Quote Originally Posted by GabrielKnight View Post
    Why is everyone so hyped for the announcement anyways? More stuff to complain about for two whole years?
    I actually enjoy playing wow, so more wow to play is neat news for me.

In regards to the Xal'atath talk a few pages back, I always figured she was an Old God of some sort given how she talked, particularly the line she says in the Halls of Valor:

"It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be."

While she does not say another name, she does most likely mean N'Zoth, but what was always curious was her usage of "us", putting herself alongside them.

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    We also have 1 OPEN portal in both Orgrimmar AND Stormwind portal rooms.
    That's not really all that indicative of anything, they can expand it as needed, like they did for Shadowlands.

One thing that bothers me with WoW expansions: content being wasted. Legion Class Halls were SO cool. Why did we just forget about them in BFA and SL? You’re telling me that Blizzard couldn’t add new stories, new quests, new anything to give us a reason to return?
    Eh, some were cool. I did love the mage class hall, to be sure. Warrior? Meh. Monk? Eh again. And so forth. Persona l taste, I realize, but I'm really glad I'm not stuck at most of them again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Why we didn't get Broken, Jinyu, Gilgoblins and such is beyond me as well... but again, there's hope for the future.

Vrykul would be an instant favourite I believe, I think it has been one of the most requested races ever, with HE, Ethereals and perhaps Arrakoa?
    I really want ogres and broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    MoP was exactly that though. The fact that it also contained darker themes not directly pointed out in its initial reveal doesn't change that it was centered around being "light-hearted" and focusing more on mystery. Initial reception is contextual. Currently the playerbase has a favorable view of MoP, so introducing something as like-MoP isn't going to be a strike against a new expansion.
    i liked MoP the only bad thing was the initial daily grind
    first patch wasnt awful but added almost nothing besides rares which was fun for a bit i think the bug raid opened too
    second patch was really fun because treasure room
    third was meh it helped with catch up
    final patch was just too long but flex was added and it confused the forums for weeks

- - - Updated - - -

ok so there is an interesting possibility of someone claiming the frozen throne

bolvar isnt returning and hes leaving it up to the ebon blade which lets be honest kinda sucks at their jobs
    the scourge isnt disappearing and we know that there are some on azeroth who would want to claim the power of the throne for themselves since that is now being kinda framed as the source for the lich king's power.

if the Scarlet Crusade knew about that or even remnants of the twilight cult then that could lead to big problems especially with the remains of what would turn into the biggest threat on the continent sitting in dragonblight. If the scralet takes it they use the scourge to purge all resistance while twilight could possibly use it to revive galakrond and chromatus.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    How is adding a new ability or removing an ability "redesigning" the spec
    Depends what ability we are talkin about. Here, taking away the metamorphosis from demo warlock totally changed the spec, from "being a demon" to "being a commander of demons". It plays totally different, hence the redesign.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I really want ogres and broken.
    I'm split on this. I'd love to have Ogres in for the story aspects & a simple feeling that they should be in the Horde, but when it comes down to whether I'd actually play one all that much I don't think I would. They would add a ton, especially if the Gorian Empire from AU Draenor was added with their arcane intelligence. Broken on the other hand is the exact opposite: I don't really know that they'd add much to the story & they'd likely get relegated to the background like most Worgen are, but I would love to play one as a Shaman. That just feels right to me.

so we have that EoA leak with a few points in their favor

1. khadgar returns
    2. heritage weapons
    3. sun form for balance druids
    4. reindeer mount

1. they have him in and show "oh hey hes here checking stuff out" which seems very random but might just be there to kinda let people see him again to remind us he exists
    2. kinda common sense it was going to happen but i dont think anyone else guessed it
    3. we are getting a lot of talk about the eternal sun and it makes sense for tauren druids
    4. its in the files

im going to sit here high on hopium for a while because while some things in that leak irk me (like the class not being based on wrathion and his agents) i do like the whole idea of "heres a new class with new powers and they have to integrate themselves into fighting with others" and im definitely saving the free boost for it UNLESS there is a heritage set for the class

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    sun form for balance druids
    where did you get this?

Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    where did you get this?
    the EoA leak mentions this as one of the customisation options

i personally see this as a point towards yes because we have multiple mentions about an eternal sun and taurens dont worship elune

Mark my words, the Scourge and Northrend WILL be involved in 10.0.
    Yea, the 'stay a while and listen' between Bolvar and Darion I accidentially stumbled upon yesterday made me think the same. Perhaps my hopes for Dragon Isles were a bit premature.

Mark my words, the Scourge and Northrend WILL be involved in 10.0.
    No, they won't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    logo is definitely fake, very amateur
    I mean, I made it lol. But I did it in like 15 minutes using AI and then slapped the Warcraft text on top. It was never meant to be convincing and it's kinda weird that someone would use it to make a fake leak on 4chan when I already used it here on the forums for my TA speculation thread. Shit makes no sense.

3+ Year Old Account
    so im convinced Xal is either
    1. void lord
    or
    2. Old god because theres one more according to small hints in chronicles

either way she has a connection to the thing under the sunwell and that would give her power to make a void flight
    My money is on Old God. Her line of "weakest among us" is very telling. And for once I wouldn't be mad at a retcon of the number of Old Gods. They are sneaky sons of bitches after all and Knaifu is especially good at that.

the EoA leak mentions this as one of the customisation options

i personally see this as a point towards yes because we have multiple mentions about an eternal sun and taurens dont worship elune
    Where does an eternal sun gets mentioned? Its the first time i hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    In regards to the Xal'atath talk a few pages back, I always figured she was an Old God of some sort given how she talked, particularly the line she says in the Halls of Valor:

"It is ironic that the weakest of us may be the ultimate victor. C'Thun, Yogg-Saron, Y'Shaarj, and... well. Only one would remain to consume the world, that was always meant to be."

While she does not say another name, she does most likely mean N'Zoth, but what was always curious was her usage of "us", putting herself alongside them.
    She definetly talks about n'zoth. She teases him in a few voicelines but only uses his name once or so.
    Also its very likely she's an old god. While her ingame rumored origin may be a reference to the old gods being retconned from five to four it's in their nature to wage war against each other until theres only one left.
    I still want her back. Bae Blade was my favorite thing about legion.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pictomancer View Post
    Jesus Christ this leak season is bad. I still think mine is the best one and I was only half serious with it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ExiHext View Post
    Yea, the 'stay a while and listen' between Bolvar and Darion I accidentally stumbled upon yesterday made me think the same. Perhaps my hopes for Dragon Isles were a bit premature.
    On one hand some Scourge action would fit the Tirisfall revamp and the change in leadership for the Forsaken. But one the other hand another undead expansion after we spent two years in the Shadowlands, sounds like a poor business decision. Unless it is all super edgy gothic shit like Drustvarr and Renvedreth. In that case, sign me the fuck up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I mean, I made it lol. But I did it in like 15 minutes using AI and then slapped the Warcraft text on top. It was never meant to be convincing and it's kinda weird that someone would use it to make a fake leak on 4chan when I already used it here on the forums for my TA speculation thread. Shit makes no sense.
    It's 4chan, what did you expect?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    It's 4chan, what did you expect?
    I guess so. The funniest part about that leak is that they would add a Pirate class at the cost of "reworking" Outlaw Rogues. Oof. Reminds me of how they "reworked" certain Warlock abilities when they added Demon Hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiivar86 View Post
    Eh, some were cool. I did love the mage class hall, to be sure. Warrior? Meh. Monk? Eh again. And so forth. Persona l taste, I realize, but I'm really glad I'm not stuck at most of them again.
    I think many are decent. I will absolutely agree with Warrior. I honestly felt that the Warrior campaign and hall should have been available to ALL players. (I'd have actually had KJ DESTROY Dalaran because the Legion barely felt like a threat, then we'd move to the Halls. It could be a secondary max level story to Suramar, involving the Legion collecting the remnants of the Pantheon's souls, could even have integrated legendaries and titanforging in it).
    I think Monk was pretty solid. It gave us back access to a very large area that should never have become inaccessible to begin with that has a lot of flavor. Sure it is entirely Pandaren but the class' flavor is entirely Pandaren and they never really managed to find a middle ground for that. THey could with class skins I suppose (I could see windwalker and brewmaster being the base for a blademaster skin or an anchorite skin for followers of the Light)
    I both loved and was disappointed by the Paladin one (why make it underground and then have an underground cathedral with massive windows???). Priest was imo nearly as bad as Warrior. The rest were mostly good (Rogue, Mage, Druid, DH, Shaman and Warlock were all perfect. DK was good but could have used a further revamp).

I know this invokes the worse parts of this thread . . .but do people here think class skins have any chance of being a feature they'd consider or even implement next xpac? I know people would love a new class but class skins would offer vastly more customization.

Also, one more throne is left Vacant with the 9.2.5. The FROZEN Throne. What if Calia does not claim the Throne of Lordaeron but rather claims the Frozen Throne under Sa'ara's guidance. The Light has made a deal with the enemy of all. Somehow the Light created undeath. Calia Menethil for Lich King. Undeath would actually be a solution to the Naaru lifecycle; what if it was possible for a Naaru to turn undead, merging Death into its lifecycle and thus avoiding the void state. Calia could then be the one to open the way for Yrel.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-03-31 at 07:55 AM.

so we have that EoA leak with a few points in their favor

1. khadgar returns
    2. heritage weapons
    3. sun form for balance druids
    4. reindeer mount

1. they have him in and show "oh hey hes here checking stuff out" which seems very random but might just be there to kinda let people see him again to remind us he exists
    2. kinda common sense it was going to happen but i dont think anyone else guessed it
    3. we are getting a lot of talk about the eternal sun and it makes sense for tauren druids
    4. its in the files

im going to sit here high on hopium for a while because while some things in that leak irk me (like the class not being based on wrathion and his agents) i do like the whole idea of "heres a new class with new powers and they have to integrate themselves into fighting with others" and im definitely saving the free boost for it UNLESS there is a heritage set for the class
    You mean the leak that said heritage weapons would be coming to vendors, when they are clearly not on vendors, said we would be getting a reindeer mount, when we are not getting a reindeer mount, but a sled mount, and there is clearly no customization for any of the races in 9.2.5?

Oh yeah, that is also the leak that for some reason decided Mag'har Orc Warlock would ever be a thing LMAO

It mentions all these things, yet it does not mention the continuation of Heritage Quests, which are CLOSELY linked to Heritage Weapons.

That leak is clearly fake.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I guess so. The funniest part about that leak is that they would add a Pirate class at the cost of "reworking" Outlaw Rogues. Oof. Reminds me of how they "reworked" certain Warlock abilities when they added Demon Hunters.
    Well if you ask me every rework in Legion was dogshit. Too many skills were removed so that they can re-add them with artifact weapons. Leveling was completely gutted with sometimes 8 levels of nothing new.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post

I know this invokes the worse parts of this thread . . .but do people here think class skins have any chance of being a feature they'd consider or even implement next xpac? I know people would love a new class but class skins would offer vastly more customization.
    Honestly I could see it happening and it would make quite a lot of sense. Basically an extension of race-specific druid forms. I think we already talked about how Ghostwolf only makes sense to orcs, so it should be replaced for others. This could lead to straight-up class skins. Blood Knight and Sunwalker for Paladins, Tidesage for Shamans. Dark Ranger for Hunters...yeah there could be a lot. Not sure where I would put Blademaster or Shadow Hunter, but they could also work.

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    It was, Council of Glades was around when we were speculating about 8.0, and then 9.0 speculation was also bringing up Lordaeron because of the mess BfA left.
    Council of Glades was during the speculation leading up to Legion.