Quote Originally Posted by Easo View Post
    Do you have proof of that state of disrepair? Like actual proof of vehicles breaking down, more than would be usual from military equipment in war conditions, as breakups is a normal event in militaries during marches and fighting (hint, armor dislikes repeated pedal to the metal and sharp turns)? No, lack of fuel is not disrepair.
    ARE YOU BEING FUCKING SERIOUS?

https://twitter.com/trenttelenko/sta...64245250002944

https://www.forbes.com/sites/vikramm...h=1ec7ab6c6f59

This aligns well with reports about a stagnant Russian defense industrial base, from which both sides have procured their equipment, and underfunded militaries. If properly maintained, the equipment would be expected to operate without issue, however, approximately 15 percent of the equipment listed on Oryx was abandoned.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfUL...hannel=Twitchy

Remember the fake ERA's video you already waved off?

Dude, stop fucking lionizing the fucking Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    There's seems to have been some movement in how posters envision the end of the conflict.

A lot of the Doomers have backed off there their binary supposition of; Russian Victory or just WW3. It only took 3 weeks, but they finally recognized that Ukraine has it's own agency.

I think it's an expression of Gamer Brain. A strong desire to always have the Correct Prediction. Or the desire to scold people for not using the exact DPS rotation they read about on L33TP33N.com.
    It is still too early to tell but many, including myself, could not predict the incompetence of Russian Army.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

And Easo laughed when I called him a Putlerista. Seriously, stop feeding him.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuntantee View Post
    There is no evidence of them shooting a TB2 as far as I know. Until evidence emerges, we can assume its BS. Armenians managed to shoot down one or two drones in 30 days.
    Oryx has one listed:

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

Quote Originally Posted by Corvus View Post
    Given the very close ties between Azerbaijan and Turkey, you do have to wonder if Turkey is feeling out things behind the scenes, and maybe considering stepping up thing in Syria again.
    Azerbaijan and Turkey has defense clause, if Russia attacks Azerbaijan, Turkey will respond. I'd expect, however, things will not be escalated to that point. North Western Syria is unlikely to see action from Turkey, afaik. North Eastern Syria is a different matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Azerbaijan and Turkey has defense clause, if Russia attacks Azerbaijan, Turkey will respond. I'd expect, however, things will not be escalated to that point. North Western Syria is unlikely to see action from Turkey, afaik. North Eastern Syria is a different matter.
    SOmewhat related, some part of me would love to see Georgia retake South Ossetia from Russia after seeing how badly Russia is doing in Ukraine and forcing Putler to have to divide his shitty army even more.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

Quote Originally Posted by PhaelixWW View Post
    One drone per month is in line with other conflicts. I think we lost somewhere between 7 to 12 drones in Libya in 8 months or so. Armenians shot down one drone in 28 days. The rate is even lower in Syria, afaik.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zaydin View Post
    SOmewhat related, some part of me would love to see Georgia retake South Ossetia from Russia after seeing how badly Russia is doing in Ukraine and forcing Putler to have to divide his shitty army even more.
    I am not sure how capable Georgian army is, I'd still avoid underestimating Russia. Azerbaijan army, on the other hand, is basically a small NATO army. They can hold their ground against Russia.

It is still too early to tell but many, including myself, could not predict the incompetence of Russian Army.
    I was there with you; I thought Russian troops would've been occupying Kyiv in three days after being mobilized. Apparently Crimea was a harsh learning experience that Ukraine took to heart.

I'll agree with this. But hope turned into surprise and now gleeful acceptance pretty quickly. For me at least. I did not expect this level of systemic and catastrophic failure in the Russian military apparatus.

Edit: I'd like to be a fly on the wall of a Pentagon meeting right about now... I imagine it kinda goes like this:

"So... uh, the F-35... why did we get that again?"
    Last edited by Slant; 2022-03-28 at 09:59 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I'll agree with this. But hope turned into surprise and now gleeful acceptance pretty quickly. For me at least. I did not expect this level of systemic and catastrophic failure in the Russian military apparatus.

Edit: I'd like to be a fly on the wall of a Pentagon meeting right about now... I imagine it kinda goes like this:

To sell to Canada?

Canada is pursuing a deal to purchase 88 F-35s from Lockheed Martin, an about-face for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau who swore in 2015 to find another source for next-generation fighter jets.

The federal government announced Monday that it will spend up to C$19 billion to buy warplanes to replace the Royal Canadian Air Force’s aging CF-18 fleet.

You are being brainwashed by propaganda. Russian military is by no means on a luxury cruise, being heavily outnumbered and all that, on top of not being able to use its full potential due to civilians being used as a shield by the Ukrainian military (not all of it, true, but there were enough precedents I have personally witnessed). Remember that Russians are trying to sell this war as a liberation operation back at home. If they actually start to go all out, we will go back to the dark ages. I mean literally. They control all power around the capital, they can destroy all power stations at a click of fingers. Yet, power is being supplied, gas terminals undamaged, petrol is still being delivered. As for this particular twitter photo in your link - it was not a maintenance issue. It was a combat loss.

So please stop this propaganda nonsense. It is not helping anyone. You actually make a fool out of yourself repeating it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihalik View Post

So let's sum up, because you clearly choose to cherry pick the texts and not fully read them:

1. Pantsir stuck in the mud - mud does not care for sides as evidenced by stuck Ukrainian vehicles, from APCs to tanks (beloved Oryx can help, if needed). Poster uses word "implied" and talks about a single vehicle in such condition about an army which has more than hundred of those, not to mention thousands of other vehicles.
    2. Forbes openly talking that they cannot fully verify Oryx, then proceeds to guess that either vehicle is abandoned "because probably maintenance" (because lack of fuel does not count, clearly, even when lack of fuel is parroted around everywhere) or that they were stuck in the mud.
    3. What does soft ERA blocks filled have to do with vehicles capability to move and when will you show me any proof that the hard ERA blocks (you know, the primary ones) are also empty? Preferably a systematic proof, since Russia had what, 120 BTG's involved? Thats ~1.2k tanks of 3 main models and bunch of subvariants, with various ERA versions.
    4. You did not provide any proof that Russian vehicles are breaking down more than should be normal in any of the three links you posted.

There is a simple choice, Mihalik - you either admit that you don't have a solid proof or you can join the Slant's "T-60's/German tankers told me so" crew.
    Btw, he still has not explained anything about "T-60's". Gee, I wonder why...

And yes, I will keep laughing at people. Tractors stealings tanks for Ukraine meme has gone too far outside any healthy level of hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaaz View Post
    You are being brainwashed by propaganda..
    I am almost 146% sure that this specific Pantsir was burned down after the photo he posted. Just to be clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadoowpunk View Post
    Take that haters.
    IF IM STUPID, so is Donald Trump.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post

No one really did, but I suspect a lot of analysts didn't want to get flat footed by Russia succeeding, to their great shock I'd add, as well as they did in 2014 and Syria. Likely should have paid more attention to the changes in Russian military: Replacing reformists with Old Guard members. Even Ukrainians are surprised they are doing as well as they are.

As for the Pentagon and F-35, they are quite aware of it's shortcomings in a heavily contested air space, but that's why the US, to a degree no other nation does, spends a lot of time worrying about suppressing air defenses.

If the US had conducted such an invasion they'd have spent days if not weeks before any ground troops moving bombing near constantly any air defenses with cruise missiles from ships and air before moving in. Russia in contrast spent hours. The weakness of believing your own propaganda.
    Last edited by CostinR; 2022-03-28 at 10:49 PM.
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."

10+ Year Old Account
    TIL I learned, Russia has no equivalent to Wild Weasels. The f-35 will be like the 6 generation of Wild Weasels for the US. Contested Airspace problems indeed...

In another story from The Aviationist, defense analyst Guy Plopsky offers some further explanation for Russia’s inability to dominate the skies over Ukraine, adding to Bronk’s list. Plopsky highlights how some Ukrainian air defense systems seem to still be in operation days after the war began, and points to Russia’s lack of a dedicated suppression of enemy air defenses (SEAD) platform akin to America’s Wild Weasel F-16s, which are modified specifically for their role in hunting down and destroying air defense systems.

“On this note, while Russia’s operational-tactical aviation includes many aircraft types capable of employing anti-radiation missiles, it lacks a dedicated SEAD platform. There are no Russian ‘Wild Weasels,’” Plopsky explains.

A lack of a dedicated SEAD platform and training alone isn’t the culprit, but it may be when added to Russia’s very slow processing of strike packages followed by even slower battle assessments of those strikes, Plopsky points out. In short, Russia’s approach to attacking air defenses is proving rather ineffective.

Maybe COBRA can lend them a Rattler
    Last edited by Milchshake; 2022-03-28 at 10:31 PM.

You are being brainwashed by propaganda. Russian military is by no means on a luxury cruise, being heavily outnumbered and all that, on top of not being able to use its full potential due to civilians being used as a shield by the Ukrainian military (not all of it, true, but there were enough precedents I have personally witnessed).
    So please stop this propaganda nonsense. It is not helping anyone. You actually make a fool out of yourself repeating it.
    You surely can source this claim. Other than "personally witnessed". I have a hunch if you were in sights of ukrainian army, you wouldn't be telling the story here. Unless you are ukrainian. Then you would be able to prove it even easier, to the entire world.

But the irony of calling out others with propaganda...

Oh also, I recall you posting some picture from Kyiv...So why are you not defending your own country? More so, why are you making wild claims about your own country's army? Treasonous?

If they actually start to go all out, we will go back to the dark ages. I mean literally. They control all power around the capital, they can destroy all power stations at a click of fingers. Yet, power is being supplied, gas terminals undamaged, petrol is still being delivered.
    Fucking lol. Russians have this one magical button to end Ukraine, but they don't, for reasons. While their army is being obliterated, while their economy is tanking. While sanctions are making sure Russia looks like USSR with shortage of basic home supplies. While Putin himself according to finnish newspapers quoting The Times, is sending direct threats about "kicking their asses" as reply via middleman who delivered Zelenskyi's peace treaty conditions. While Russia is literally targeting civilians, but somehow same time isn't due "meat shields", civilians used to cover ukrainian military.. While Russia is banning all free media, various social media websites to ensure only Kremlin version of events gets through.

But no, Russia is generous to not end Ukraine with their miraculous supreme control over everything.
    Last edited by Saradain; 2022-03-28 at 11:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saradain View Post
    You surely can source this claim. Other than "personally witnessed". I have a hunch if you were in sights of ukrainian army, you wouldn't be telling the story here. Unless you are ukrainian. Then you would be able to prove it even easier, to the entire world.

But the irony of calling out others with propaganda...

Oh also, I recall you posting some picture from Kyiv...So why are you not defending your own country? More so, why are you making wild claims about your own country's army? Treasonous?
    You always notice how there's a huge lack of actual concrete information on all of these "claims" that these people have? If it were actually true, they'd actually be providing as much info about it as they could to justify the shit they're doing. But instead? "Trust me."

Quote Originally Posted by masterhorus8 View Post
    You always notice how there's a huge lack of actual concrete information on all of these "claims" that these people have? If it were actually true, they'd actually be providing as much info about it as they could to justify the shit they're doing. But instead? "Trust me."
    One propaganda poster gets banned, others join the fray after hiatus to fill in the gap. No rest for the righteous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Gais! TheRe's a VaST ResERVE of RePLaCeMenT VEhicles!

Imagine being the poor bastard who has to go to war in a midsize sedan.
    Whadya mean I was down graded? They promised my advantage miles would carryover!
    Probably a lot more comfortable than the back of one of those covered truck beds.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

This is how bad the differential price is for Russian crude.

WTI crude - 103.88
    Brent crude - 109.35
    Eastern Siberian Pacific Pipeline Crude Oil (ESPO) - 86.45

- it was not a maintenance issue. It was a combat loss.

The tires are very clearly jacked. The author (an expert in military preventative maintanence) says its the result of a lack of preventative maintenence. It makes sense. Russian military spending is limited; corruption and embezzlement is rampant (why you shouldn't count Russia having anything that isn't already on the field), and there is no independed NCO core that lives and breathes preventative maintenence, coup proofing the military prevents it.

And if that gazillion dollar high tech murder machine wasn't given even the most perfunctory of preventative maintence routines...why would they have done it to their standard APCs and military trucks?

That we're getting pictures of Russians using civilian vehicles is not a good sign for their logistical capability in the present or near future.

Also, are you the poster that claimed he was in Kyiv and seemed sympathetic to the people then shelling and bombing said city?