Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Twistnectar View Post
    don't be a hater.
    Im not hater. Im just expressing my opinion.
    Dont be so soft.

Only if you trash lore, storyline, roleplaying, and every reason to call it "warcraft." At which point it might as well go ftp.

Wholehartedly disagree, I still cringe when I see some of the combinations they unlocked in cata. If they enable Tauren Rogues or Undead Druids I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by united View Post
    Lore has evolved in this game to the point where it makes no sense that a human can't train to be a shaman for example. And why can't a panda be a druid?

Remove the restrictions. Just delete them.
    same reason i want gnome to have druid class so i can transform into a kitty and shout, "FEAR MY PAW!"

Honestly if this happened I would race change my Druid to a Goblin, and both my Warlock and Demon Hunter into Tauren. Just tossing money away at a crazy fast pace.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    I agree 100%

I want my Draenei Rogue and Draenei Warlock >

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magenugget View Post
    Wholehartedly disagree, I still cringe when I see some of the combinations they unlocked in cata. If they enable Tauren Rogues or Undead Druids I'm out.
    No you're not lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Its not the time to remove class/race restrictions.
    Actually, I would even remove some class/race combos which make 0 sense.
    Hear me out: Unlockable race/class combinations. Lock some of them, and add more that are unlockable. So theyre still rare lore-wise, but still possible player-wise. Like we know Night Elf Paladins can exist, so we should be able to play as them, but they are not common and they dont have a subfaction like the Sunwalkers, nor do they need one; just play through the Legion quest and boom, there ya go, Night Elf Paladins on your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    because then no one will give a damn about the storyline..
    sooo, now?

Undead Druids would legit make sense though. Ardenweald magic is very close to druidism, Gilnean druids use witchcraft, Kul Tiran druids use that creepy wicker Drust magic heavily associated with Death, I see little reason a Forsaken couldn't pick up something like that. But still, it should be rare, yeah, so......... UNLOCKABLE.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    ...Orc Priests. (Not Mag'har, I mean regular orc priests)

That is the one class restriction that needs to remain. If it becomes a thing, then that is the final nail in the coffin of WoW's lore.
    Why exactly? Shadowmoon priests are definitely a thing.

On that note, Mag'har skin tones for MU orcs plz. Or at least fucking Dragonmaw gray skin, no idea why we didn't get that at the same time as sand trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    I agree 100%

I want my Draenei Rogue and Draenei Warlock >

- - - Updated - - -

No you're not lol.
    I unsubbed last year and I wont resub until 10.0 so technically I'm already out. So let me rephrase, if they add clown shit like this I'll forget and never remember this game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    Tauren and Draenei stealthing around with their hoofs makes no sense, mate.
    There are already draenei rogues in warcraft 3. And in BC in shadowmoon valley.

I unsubbed last year and I wont resub until 10.0 so technically I'm already out. So let me rephrase, if they add clown shit like this I'll forget and never remember this game.
    It sounds like you should already do that

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    There are already draenei rogues in warcraft 3. And in BC in shadowmoon valley.

It sounds like you should already do that
    There's also the Draenei Rogue from the legion artifact questline, and she was -badass-

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    sooo, now?
    You've a point.
    I've said it before, just not in this thread, that Blizz needs to take the game offline for as long as it takes to fix the overarching storyline from WoD on up. Any retcon is symptomatic of a major fuckup and needs to be weeded out before going public. And building atop such shifting sand just keeps making things worse. Which is what we have today, and only encourages indifference and an uncaring attitude. Hence this thread among so many that make demands based upon current dubious "progression."

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now blizzard are so far gone you might as well remove the restrictions but I wasnt a fan of taking away the restrictions they already did many years ago.

WoW has mostly lost nearly all of its RPG elements at this point, especially coming from vanilla to now, they are like completely different games at this point. and I know people fucking love what Wow's become and thats fine, but it just looks as if it would rather be bland action game MMO.

If I had it my way there would have never been a loosening on class retractions in the first place, and I would have kept more RPG elements in what's was supposed to be an MMORPG before WoW lost its identity. and I mostly blame the sports culture for that. Why an MMO had to be an e-sport I'd never know and if they wanted to do that I think its fine but make it a separate game with separate mechanics and systems from the main game because right now, WoW is directed and pushed forward on the whim on how the e-sports events go, whether its world first races or arena and BG events. And an MMO should not have to cater its gameplay to that of the e-sports crowd, because its an entirely different style of gameplay.

And I am completely aware I am one of the few people who share this opinion now seeing as those that remain with WoW now like the more action paced faster style of WoW. But the more WoW distance itself from the RPG format the more I refuse to resub. So if that's the direction they want to move it then I say go at it, I don't care. I'll go somewhere else for my RPG games.
    Last edited by Orby; 2022-04-03 at 03:42 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Anything that gives us Dwarf Druids im on board with!

Quote Originally Posted by fazaim View Post
    Tauren and Draenei stealthing around with their hoofs makes no sense, mate.
    They make more sense than mechagnomes. If you can sneak about with metal arms and legs i don't think hooves is much of a reach.

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    Undead Druids would legit make sense though. Ardenweald magic is very close to druidism, Gilnean druids use witchcraft, Kul Tiran druids use that creepy wicker Drust magic heavily associated with Death, I see little reason a Forsaken couldn't pick up something like that. But still, it should be rare, yeah, so......... UNLOCKABLE.

- - - Updated - - -

Why exactly? Shadowmoon priests are definitely a thing.

On that note, Mag'har skin tones for MU orcs plz. Or at least fucking Dragonmaw gray skin, no idea why we didn't get that at the same time as sand trolls.
    Green skinned orcs can't wield the Light because of the Fel Blood in their system.

Mag'har are already in the game as a separate race, aka an Allied Race and they have the option to be priests (though not Paladins.. No idea why.)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    You've a point.
    I've said it before, just not in this thread, that Blizz needs to take the game offline for as long as it takes to fix the overarching storyline from WoD on up. Any retcon is symptomatic of a major fuckup and needs to be weeded out before going public. And building atop such shifting sand just keeps making things worse. Which is what we have today, and only encourages indifference and an uncaring attitude. Hence this thread among so many that make demands based upon current dubious "progression."
    This only emphasises the role of the handful of protagonists around which the entire universe revolves even further. It's an inherently limited format. WoW is a world first and foremost and all the mundane and trivial stories that happen within it are way more influential to the player's experience than the campaign soap opera.

The sooner Blizzard drops it or shoves it out of the way as some formality, the more creative freedom the allow themselves for enriching the worlds they design.

I want to play Tauren Mage since Cata.

I agree. To People who disagree. Large races being rogues (Taurens/Draenei) But male pandaren/Kul Tirans(especially male) can be rogues? Tauren and Draenie can already be monks for gods sake lol, more nimble/agile than a rogue. Tauren and Draenei can be hunters and stealth with camouflage. So why not rogues? Also for Goblin Paladin, all someone has to to do is follow the light and its principles, and have someone willing to teach them and guide them. Argent Dawn has a few Goblin/Orc Paladin npcs, aws well as, night elfs, worgen, trolls, and forsaken, so there goes that "breaking the lore" excuse. Light is a cosmic force, like the elements, technically anyone can follow them. Demon Hunter is just a ritual. If all those races can be pallies, they can also be priests. Everyone can already be warrior/hunter. Everyone can technically be a mage. Same with monk. It actually seems to be against lore that your "self made character" is actual restrcited to a set a beliefs by the terms of the lore of that race. Even though in the world, like Argent Dawn, NPCs have more RPG options than the players lol. At this point all races should be able to be all classes. Druidism is also taught by Cenarius and those demi gods /followers of said demi gods. Its honestly lore, that its about being taught/following a certain path/having a willing teacher.
    Last edited by Pokeylope; 2022-04-03 at 04:03 PM.