Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    MoP was exactly that though. The fact that it also contained darker themes not directly pointed out in its initial reveal doesn't change that it was centered around being "light-hearted" and focusing more on mystery. Initial reception is contextual. Currently the playerbase has a favorable view of MoP, so introducing something as like-MoP isn't going to be a strike against a new expansion.
    That doesn't change how MoP might have been more approachable, but it was hardly lighter in theme. The first zone literally starts with warcrimes and unleashing an ancient unspeakable evil.

It can definitely be lighter than what we have, but the idea that we get an expansion whose mission statement is being goofy pirate funtimes doesn't really seem like the kind of thing Blizzard would bank on.
    Forget expansions, we don't even have any patches that are this light in tone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Doubt that there will be another pirate themed expansion after BfA- for some time I guess. Whoever made that logo, it's amazing!
    BfA took so many of the things I wanted and threw them into the first that I am honestly not sure you could even have a fully fleshed out ocean exploration theme anymore unless you reuse stuff from that expansion.

We already got Kul Tiras and Zandalar, and we got Nazjatar reconceptualized as this horribly boring dry land zone instead of a proper underwater zone with giant threats.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    And that was the 1st class redesign and has not been redesigned since. It most likely won't be redesigned again.

To believe a leak claiming that Outlaw will get redesigned again -- twice -- so close to it's first redesign is kind of silly.

But, it could very well be the case here. I could be eating my words in a couple of weeks.

EDIT: was this your personally made leak?
    The first redesign was when they gave Meta to Warlocks. The second was when they gave them the Demon Hunting glyph. The third happened when they took both away.

They can redesign shit as much as they want to.

They redesigned Shadow Priest tons of times.

They redesigned Survival several times.

They redesign every spec in every expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Pirate ships? Pirate raids? Island funtimes?
    Sign me up!

Might be among the most blatantly fake leaks out there, but goddamit, I want to believe!
    It's funny how many positive reactions the post got, for something so simple. So it will probably never happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fiercelord View Post
    Doubt that there will be another pirate themed expansion after BfA- for some time I guess. Whoever made that logo, it's amazing!
    BFA was barely about pirates. It had one dungeon and one chapter of the campaign.

MoP was exactly that though. The fact that it also contained darker themes not directly pointed out in its initial reveal doesn't change that it was centered around being "light-hearted" and focusing more on mystery. Initial reception is contextual. Currently the playerbase has a favorable view of MoP, so introducing something as like-MoP isn't going to be a strike against a new expansion.
    The very first event leading up to the expansion involves a town being nuked, and shortly thereafter a land that was in relative peace for thousands of years suddenly becomes a new front for a war with alliance literally gunning down drowning horde troops. And this is all before the non-sense Garrosh eventually did later on.

Metzen even said in the expansion reveal when the screenshots of Pandaria were being scrolled through that "what you see now is the calm before the storm," implying the havoc that was about to be wrought.

1+ Year Old Account
    One thing that bothers me with WoW expansions: content being wasted. Legion Class Halls were SO cool. Why did we just forget about them in BFA and SL? You’re telling me that Blizzard couldn’t add new stories, new quests, new anything to give us a reason to return?

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    Beware the eyes of green!
    Emerald Dream expansion here we go.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    One thing that bothers me with WoW expansions: content being wasted. Legion Class Halls were SO cool. Why did we just forget about them in BFA and SL? You’re telling me that Blizzard couldn’t add new stories, new quests, new anything to give us a reason to return?
    Big true.

Wish we could’ve at least known what happened to the Illidari canonically.
    Like did they pull a DK and rejoin their factions or are they flying around in the fel hammer killing demons?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

I miss the mage class hall so much

1+ Year Old Account
    Legion is still, as of now, my favorite expansion. It is the one expansion I played entirely from beginning to end, no breaks, played multiple classes, experienced so much content, and loved it through and through. Regardless of people's opinions on legendaries, Artifact Power, etc., I loved it. It's just sad that Blizzard tried to replicate Legion in both BFA 2.0 and SL 3.0 and simply couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Okay. So.

Dragons can choose their humanoid form, down to their gender.

If Wrathion changed his human form into a woman, could Anduin impregnate her?
    Asking the real questions!
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    There is evidence of a lot of customizations being made that aren't currently available. Could be a new race, could be customization for existing races or it could be a dev messing around.
    Oh sweet thanks. I'm gonna miss having you around here. Thank you for your years of service.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    The very first event leading up to the expansion involves a town being nuked, and shortly thereafter a land that was in relative peace for thousands of years suddenly becomes a new front for a war with alliance literally gunning down drowning horde troops. And this is all before the non-sense Garrosh eventually did later on.

Metzen even said in the expansion reveal when the screenshots of Pandaria were being scrolled through that "what you see now is the calm before the storm," implying the havoc that was about to be wrought.
    Again. I am not saying that the reality of MoP is being light-hearted. I'm pointing out that it was deliberately marketed as a step back from the overtly dangerous/dark/destructive elements of earlier expansions. The announcement trailer directly contrasts the "shadow and fire", and "death and destruction" of the first three expansions with picturesque forests and "mystery".

The cinematic shifts from serious combat into more light-hearted farce when Chen shows up, into again, a more positive looking, picturesque beauty.

It was marketed as light-hearted in contrast to Cataclysm and Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    I miss the mage class hall so much
    Shaman, Paladin, Druid, and Hunter had the best ones imo. Mage was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Shaman, Paladin, Druid, and Hunter had the best ones imo. Mage was pretty good too.
    Rogue, Priest, Paladin, Mage and Shaman were probably the best for me.

1+ Year Old Account
    Mark my words, the Scourge and Northrend WILL be involved in 10.0.

I sure hope they do some more QoL stuff like they did during covid. Like, double or triple, heck QUADRUPLE anima drops. It's such a chore to get all the cosmetics especially across multiple armor types.

Bruh...

The Titans suck.

Rogue, Priest, Paladin, Mage and Shaman were probably the best for me.
    Demon Hunters got their own space ship! That was a pretty good location for the class.

Why is everyone so hyped for the announcement anyways? More stuff to complain about for two whole years?

1+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Blizzard gave us just one 9.2.5 PTR build to tease around before the 10.0 announcement. Then, release more builds post announcement. Guess we’ll see. 2 days left in this week. Also, alternatively, they could release smaller builds between now and the 19th.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me at all if Xal'atath was the fifth Old God. And while this makes a lot of sense, as of right now, it's just a theory.

But it makes sense, for a simple reason. We already know that the Old Gods were warring against each others in the Ancient Azeroth, all vying for supremacy. I suspect that each Old God wanted to be "THE ONE" to corrupt Azeroth and get all the praise from the Void Lords. Old Gods do not share powers, not even amongst themselves. We know from Dungeon journal in Cataclysm that the armies of C'Thun and Yogg-Saron clashed with the armies of N'Zoth. We also know from Xal'atath herself that the armies of N'Zoth and Y'Shaarj clashed at the Broken Shore. We also know, from Xal'atath once again (curious how much this entity knows about the Old Gods...), that N'Zoth could be the "ultimate victor". The "ultimate victor" of what? The "ultimate victor" of the race to corrupt the World Soul. All Old Gods were basically enemies and competing to be the first to consume the World Soul.

But what happens if an Old God lost the war with their brethren, why don't we ask ourselves this, before even asking us what Xal'atath is?

If, for example, N'Zoth had lost the war against Y'Shaarj, what would have happened to N'Zoth? Would he have been devoured by Y'Shaarj, so that the latter could grow even more powerful?

Therein is the answer. Xal'atath, one of the Old Gods sent to corrupt Azeroth, warred against her brothers, lost the war, and was devoured. But, since the Old Gods transcend the cycle of life and death (Canonically stated), a piece of Xal'atath survived and was bound to the Blade of the Black Empire.

This is genius writing. This is superb writing. You look at this writing and you think "This is so satisfying, it all ties back, it is all connected, perfect", lorewise I am very excited for 10.0 actually. Though it might also be because Shadowlands has been utter garbage, so there's even more desperation and desire to have good lore for once.
    her being defeated by the united forces of the other Old Gods also places her power level above theirs and thus makes up for any lack of high powered followers in terms of her threat

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    Why is everyone so hyped for the announcement anyways? More stuff to complain about for two whole years?
    idc about shit writing
    i just want a playable WW spec and unless they completely wreck the current one and all 200 raiders from my guild quit im happy