem to be confusing people saying the fight is bad with you yourself struggling with it, thinking its hard or need a specific build for it. The fight is terrible, as explained by myself and others in this thread. There is nothing that difficult about it, people saying its a bad fight aren't backing up your claims that it's difficult because it's not. A fight can be both bad, and not difficult if you can believe it or not because difficulty is not a defining metric of making a fight good or not.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-03-25 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    All of these except the Night Cavalry have normal enemy versions.
    Well that's a bit disappointing. The realities of a long open world game I suppose, it's not like the game lacks enemy variety all told but IMO bosses should be bosses, as much as feasible anyway. Leonine Misbegotten even gives an achievement but not that long after becomes an appetizer for the fight with the far, far more dangerous Crucible Knight.

I at least hope you're not fighting Erdtree Avatar normal version in cramped spaces. The one in Caelid was frustrating due to the tiny arena you have for the open world. At least the rot dragon gives you plenty of space, but even then I had him glitch out on the nearby rocks twice.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Elden beast fight is widely considered extremely problematic and bad, so get the chip off your shoulder with the git gud horseshit.
    It being a bad fight and it being a fight that requires a specific build to beat are very different things. Pretty much everyone here agrees that it's a bad fight.

You said everything after O&S is shit. I was pointing out that it isn't. What does that have to do with Elden Ring DLC?

The Demon Ruins don't have asses. That's Izalith. You seem to be describing a lot of Izalith here and not the Demon Ruins.

The wall centipedes are cool. The look of the area is cool. The statues are a cool surprise the first time. It's short but sweet.

Gwyn is one of the most amazing and epic moments in any of the souls game, and the Kiln is one of the most beautiful and left-field areas in any of the games. You are just being a trolling contrarian.
    i wasnt that one, i said that the last part of the game was rushed as fuck and that is easily checkable in the artbook's interview
    to the point that ds1 dlc just completed a cutted part of the original game (and the relative original files are still in the game)

ass demon is the firesage demon...
    and i was speaking about the level design, not the art design, thats always cool in every game for me...
    and chain parry is amazing and epic? lol?
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Enemies or bosses? Yes there are repeat enemies, the same way there have been repeat enemies in every From Software game and every other open world game. Bosses are always at least a variation on the same boss (like the watchdog suddenly having two heads or spewing fire).

Why not? What logic is there behind this statement? Unless you designed the game you don't really get to decide what you should and shouldn't do against a boss. And I wasn't suggesting swapping between full Dex and full Int builds. You can use alternatives in the same build to make the fight easier (like Gravity magic dealing physical damage).

Also I went against it blind with my Faith caster and it was easier than any physical character.

And top .1% players don't need to switch anything ever. They can just plow through anything regardless of build.
    I congratulate you on your luck of the RNG during the fight.
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

The final boss is immune to all status effects, so all status based builds are out the window. He is resistant to everything except physical damage so most elemental builds are rough on damage. He constantly moves to a very long range beyond almost any ranged build.

I hope you like fighting Radagon every time you want to make an attempt.
    So I am getting more and more confused by your argument here. You are saying that he is immune to all status effects, so all status builds are out the window, and he is resistant to everything except physical damage. From my limited understanding though, status effects usually come from melee weapons, which seems counter to your point, statuses like bleed, poison, etc.

As for elemental builds, I am guessing you are talking about magic and incantations? Most people that I have watched beat the boss were casters and many just spammed rock sling. Plus, that tracking orb you have been referring to, they ran from it and yes did take a bit of damage but nothing that was even close to one shotting the player. I'd say they have an easier time than melee characters not rough times.

Granted, I am nowhere near this boss myself but I have seen numerous people beat him and every claim you’ve made just confuses the hell out of me.

Such an impressive design of the flask system as well. The Physik is a genius idea in the context of Elden Ring.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    So I am getting more and more confused by your argument here. You are saying that he is immune to all status effects, so all status builds are out the window, and he is resistant to everything except physical damage. From my limited understanding though, status effects usually come from melee weapons, which seems counter to your point, statuses like bleed, poison, etc.

As for elemental builds, I am guessing you are talking about magic and incantations? Most people that I have watched beat the boss were casters and many just spammed rock sling. Plus, that tracking orb you have been referring to, they ran from it and yes did take a bit of damage but nothing that was even close to one shotting the player. I'd say they have an easier time than melee characters not rough times.

Granted, I am nowhere near this boss myself but I have seen numerous people beat him and every claim you’ve made just confuses the hell out of me.
    Status builds do less damage per swing in exchange for the status effect. When you can't inflict the status, you just do less damage, which sucks against a boss with souch HP and downtime.

Beast is also 40% resistant to all elements except holy, which heals him. Was a nice surprise when the weapon I used the entire game was suddenly useless.

And it's just a slog of a fight. As melee you can get in like 2-3 swings per minute between all his bullshit. Elden stars, the orb, isn't a huge issue on it's own until it gets combine with other abilities later in the fight, especially in NG+.

The fight is just unfun and limits builds. Magic is fine even with the reduction because it gets range and things like rock sling are physical iirc, but for melee your option is pure damage or bust which rules our so, so many fun builds. On top of the fight just being not fun because of so much downtime, it's one of the worst fights From has ever done. I really hope they learn from it and never design anything quite like it again, I shouldn't be spending more time running to the boss than fighting it.

I've cleared the fight on NG+8, basically my only option is unga bunga because everything else just takes too long.

I would like to see (if Elden Ring continues as a franchise) From revisit the World Tendency concept of Demon Souls. An open world with more dynamic reactivity would be a creative opportunity to expand on the early concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Status builds do less damage per swing in exchange for the status effect. When you can't inflict the status, you just do less damage, which sucks against a boss with souch HP and downtime.

Beast is also 40% resistant to all elements except holy, which heals him. Was a nice surprise when the weapon I used the entire game was suddenly useless.

And it's just a slog of a fight. As melee you can get in like 2-3 swings per minute between all his bullshit. Elden stars, the orb, isn't a huge issue on it's own until it gets combine with other abilities later in the fight, especially in NG+.

The fight is just unfun and limits builds. Magic is fine even with the reduction because it gets range and things like rock sling are physical iirc, but for melee your option is pure damage or bust which rules our so, so many fun builds. On top of the fight just being not fun because of so much downtime, it's one of the worst fights From has ever done. I really hope they learn from it and never design anything quite like it again, I shouldn't be spending more time running to the boss than fighting it.

I've cleared the fight on NG+8, basically my only option is unga bunga because everything else just takes too long.
    pretty sure that you can just turn on occult/int scaling, special weapon with status are anyway stronger in damage compare to a normal one with bleed/poison or frostbite, so the problem isnt even noticeable....
    12/6/2009 -23/11/2020 rip little deathstalker Ferretti. proud forsaken, enemy of the livings

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I would like to see (if Elden Ring continues as a franchise) From revisit the World Tendency concept of Demon Souls. An open world with more dynamic reactivity would be a creative opportunity to expand on the early concept.
    I hope World Tendency doesn't return. Or at least it's changed a bit. Dying in Body Form making the world turn blacker? Really made me not want to pop Body Form to summon people for bosses, just at the chance of dying.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    I hope World Tendency doesn't return. Or at least it's changed a bit. Dying in Body Form making the world turn blacker? Really made me not want to pop Body Form to summon people for bosses, just at the chance of dying.
    World tendency could work as a mechanic, just don't tie it to character death like in Demon's Souls so you don't run into situations where it's optimal to suicide in hub world or other jank shit like that.

Tie it to choices you make in npc dialogue, or sparing/killing certain characters etc.

That sucks to hear. I expected a killer final boss after the masterpiece that was Isshin. Guess I'll judge for myself when I get there eventually.
    It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built -Kreia

The internet: where to every action is opposed an unequal overreaction.

That sucks to hear. I expected a killer final boss after the masterpiece that was Isshin. Guess I'll judge for myself when I get there eventually.
    The game has a decent final boss, they just tacked on a shitty phase 2 with the space dinosaur when they could of added a p2 to the actual cool boss from p1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by omeomorfismo View Post
    pretty sure that you can just turn on occult/int scaling, special weapon with status are anyway stronger in damage compare to a normal one with bleed/poison or frostbite, so the problem isnt even noticeable....

You can only infuse regular weapons, and "special" weapons are definitely not stronger simply by default, they're only "special" because they have unique weapon arts, their damage output is similar to regular weapons outside of said weapon arts, and in a lot of cases base weapons can actually be better due to things like temporary infusions or buff spells like Vyke's Lightning. The entire point however is that I've never felt locked out of a weapon type on a boss before and it limits the entire idea of playing the way you want when the final boss is just a massive, unfun headache with a ton of weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Phase 1 is one of the best bosses in the game, phase 2 could have been fun if you didn't have a clear an obstacle course just to swing twice and have it run away again, if they made it do that less then it would be fine, but that combine with all the damage reduction and massive HP just make it... a slog, though one could argue that makes it an even bigger moment when you finally beat it, the more frustration the better success usually feels.

I'd love to have a conversation with the developers on how they used asset geometry and the deliberateness of certain terrain in the game space. Like there is a section in Nokstella where they place two buildings parallel to each other and use the space between to create an encounter area and logically link the upper and lower area you run through to get there.

Only revealing a particular view of the area by looking backward. There is no real reason to have done this other than to give the player emotion. And it's just like asset placement.

Deeply impressed by Elden Ring.

You can only infuse regular weapons, and "special" weapons are definitely not stronger simply by default, they're only "special" because they have unique weapon arts, their damage output is similar to regular weapons outside of said weapon arts, and in a lot of cases base weapons can actually be better due to things like temporary infusions or buff spells like Vyke's Lightning. The entire point however is that I've never felt locked out of a weapon type on a boss before and it limits the entire idea of playing the way you want when the final boss is just a massive, unfun headache with a ton of weapons.

- - - Updated - - -

Phase 1 is one of the best bosses in the game, phase 2 could have been fun if you didn't have a clear an obstacle course just to swing twice and have it run away again, if they made it do that less then it would be fine, but that combine with all the damage reduction and massive HP just make it... a slog, though one could argue that makes it an even bigger moment when you finally beat it, the more frustration the better success usually feels.
    i mean, im still using only daggers so maybe other weapons arent like this
    but my reduvia has way better base and scaling damage than both my blood/poison or occult great knife (that in return has better bleeding buildup)
    that should be true even for the katanas and whips i watched

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Welp. Remember that 50 hit hidden wall?

Dataminers have found there are 7. And one floor.

They don't know where only that they exist and have 9,999hp hit values compared to the usual 99 of hidden walls.
    Do they know if they are used or unused assets?
    If they don't... oh boy. Imagine looking for them and there's only 1 or 2 of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Well that's a bit disappointing. The realities of a long open world game I suppose, it's not like the game lacks enemy variety all told but IMO bosses should be bosses, as much as feasible anyway. Leonine Misbegotten even gives an achievement but not that long after becomes an appetizer for the fight with the far, far more dangerous Crucible Knight.

I at least hope you're not fighting Erdtree Avatar normal version in cramped spaces. The one in Caelid was frustrating due to the tiny arena you have for the open world. At least the rot dragon gives you plenty of space, but even then I had him glitch out on the nearby rocks twice.
    I think it's fine with reusing early bosses as regular enemies. It gives a nice visual representation of progress. When you are new and weak an enemy might seem tough. Then when you face them later you eat them for breakfast. And I don't mean progress only in gear and lvls but also in skill. You've learned since then, look how "easy" it is now.

Dark Souls did the same with Capra demon. Lots of new players had trouble with it, later on they are killing more of them like it's nothing. Easy way to show players they've improved.

Of course you can go overboard. I got a bit tired of how many Ulcer Tree Spirits there were... same with the tree avatars, though they are mostly around the minor erd trees ... lore etc etc.
    Error 404 - Signature not found