Page 16 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
    What does that mean? Dates don't change all the time, and when someone announces a date and that date turns out to be inaccurate, the information loses credibility.
    Dates do change all the time.

Blizzard was notorious for pushing back release dates to polish up their games back in the day. They were so well known for it was practically a meme.

"When is Starcraft 2 coming out?
    "Soon™"

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    sigh

In developement. Sprints and releases gets pushed around all the time due to the nature of the agile work enviroment that virtually every single software developing company in the world uses now.

You can read up on LeSS and other agile developement methods in DevOps if you are interesting in knowing more.
    If the announcement date was internally changed, then by the beginning of February, the leaker would have known if they needed two more months. There is no way they didn't know less than 4 weeks before the announcement, that they still needed 2 more months on top of that February 28th date.

The leaker guessed February because that's what the community guessed, because that's when Blizzconline was originally supposed to be.

Everything else is cope. Your leak is fake. Face reality.

Gaining levels is fun. You are progressing your character and progression is fun. The thing is that without levels, you'll still be doing the same thing. You'll still be forced to play through the main campaign, through the quests they release etc. It will just be without gaining experience and without gaining levels, so it will be less fun.
    without levels you will be able to get meaningful gear from dungeons straight of the bat. Instead of getting a low of throwaway gear while doing quests and dungeons. Leveling hos provided nothing meaningful to the game for close to 10 years. You dont get new abilities anymore.

I really, really hope there are no tinkers. I genuinely hate that concept. Who cares if it is in WC3!

If the announcement date was internally changed, then by the beginning of February, the leaker would have known if they needed two more months. There is no way they didn't know less than 4 weeks before the announcement, that they still needed 2 more months on top of that February 28th date.

The leaker guessed February because that's what the community guessed, because that's when Blizzconline was originally supposed to be.

Everything else is cope. Your leak is fake. Face reality.
    Its possible that the leaker got the information some time ago. Its probably likely that the person doesnt directly work for Blizzard.

wdym "your leak" ?

i'm not saying its real. But with the information we have now its looking like the closest one to an actual leak so far.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    "No level cap increase"

No. Not going to happen, hopefully ever.

Leveling is fun. Fuck the instant gratification generation.
    Levelling is fun in Vanilla. But ever since Legion, levelling is utterly meaningless with mob scaling. What's fun is the experience of working through new quests that are required for the levelling. But there's nothing that makes levelling an inherent attribute of questing.

So it makes more sense to not front-load all the questing into levelling and instead distribute the quests throughout the end-game, which is now the full game.

Shadowlands sort of did this by letting the player run through the campaign, and then give their alt the option to purely pursue the side-quests.

Blizzard can push this concept even further by introducing daily quests earlier and make the world quest phase and the quest phase overlap with each other. Quests that are highly conditional, or only appear sporadically. Like Mechagon, but the entire game.

I'm hoping that Mechagon was just a pilot and eventually will be the format of an entire expansion. I'm just not sure if Blizzard has gotten their act together enough to integrate all of that into this expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I would just walk into mythic dungeons myself. Leveling is needed in the game but it's so trivial and dull I make sure to have audio books stocked up when expansions launch.
    No, you didn't read properly. Without levels, you still have to go through the content. You still have to go through the quests. There will be a main campaign just like in Shadowlands, one that you must do to unlock the endgame. Because otherwise the expansion would launch, you'd log in and you'll immediately be able to get into the endgame dungeons etc. Then why even create quests in the zones? Why have a main campaign? Why have content outside of dungeons and raids? There will always be a level increase, to believe anything else is foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Dates do change all the time.
    No, they don't. They change sometimes. Not all the time. And to tell yourself that "I bet the date changed cause sometimes things change" is just cope. You're telling this to yourself because you want to keep believing in the leak.

Blizzard was notorious for pushing back release dates to polish up their games back in the day. They were so well known for it was practically a meme.

"When is Starcraft 2 coming out?
    "Soon™"
    They used to be notorious for that. Have you been living in a cave for 20 years? One of the biggest complaints of players is that Blizzard doesn't do that shit anymore and instead releases unfinished products. See Warlords of Draenor and how much shit was cut, and look at Warcraft 3 Reforged. Shadowlands was an exception and even their the pushback of the release date was just for PR because people praised them for "being old Blizzard again", which was complete bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Its possible that the leaker got the information some time ago. Its probably likely that the person doesnt directly work for Blizzard.

wdym "your leak" ?

i'm not saying its real. But with the information we have now its looking like the closest one to an actual leak so far.
    This is just more cope. You are trying to convince yourself.

No, you didn't read properly. Without levels, you still have to go through the content. You still have to go through the quests. There will be a main campaign just like in Shadowlands, one that you must do to unlock the endgame. Because otherwise the expansion would launch, you'd log in and you'll immediately be able to get into the endgame dungeons etc. Then why even create quests in the zones? Why have a main campaign? Why have content outside of dungeons and raids? There will always be a level increase, to believe anything else is foolish.

No, they don't. They change sometimes. Not all the time. And to tell yourself that "I bet the date changed cause sometimes things change" is just cope. You're telling this to yourself because you want to keep believing in the leak.

They used to be notorious for that. Have you been living in a cave for 20 years? One of the biggest complaints of players is that Blizzard doesn't do that shit anymore and instead releases unfinished products. See Warlords of Draenor and how much shit was cut, and look at Warcraft 3 Reforged. Shadowlands was an exception and even their the pushback of the release date was just for PR because people praised them for "being old Blizzard again", which was complete bullshit.

- - - Updated - - -

Why indeed to be honest?

Most of the world dies three days after launch.

without levels you will be able to get meaningful gear from dungeons straight of the bat. Instead of getting a low of throwaway gear while doing quests and dungeons. Leveling hos provided nothing meaningful to the game for close to 10 years. You dont get new abilities anymore.
    My concern is not where people would get gear from. The reality is that there will be quests. Why would they spend 90% of development time on designing content people don't have to engage with? There will be quests, and quests without gaining experience and levels are boring. What are they supposed to do, have no zones and no new quests? Just 8 dungeons? Please use your brain a bit before you waste my time with your drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Why indeed to be honest?

Most of the world dies three days after launch.
    Nonsense.

yea theres no way blizzard adds 4 classes with tier sets back.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    I think it would make more sense if instead of them being Micro-classes, they were additional specs to pre-existing classes. Dragon Knight to Warrior, Minstrel to Rogue, Chronomancer to Mage, and Tinker to... uh... okay, no idea on that one.

And for those that say "the date got pushed back'", by that same logic, the fact that he got the name right doesn't really matter. Because had he gotten the name wrong you'd be able to dismiss the name by saying "maybe the name got changed" "maybe it was just a working title". So by that same logic, literally every other dragon leak is equally possible, because maybe they just changed that name to Dragonflight at the last second.

Or they get rid of class sets but keep the tier set system.

Not if the "micro class" are literally shared between different class

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonflighters View Post
    Or they get rid of class sets but keep the tier set system.
    They just reintroduced them. Do they want bad PR?

And for those that say "the date got pushed back'", by that same logic, the fact that he got the name right doesn't really matter. Because had he gotten the name wrong you'd be able to dismiss the name by saying "maybe the name got changed" "maybe it was just a working title". So by that same logic, literally every other dragon leak is equally possible, because maybe they just changed that name to Dragonflight at the last second.
    What is this cope?

Dates change always in game.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    If this is the case...

I'll be so fucking happy, you have no idea.
    This right here, micro classes sounds awesome.

They still push back dates regardless of quality of the product.

Reforged was still pushed back 3 months even though it was shit.

Dates never change my ass lol

I'm not trying to convince myself of anything. I'm personally hoping this leak is not real.

You learned a new word and now you are applying it everywhere i see? :P

Quote Originally Posted by Dioporco View Post
    What is this cope?

Dates change always in game.
    So do names. Cataclysm was originally called Worldbreaker internally.

So I guess every leak about dragons could be legit, even if it has a different name, maybe they just changed the name later.

But hey, even if the theme isn't dragons, it could still be legit, because maybe they changed the theme, too.

Things change all the time.

- - - Updated - - -

They still push back dates regardless of quality of the product.

Reforged was still pushed back 3 months even though it was shit.

Dates never change my ass lol
    I never said dates never change, stop lying. Pathetic weasel.