Page 1 of 19
... LastLast

Blizzard Website Source Code - Dragonflight Expansion

Blizzard Website Source Code - Dragonflight Expansion
    Now that April Fools is over, users over in our Expansion Speculation thread have noticed that there are references to a Dragonflight expansion in the source code.

It isn't clear that this will be the official name, but there are DNS records set for dragonflight.blizzard.com. This isn't something that would happen accidentally.

Listed Products

• Dragonflight Base
    • Dragonflight Heroic
    • Dragonflight Epic

Last edited by Lumy; 2022-04-03 at 07:56 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    O.o

/10chars

It will, there's an official website called Dragonflight too.

Quote Originally Posted by Yunravel View Post
    It will, there's an official website called Dragonflight too.
    That "official website" uses fan art instead of official art so those posts are blatantly fabricated.

Tinkers confirmed because they use colors that the Dragonflights also use. Eat that, haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's my computer illiterate guide on how to find it if people want to check it out for themselves:

What are you talking about ? I'm talking about the .js files lol it's litterally dragonflight.blizzard.com

add http...

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Not to toot my own horn, but it might be useful to link to the actual JS file so that people can see it for themselves.

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...6#post53678056

10+ Year Old Account
    Some reinvigorated fuel for the expansion "leakers". Over is the time of "revamped azeroth" variants?

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragonflight is such a boring name and I guess it means the "Age of Mortals" that began at the end of Cataclysm is coming to an end. I just hope it doesn't feel to much if we have different zones/convenats/whatever for each flight or it is "good flights" against "bad flights". And if Galakrond is somehow the end boss I just hope it doesn't come with a spine-style flight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cool, now dont suck

Minstrel, Dragonknight and Tinker classes confirmed? This is the type of leak that is 95% what the next expansion will entail.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromatus View Post
    World of Warcraft: Dragonflight

TLDR
    Main enemy is Chromatus, though lots of minor stories all about.
    6 disconnected zones (2 of them being revamps).
    4 new micro classes (1 spec each) instead of one full new class.
    Class ‘skins’ for some preexisting classes.
    Player housing.
    Carpenter and Logger professions.
    Dalaran capitol city.
    No level cap increase.

Rewards from Shadowlands just get scaled down. Everything in 10.0 is max level content (level 60) with no level squish, so there is no need to level if you already have max level characters. Progression is just endgame progression.

Dragon Isles. Technically its own continent though it’s just one zone split into multiple maps. Floating islands between the Broken Isles and Northrend.
    Lordaeron. Revamped Tirisfal/Plaguelands. Scarlet/Light focus.
    Quel’thalas. Revamped Eversong/Ghostlands. Silvermoon is a hostile city like Suramar.
    Undermine. City-zone beneath Kezan. Criminals and Uncrowned story. Fully underground.
    Balor. Halfling race dealing with primordial fel enemies (think proto-demons, like what the Shadowlands creatures are to undead).
    Uldaz. Second fully underground zone ever on Azeroth. Titan/Elune story here.

Dragon Knight. Only one tank spec. Uses two-handed weapons, fire, plate armor and shouts.
    Tinker class. Only one damage-dealer spec. Uses guns, mail armor, gadgets and mech suits.
    Minstrel class. Only one healer spec. Uses leather, lutes, violins and panflutes.
    Chronomancer class. Only one healer spec. Uses cloth, time magic, and sand magic.
    Dark Ranger skin for Hunters. Dark spell effects. Tames undead instead of animals.
    Necromancer skin for Warlocks. Plagues instead of curses. Summons undead instead of demons.
    Nightmare skin for Druids. Corrupted spell effects and animal forms. Can unlock wildly different forms (that play the same as normal druids) like snakes and spiders.
    Dragonsworn skin for Shamans. Draconic spell effects and forms.
    Warden skin for Demon Hunters. Uses arcane and holy magic instead of fel.

Continued Order Hall stories, though only a select few and you pick them like Covenants. There are no gameplay differences between them, just different campaigns, mounts, mogs and companions. The Silver Hand, Uncrowned, Kirin Tor, Valarjar, and Black Harvest. You are not considered the leader of the order.

Expansion announcement February 28th. Announcement for the announcement planned for the 18th. Goal is to release Q1 2023.
    Last edited by cityguy193; 2022-04-03 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be funny if this was just an undiscovered April Fools joke but it's not an out there choice for the name as it follows one trend of prior expansion sub-titles being something focused on in that expansion e.g. Warlords, Legion or Shadowlands as opposed to the other trend of the sub-title referencing an event e.g. Crusade, Wrath, Cataclysm or Battle. Though if it is real atm I hold the same opinion as I did for the naming choice for the last one, sounds pretty meh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragons it is then i guess

Not obfuscated and on a Saturday? What are they doing?

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    Minstrel, Dragonknight and Tinker classes confirmed? This is the type of leak that is 95% what the next expansion will entail.
    it likely randomly got the name right, as did the main "shadowlands" leak

the fact it says the announcement was supposed to be 2 months earlier it is very obviously off.

also 4 microclasses seems the worst idea EVER

Quote Originally Posted by cityguy193 View Post
    That's too much for Blizzards devs team.

maybe it's a bait Blizzard put in intentionally

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    it likely randomly got the name right, as did the main "shadowlands" leak

the fact it says the announcement was supposed to be 2 months earlier it is very obviously off.

also 4 microclasses seems the worst idea EVER
    sounds like the original announcement was just delayed.
    Chronomancer Club

There's also a possible logo/artwork for Dragonflight:

i. imgur.com / 8gDXTep.jpg