Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    That's just blatantly wrong, Eye of Azshara was never officially trademark by Blizzard. And the second half of what you said is literally what the above poster said.
    It was literally filed with the Overwatch trademarks.

They literally did a bit on the name at Legion Gamescom

And I don't bother reading every single post in this horrendous fucking thread, so sorry I repeated something somebody else said.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Honestly, do we even want a real leak? At this point, let's just ride the HYPE train and wait until the 19th. It's only 20 days away.
    I have said it many times in the past, and I will say it again: the dryer the leak season, the better the Blizzcon expansion reveal

Quote Originally Posted by Shadochi View Post
    Wait, you mean like an actual leak, or someone just lucky guessing? Because otherwise i dont see how the person wouldnt kn0ow
    That's the part that's up for debate!

1+ Year Old Account
    Who knows? Either way, I'm super excited to find out. I'm even happier that I will be off of work for 10 days during the reveal.

Who knows? Either way, I'm super excited to find out. I'm even happier that I will be off of work for 10 days during the reveal.
    But isn't that like the busiest possible time for you guys?

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    so im convinced Xal is either
    1. void lord
    or
    2. Old god because theres one more according to small hints in chronicles

either way she has a connection to the thing under the sunwell and that would give her power to make a void flight
    Honestly I had this idea for the Old Gods that isn't actually a retcon but more a reinterpretation. We know that the Old Gods are literally parts of the Void Lords. So what if the Void Lords ARE Y'shaarj, C'thun, N'zoth and Yogg'saron (plus some others)? The Old Gods are just parts of the bigger whole and you could have N'zoth show up on another planet. Maybe the Old God who corrupted Sethe WAS C'thun, just a different part of him.

I think making such a change would let them elevate the Old Gods as a threat after overexposing them. You can eventually introduce the Void Lords and keep the Old Gods, their personalities, shapes and everything intact because what we saw was just a small part of the whole.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    But isn't that like the busiest possible time for you guys?
    Before the announcement of the announcement for the expansion reveal, I was worried that Blizzard would just drop the expansion announcement without much notice (similarly to how 9.2 got revealed/announced). When I found out that it wouldn't come until April 19th, I was like "Wait, don't I have Spring Break that week?" Now, I can enjoy the HYPE train before the announcement, day of announcement, and the days after the announcement. Pumped! I'm a teacher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Before the announcement of the announcement for the expansion reveal, I was worried that Blizzard would just drop the expansion announcement without much notice (similarly to how 9.2 got revealed/announced). When I found out that it wouldn't come until April 19th, I was like "Wait, don't I have Spring Break that week?" Now, I can enjoy the HYPE train before the announcement, day of announcement, and the days after the announcement. Pumped! I'm a teacher.
    Spring Break in April? Nice! Mine was always mid-March.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly I had this idea for the Old Gods that isn't actually a retcon but more a reinterpretation. We know that the Old Gods are literally parts of the Void Lords. So what if the Void Lords ARE Y'shaarj, C'thun, N'zoth and Yogg'saron (plus some others)? The Old Gods are just parts of the bigger whole and you could have N'zoth show up on another planet. Maybe the Old God who corrupted Sethe WAS C'thun, just a different part of him.

I think making such a change would let them elevate the Old Gods as a threat after overexposing them. You can eventually introduce the Void Lords and keep the Old Gods, their personalities, shapes and everything intact because what we saw was just a small part of the whole.
    so Xal was torn to pieces by her brothers and then trapped in that dagger

she could have been torn apart by the other void lords and her body became old gods themselves
    OR
    she was an old god that got torn apart by the others

in chronicles when it is talking about the old gods each one has its design around the borders but there is 1 extra design

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    Spring Break in April? Nice! Mine was always mid-March.
    Well, Easter is on the 17th of April, so I get Good Friday and the week after off (week of announcement). Couldn't have been timed better

I was playing into the joke of you being a Blizzard infiltrator.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    so Xal was torn to pieces by her brothers and then trapped in that dagger

she could have been torn apart by the other void lords and her body became old gods themselves
    OR
    she was an old god that got torn apart by the others

in chronicles when it is talking about the old gods each one has its design around the borders but there is 1 extra design
    I always felt the implication was that Xal was the sixth Old God who got killed. As for a design, I think it'd be cool to tie her to something different; she is the only female presenting old god around. One cool concept would be something with feathers. I was thinking of something like Miata's awakened form from Claymore if you know the reference (or maybe a Chichimec from D&D). Would also give her a tie to the many feathered ancients who all somehow seem to be corrupt; we have Hakkar, we have Quetz'lun which seems fairly different to the rest, we have Sethe, we have the idea that winged serpents are favored by the Twilight Cultists. What if it has to do with Xal?

I'm curious, will there be any discord voice chat party during the reveal stream?

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tusks r cool View Post
    I'm curious, will there be any discord voice chat party during the reveal stream?
    I imagine once Blizzard gives the official details for the reveal: Where to watch it, what it will be (video/stream/panel), what time it will happen, etc. Once this happens, A LOT of content creators, forums users, social media posts, and more will be having get togethers and whatnot to discuss the announcement/be there live.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    "What would you give for an upscaled world revamp?"

Me, an "intellectual":

Consumerism confirmed as the 7th force?

- - - Updated - - -

I always felt the implication was that Xal was the sixth Old God who got killed. As for a design, I think it'd be cool to tie her to something different; she is the only female presenting old god around. One cool concept would be something with feathers. I was thinking of something like Miata's awakened form from Claymore if you know the reference (or maybe a Chichimec from D&D). Would also give her a tie to the many feathered ancients who all somehow seem to be corrupt; we have Hakkar, we have Quetz'lun which seems fairly different to the rest, we have Sethe, we have the idea that winged serpents are favored by the Twilight Cultists. What if it has to do with Xal?
    One of the inconspicuous designs in the Chronicle illustrations is a creeping vine. Add feathers and you have yourself a connection to the Wild Gods and perversion of flora.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't think old gods necessarily have genders so to say.

But am I missing something or how would Xal be a sixth old god, Ghuun wasnt one
    #1 Hype-Thread Shitposter - Overlord of the Hypethread

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Xal'atath was the fifth Old God. And while this makes a lot of sense, as of right now, it's just a theory.

But it makes sense, for a simple reason. We already know that the Old Gods were warring against each others in the Ancient Azeroth, all vying for supremacy. I suspect that each Old God wanted to be "THE ONE" to corrupt Azeroth and get all the praise from the Void Lords. Old Gods do not share powers, not even amongst themselves. We know from Dungeon journal in Cataclysm that the armies of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron clashed with the armies of N'Zoth. We also know from Xal'atath herself that the armies of N'Zoth and Y'Shaarj clashed at the Broken Shore. We also know, from Xal'atath once again (curious how much this entity knows about the Old Gods...), that N'Zoth could be the "ultimate victor". The "ultimate victor" of what? The "ultimate victor" of the race to corrupt the World Soul. All Old Gods were basically enemies and competing to be the first to consume the World Soul.

But what happens if an Old God lost the war with their brethren, why don't we ask ourselves this, before even asking us what Xal'atath is?

If, for example, N'Zoth had lost the war against Y'Shaarj, what would have happened to N'Zoth? Would he have been devoured by Y'Shaarj, so that the latter could grow even more powerful?

Therein is the answer. Xal'atath, one of the Old Gods sent to corrupt Azeroth, warred against her brothers, lost the war, and was devoured. But, since the Old Gods transcend the cycle of life and death (Canonically stated), a piece of Xal'atath survived and was bound to the Blade of the Black Empire.

This is genius writing. This is superb writing. You look at this writing and you think "This is so satisfying, it all ties back, it is all connected, perfect", lorewise I am very excited for 10.0 actually. Though it might also be because Shadowlands has been utter garbage, so there's even more desperation and desire to have good lore for once.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-03-30 at 09:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLostCodex View Post
    The most comical thing about all these 'leaks' are the EXCRUCIATING detail they all give on the story ahead when absolutely NO real Leak has ever given that much info before 'vague story beats, a name and some general themes'.
    Pretty much my thoughts too. Most of the leaks this year have been more or less the following:

- Level cap raised to 70 (obvious but need to mention it to make the leak look like it has more relevant info than it actually does)
    - Mentions Dragon Isles or Old World Revamp
    - Vague Dragon-inspired class. Others mention Tinkers to trigger everyone
    - New raids and dungeons (also obvious but need to mention it due to the reasons outlined above)
    - New system that is described as "like Covenants but better" or some bs like that
    - 4 paragraphs about lore lmao

Ah, the Eldrazi route. It'd be fairly simple to do, allow investment to slip over and fit how the Void's presented up to now. Ny'alotha is an imagined world and the will of the Old God makes it manifest, its minions are its spawn who have an independent existence but are also tied to it. It also skips the Bald Man problem of having some boring asshole be behind things all along.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by tomek View Post
    well, wxd "wow ex dev" guy leaked legion months before blizzcon, he wroted whole intro cinematic and stuff about dh and overall theme which were just 1 to 1 confirmed later on blizzcon. He leaked it on mmo-c and twitter, but ppl have short memory

I cannot find his account anymore maybe its deleted but posts should be easy to find.
    Yeah, I remember that.

But he didn't go into explicit detail about Suramar storyline, Xavius/Ysera theme, Sylvanas in Stormheim, Tomb of Sargeras plotline or us going to Argus.

My point is that he gave details, sure, but the details we see in every thread are so in-detail that right away, that is a HUGE giveaway that the leak is fake.

WoD leak was: "name of expax", Garrosh goes back in time, uncorrupted Orcs, Warlords are the names of the famous Orcs, Draenei are part of the story"