Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    We honestly should. However, at least Lor'Themar and Baine actually rebelled at some point. That is MUCH more than the other horde leaders or the vast majority of the people did, so yeah.
    If somebody would get another chance its those two, but not the rest of the people.

On topic: I didn't know it was possible to feel disgusted by a video game.
    Again, not like they had much choice. Otherwise Sylvanas could've sent assassins after them just like how she sent ones to Saurfang to kill. That's what a dictator would do. Heck she even sent Baine to a prison below Orgrimmar to be made as an example if any of them try to defy her...

And this is the same Sylvanas who abducted a Death Knight for not obeying her orders and tortured him in hopes of re-educating him to serve her.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Thread for all the 'stay awhile and listens' and whatnot post Sylvanas's judgement.

So are we just ignoring that the covenants can go into the maw, and that they could save people probably just as fast with or without Sylvanas? Are the covenants not going there and are we making everyone tortured in the maw wait on Sylvanas alone? This feels very unclear on an important area blizz, goddang.[/IMG]
    so you think that instead of Sylvanas being forced to find souls she condemned to the Maw as penance for her actions that the covenants should do it for her? right...

Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    so you think that instead of Sylvanas being forced to find souls she condemned to the Maw as penance for her actions that the covenants should do it for her? right...
    I think the Covenants should clean the maw alongside Sylv, and that when Sylv is done she should spend a few million years in the roughest penance options that Revendreth has.
    Twas brillig

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I think the Covenants should clean the maw alongside Sylv, and that when Sylv is done she should spend a few million years in the roughest penance options that Revendreth has.
    but why though? it was her actions that led to the souls going there, not the covenants. it's her responsibility, not theirs

Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Lor'themar should have replied with "Mayhap this war would have been avoided if you didn't go rabid when the legion invaded."
    "I am so desperate for this to not be the waifu's fault."

Best part? Greymane's attack is canonically not even part of the official reasoning Sylvie gave Saurfang for starting the war.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really think killing Sylvanas would be a "better" end, to be fair, this is good enough, the detail is the after, hopefully, by the time she comes back, be it in 3 expansions, in WoW 34 or other, her sins are not marked as "payed" off, in the end, it should be as Tyrande points out, this to be nothing more but the "start of her penance"

but why though? it was her actions that led to the souls going there, not the covenants. it's her responsibility, not theirs
    Because that will take longer to free all of the souls wrongfully sent there. Which means we just have souls sitting in hell essentially instead of their just afterlife. It spits on them.

It makes more sense to get that part over with as quickly as possible with the help of the covenants, and for Sylvanas to be sent to Revendreth afterwards. It is their job to help souls become redeemable.

Because the souls in the Maw deserve to be rescued as quickly as possible, regardless of whose fault it is.
    Twas brillig

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    I mean is he? Continuing to be hardline about Sylvanas sure but then he's immediately whimpering about Anduin. How the humans are this enamored with Anduin I have no idea.
    Alliance players love the idea of never being wrong, so writers entertain this feeling with characters such as Andy. Fan service, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Theron officially calling himself "King" would basically be a declaration of war to all the Alliance Thalassians, led by Alleria and Vereesa Windrunner. It would start a civil war. It would be ultimate confirmation that Theron is power-hungry, because he was never given the right to become King. He has no blood right to the throne and Kael'Thas decreed that Anasterian would be the last monarch. So this would be a clear power-grabbing move and would be opposed fiercely by the Alliance Thalassians.
    Lor'themar has been ruler of Silvermoon for over 8 years. I don't think the leadership of Quel'thelas is in dispute anymore. The Silver Covenant are at this point are an expatriate community that resides in Alliance territory.

- - - Updated - - -

Good lord, how did this one slip past their writers? Or did they just not care?
    Post modernist writers do not believe in values, morality, or evil. They believe in moral relativism and "let bygones be bygones!".

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Post modernist writers do not believe in values, morality, or evil. They believe in moral relativism and "let bygones be bygones!".
    I mean, I believe in moral relativism but this isn't that, it's just gutless.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Blizzard can fuck off. They took away the last good character the Horde had and that is how they send us away? No sir that is not how we do it. Sylvanas deserves to be among the Horde again. That do you owe us Blizzard.
    No. Sylvanas deserves to stay in the Maw and never come out. She's been heavily featured in the last three expansions, to the point where she's managed to be in EVERY SINGLE ONE of their launch cinematics, and I am sick and tired of her and her terribly written story being foisted upon myself and everybody else, and I'd hazard a guess that I'm not the only one. You've still got Baine, suck it up!

Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    No. Sylvanas deserves to stay in the Maw and never come out. She's been heavily featured in the last three expansions, to the point where she's managed to be in EVERY SINGLE ONE of their launch cinematics, and I am sick and tired of her and her terribly written story being foisted upon myself and everybody else, and I'd hazard a guess that I'm not the only one. You've still got Baine, suck it up!
    Okay but most of us don't fucking want Baine.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by lazypeon100 View Post
    Because that will take longer to free all of the souls wrongfully sent there. Which means we just have souls sitting in hell essentially instead of their just afterlife. It spits on them.

It makes more sense to get that part over with as quickly as possible with the help of the covenants, and for Sylvanas to be sent to Revendreth afterwards. It is their job to help souls become redeemable.
    No, it makes sense for Sylvana's soul to be destroyed in the exact same manner as Arthas' soul was. She was no better than him, and arguably worse... yet she still managed to hog the spotlight in the cinematic where Arthas' soul fades, cause she's Danuser's little pet. I hate that there's a possibility that she could return, she's gotten more screen time than any other character in the whole WoW franchise... I used to like Sylvanas, until they made her into what she is now. Now she's just awful, the only good thing about her is that the lady who does her voice does do an incredible job, I'll give her that. Otherwise, I hope she never gets out of the Maw. Ever.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Lor'themar should have replied with "Mayhap this war would have been avoided if you didn't go rabid when the legion invaded."
    This. It's astonishing how they ALWAYS sweep all of the Ally $&%# under the rug when the time comes to wave the usual admonitory finger towards Horde players.

Because the souls in the Maw deserve to be rescued as quickly as possible, regardless of whose fault it is.
    I doubt any of the covenants agents would want to subject themselves to the torments of Torghast just so they have a shot at finding and saving some worthy souls.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    This. It's astonishing how they ALWAYS sweep all of the Ally $&%# under the rug when the time comes to wave the usual admonitory finger towards Horde players.
    I mean... because Blizz twists the narrative into a pretzel to justify them.

In this case... Genn was 100% correct to attack Sylvanas while she was doing shady stuff with the Stormheim val'kyr because if he hadn't Sylvanas would've empowered the Jailor with more vrykul souls and we might've had all reality rewritten :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    I doubt any of the covenants agents would want to subject themselves to the torments of Torghast just so they have a shot at finding and saving some worthy souls.
    I mean... don't they already by having guys go with the player?
    Twas brillig

As a fan of Genn myself, I don't like how he was painted as objectively good in that scenario. I want him to be a very morally grey character.

At the same time I wasn't a huge fan of the alternative proposed before, which is that Genn is a Grima Wormtongue expy trying to make Anduin into a warmonger, I also think Stormheim in general was one of those "too little, too late" moments that didn't measure up to anything meaningful in the grand scheme of the story. It just happened and it was cool at the time, but now it's just meh in hindsight because nothing Worgen do have any impact on the story.

Genn is portrayed well here and so shady. Love it.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by zknm7 View Post
    No, it makes sense for Sylvana's soul to be destroyed in the exact same manner as Arthas' soul was. She was no better than him, and arguably worse... yet she still managed to hog the spotlight in the cinematic where Arthas' soul fades, cause she's Danuser's little pet. I hate that there's a possibility that she could return, she's gotten more screen time than any other character in the whole WoW franchise... I used to like Sylvanas, until they made her into what she is now. Now she's just awful, the only good thing about her is that the lady who does her voice does do an incredible job, I'll give her that. Otherwise, I hope she never gets out of the Maw. Ever.
    Weren't there other genocidal world destroying maniacs who did get sent to Revendreth though? I wouldn't be opposed to her soul being destroyed because who actually likes Sylvanas at this point? If other monsters get a chance at revendreth, I don't see why not her too. I think it was honestly a mistake they had Arthas' soul destroyed. Though I'm thankful they didn't try to ruin his story at least.