Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Whats the advantage here instead of having multiple specs in one class?
    I think probably the point is to get new/returning people to immediately be able to jump into a new class, instead of having to level an existing one and choose a spec.

I definitely think it would be better to be 4th specs for existing classes, though. However, some people might complain that, "X class got a 4th spec and mine didn't!"

Whats the advantage here instead of having multiple specs in one class?
    It’s easier to encapsulate everything you want in 1 spec when establishing the class fantasy. It’s the reason why they said there’s only 2 Demon Hunter specs. Which was something along the lines of, they felt that coming up with 3rd spec for DHs would have diminished the feel of the other 2 and whatever they came up with might be incompatible with the total class fantasy they were trying to achieve overall.

Much like with mages - Blizzard has said they liked in the past when Mages were more adapt to using all different kinds of elemental magic. Fire spec’d mages used frost spells and arcane spells and vice versa. Now, they’re too geared towards making X specced Mages using strictly X elemental spells.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Last time they hit us with a fan service expansion was Legion. And it turned out to be really fucking good. So I hope this is real. Get all these skins in the game people want, hit us with a bunch of new class flavors. Our favorite place of all time... Dalaran. DRAGONS.

But most importantly, what the game needs is the gameplay changes this kinda hints at. No extended level cap. A good evergreen end game progression system or seasonal XP tracks, then you got a bunch of new class flavors to experience the game with. Player housing and new professions. Revamping some of the old stuff.

I need this to be real. After BFA and SL I barely played the game at all and have just let WoW sit on my SSD, basically on the fence of uninstalling it but could never do it. If they really get crazy, get this game updated into fresh new 2022 systems, and all this fan service stuff and have a hit like Legion... I'm back.
    I would love a seasonal track similiar to Hearthstone or Diablo Immortal that gives us themed cosmetics every three months to help with content draught! They even have the base system with the current renown in the game already. Would also help make people sub more than just the first month of a new patch.

Also, I never got why "fanservice" is seen as bad on the internet.

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Listen man, I just want Dragon stuff, we've been lacking BIG Dragon stuff since Cata (BFA had like...cockteases, but that's it). I want to see floating Dragon Islands, Dragon Citadel, Underground Azeroth stuff, the Undermine (I HOPE IT IS LIKE THE UNDERCITY FROM ARCANE), Azeroth Island stuff, Titan stuff, Elune hints, First Ones stuff, some hints to the future Cosmic plots, etc.

Make this MAINLY ABOUT Dragons tho, PLEEAAASSSEEE!!!! Dragons connect with legit every Cosmic Force so well here, and it's the perfect breather/lead in expac. I WANT DRAGON FANTASY BACK!!! Fuck yeah dude, also I am a Ret Paladin and I think the whole "Fantasy, Knights slaying Dragons, etc" plot is perfect for WoW mainly.

I'm starting to think we're gonna have a Dalaran main hub in the original Dalaran spot in Hillsbrad. There was a new skybox for the zone in 9.2.5 and we've also seen stuff happening to Dalaran in 9.2.5

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly sounds awesome about them? Genuinely trying to understand
    Microclasses mean more variety in playable classes? That sounds awesome.

I don't think this is "the leak," even with the name certification evidence. I think the name is a lucky guess. And I don't think it'll be this expansion because of these things.

"4 new micro classes (1 spec each) instead of one full new class.
    Class ‘skins’ for some preexisting classes.
    Player housing.
    Carpenter and Logger professions.
    No level cap increase."

I don't see Blizzard doing any of this.

What exactly sounds awesome about them? Genuinely trying to understand
    New substantial gameplay that isn't just borrowed power shit that goes away by the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Selah View Post
    I don't think this is "the leak," even with the name certification evidence. I think the name is a lucky guess. And I don't think it'll be this expansion because of these things.

"4 new micro classes (1 spec each) instead of one full new class.
    Class ‘skins’ for some preexisting classes.
    Player housing.
    Carpenter and Logger professions.
    No level cap increase."

I don't see Blizzard doing any of this.
    Dalaran as new hub in hillsbrad.
    Lordaeron & Qual'Thalas.
    He was right about those

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Super tinfoil hat time

What if Blizzard is intentionally tapping into the meta for this one?

They randomly pick a fake leak that's rarely being considered/talked about, they take that name and register it on their site, and they also create some throwaway 'promotional art' with a fake logo on reddit to throw everyone off the scent.

Think it's possible they're conning us with this one? Like they intentionally might know someone would try and datamine the website so they purposely throw a red herring our way?
    Sometimes a tree is just a tree. Nope, blizzard would probably not go this far to say: surprise, it's something different. Especially since code shown the 3 editions that will be released for it.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    One spec classes wouldn't work in WoW, which is why if this turns out to be true, I fully expect them to launch new specs for the classes in major patches or the inbetween patches
    Like imagine this

.5 patches include a new spec, class skins and more additions to housing / story
    Full patches include the usual stuff like new zones / revamps , raids, etc
    It would work. It's just weird, and would require that those single specs are always in a good spot, eating up ample dev time since there is no alternative spec.

They could also code in something like FF route, where your character can have mutiple jobs (in this case, your main class and one micro class that it can swap to.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Knight View Post
    If the announcement date was internally changed, then by the beginning of February, the leaker would have known if they needed two more months. There is no way they didn't know less than 4 weeks before the announcement, that they still needed 2 more months on top of that February 28th date.

The leaker guessed February because that's what the community guessed, because that's when Blizzconline was originally supposed to be.

Everything else is cope. Your leak is fake. Face reality.
    They literally decided in like the same month SL was supposed to launch (sub 30days to launch) to push the game back another month. These things aren't always planned way ahead of time for notice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelthon
    do i wanting my cat come the expansion due to signifying a reroll fresh scratch the night elf mage?

Quote Originally Posted by TheFirstOnes View Post
    Dragons connect with legit every Cosmic Force...
    STOOOOOOP!!!!!!

Please stop it, I really had enough with this "Cosmic Force" Crap. Please, can we let the Cosmic forces do what they do the best, wait for a billion Years until they do something; we had enough of these at least for a few expansions in the future. I just want an expansion without any cosmic force/save the world as the hero of azeroth-bullshit. Just an expansions about Dragons on our side and Dragons that cause havoc: not: destroy the world like Deathwing, but only a new Era of Dragons, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    Ineresting for sure, but if this is the case, it could mean some ret cons are in order, since According to cata, they have no powers left, arnt immortal anymore and in soem cases have lost the ablity to breed. I mean Alex herself, is out of Consorts And speaking of Alex, she looks pretty nice in the artwork, good to see her kitted up and looking more then a Amazon then a Bikini model
    Requires no retcon. We are to restore the dragonfligjts. Even a shitposter like me can create a plausable reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by ManjiSanji View Post
    I think probably the point is to get new/returning people to immediately be able to jump into a new class, instead of having to level an existing one and choose a spec.

I definitely think it would be better to be 4th specs for existing classes, though. However, some people might complain that, "X class got a 4th spec and mine didn't!"
    But then why those classes? One of the arguments against, say dark rangers or necromancers, as full classes is that they’re too thematically similar to other full classes and thus don’t have enough uniqueness for 3 specs.
    Problem allegedly solved here with micro classes, but then Blizzard elects to just make these highly requested, lore rich classes merely skins and save the new micro classes for some stuff no one has even really heard of? Chronomancers are literally mages. They have a tier set named that and they’ve been playing with time since 4.0. Dragonknights are asspulls of void elf depths.

Dragonflight is the current name for the expansion and is only a placeholder however we are expecting it to stick (we need to copyright our title within the next couple weeks).

The expansion has, from even my perspective, fixed so many issues. We tried to do another Legion and bypassed our expectations in my opinion.

Raiding in this expansion is getting an overhaul. There will still be the three difficulties of Normal, Heroic and Mythic however rewards obtained from Mythic are now strictly cosmetic with gear items having just a few more item levels. Our theory is that the top percent of players only need a small percent of power increase. Normal is going to become far easier, raids are to have better layouts and Heroic is going to be just harder than the current Normal difficulty we roll out. No Raid Finder until the next tier - where you will be able to que up for the previous raid in any difficulty.

Dungeons are changing too. Dungeons will no longer scale with there being 4 leveling Dungeons and 2 max level dungeons. We are removing max level Normal dungeons unless they are unlocked at max level. You will be able to do three Heroic dungeons per day and it will unlock you a daily chest containing anything from a Heroic item drop to a Normal Raid difficulty item. You can complete these dungeons via the group finder or can use the search tool if you are looking for specific items.

You will pick your own Dragonflight. However there is only one singular hub for all flights and no power gain. You can however gain access to flying in the zone your flight represents and go on story campaigns.

There are 5 new zones. 3 leveling zones and one leveling / max level zone alongside a strict max level zone similar to Suramar. A single Dragonflight represents each zone.

The black dragonflight play a massive role in this expansion in terms of an enemy. Similar to Mists, there is no clear enemy at the start but as we investigate we realize that corruption is taking place and an alliance is forming between the elemental planes and the majority of the Black Dragonflight.

Wrathion remains uncorrupted initially. He is a potential for the final boss.

Some class covenant abilities will be ingrained into the classes. Items in Dragonflight are going to have Bind on Equip perks which are collected as Patterns when acquired. You can then apply these patterns to replace the given perk on your item for a cost of a new currency.

One new row of talents. No new class.

Ask any questions you want.
    Last edited by visualdave; 2022-04-03 at 08:25 PM.

I just don't see Blizzard balancing 4 new micro classes as separate classes and also introduce new weapons/gear and cosmetics/tier sets for them. That is the only thing that makes me think this leak is fake. Everything else in there is 100% possible and very likely to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    I just don't see Blizzard balancing 4 new micro classes as separate classes and also introduce new weapons/gear and cosmetics/tier sets for them. That is the only thing that makes me think this leak is fake. Everything else in there is 100% possible and very likely to happen.
    Yes this is why we are not doing it. Another class would cost too much resources. We sometimes regret the addition of Demon Hunter and Monks - something we should have integrated into Hunters and Rogues retrospectively. Death Knights however we still love.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    Dragonflight is the current name for the expansion and is only a placeholder however we are expecting it to stick (we need to copyright our title within the next couple weeks).

The expansion has, from even my perspective, fixed so many issues. We tried to do another Legion and bypassed our expectations in my opinion.

Raiding in this expansion is getting an overhaul. There will still be the three difficulties of Normal, Heroic and Mythic however rewards obtained from Mythic are now strictly cosmetic with gear items having just a few more item levels. Our theory is that the top percent of players only need a small percent of power increase. Normal is going to become far easier, raids are to have better layouts and Heroic is going to be just harder than the current Normal difficulty we roll out. No Raid Finder until the next tier - where you will be able to que up for the previous raid in any difficulty.

Dungeons are changing too. Dungeons will no longer scale with there being 4 leveling Dungeons and 2 max level dungeons. We are removing max level Normal dungeons unless they are unlocked at max level. You will be able to do three Heroic dungeons per day and it will unlock you a daily chest containing anything from a Heroic item drop to a Normal Raid difficulty item. You can complete these dungeons via the group finder or can use the search tool if you are looking for specific items.

You will pick your own Dragonflight. However there is only one singular hub for all flights and no power gain. You can however gain access to flying in the zone your flight represents and go on story campaigns.

There are 5 new zones. 3 leveling zones and one leveling / max level zone alongside a strict max level zone similar to Suramar. A single Dragonflight represents each zone.

The black dragonflight play a massive role in this expansion in terms of an enemy. Similar to Mists, there is no clear enemy at the start but as we investigate we realize that corruption is taking place and an alliance is forming between the elemental planes and the majority of the Black Dragonflight.

Wrathion remains uncorrupted initially. He is a potential for the final boss.

Some class covenant abilities will be ingrained into the classes. Items in Dragonflight are going to have Bind on Equip perks which are collected as Patterns when acquired. You can then apply these patterns to replace the given perk on your item for a cost of a new currency.

One new row of talents. No new class.

Ask any questions you want.
    This sounds absolutely awful, nice trolling though.

Quote Originally Posted by Northelim View Post
    This sounds absolutely awful, nice trolling though.
    Because everyone expected a new class from us. We are down to 50% of the team that created Legion. Dont expect much more than the company trying to lengthen things out for more money.

Quote Originally Posted by visualdave View Post
    Because everyone expected a new class from us. We are down to 50% of the team that created Legion. Dont expect much more than the company trying to lengthen things out for more money.
    Christ shut up with your cringe LARP

Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Christ shut up with your cringe LARP
    The reality you think of game design is not true. It is a workforce that is far under manned, everyone is there simply to earn money and go home, we are forced to uphold and meet expectations we know we cannot achieve - you need to realize this