Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    This kind of thing does not translate to M+ once affixes get involved. Even single packs are going to be a pain with far too many affixes in such a cramped space; no space to move, and no space to kite.
    I just imagined this with quaking, volcanic, or especially sanguine. /shudder
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

This is just how the ball is rolling for Blizzard right now. They have some trust earn back if you catch my drift.
    "Today and forever I am your better, Arthas." - Illidan Stormrage

A small chunk of the playerbase bothers with raids, even with LFR, and Mythic+ is close enough to raids for the players who don't like raiding that only a small portion of those players bother with it too.

15k does seem low but between not many players actually using the official forums and a percentage of them care about mythic plus.

I'm thinking most players don't do mythic+

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Quaking, Volcanic, Storming (tornadoes spinning through walls 100%), and Sanguine for obnoxious ground clutter in the cramped space.
    Spiteful and Necrotic for kiting in the non-existent space.
    I'd even say Explosive is going to be tough with the janky camera making it difficult to pick out nameplates, or get a wide enough view to see every spawn.

Seven of the fifteen current affixes are going to turn GD into a dead key as far as the community will be concerned. No one is going to want to deal with that kind of shit once the nostalgia wears off on the second pack in the first train car.

It's a combination of the playerbase having dwindled significantly, and players no longer visiting the official forums due to demoralization. Why bother posting on a game's official forums if the devs have proven time and time again over several years that they won't listen to customer feedback on their own official forums? There are countless "I quit" threads that list that as a reason.

Personally, I don't care about mythic raiding. I only visit the general discussion, story subforums, and Moon Guard subforums on the official forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    It's a combination of the playerbase having dwindled significantly, and players no longer visiting the official forums due to demoralization. Why bother posting on a game's official forums if the devs have proven time and time again over several years that they won't listen to customer feedback on their own official forums? There are countless "I quit" threads that list that as a reason.

Personally, I don't care about mythic raiding. I only visit the general discussion, story subforums, and Moon Guard subforums on the official forums.
    I mean they also berate and talk down to higher end players. My favorite is them claiming theorycrafting was some grand social engineering scheme.

Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    I didn't vote. Asked my guild, 1 guy out of our 23 person team said they bothered.

Anecdotal, but I bet most people just don't care or don't feel like their vote matters since we can see what the results are.
    Didnt vote, no one in my guild voted, and no one in guilds on other servers were i have friends who i asked bother to vote. So thats with my guild 7 guilds who still raid and have players that still play but dont raid which didnt vote.

It's the final raid patch and the race is done. It's when most people leave the game entirely. I got a false positive ban for 6 months and I think it's probably for the best because I bet it's mostly tumbleweeds now until the pre-patch for 10.x.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It's the final raid patch and the race is done. It's when most people leave the game entirely. I got a false positive ban for 6 months and I think it's probably for the best because I bet it's mostly tumbleweeds now until the pre-patch for 10.x.
    Pretty much I don't know how this season thing will work most people use mythic 15 to gear and dont push past that. Its a small minority that goes past rewards for mythic plus

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Hamsters View Post
    Yep, game only has 16k players, confirmed, because we know for sure that everyone both partake in M+ and visit official forums...
    40k, there is NA and EU, the 16k was just the NA.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    As of writing this, there are three days remaining and the total voter count sits at just 15,878.

Do you believe people are merely unaware of the poll, or is this a sneak peak into just how small the playerbase size is now?

Poll in question: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...ngeons/1205558
    Probably a lack of visibility + a general view that a significant chunk of remaining players just want SL over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thuunda View Post
    "Side note, Iron Docks... Grimrail Depot... really?" proof that people who DO vote for these kinda things are kooks or masochists
    A good number of people voting are probably thinking of dungeons that would be favorites to be made relevant again, and not thinking of how good of a platform those dungeons might be for modern M+ affixes.

7+ Year Old Account
    i would if i could but
    You can't vote because you can't post in this topic.

Didn't even know the poll existed.
    Can't say I care, don't really do any M+.

And besides, WoD had some awful dungeons. Super long, drawn out slogs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

Maybe most people don't give a tinker's cuss about Mythic+, that's possible too, the mythic+ fans are a vocal bunch, but how many are there really?

Also, i don't think many people visit the official (Or unofficial, like here) forums, lots of people log in, play, log off, and don't spend any time on forums.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Maybe most people don't give a tinker's cuss about Mythic+, that's possible too, the mythic+ fans are a vocal bunch, but how many are there really?

Also, i don't think many people visit the official (Or unofficial, like here) forums, lots of people log in, play, log off, and don't spend any time on forums.
    i think people just dont care enough, in my guild pretty much everyone runs m+ daily and when i asked what they voted for most said they didnt bother
    one guy said he didnt vote bcs if the dungeon he voted for won, and it would end up being terrible he would be pissed at himself for picking it

so yeah, using this as some sort of metrics for player count is terrible idea, even for m+ players only, and even worse for playerbase in general

10+ Year Old Account
    As of writing this, there are three days remaining and the total voter count sits at just 15,878.

Do you believe people are merely unaware of the poll, or is this a sneak peak into just how small the playerbase size is now?

Blizzard is only active on US forums, but EU plyers are much more abundant that US.

Also, are people still doung dungeons?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Grimrail is my favourite dungeon in the game but I didn't vote for it because it would have been a shitty M+ dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    hmm, i assume just not many ppl care any longer tbh. wow sucks since a good while and SL killed many customers. ppls just move on. so tbh, this is not that surprising imo. i play wow since 16 years without interruption and even i give a fuck these days. i just no longer care and it not much interessts me tbh. ppls move on and i do too. nothing special.

the reason i post in this forum just means i am still not out the door. i play some m+ 20s here and then. but that also doesnt mean, that i am still heavily interessted in all that shit Blizz produces since years. and seriously, what rehashed dungeon they add to m+…. i couldn’t care less.
    Considering you do m+20s at all shows that you are invested quite a lot in WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkiy View Post
    Yeah, actually. SBG is a more interesting dungeon by far, and without the janky camera to boot.

This kind of thing does not translate to M+ once affixes get involved. Even single packs are going to be a pain with far too many affixes in such a cramped space; no space to move, and no space to kite.
    Time to get rid of affixes tbh, except for the seasonal ones. In priniciple they sound like a fun idea, but I have never enjoyed them.

I'm thinking it's a mix of people not knowing due to lack of advertisement and people straight up not caring because it's not their preferred content.