Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    what are you talking about?
    WOTLK literally brought up guitar hero...
    These have been the same for a long af time.
    It's more about how it's worded. Before the class patch notes were rather subtle but now it felt more like barely concealed references. And they reference real life in the form that you are a player too much compared to how we before when we instead were referenced as our respective classes. Like the talks of mains and alts, or mentioning Paladin neighbors wanting to complain on Facebook.
    Personally I would prefer more in universe jokes and less references to current popular media as I felt it was a bit much this time. From the top of my head Tinder, Elden Ring, Encanto(Bruno), Turning Red. It was a bit on the nose a couple of times. They didn't even continue the old classic of giving Mages a new shiny new mage shield icon, but for all I know that could have been made by one of the bad developers, who knows.

But like I said I still enjoyed a lot of them.
    Last edited by Pakheth; 2022-04-01 at 02:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    "Priest
    No changes needed."
    Not funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    The difference is the time between the joke and the implementation. You don't put something as a april fools joke and then immediately put it in the game. With the pandaren Blizzard had years to change their minds.
    Uh-huh. I used to believe they wouldn't put in Demon Hunters... I kept telling people that Demon Hunters would never happen and that it was a hopeless pipe dream that'll never happen. I got in arguments with my guild mates over it saying it wouldn't be possible in both a gameplay and a lore standpoint.

Then Blizzard made Demon Hunters real and playable... If they could make Demon Hunters real, then who's to say they can't do it for Tinkers?

Like I said, I'm not saying Tinkers are or should be confirmed nor does April Fool posts deconfirm something. I'm just prepping myself so I don't get made into a fool for believing it'll never happen like with Demon Hunters.

Chuckled at some of those 'changes'.

People getting upset about an April 1st joke is amazing to watch.

Warlock > When summoned, your Incubus now assures you that whatever tomorrow brings, he’ll be there with open arms and open eyes, yeah.
    LOLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sounds good, 'coz lately I'm beginning to find that I should be the one behind the wheel.

Tinkerbros..? It's so over...

love the Death Knight ones, esp the reference a knights tale.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

They put more thought into this than the expansion

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post

In any case, they have settled the case behind close doors. So its over.
    The billionares threw some money at the problem, and now it's like noone got sexually molested in the first place! isn't world, beautiful?

Eh, another year of a fake patch notes joke. Got stale years ago. Wish they’d do something new.
    Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Which one of those ropes can I hang myself with

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam552 View Post
    These April fools patch notes seem to have became less funny over the years
    I would definitely say the first two joke patch notes were the only truly good ones, but I got more laughs out of this one than the previous few years. The notes are at their best when they're making fun of game mechanics/the community, and at their worst when it's just "Pop culture reference, that's the joke". There was a healthy balance of both this year.

I think the winners from this year go to them making fun of the final boss not really being the final boss and just a leadup to a bigger bad and the Tinker Leaker. Everything else was sort of a mixed bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
    April fools is supposed to he about trickery, this is just a poor attempt at humour.
    As per usual they miss the point.
    April Fool's has pushed towards more humor than trickery for years now.
    Last edited by Chilela; 2022-04-01 at 03:40 PM.

"All characters’ shoulders have been made smaller so that all shoulder-slot gear can be made bigger."
    So the reverse of the TBC shoulder glitch that male orcs had for what seemed like an eternity?

Kind of wish they put in some more cutting self-aware jokes, like: "Shadowlands never intended to have a 9.3 patch." If the PR department is going to gaslight us, might as well own it!

Quote Originally Posted by Fistfighter View Post
    The billionares threw some money at the problem, and now it's like noone got sexually molested in the first place! isn't world, beautiful?
    Yep, pretty much. And yea, the world has its ugly sides.

Sadly, this is how these things end up in big corps. Settled behind closed doors with money thrown either way.

1+ Year Old Account
    I don't feel entitled to a good April Fool's joke, but the bar seems so much lower than it was 10 years ago. Not just for Blizzard but across the Internet. I think maybe we're just kind of over it?

Quote Originally Posted by verylargeprime View Post
    I don't feel entitled to a good April Fool's joke, but the bar seems so much lower than it was 10 years ago. Not just for Blizzard but across the Internet. I think maybe we're just kind of over it?
    It was funny when everyone was first getting on the internet the first few years. Then early 10s it started feeling like a forced tradition. Now it's just a relic that we're still doing because no one has officially called its death yet.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    With each passing year, Rejuvenation and Tranquility aren’t working as well for you as they previously seemed to. I don’t know, man. We’re trying but … I don’t know.
    I felt that

Quote Originally Posted by GR8GODZILLAGOD View Post
    Eh, another year of a fake patch notes joke. Got stale years ago. Wish they’d do something new.
    I kind of agree. Who can forget this gem?

There were a few highlights here but it seems like there are more misses than hits.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by verylargeprime View Post
    I think it's a combination of this and the modern social climate restraining creativity to a degree.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilela View Post
    I think it's a combination of this and the modern social climate restraining creativity to a degree.
    How exactly is the "modern social climate" restraining creativity?