Page 9 of 55 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Priests have mana burn from the demon hunter hero and the dh class have immolation and meta(which the warlock also used to have).

I'm not 100% buying your theory.
    Priests no longer have Mana Burn, such abilities were removed before Demon Hunters became a class. Demon Hunters currently have Mana Break as a compromise, and as a callback to the WC3 ability. Demon Hunters also got a version of Immolation, and they took Metamorphosis back from Warlocks.

Why? Because Blizzard made it a priority to make them faithful to their WC3 incarnation.

Also what is the tinker class in wc3 btw? I'm genuinely asking here i dont remember it
    http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...intinker.shtml

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Spellsongs. That is the ability they have in common. They can weave songs that possess magical properties.
    Cool, give me an example of a Spellsong that Lorewalkers, Bastion dwellers, and whoever else you brought up shares.

If this is true - which I'm very much doubting - it's too little too late.

The time to implement a Tinker class would have been when they were super relevant, I.E. in BFA with Mechagon and whatnot. I highly doubt they'll be able to give enough story in this new expansion to make them as relevant as say, Demon Hunters in Legion, Deathknights in WoTLK, or Monks in MoP. So they'll feel shoehorned as heck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FanaticDreamer View Post
    If this is true - which I'm very much doubting - it's too little too late.

The time to implement a Tinker class would have been when they were super relevant, I.E. in BFA with Mechagon and whatnot. I highly doubt they'll be able to give enough story in this new expansion to make them as relevant as say, Demon Hunters in Legion, Deathknights in WoTLK, or Monks in MoP. So they'll feel shoehorned as heck.
    They have yet to implement Undermine. That could be an expansion basis for a Tinker class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Cool, give me an example of a Spellsong that Lorewalkers, Bastion dwellers, and whoever else you brought up shares.
    Why should I? I'm not talking about specific abilities. You're just trying to move the goalposts. I said that those examples i provided can, and I quote, "weave songs that possess magical properties", i.e., spellsongs.

By the way, if memory serves, tech characters in WoW also don't have specific abilities in common. Bladkfuse, for example, doesn't share any specific ability in common with Mekkatorque, for example.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    24 days until Tinker reveal by Blizzard. They have been investing an enormous amount of time from their animation and art teams into creating unique racial animations for the class. They see this as a love letter to the most wildly popular new class request.

Alliance:
    Gnomes: Gnomish tech (duh)
    Dark Iron Dwarves: Dark iron type tech (Think the drills and the BRD golems)
    Draenai: Alien crystal tech (you've seen the golems

Horde:
    Goblin: Standard goblin shredder type tech
    Mag'har orc: Iron Horde tech (It looks REALLY good).
    Blood Elf: Netherstorm blood elf type tech

Mail/intellect class.

Three specs:
    Enforcer: Tank. Battlesuit cooldown, with each race having a customized suit. Tank mechanic is built around a shield capacitor, with a focus on building large absorb shields to differentiate from other tanks.
    Alchemist: Healer. This spec plays most similar to how MOP Mistweaver played. There's a focus on self-spreading HOTS (and self-spreading DOTS). Some really cool visuals
    Engineer: Ranged DPS. I don't want to spoil it, but you guys are going to LOVE it.

All of these archetypes have been explored in WOW. The team has a ton of art direction to pull from and they are really excited about how this class came together.

Edit: 23 days!
    What in the buggery bollocks is this. Stop living inside your head and get outside for some fresh air.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why should I? I'm not talking about specific abilities. You're just trying to move the goalposts.
    Death Knights, Monks, and Demon Hunters all had specific abilities before they became classes, yet you can't name a single specific Bard ability?

By the way, if memory serves, tech characters in WoW also don't have specific abilities in common. Bladkfuse, for example, doesn't share any specific ability in common with Mekkatorque, for example.
    The Tinker does though. Like all the other expansion classes before it, the core of the class will be made up of those specific WC3 abilities.

Priests no longer have Mana Burn, such abilities were removed before Demon Hunters became a class. Demon Hunters currently have Mana Break as a compromise, and as a callback to the WC3 ability. Demon Hunters also got a version of Immolation, and they took Metamorphosis back from Warlocks.

Why? Because Blizzard made it a priority to make them faithful to their WC3 incarnation.

http://classic.battle.net/war3/neutr...intinker.shtml

- - - Updated - - -

I get what you are saying but you do realize that none of this is proven right? Everything you are saying is conjecture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    I get what you are saying but you do realize that none of this is proven right? Everything you are saying is conjecture.
    We have three examples of this happening with 100% accuracy for all examples. It isn't conjecture. Further, when we break down the WoW class lineup, only the Tinker and Alchemist heroes have abilities that are completely absent from the class lineup, are both Goblin heroes, and have similarly themed abilities, indicating that those ability sets have been reserved for possible class inclusion.

BTW, class inclusion is the likely conclusion because all of the other WC3 heroes had their ability sets filtered into the class lineup.

Probably because WoW is, first and foremost, a high fantasy game, not a steampunk/cyberpunk game.
    *flashbacks of Titan Facilities around Azeroth, Gnomes begin direct descendants of the Mechagones like Mimiron and Goblins too by some extent, Golems in Classic WoW, Robot Bosses in Ulduar, Robot boss in BWD, LEGION WITH SPACESHIP LAZOR AND INTERGALACTIS VESSELS, Anima Golems in MOP*

yep

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    24 days until Tinker reveal by Blizzard. They have been investing an enormous amount of time from their animation and art teams into creating unique racial animations for the class. They see this as a love letter to the most wildly popular new class request.

Alliance:
    Gnomes: Gnomish tech (duh)
    Dark Iron Dwarves: Dark iron type tech (Think the drills and the BRD golems)
    Draenai: Alien crystal tech (you've seen the golems

Horde:
    Goblin: Standard goblin shredder type tech
    Mag'har orc: Iron Horde tech (It looks REALLY good).
    Blood Elf: Netherstorm blood elf type tech

Mail/intellect class.

Three specs:
    Enforcer: Tank. Battlesuit cooldown, with each race having a customized suit. Tank mechanic is built around a shield capacitor, with a focus on building large absorb shields to differentiate from other tanks.
    Alchemist: Healer. This spec plays most similar to how MOP Mistweaver played. There's a focus on self-spreading HOTS (and self-spreading DOTS). Some really cool visuals
    Engineer: Ranged DPS. I don't want to spoil it, but you guys are going to LOVE it.

All of these archetypes have been explored in WOW. The team has a ton of art direction to pull from and they are really excited about how this class came together.

Edit: 23 days!

*checking OP posts history* + Dreanei misspelling + no Mecha Gnomes? (which isnt really a typo because he probably meant Gnomes as both)

48% that is fake

-------------

Also sorry but 90% of people writing "No MECHAGNOMES?" looks like dumb as fuck, i mean he forgot Lightforge Draenei that have actually a gundam suit as mount for 500k but nobody gave a fuck.

mah

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't understand how 2 people are allowed to run from thread to thread shoving their damn "It's going to be Tinkers" crap down other peoples throats. They were even told many times by mods in another thread to stop but they didn't. Never thought about Tinkers before , but I guarantee I won't touch one with a thousand foot pole now. My vote is for Murlocs

I'm not "pretending" anything. World of Warcraft is a high fantasy game, first and foremost.
    I'm not sure why you think that is in any way relevant. High Fantasy says nothing about the usage of technology. It's mostly characterised by the existence of widespread magic and fantastical beings and events, not by the absence of higher technology.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    I'm not sure why you think that is in any way relevant. High Fantasy says nothing about the usage of technology. It's mostly characterised by the existence of widespread magic and fantastical beings and events, not by the absence of higher technology.
    Final Fantasy is a high fantasy game and it has steampunk stuff.

DnD too

Maybe he/she chocked and meant "medieval" fantasy

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Tinkers are the only real class that could be added right now that would fit into lore and not step on the toes of existing classes/specs in terms of themes and gameplay feel.
    Heroes tied to it are clearly Mekkatorque & Gazlowe.

A dragonsworn class is a close second, but it could easily step on the toes of existing classes/specs if they’re not careful.
    Heroes tied to that class are obviously the dragons.
    Chen isn't a Monk

15+ Year Old Account
    Peoples obsession with Tinkers is just..it's fetish level. It really is. It's getting disturbing.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Also lol at people saying that technology doesn’t fit wow despite technology literally always being a thing back to WC3, even if we exclude all forms of Titan technology.
    (The goblin tinkers entire kit in WC3, siege engines and gyrocopters for Dwarves)

Also we have Mechagnomes, who are literal cyborgs with the heritage armor that basically has them being full on robots.

“Tinker is just engineering”
    Kinda like DHs were just melee warlocks before they were introduced.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-03-28 at 02:38 PM.
    Chen isn't a Monk

Again, a hunter with a spear and an animal companion that lays animal traps isn't a high-tech Goblin or Gnome piloting a mech simply because they can toss an explosive.

That’s blizzard’s interpretation, not mine.
    But they can learn engineering and build a "low-tech" rocket. And I am certain we can find multiple quests ingame where a player controls a mech

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Also lol at people saying that technology doesn’t fit wow despite technology literally always being a thing back to WC3, even if we exclude all forms of Titan technology.
    (The goblin tinkers entire kit in WC3, siege engines and gyrocopters for Dwarves)

Also we have Mechagnomes, who are literal cyborgs with the heritage armor that basically has them being full on robots.

“Tinker is just engineering”
    Kinda like DHs were just melee warlocks before they were introduced.
    Even WC2 had submarines and gyrocopters that were clearly technological. Not to mention oil rigs.

Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    With all this tinker talk, what would make them stand apart from other classes gameplaywise? A mech suit, ok, cool so similar to druid bear, lots of armor probably and an absorb shield? So similar gameplay like druid bear, enough armor to mitigate the small damage and use shield to mitigate bigger damage. Doesn't sound too interesting and too similar to a druid bear. Other ideas i've read about it being a ranged tank with remote controlled tanks or drones would be different but I can't imagine how that could work when you need to move a boss.

So what about other specs? Healer with some robots and hots with smart heal? Robots sound like totems and they reduced the amount of totems shamans have to use because they didn't work properly in more and more situations. Monk had smart heals and it was too powerful and they removed most of them, so why would they bring them back? Gameplaywise it would be different from other classes because it would have some broken mechanics that were previously removed. Doesn't sound like something you would do for a new class.

Ranged dps I've not read anything unique or interesting. Some say drones or turrets like hunter pets, warlock demons or shaman totems, some ranged attacks like hunter and some alchemy stuff for dots. Could be cool but doesn't sound unique.

With all that talk about tinkers people seem to have forgotten that blizzard did a lot to differentiate all specs so that they work and feel differently and killed for example sv hunter just to make it more different from mm and didn't give dh a third spec when there are hints that a third spec was planned (ranged dps or healer).
    Im not saying tinker are going to be added.. would i like them to be? Sure! I like the thematic of steam punk in fantasy. What I'd absolutely hate to see if they were added is if tinker was a pet class outside of a cool down.
    I dont want to summon tons of robots and turrets and stupid junk. I want to throw grenades, torpedoes, and tesla coils, and shoot wild shit out of my crazy magitech looking gun.

10+ Year Old Account
    Death Knights, Monks, and Demon Hunters all had specific abilities before they became classes, yet you can't name a single specific Bard ability?
    They didn't have any "specific ability" in WoW. And if you're talking about Warcraft 3, that's your problem, because I'm not. I'm talking about the bard concept in the fantasy genre. Which should be obvious to you, and, frankly, I believe it is, but you choose to ignore it.

The Tinker does though. Like all the other expansion classes before it, the core of the class will be made up of those specific WC3 abilities.
    Okay. Show me the specific abilities that all the tinkers in WoW have in common. Show me what specific abilities Siegecrafter Blackfuse and Gelbin Mekkatorque share. Or what specific abilities Gazlowe and Mekkatorque share. Come on, Teriz. Put your money where your mouth is.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    *flashbacks of Titan Facilities around Azeroth, Gnomes begin direct descendants of the Mechagones like Mimiron and Goblins too by some extent, Golems in Classic WoW, Robot Bosses in Ulduar, Robot boss in BWD, LEGION WITH SPACESHIP LAZOR AND INTERGALACTIS VESSELS, Anima Golems in MOP*

yep
    And yet, the overarching theme and story of those expansions are all heavily grounded in the high fantasy genre. Funny that.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

No. Tinker is stupid.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.