Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    Had all of this been true and had the number of employees affected been as high as everyone pretended that it was, the settlement would have been higher.
    Again, this isn't remotely true.

Seriously, the eagerness to defend Blizzard and downplay the severity of what employees went through is wild.

the defenders are back. wtf.
    my advice for the defenders, go outside. touch grass. stay away from the internet for awhile.

bad stuff happened in Blizzard, stop defending the stupid gross choices that those idiots made. just hope that Blizzard will get better and those that hurt people get punished.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Nobody is a sex offender until they're convicted of being one. Anyone guilty will hopefully get their due. There's also no good or bad look in discussing this; if you always say what gives a "good look", then all you are doing is being an extension of someone else's perspectives.
    Toss this into the bad take pile along with "it's their fault for gaining employment in their chosen sector and not expecting abundant sexism and harassment!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post
    Toss this into the bad take pile along with "it's their fault for gaining employment in their chosen sector and not expecting abundant sexism and harassment!"
    What, you're not going to address the fact that an un-convicted sex offender is still a sex offender whether or not they've been prosecuted? That one was too easy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

I would have expected the settlement to be higher. How many victims are we talking ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What, you're not going to address the fact that an un-convicted sex offender is still a sex offender whether or not they've been prosecuted? That one was too easy?
    I mean I figured I'd let the contradiction of "the problem isn't as bad as people were claiming" and "it's X industry so of course the problem is going to be that bad" speak for itself, rofl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Again, this isn't remotely true.

Seriously, the eagerness to defend Blizzard and downplay the severity of what employees went through is wild.
    I'm not eager to defend anyone who did anything bad and especially if what they've done is something that falls within the domain of being a crime. What I want to see is individual cases and criminal liability for the serious claims that were made.

If I lived in the US, I personally(as a man) would never want to work in the gaming industry in the 2000s, 2010s or so, because how frantically unregulated it seemed to be, starting with the bonuses, the crunch and the uncertainty. Not to mention, there's a high chance to lose your job if there's multiple strata of management that are completely disconnected from the workers.

Whoever may suggest that I contradicted myself; yes, they should've expected sexist jokes in the gaming industry, one that hasn't reached the standards of other sectors(I'm hopeful that it will and very quickly so) and yes, I also don't think that it was s bad as some are making it out to be(sexist jokes, a guy waving a dildo and the alleged breast milk story aren't serious cases of sexual harassment to me, though they still are harassment to be exact and Blizzard was always going to handwave this away by giving some money to whoever wanted it as compensation). These two opinions aren't mutually exclusive. If women started getting a high level interest in the trucking, remote mining and lumbering industries, I'm sure they'd find out that truckers, remote miners and lumberjackers aren't using the most mindful of words when going about their business and making jokes from time to time. This doesn't mean I don't want that to improve.

What I want to see is whether there'll be individual responsibility for someone's suicide. There were also allegations of higher ups asking those working under them to have sex with them; this is the serious stuff, at least to me.

Quote Originally Posted by uuuhname View Post
    what I mean by "not a good look" is that in spite of how much you think you're being impartial here, you're not. its clear you're siding with the sex pest company by insisting that just because one of the numerous lawsuits going on against Blizzard ( on top of, you know, your other yikes takes in this thread) means this was all an attempt at extortion by the victims. IDK dude, maybe just stop talking and save yourself further embarrassment.
    I am impartial. It is a case of you and multiple other posters being unable to deal with someone breaking the situation down and talking about it as an observer that is trying to keep the emotional reaction second and observation first. The fact that I'm doing this doesn't mean that I'm "siding with sex pests"; I've stated numerous times that whoever harassed others should get their due and that anything that involved criminal behaviour should be handled in court. This settlement clearly addresses Blizzard and not the individuals involved, who are the ones that need to get their due.

You're reading too much into a fictional, hidden motivation of mine, which doesn't exist. My only motivation in this regard is for Blizzard to start making good games again and that can't happen as long as employees have to look over their shoulder, which is why my goal and yours are the same. What you didn't seem to notice at all is that I in fact want Blizzard to take even more responsibility, simply because they're using this as an excuse for why they can't get things done correctly in their product.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler Voltin View Post
    the defenders are back. wtf.
    my advice for the defenders, go outside. touch grass. stay away from the internet for awhile.

bad stuff happened in Blizzard, stop defending the stupid gross choices that those idiots made. just hope that Blizzard will get better and those that hurt people get punished.
    If I'm hopeful for the second part of your post, that anyone who hurt someone else would get their due, can I still be a "defender"?

We all know that bad stuff happened or that there were high indications of something bad having happened, otherwise a state wouldn't usually open a lawsuit. The problem is that we've now reached a point where every story that came out is automatically soaked up by blind believers, to the tune that Blizzard's failure to make good games is being scapegoated onto the accused individuals(ie "it is Afrasiabi's fault that WoW's story direction is garbage").
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2022-04-02 at 11:09 AM.

I'm not eager to defend anyone who did anything bad and especially if what they've done is something that falls within the domain of being a crime.
    Yet here you are. Your posts here belie the previous statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    Yet here you are. Your posts here belie the previous statement.
    If that's your conclusion, then we can only agree to disagree. I'm not going to try changing your or anyone else's mind any further.

If that's your conclusion, then we can only agree to disagree. I'm not going to try changing your or anyone else's mind any further.
    These are contradictory statements:
    I'm not eager to defend anyone who did anything bad and especially if what they've done is something that falls within the domain of being a crime.
    Nobody is a sex offender until they're convicted of being one.
    The second quote is you literally defending people who commit crimes. A sex offender is a sex offender, whether or not they've been convicted. A conviction doesn't change the past.

7+ Year Old Account
    People need to can it with this agree to disagree coward shit. If you are shown how you are wrong, and you are wrong, it ends there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...185713762.html
    California Gov. Gavin Newsom accused of meddling in sexual harassment lawsuit against 'Call of Duty' maker Activision
    California Gov. Gavin Newsom is being accused of interfering with an ongoing lawsuit brought by the state's Department of Fair Employment and Housing against blockbuster video game publisher Activision.

After the suit's two main lawyers for the state of California, Chief Counsel Janette Wipper and Assistant Chief Counsel Melanie Proctor, resigned from the case earlier this month, Bloomberg reported that both lawyers no longer work for the DFEH.

Wipper's representative told Bloomberg she was fired, and an email from Proctor to her staff said that Newsom was to blame for the mess.

"I hereby resign, effective April 13, 2022," Proctor's email said, "in protest of the interference and Janette's termination."

Newsom's office "repeatedly demanded advance notice of litigation strategy and of next steps," Proctor's email said, according to Bloomberg. As the case progressed, "this interference increased," the email reportedly said, "mimicking the interests of Activision's counsel."

The suit — filed in July 2021 in Los Angeles — comes after two years of investigation conducted by the DFEH. It accuses the "Call of Duty" maker of fostering a "pervasive frat boy" culture where women are paid less for the same jobs that men perform, regularly face sexual harassment, and are targeted for reporting issues.

In particular, the suit claims that female employees face "constant sexual harassment," from "having to continually fend off unwanted sexual comments" to "being groped." When employees report issues to human resources and management, the suit says, no action is taken.

Activision has refuted many of the suit's claims and said it has cooperated with the DFEH's investigation.

In January 2022, Microsoft announced intentions to buy Activision for an estimated $68.7 billion in an all-cash deal. The Seattle computing giant is expected to inherit the lawsuit should the deal pass regulation and close later this year.

Gov. Newsom's office did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

giant corporations are really sweating from the successes of unionization in other sectors. Bobby wants this whole lawsuit business squashed so he can get his gulden parachute. otherwise he might actually be screwed both businesswise and legally.

he might actually be screwed both businesswise and legally.
    Absolutely not. If the deal falls through he can still nope out with a smaller golden parachute. And as far as I can tell he has precisely zero legal exposure to the current events. In large part because executives are largely insulated when "the company" that they run engages in illegal behavior.

We can't punish a rich person, that would just be unfair.

Absolutely not. If the deal falls through he can still nope out with a smaller golden parachute. And as far as I can tell he has precisely zero legal exposure to the current events. In large part because executives are largely insulated when "the company" that they run engages in illegal behavior.

We can't punish a rich person, that would just be unfair.
    he has purposefully driven Activision-Blizzard into the ground to lay the foundation for this buy out. if heaven forbid the FTC actually does it's job then Acti-blizz is going to be in worse position then than it currently is now, and everyone involved will point the finger at Kottick. granted, up until this last year that's never been an issue for him, but now that stock value is dropping and the shareholders might actually see a lose on their end, they are going to shove Kottick out rather than roll out the red carpet.

- - - Updated - - -

but really this should be a giant scandal for Newsom. just absolute scum fuck behavior covering for Microsoft and Sex-Pest Inc.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-04-13 at 08:55 PM.

he has purposefully driven Activision-Blizzard into the ground to lay the foundation for this buy out.
    This is not remotely true in any way, shape, or form.

granted, up until this last year that's never been an issue for him, but now that stock value is dropping and the shareholders might actually see a lose on their end, they are going to shove Kottick out rather than roll out the red carpet.
    Doesn't matter. He gets a golden parachute no matter what happens, even if he's removed. It's just a smaller golden parachute.

This is not remotely true in any way, shape, or form.
    what a super, duper convincing argument you're making.
    it's not like a CEO sucking the blood of his company for all its worth and then shoving the corpse onto someone else is at all a unique or uncommon practice for these types of people.

Doesn't matter. He gets a golden parachute no matter what happens, even if he's removed. It's just a smaller golden parachute.
    I'm really not sure why this bit is necessary, yeah, he still gets his money, but that doesn't make it moral, or ethical.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-04-13 at 09:19 PM.

No, you said purposefully. You have to establish this was purposeful, and not the result of bad decisions.

No, you said purposefully. You have to establish this was purposeful, and not the result of bad decisions.
    I'm confused, I thought we all agreed that Kottick is a greedy, disgusting piece of shit. but now I have to go point for point to explain Bobby Kottick... being Bobby Kottick?

him purposefully and knowingly making games both old and new into cash cows to the point where it's ruined the player bases and even the revenue those games make in the long run, is not mutually exclusive to him being incompetent. good lord.
    Last edited by uuuhname; 2022-04-13 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deus Mortis View Post
    https://www.yahoo.com/news/californi...185713762.html
    California Gov. Gavin Newsom accused of meddling in sexual harassment lawsuit against 'Call of Duty' maker Activision
    Bet this gets more Fox News coverage now that they can "own the libz" over it.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.