Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    "We lost players" - Max
    "We were mentally drained" - Max

I look forward to seeing Max's excuse when the guild ends up with world 5th

"Guys we only care about world first! if we dont get world first then it doesn't matter! we stopped trying after Echo got world first....."
    Twitch: Max's stream deck is broken.

Not a good look. Is he going to blame having to travel home now too for not having his shit together when he said they'd be ready on Monday?

Dayum, just waking up and noticed Liquid didn't even make it to P4 once or make any progress according to Warcraft Logs.

Must be going for the World 1st Jailer 400 pull award.

In other news, FSY killed Rygelon and have joined the 10/11 Club. Now makes the top 10 all officially 10/11 and working on the Jailer except Echo.

Interestingly the top 10 is made up of - 4 EU Guilds, 2 NA Guilds and 4 Asian guilds (Not 100% sure which region specifically)

For the top teams (echo and limit) only #1 matters. Once the opposite team wins, the race is over. No matter what team wins, the other teams motivation is dropping so hard that there is no way keeping all necessary parameters up to play on rwf niveau.

I hope Method get it today. I was watching them last night and they're still hungry and still in high spirits. Getting world 2nd would be very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    For the top teams (echo and limit) only #1 matters. Once the opposite team wins, the race is over. No matter what team wins, the other teams motivation is dropping so hard that there is no way keeping all necessary parameters up to play on rwf niveau.
    Motivation dropping is one thing, but getting absolutely bodied on the final boss is not what many (any?) of us expected. I get that there were exceptional circumstances in this race what with the length it went on for, but regardless, I don't think anyone expected to see the gap increase to this. Pretty much ever since the Anduin kill it all began to feel shaky for Liquid. While they obviously want first, we can't ignore that from business POV it's still very important they kill The Jailer quickly now, otherwise it becomes difficult to muster much hype around the team and then rip $$$

Personally, I really thought Liquid was going to win it this time. The lead they got early on, coupled with killing Halondrus and Anduin relatively rapidly, made this seem even more likely. But the Jailer pulls have honestly been a shambles, and I guess Max has to take responsibility for that. Sitting at over 380 pulls, now able to copy Echo strat for P4 completely, and they are still not performing. Unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by L3fty View Post
    Personally, I really thought Liquid was going to win it this time. The lead they got early on, coupled with killing Halondrus and Anduin relatively rapidly, made this seem even more likely. But the Jailer pulls have honestly been a shambles, and I guess Max has to take responsibility for that. Sitting at over 380 pulls, now able to copy Echo strat for P4 completely, and they are still not performing. Unexpected.
    Its not only Jailer. They got outplayed on LoD and Rygelon aswell. Max was conviced that they are only killable with nerfs, guess what. Echo killed them without nerfs and also managed to 4 heal Rygelon.

According to max was this the moment they fell apart as they have massive problems with playing from behind.

After having watched some of the Limit pulls today i honestly think Method might actually take 2nd if their schedule allows it.

Limit's problems doesn't seem to be gear and i don't see that small amount of extra gear for the main team they get in the reclear make the difference. They just seem all over the place tactics wise and not being able to execute it.

Its the Race to world First, not Race to fill the first 2 spots. Even if Liquid doesnt bother killing it, its unrealistic to think anyone but Echo or liquid will be the top 2 contenders next tier too.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Its the Race to world First, not Race to fill the first 2 spots. Even if Liquid doesnt bother killing it, its unrealistic to think anyone but Echo or liquid will be the top 2 contenders next tier too.
    I mean thats no guarantee at all. Guilds have came and went in expansion breaks. Guilds split up. Players joined and left/quit etc....

Its way to soon to speculate about a tier thats a year away.
    Last edited by Firefox72; 2022-03-29 at 08:46 AM.

Wait, Liquid were streaming last night? And made no progress? How long ago did they stop?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Wait, Liquid were streaming last night? And made no progress? How long ago did they stop?
    They raided for about 7 hours.

Stoped about 4 hours ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefox72 View Post
    They raided for about 7 hours.

Stoped about 4 hours ago.
    I'm surprised they made no progress. When I saw their percentage this morning I assumed they hadn't bothered. Damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Xath View Post
    Sorry those other top 100 don't have higher skilled players. Sorry if you are in the rank 99 video guild and super proud of your 95 best on farm. They are killing bosses that are tuned for at least half a tier higher than their current ilvl if not a full tier. They were going into jailer with most of the raid around 273. Jailer drops 285 gear. The thing that makes WF level players way better is they can do that farm output during progression without knowing a fight in advance via a video.
    But they do... A lot of them actually... And what does it matter what gear the jailer drops? can't really farm his gear...to...kill him????
    If you don't know the fight or how to execute it without a video after doing HUNDREDS of pulls? you suck, plain and simple...

You grossly overestimate the skill of the top 5 guilds... There's very little difference between top 5 and top 50... And some people are FAR better then the top 5... That's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    They kept wiping around 30-40% and made no progress. Very sloppy plays.

Would be hilarious, if echo manages to get world 2nd like they did with jaina. Like I said before, max and his crew simply dont have what it takes. Weak, non professional attitude with weak ass excuses. They only get motivated when they lead and dont bother to end the race professionally, although they get paid for it. Let's see how happy liquids management will be to have signed such a team.
    I hope Method will be echos main competitor next expansion. But liquids 16 hours head start will give them always an advantage, at least until the real bosses start.

I think the sad reality most people fail to notice, is that we just don't have exceptional teams at all in the whole top 5.

Back in WotLK when 10million more humans were subscribed: the whole top 5 were head to head.

Quote Originally Posted by Millyraynge View Post
    That's cool and all but if they end up killing it next week as top 6 or similar? The guild will struggle going forward and wouldn't surprise me if they crumble and quit all together with some leaving max and starting a new guild. Just wait for it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I think the sad reality most people fail to notice, is that we just don't have exceptional teams at all in the whole top 5.

Back in WotLK when 10million more humans were subscribed: the whole top 5 were head to head.
    Did you not play wotlk or just forgot how it was? Limited attempts, no 1000 split runs, no millions of gold, no endless loot trading etc etc.
    Back then people were on pretty much equal footing and time invested was the biggest difference... Now? you cant compete unless you're sponsored and everyone cant be sponsored and expected to be first...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ghuntastic View Post
    Would be hilarious, if echo manages to get world 2nd like they did with jaina.
    They will 100% do it again but the hilarious part is liquid not being able to kill it with a whole reset more worth of loot.
    Im biased as I want liquid to crumble and collapse but right now? Looks pretty plausible that will happen unless they man up and kill it 2nd...

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    Did you not play wotlk or just forgot how it was? Limited attempts, no 1000 split runs, no millions of gold, no endless loot trading etc etc.
    Back then people were on pretty much equal footing and time invested was the biggest difference... Now? you cant compete unless you're sponsored and everyone cant be sponsored and expected to be first...
    Not sure that's correct, because I do remember the concept of splits being very old and I know they were buying TCG games to get gold to buy BOEs and generally there was a lot of contamination of skill.

But what is certainly less now is the sheer amount of players actually trying; back then we're literally talking about 10X more people; whatever you see now as top 3 was a top 20!

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post

The top 5-10 might have been closer but realistically there was always just 2 at max 3 guilds that were realistically in contention for the WF.

If it comes to an Echo vs Method showdown, I'd have to give it to Echo as the guilds currently stand. Scripe as raid leader is on another level, and Echo members have many world firsts already. But for Sco to have put together a team that's already in the top 5 is really good going. Biff seems unflappable as RL and the team has good camaraderie. I'm rooting for them.