Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    If class skins are 10.0 feature, Dark Ranger for Hunter and Necromancer for Warlock make perfect sense as pre-order bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by pacotaco View Post
    The same argument could be said about tinkers being any class with engineering.
    Or monks being bear-hand rogues.
    Or DH being rogues or warlocks.
    Or DK being a paladin skin.

If they want, they can make them suficiently different to be new class just addding new things or changing what we previously saw while maintaining the core concept.

- - - Updated - - -

They could perfectly make 3 specs:
    - The "HotS Sylvanas" spec: ranged
    - The "Nathanos" spec: melee, ¿maybe a permanent pet to reflect the concept of his dogs?
    - The "Banshee" spec: more CC oriented, ¿make it play alternating between melee and range?

Those are just examples made on the spot.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, if it would be me, I would make them primary stat Int, Tank/Healer/Range DPS.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, technically, with WoW running with the "Holy Trinity" paradigm, you only really need Tank Warrior, Holy Priest and Rogue/Hunter. Everything else is just extra.
    Isn't what I mean. I mean that with how many different range classes there are it is extremely hard to fit in a new way to deal damage from range that isn't canabilzing or cloning another spec.

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    Seems really convincing

what are your thoughts ?

NEVER EVER TRUST what those shills says in their video.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Isn't what I mean. I mean that with how many different range classes there are it is extremely hard to fit in a new way to deal damage from range that isn't canabilzing or cloning another spec.
    Ah, you mean that they can't add new gameplay niches?
    In the sense of: "spellcaster","spellcaster with pets", "spellcaster with dots", "physical range", "physical range with pets", etc? Well, maybe.
    The important thing is that it FEELS different, not that if truly is.
    If you look closely, some mechanics are very similar:
    - DK runes are like auto-regenerating combo points. Same as Monk chi.
    - Paladin holy power is like Warlock soul shards.
    - DH fury is like Warrior rage.
    etc

don't support these lazy clickbait youtubers

Quote Originally Posted by Feral Druid ist Op View Post
    every single spec in the game is able to clear mythic in a WR 200-300 range the balance is realy good, youre just mad cuz bad
    I mean, yeah, me and 90-95% of the player base. I'm a nearly 40 year old man at this point. My reaction time, hand-eye coordination, etc., isn't what it was when WoW launched. I need all the help I can get, and having to overcome Blizzard's balancing overreactions feels pretty bad. Also, I have a career, a family, and other interests. If I'm going to play I want to be able to jump on and do the things that are fun and then log off. Even if every spec CAN do something, look at the recent world first race to see which ones actually do in the public perception. That public perception filters down to the lowest levels of the game. So if the class/spec I've poured all of my time into is perceived as being underpowered, it's going to be more difficult and time consuming for be to find groups to participate in content.

He calls Dark Rangers a race. *facepalm*

The dude can't even see how they would be different from Hunters and Rogues, in terms of abilities, or that they could be more than just 2 elf races. All of which i have proven to be wrong:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Future-Classes

Well, that adds to my suspicion about some things in this expansion feel like prototypes/test for new classes:
    • A bunch of covenant abilities feel like tests for DR:
      • "Door of Shadows": general movement (like how double jump + glide is DH's).
      • "Sinful Brand", "Swarming Mist", "Ravenous Frenzy" for melee DR.
      • The "Skeleton Command" effect for "Fleshcraft" looks like a test for the DR effect of raising corpses of your enemies.
    • Rae'shalare's ability for ranged DR.
    • "Conqueror's Banner" could be a signature ability for Blademasters
    • "Soulshape" blink for Warden
    • "Mirrors of Torment" reminds me, in concept, how you would translate "Warden's Cage" ability from HotS Maiev to WoW
    • "Death Chakram" for Sentinel (mid range glaive DPS)
    • "Wild Spirits" for Priest of the Moon

BFA also had a bunch of these things that make me feel like they're testing new things to see what works or feels good before amalgamate into new classes.
    While you do make valid points and as much as I would like Dark Rangers to be a class or an allied race, it's more likely they're be a class skin or customization. And at this point I'll take it. Thank you for not being an asshole like the guy earlier twisting my words. He should be a News Anchor for Fox.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Hunter-specific questchain unlocking dark ranger class skin, lots of datamined maps and info that points in the direction of a scrapped dark ranger class that would've been a preorder SL bonus possibly being reshaped into this instead.

I mean I'd be for it.
    I'm inclined to agree with you on this. It was probably going to be a class at one time and Blizz decided against it.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

>Speculation
    >Proved

Pick one.
    If I don't respond to something you tagged me in, assume one of two things.
    1) Your post was too stupid to acknowledge, or
    2) Your post is cringe and not worth replying to.

Alternatively, if it happens a lot I probably have you blocked due to one of the above things. Thank you.

Dark ranger is, at most, a spec for Hunters. More likely a new transmog option. Making it a full class would be such a fucking waste.

Well, that adds to my suspicion about some things in this expansion feel like prototypes/test for new classes:
    • A bunch of covenant abilities feel like tests for DR:
      • "Door of Shadows": general movement (like how double jump + glide is DH's).
      • "Sinful Brand", "Swarming Mist", "Ravenous Frenzy" for melee DR.
      • The "Skeleton Command" effect for "Fleshcraft" looks like a test for the DR effect of raising corpses of your enemies.
    • Rae'shalare's ability for ranged DR.
    • "Conqueror's Banner" could be a signature ability for Blademasters
    • "Soulshape" blink for Warden
    • "Mirrors of Torment" reminds me, in concept, how you would translate "Warden's Cage" ability from HotS Maiev to WoW
    • "Death Chakram" for Sentinel (mid range glaive DPS)
    • "Wild Spirits" for Priest of the Moon

BFA also had a bunch of these things that make me feel like they're testing new things to see what works or feels good before amalgamate into new classes.
    *puts on tinfoil hat*

I think they fully planned a Dark Ranger concept as a class, and somewhere in development scrapped the idea.

The cutting room floor bits were split up amongst the Covenants. So in a way, yeah, they were 'testing' these for a Dark Ranger likely because they were all once Dark Ranger Class abilities at some point. I can even see this being the reason why the Legendary Bow drop has Dark Ranger abilities, since they would have done some work on new spell FX. They would be put to good use on the Legendaries.

This new questline opening up more customization options and formalizing Dark Ranger as a 'class skin' would probably be the closest thing we get to a true playable Dark Ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    He calls Dark Rangers a race. *facepalm*

The dude can't even see how they would be different from Hunters and Rogues, in terms of abilities, or that they could be more than just 2 elf races. All of which i have proven to be wrong:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...pecializations
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...Future-Classes
    Maybe he meant undead Night Elf/Blood Elf as a race.

If T&E said "jumping off a cliff" was going to be a new class, would you believe them?

Quote Originally Posted by Pictomancer View Post
    Maybe he meant undead Night Elf/Blood Elf as a race.
    There isn't such a race. They are all Dark Rangers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Dark ranger is, at most, a spec for Hunters. More likely a new transmog option. Making it a full class would be such a fucking waste.
    You are right about the spec stuff, but it doesn't need to be in an existing class but, rather, in a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    This new questline opening up more customization options and formalizing Dark Ranger as a 'class skin' would probably be the closest thing we get to a true playable Dark Ranger.
    You're so pessimistic.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-03-31 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    Seems really convincing

what are your thoughts ?

These shills have been trying to peddle this garbage for years......

You're so pessimistic.
    Pragmatism often gets confused for pessimism.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Pragmatism often gets confused for pessimism.
    Pragmatism also means they would eventually die out continuing this way.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Doesn't even make sense, why have add another bow and arrow class?

Just dump the survival spec and replace it with whatever the fuck dark ranger is.
    Because there is only one using bows/guns?

Making another bow user is the archetype that makes the most sense.

We have multiple melee users, sharing weapons, helle even sharing weapons with casters (though different stats obviously).

Multiple shield users, multiple staff and wand users.

Only 1 bow and arrow.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Pragmatism also means they would eventually die out continuing this way.
    Everything dies. Nothing is eternal, so yeah.

Does that bum you out knowing everything you know around you will eventually come to an end? It's just life, dude.

Don't live your life waiting on Dark Rangers.

Honestly, I have cooled to the Dark Ranger idea. While initially I felt it was covered by Hunter, if they elaborated on the class concept by merging things such as the Dark Wardens from BfA and the Night Warrior into one sort of merged class, it would provided alot of room to have an actual unique class and allow multiple races on both factions to use it. Kind of like how Hunter is composed of Ranger, Marksman and Beast Master concepts, etc.

That said, Tinkers objectively deserve to get in first.