Page 3 of 55 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I doubt tinkers would happen in a dragon based expansion.
    A possible future tech or gnome/goblin expansion sure.
    Unless the dragon expansion focuses more on Titan technology to repower the dragonflights
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoSe7eN View Post
    Tinker is a garbage concept for a garbage class that would ultimately be the final nail in the coffin for me and wow. I don't want it. And the obsession some of you have with Tinker is rather disturbing.

I can't wait to see the tears of this community when Tinker isn't revealed in the next expansion. I hope the disappointment is a wake up call to the sad folk that it isn't happening.
    Then it will evolve into its coming in next patch or next xpac. It’s honestly a deeply disturbing obsession some have with it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I doubt tinkers would happen in a dragon based expansion.
    A possible future tech or gnome/goblin expansion sure.
    Unless the dragon expansion focuses more on Titan technology to repower the dragonflights
    There's actually quite a bit Goblin/Dragon lore. There's especially a great deal of history involving Goblins and Black Dragons. That could be deeply explored in a dragon expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    Blood Elf: Netherstorm blood elf type tech
    That's Draenei/Naaru tech.

i think you mean april 1

there is a forsaken tinker on Gazlowe's team...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

The entire concept is frightening. I'm glad Metzen kept it out of Warcraft.
    By that logic, we can say that "the entire concept of the tinker is silly, and we're glad Metzen kept it out of Warcraft" too.

- - - Updated - - -

There's actually quite a bit Goblin/Dragon lore.
    Wrong. There is absolutely zero lore to justify a tinker class in a dragon-based expansion.

Everything you have are either just isolated events (one singular robotic dragon created) and non-canon stuff (a robot dragon pet that could be bought during the WoW anniversary event)

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    By that logic, we can say that "the entire concept of the tinker is silly, and we're glad Metzen kept it out of Warcraft" too.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong. There is absolutely zero lore to justify a tinker class in a dragon-based expansion.

Everything you have are either just isolated events (one singular robotic dragon created) and non-canon stuff (a robot dragon pet that could be bought during the WoW anniversary event)
    Goblins plated Deathwing

And there were a ton of Goblins in Blackwing Lair that were doing science experiments
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

10+ Year Old Account
    Considering the Tinker hero in WC3, and that Undermine was a planned continent in Vanilla, I have no idea what sort of logic you're using.

In your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by wushootaki View Post
    Goblins plated Deathwing

And there were a ton of Goblins in Blackwing Lair that were doing science experiments
    Also Meklo, the Goblin who created the Demon/Dragon Soul with Neltharion

That said, I wouldn't waste time trying to convince him.

1+ Year Old Account
    there is a forsaken tinker on Gazlowe's team...
    That 'tinker' doesn't even really do tinker stuff. They just run around with a gun zapping people.
    I expect tinker to only have two specs (the turret building one and the mech tank)
    Or the third one building like medical bots and/or being alchemist related.
    Chen isn't a Monk

That 'tinker' doesn't even really do tinker stuff. They just run around with a gun zapping people.
    I expect tinker to only have two specs (the turret building one and the mech tank)
    Forsaken have an entire organisation revolving around alchemy...

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Forsaken have an entire organisation revolving around alchemy...
    Fair, but it would still be weird seeing a forsaken running around in a goblin mech and building goblin turrets/robots.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Fair, but it would still be weird seeing a forsaken running around in a goblin mech and building goblin turrets/robots.
    No more weird than a Lightforged Shadowpriest.

Considerably less so, actually. There's not really anything stopping them from doing it other than safety standards and self preservation.

24 days until Tinker reveal by Blizzard. They have been investing an enormous amount of time from their animation and art teams into creating unique racial animations for the class. They see this as a love letter to the most wildly popular new class request.

Alliance:
    Gnomes: Gnomish tech (duh)
    Dark Iron Dwarves: Dark iron type tech (Think the drills and the BRD golems)
    Draenai: Alien crystal tech (you've seen the golems

Horde:
    Goblin: Standard goblin shredder type tech
    Mag'har orc: Iron Horde tech (It looks REALLY good).

Mail/intellect class.

Three specs:
    Enforcer: Tank. Battlesuit cooldown, with each race having a customized suit. Tank mechanic is built around a shield capacitor, with a focus on building large absorb shields to differentiate from other tanks.
    Alchemist: Healer. This spec plays most similar to how MOP Mistweaver played. There's a focus on self-spreading HOTS (and self-spreading DOTS). Some really cool visuals
    Engineer: Ranged DPS. I don't want to spoil it, but you guys are going to LOVE it.

All of these archetypes have been explored in WOW. The team has a ton of art direction to pull from and they are really excited about how this class came together.
    I really feel sorry for those of the tinker.... I'm hoping that blizzard dares to bring the tinker, really, because the next thing I'm going to do is uninstall wow. And I'm going to do it, in revenge. screw up again, they're going to screw it up, I can feel it... because they don't take the game seriously anymore, and they don't listen to the community anymore, they just invent a way for you to have to buy more and more tokens (legendary 150000 gold every alter..rofl)...

10+ Year Old Account
    What about Vulpera?

Quote Originally Posted by Capultro View Post
    I really feel sorry for those of the tinker.... I'm hoping that blizzard dares to bring the tinker, really, because the next thing I'm going to do is uninstall wow. And I'm going to do it, in revenge. screw up again, they're going to screw it up, I can feel it... because they don't take the game seriously anymore, and they don't listen to the community anymore, they just invent a way for you to have to buy more and more tokens (legendary 150000 gold every alter..rofl)...
    And nothing of value would be lost assuming you act like this everywhere.

It would have 3 specs, as their island teams have

a Tank, a ranged dps, and a healing spec (goblin alchemist WC3 neutral)

Goblins plated Deathwing
    Goblins putting on plates. Something basically anyone devoid of technological knowledge can do?

None of that justifies why we would have a tech class in a dragon-based experiments. By that logic, a necromancer class is just as likely, considering the sheer amount of undead dragons risen by necromancy that exists in this game.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering the Tinker hero in WC3, and that Undermine was a planned continent in Vanilla, I have no idea what sort of logic you're using.
    We got just as much stuff with bard-related lore in the game, as well: the lorewalkers, Bastion, all the spellsongs in the game, etc. So yes, the logic holds.

In your opinion.
    No, that's a fact, actually.

like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    We got just as much stuff with bard-related lore in the game, as well: the lorewalkers, Bastion, all the spellsongs in the game, etc. So yes, the logic holds.
    None of that makes the Bard a viable potential class concept in Warcraft. Like seriously, Pandaren Lorewalkers and a realm in the Afterlife have no connection with each other whatsoever.

As for the lore allowing a Tinker class in a dragon expansion, keep in mind that the playable Goblin race was brought into WoW during a Dragon expansion.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-03-28 at 01:49 AM.