Page 8 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Let me ask you one VERY simple question - why would anyone ever play any tank other than this mech if it has shields? As a long CD, its not so bad, but shields are EXTREMELY powerful in wow, thats a big reason disc priests have been changed so many times. This makes no sense at all, unless the shields are very minor. But that cant be the case, you said the entire spec is "built around" the shields.
    Why not ? I could see it as a double-edge tanking spec. With low-enough HP that any mistake in shield's uptime = death. And to not make healers useless with tinker tanks, make it so that incoming heals stack up their shields in case their HP are full.

I think that could be working. Not saying this leak is true (I couldn't care less about Tinkers), but I see many ways it could work (and after it's all about tuning).

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    they have lost to many players in SL to come up with BS like Tinkers they need to get the players back expect someting edgy like Dark Ranger or Dragonborne Chad meele mage class, they will smash the big red button like they did with Demonhunters after the shitshow that was WoD
    Absolutely this, A class pertained to the most unpopular races would be a stupid and unprecedented risk to the overall health of the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by [Apok] View Post
    Depends, how you're going on blizards interpretation, you're using one interpretation, if you were to go by RPG interpretation instead, said hunter could be referred to as a tinker

"A tinker learns an esoteric technique developed by mad goblin tinkers and passed along to their brethren — the art of bomb throwing."

Going by that interpretation, said hunter could be referred to as a tinker.
    Except the RPG isn’t canon, WC3 is. Further, the RPG Tinker had more abilities than just making bombs, and a single Hunter ability wouldn’t achieve that ability set. The RPG implies that the Tinker utilizes several types of bombs, not just one. Also if I recall, the RPG class doesn’t mention the use of spears, harpoons, animal poisons, or beastial pets.

You can't just pick and choose which source media you want to use and then adapt that to be "blizzards interpretation", especially without insider knowledge of their current decision making and design processes. have they ever come out and said "hey we only use W3 heroes as a basis for classes"
    Uh, it’s not picking and choosing. The Death Knight, Monk, and Demon Hunter were all heavily based on their WC3 incarnations. The HotS tinker hero also utilized the WC3 hero as the basis of its concept. Gazlowe and Mekkatorque in WoW both ride around in mechs, just like the WC3 Tinker did.

Thus it stands to reason that a Tinker class would follow its WC3 incarnation just like the previous three expansion classes. The lack of Tinker abilities in the Hunter class (including Tinker-based explosives) back that up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    they have lost to many players in SL to come up with BS like Tinkers they need to get the players back expect someting edgy like Dark Ranger or Dragonborne Chad meele mage class, they will smash the big red button like they did with Demonhunters after the shitshow that was WoD
    Incorrect. You don’t bring back players by creating classes that are essentially already in the game. You bring back players by bringing in a class that has an archetype that doesn’t currently exist in the lineup, such as a technology class.

You can give players a Dark Ranger simply by placing 3-4 talents in the MM spec.

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Yeah. Gnomes and goblins, mechagnomes and mag'har, it would be more than enough for me.
    eh maghar... tbh they used technology in wod, but... that was goblin technology... same goes for orcs
    dwarfs would be better (both regular and dark iron) but then we would arrive at issue with 4alliance and 1horde race

but if they wont be dicks about it gnomes, mechagnomes, goblins, orcs, maghar and human would be fine to have "balance" and not go down some wild path - like tauren tinker, that would be kinda weird dwarfs would be better fit than humans but it would be weird to only have one kind of dwarfs, as they both use some technology...

honestly, i think best way if they ever implement tinkers (before adding some more reasonable race to have them) would be to screw the "balance" and go with just goblin/gnome/mechagnome

Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    24 days until Tinker reveal by Blizzard. They have been investing an enormous amount of time from their animation and art teams into creating unique racial animations for the class. They see this as a love letter to the most wildly popular new class request.

Alliance:
    Gnomes: Gnomish tech (duh)
    Dark Iron Dwarves: Dark iron type tech (Think the drills and the BRD golems)
    Draenai: Alien crystal tech (you've seen the golems

Horde:
    Goblin: Standard goblin shredder type tech
    Mag'har orc: Iron Horde tech (It looks REALLY good).
    Blood Elf: Netherstorm blood elf type tech

Mail/intellect class.

Three specs:
    Enforcer: Tank. Battlesuit cooldown, with each race having a customized suit. Tank mechanic is built around a shield capacitor, with a focus on building large absorb shields to differentiate from other tanks.
    Alchemist: Healer. This spec plays most similar to how MOP Mistweaver played. There's a focus on self-spreading HOTS (and self-spreading DOTS). Some really cool visuals
    Engineer: Ranged DPS. I don't want to spoil it, but you guys are going to LOVE it.

All of these archetypes have been explored in WOW. The team has a ton of art direction to pull from and they are really excited about how this class came together.
    Link backing up you claim.

April 19th comes
    No Tinkers

--- snip ---

oh man I can't wait
    Last edited by Aucald; 2022-03-28 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Removed Meme Video

Gnomes are a universally hated race and used to be the butt of all jokes more so than their goblin counterparts,

Here's a little gnome lover blog crying about it, Enjoy!
    https://tinkerwithtidget.wordpress.com/tag/hunter/

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    eh maghar... tbh they used technology in wod, but... that was goblin technology... same goes for orcs
    dwarfs would be better (both regular and dark iron) but then we would arrive at issue with 4alliance and 1horde race

but if they wont be dicks about it gnomes, mechagnomes, goblins, orcs, maghar and human would be fine to have "balance" and not go down some wild path - like tauren tinker, that would be kinda weird dwarfs would be better fit than humans but it would be weird to only have one kind of dwarfs, as they both use some technology...

honestly, i think best way if they ever implement tinkers (before adding some more reasonable race to have them) would be to screw the "balance" and go with just goblin/gnome/mechagnome
    Sure, Iron Horde tech was goblin tech. But they appropriated it and had their own production line. Same goes for dwarves though, if I'm to be honest.

But yeah, you're pretty right. If we are going for pure Tinker, it should be goblins, gnomes and mechagnomes.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    But no guns. Sorry, but a trapper that uses a spear isn't a Tinker.

Yet you name the Hunter spec that doesn't use a gun.....

Again, WoW classes utilize original abilities from their heroes. There are no Tinker abilities in the Hunter class, thus it isn't a Tinker.

- - - Updated - - -

Again, a hunter with a spear and an animal companion that lays animal traps isn't a high-tech Goblin or Gnome piloting a mech simply because they can toss an explosive.

That’s blizzard’s interpretation, not mine.
    There are several examples of this not being the case though. Wow just draw inspiration from wc3 heroes and monsters thats all really.

Some classes are loosely based on different wc3 heroes and creatures and some are based on a specific wc3 hero
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2022-03-28 at 12:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It's not like the last three classes were groundbreaking. They couldn't even come up with enough stuff for a third spec for one of them.
    i never understood why DH didnt get caster spec, given Ilidans history (both in lore and in w3) its not such a wild notion...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    Same goes for dwarves though, if I'm to be honest.
    fair enough, they live with gnomes so long most of their technology is probably gnomish in origin just changed in design a bit over time

so yeah, gnomes and goblins and mechagnomes ofc, maybe some new goblin-ish allied race wouldnt be amiss, but thats about it, everyone else is just riding their coattails

the only way tinker works is if it's open to all races and renamed mechanic or something less stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bunch of fools...

A troll took a look at how other threads have been flooded with this nonsense, and decided to give his own try at pitting you agaisnt each other

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    There will never be tinkers as a class. Never.

Remember it before posting: will never be.
    Yeah...just like Pandarens and Blizz hosting Vanilla servers...

/eyeroll

The main reason to doubt this "leak" is the lack of Mechagnomes in the list.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    the only way tinker works is if it's open to all races and renamed mechanic or something less stupid.
    It should be open to all races for sure. Monk being accessible to all races seemed kind of silly too, but they did it anyway. If they add Tinkers, I think they'll do the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    fair enough, they live with gnomes so long most of their technology is probably gnomish in origin just changed in design a bit over time

so yeah, gnomes and goblins and mechagnomes ofc, maybe some new goblin-ish allied race wouldnt be amiss, but thats about it, everyone else is just riding their coattails
    Yeah. Gnomes taught engineering to dwarves. But steam tanks are a thing dwarves do (well until wotlk and the super elaborate tanks). And you can see a gyrocopter factory in Ironforge, in the Military District. So they don't depend so much on gnomes now.

As for goblin-ish allies, I would have loved to get the gilgoblins. But they may not be the best tinker candidates either.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    There are several examples of this not being the case though. Wow just draw inspiration from wc3 heroes and monsters thats all really.

Some classes are loosely based on different wc3 heroes and creatures and some are based on a specific wc3 hero
    That's the case for the classic classes. In the case of the expansion classes, they are heavily based on their WC3 incarnations.

The Tinker would be an expansion class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Incorrect. It also works as a mech-based class that utilizes only small races (Goblins, Gnomes, Mechagnomes, and Vulpera).

It also works as a Claw-pack/Mech hybrid class that includes the aforementioned races and Draenei, Nightborne, Dwarves, amd possibly others.

There's zero chance a Tinker class would incorporate every race. Every race does not embrace technology.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-03-28 at 12:50 PM.

Another "Tinker" thread to eye roll at. I can't wait until the xpac announcement simply so we can stop seeing these posts for a while. Even if Blizz DID add a new class to the mix, there are 10+ other classes that would fit the WoW design far better than Tinker.
    Last edited by Mavven; 2022-03-28 at 12:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavven View Post
    Another "Tinker" thread to eye roll at. I can't wait until the xpac announcement simply so we can stop seeing these posts for a while. Even if Blizz DID add a new class to the mix, there are 10+ other classes that would fit the WoW design far better than Tinker.
    Seriously there really isn't. Which is why we got no new classes in Shadowlands.

That's the case for the classic classes. In the case of the expansion classes, they are heavily based on their WC3 incarnations.

The Tinker would be an expansion class.

- - - Updated - - -

Incorrect. It also works as a mech-based class that utilizes only small races (Goblins, Gnomes, Mechagnomes, and Vulpera).

It also works as a Claw-pack/Mech hybrid class that includes the aforementioned races and Draenei, Nightborne, Dwarves, amd possibly others.

There's zero chance a Tinker class would incorporate every race. Every race does not embrace technology.
    Priests have mana burn from the demon hunter hero and the dh class have immolation and meta(which the warlock also used to have).

I'm not 100% buying your theory.

Also what is the tinker class in wc3 btw? I'm genuinely asking here i dont remember it
    Last edited by ClassicPeon; 2022-03-28 at 01:34 PM.

Cool. Tell me about the abilities that these disparate “Bards” have in common. Since they supposedly share a theme of spell song and music, they should have some abilities that is common among their “class”.
    Spellsongs. That is the ability they have in common. They can weave songs that possess magical properties.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually they don’t. WoW classes require a hero character and core abilities. For example;
    I wish you stop spreading such misinformation. You have never even came close to proving that factoid as true. Blizzard is not beholden to your arbitrary rules, you know?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Not sure what you're trying to argue, lol.
    Then perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension?

The game can't have Tinkers because you want to pretend it's just a "high fantasy game",
    I'm not "pretending" anything. World of Warcraft is a high fantasy game, first and foremost.

So just because steampunk elements aren't a major part of the game, we should never get a steampunk class in Tinkers? Weird argument.
    Again, reading comprehension doesn't seem to be your forte as that was never my argument in the post you originally quoted from. I was simply stating one possible reason as to why the game never had a playable tech class up until this point.