What caused such an extreme mental difference between the two guilds? Echo looked completely relaxed and like they could still just keep going forever while Liquid hit a wall and got burnt out. Just because Liquid started playing from behind and making much less progress? I'm guessing Echo just has more veteran raiders that are used to the races?

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    ahahahahahahahahahahah
    we OG's know. I may have my old account deleted, but we know!

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    That was a repeat of last race
    Limit had it but then lost it

Grata to Echo for an amazing kill
    I wouldn't say Liquid had it, they didn't even reach the secret phase on Jailer and were behind on Lords and Rygelon.

Quote Originally Posted by petals View Post
    The boomer magic is strong with this one.
    And you sound like a zoomer demanding its participation trophy

Mechagnome
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    I was 100% okay with Liquid losing this race. I wouldn't respect them any less. Incredible talent and dedication. Losing to a guild on the same level is no shame at all, just part of competition.

Now, leaving the race because of "players mental health"?!?! What is this? I can't fathom giving up like that. Specially because of "mental health". I was taught to endure hardships, to persevere, to NEVER give up without a fight. What is this mentality? If you commit to something, you push through the end. It's in the hard days that you have to push yourself the most. This is the kind of experience that builds character. Giving up like is...pitful. Shameful.

When Simone Biles left competition last year, I respected her. Because it involved real risks to her health and well being.

Liquid isn't the same case. They're acting like weaklings, instead of finding the strength within themselves.
    What the fuck did I just read?

Lol at people thinking they made 10-20 mil on a 4week stream with avg 20k viewers. In what world do you live?

Quote Originally Posted by facefist View Post
    Oh god you people jumping into discussions without reading them through. He was saying they make 10-20million on ADS alone. If you find such info please let me know as well.
    I apologie. Clearly noone makes 10mil only from twitch ads

Apparently it was bugged
    Some raiders are getting banned
    WoW Twitter post here

Quote Originally Posted by otyknip1 View Post
    we OG's know. I may have my old account deleted, but we know!
    know what? Your comment made me laugh of how dellusional it was.

What are you talking about? You said top streamers make 10-20million/year and I asked you for a source on that, has nothing to do with this event. Guess you don't have one and are just throwing numbers out of your ass.

But I suppose no one is going to take your numbers seriously anyway so no harm done.
    I mean, there's the obvious twitch leak which showed that many streamers were making close to $10 million just in ad payouts. I didn't mention it because I kind of figured that was common knowledge this point. But again, there's so much more to being a popular streamer that this revenue metric on its own is only part of the picture. The numbers I quoted aren't even that extraordinary so I have no idea why you're being needlessly scrupulous about this.

Congrats Echo! What a nice kill.

'We hate Max, we don't hate anyone else' Open mic during the celebration lol. Didn't recognize the voice.

The guy you quoted literally said Blizz should work with these people so how is that not letting/helping influencers to do their job? It's not like he proposed to alter the game towards their playstyle. Nice attempt to move the goalpost though.
    Having blizzard balance the fights around their playstyles would be altering game towards their playstyle. Sorry I thought you could figure this much out without it being spelled out for you. Nice attempt to claim someone is moving a goal post though.

Quote Originally Posted by WarBringerPT View Post
    know what? Your comment made me laugh of how dellusional it was.
    oh, so you are not aware of bozzelprogres . fake og, get out

I was 100% okay with Liquid losing this race. I wouldn't respect them any less. Incredible talent and dedication. Losing to a guild on the same level is no shame at all, just part of competition.

Now, leaving the race because of "players mental health"?!?! What is this? I can't fathom giving up like that. Specially because of "mental health". I was taught to endure hardships, to persevere, to NEVER give up without a fight. What is this mentality? If you commit to something, you push through the end. It's in the hard days that you have to push yourself the most. This is the kind of experience that builds character. Giving up like is...pitful. Shameful.

When Simone Biles left competition last year, I respected her. Because it involved real risks to her health and well being.

Liquid isn't the same case. They're acting like weaklings, instead of finding the strength within themselves.
    ^ This is a _TRULY TERRIBLE_ take. On some 'man up dude' type bullshit. Once fatigue sets in, after stresses it will start colliding into your ability to re-coup even during sleep cycles and from then on it becomes detrimental to health.

Where the whole 'race' thing has gone, should _NEVER_ have been allowed to happen, Blizzard should have taken their responsibility and refused to ever let raiding get to the place where it's currently at. But it's way to late to put the horse back in the barn now, since it started really back in SUNWELL and from there on it has just escalated. But Blizzard 100% should have NEVER allowed 'raiding' to get to the place it is at currently. And honestly it's weird considering the current 'TEAM' at Blizzard is comprised of some of the most outspoken name profiles when raiding started turning back in 09.

Quote Originally Posted by killver View Post
    Lol at people thinking they made 10-20 mil on a 4week stream with avg 20k viewers. In what world do you live?
    Nobody said that. I said that each organization likely made upwards of a million between ads, merchandise and everything else. I really don't think this is a huge number nor do I think it's that far out of the realm of possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Vilendor View Post
    This. Also, guilds placed 3+ currently will kill it also, possibly in this reset or even later and they can handle it? All because they are not in the lead after 24 hour headstart? Imagine any football team leaving the field during the Super Bowl when the opposite team takes the lead.... and people praising them. This is fricking clown world
    Thats not really compareable. Make the NFL players play everyday for 1 month and lets see how they fare. With no option of going home or anything. Just play, eat, sleep, play, repeat.

Also - Limit were drained. There was nothing more to go with. At that point you gotta take your losses and call it. If the players are drained, they are drained. It would probably just go worse for them if they kept going.

They had several new RWF players and this has been a good experience for them for next race.

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    I wouldn't say Liquid had it, they didn't even reach the secret phase on Jailer and were behind on Lords and Rygelon.
    They pulled ahead on jailer for a bit but then players had to be swapped
    Hotels needed changed
    They couldn’t replace problem players

I think everyone is just glad it’s over

One of the worst posts I had the displeasure of reading on these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    I mean, there's the obvious twitch leak which showed that many streamers were making close to $10 million just in ad payouts.
    That isn't just ad payout that is total twitch revenue, ads, subs and bits. Also over the course of 26 months, not 3 weeks. Did you even bother to read it before linking this to compare?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    That isn't just ad payout that is total twitch revenue, ads, subs and bits. Also over the course of 26 months, not 3 weeks. Did you even bother to read it before linking this to compare?
    You know the answer
    Then the storm broke, and the dragons danced.