10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Yeeeah but demons predate Gul'dan by several millenia.
    Doesn't matter. If it is about primordial demons, those even predating the burning legion, the stormreaver clan could have embarked on a quest to undo the burning legion to bring true demons back or whatever. This is untapped potential in lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    Doesn't matter. If it is about primordial demons, those even predating the burning legion, the stormreaver clan could have embarked on a quest to undo the burning legion to bring true demons back or whatever. This is untapped potential in lore.
    Until it's announced they came out of a printer, the first demons came out of the clash of light and void instead of being corrupted races, so there are actual proto demons and what they did was move around like a locust swarm until they were turned into a regimented force by Sargeras, a representative of an opposite power, who's closest lieutenants consisted of corrupted races like the eredar. So if they do want to do a more classic D&D or Warhammer-style demonic warbands the opportunity is there.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by AngerFork View Post
    A prestige system could be interesting. It would give a good way to earn up to unlocking the class, meaning you could build up to the class you want rather than having to start from scratch as you had to with Allied Races. The main worry I have with stuff like that is that it would seemingly not change up a ton of gameplay; instead it would seem to mostly be a graphical change. There would be no discernable difference between a Marksman & a Dark Ranger aside from spell names & cosmetics. Though on that same note, the Warlock Green Fire quest did make my Warlock feel fairly new for a bit, so it might be worth it just to see the new effects.
    I think it heavily depends on how divergent the new skin is visually. Changing a Paladin to a Sunwalker would probably offer minimal new flavour. It would change the name of some spells and maybe warm the sfx a bit. Really giving them a totem maul transmog would be far more effective (there are at least a few paladin mogs that work for sunwalkers already, primarily the SoO one). But changing a warlock to necromancer? Completely changing all your pets and going from fire to frost will very much change how your class feels (especially for something like Demo).
    Another thing of interest would be talents though. I insist that the most important part of class design that they keep missing the mark on is talent viability; there are multiple specs in the game that have no reason to EVER change their talents in PvE. Make multiple setups viable in the same spec and you might have a character with two demo locks only one his locks he plays with Demons and focuses on Demonic Tyrant while e.g. the other is a Necromancer and focuses with the Necro equivalent of Nether Portal.

I know everyone talks about dragons right now but something i noticed especially in all the leaks is that no one mentions vol'jin.
    Everyone jumped on the turalyon hype train and what it means for the alliance. But i think its equally as interesting to think about what it means for the horde to have a former warchief resurrected as loa(of kings).
    He's a major recurring character since legion and i doubt the next expansion will put him next to the elf on the shelf.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    There are other forms of leveling.

Leveling in WoW is archaic and holding WoW back, no similar game in 2022 has this tedious infinite level cap expansion. Most either use an account wide level cap paragon progression system (you still have bars to fill), or use ilevel as vertical progression and just squish that, then have some sort of supplemental seasonal XP bar. The developers arent going to just endlessly extend level cap and squish down over and over. Honestly it's insane it went on as long as it did.

ESO and Destiny 2 both have better systems to replace leveling. They're probably going to use something along these lines.
    nah, I like leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    Something that I find particularly interesting about the Dragonflight leak:

"Balor. Halfling race dealing with primordial fel enemies (think proto-demons, like what the Shadowlands creatures are to undead)."

Whereas Balor is another classic zone we have yet to explore, the mention of a halfling race is particularly interesting... especially since they are fighting proto-demons.

In the Irish mythology, Balor is the king of the Fomorians, a group of creatures describe as hideous (sometimes demonic) giants, warriors of chaos and destruction.

Now, we have yet to have an Ireland-inspired zone in the game (Kul'Tiras doesn't dive too much into the Celtic aspect of the Irish culture), and Blizzard has a history of copy-pasting real life mythology into the game, twisting it only a little.

So, the island of Balor being home to halflings (tall humans? small ettins? something else?) fighting giant proto-demons (mirroring Zereth Mortis proto death creatures?) is something I could see.
    Oh and there's a datamined pet using the vuplera rig. It could be a halfling pet?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    If they do add Dal, I would want it to be updated, expanded upon (bigger) and placed back in its hole.
    Yeah I would love it if it was grounded, if it extended all the way to Ambermill and got a port in the Lordamere; the sewers could exit underwater in the Lordamere as well.

Not all, you wanted a full world revamp. This would just be the top 1/3 to 1/2 of the Eastern Kingdoms.
    I still do, but I’m also pragmatical: if they revamp northern EK, they will eventually do Kalimdor later on. I’d be ok with a progressive revamp!

nah, I like leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and there's a datamined pet using the vuplera rig. It could be a halfling pet?
    Could be, but it could also be any kind of small creature tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    I know everyone talks about dragons right now but something i noticed especially in all the leaks is that no one mentions vol'jin.
    Everyone jumped on the turalyon hype train and what it means for the alliance. But i think its equally as interesting to think about what it means for the horde to have a former warchief resurrected as loa(of kings).
    He's a major recurring character since legion and i doubt the next expansion will put him next to the elf on the shelf.
    I think Vol'jin will be more interesting as a character in Talan'ji's story than his own. I think Talan'ji should be much more important in the Horde story from now on, especially given the weight of Zandalar as a military, agricultural and diplomatic power. Talan'ji does not seem particularly impressed with Bwonsamdi and I could see her trying to gain Vol'jin as a patron in his place.

5+ Year Old Account

Wouldn't it be weird to make them pets?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think Vol'jin will be more interesting as a character in Talan'ji's story than his own. I think Talan'ji should be much more important in the Horde story from now on, especially given the weight of Zandalar as a military, agricultural and diplomatic power. Talan'ji does not seem particularly impressed with Bwonsamdi and I could see her trying to gain Vol'jin as a patron in his place.
    It would make a lot of sense, and ousting Bwonsamdi also gives Blizzard the opportunity for a future cool villain/raid

10+ Year Old Account
    Thanks for the confirmation, it's much appreciated!
    Yeah, I'm from the US, south, and I haven't heard of it either.

I would be very surprised if that isn’t the story. It’s pretty much the only hint you can do with that narrative thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Wangming View Post
    Wouldn't it be weird to make them pets?
    It could be a youngling of that race acting as a squire, so not really a pet, more like a little companion

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    It's troll stuff. I doubt it will matter much. He will just sit on a lower shelf to come up every once in a while when they want to use Talanji for something. Maybe a straight-man counterpart for Bwonsamdi at best.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    ESO and Destiny 2 both have better systems to replace leveling.
    Wait, you really think ESO's Champion Point system is better than what WoW has?

Wait, you really think ESO's Champion Point system is better than what WoW has?
    It's a great horizontal progression system that would add a lot to WoW. The problem in ESO is that there is no "endgame" content (besides trials aka raids and veteran dungeons) which trivialises the entire game.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    I still do, but I’m also pragmatical: if they revamp northern EK, they will eventually do Kalimdor later on. I’d be ok with a progressive revamp!

Could be, but it could also be any kind of small creature tbh
    Wouldnt it be interesting if they finish revamping the rest of EK over the course of the expansion? Then in 11 or 12.0 they can have an expansion next to Kalim and do it there too. Maybe Undermine?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Santandame View Post
    If not Chromatus, who do people want as the main villain for a Dragon Isles expansion?

Nozdormu? Galakrond? Xal'atath? An introduction of new characters comprising of a, forgive me, empire of dragons?
    Azshara maybe? Im sure there is a way she could slot in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    I wonder if Blizzard will make some statement this week regarding the leak. Could they even push the reveal ahead?

I mean, if we got this two weeks before the reveal, imagine what else we will get in the coming days, for sure something else is going to get leaked.
    I doubt they'll push reveal forward.. Unless like the whole trailer and tons of images come out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Firedemon View Post
    No. On these forums any updates mean an expansion hint.
    Wrathin comes back? Dragon expansion clearly!
    LK part of a quest? Wotlk 2 clearly!
    Sylvanas working with a death master? Shadowlands clearly!

At the point we're headed for Wrath of the Shdowlands Dragon Isles Lich and tinkers.

Wouldnt it be interesting if they finish revamping the rest of EK over the course of the expansion? Then in 11 or 12.0 they can have an expansion next to Kalim and do it there too. Maybe Undermine?

- - - Updated - - -

Azshara maybe? Im sure there is a way she could slot in there.
    I think that’d be great! And give them time to really do a quality revamp.

I don't get the fixation on Balor. I've always known it to be a location in the lore and it isn't exactly a deep dive. It's on practically every map and fairly commonplace knowledge. I really don't think "Balor exists" is enough to say "yep, real leak". The whole "Halfling" thing also feels weird—what, precisely, is a "Halfling" in this case? Do they mean a traditional, DnD-style Hobbit? That feels a bit awkward to imagine, especially in conjunction with "Proto-Demons" scourging a random Second War island. It's also hard to imagine that there have just always been Halflings this whole time, just on an island that was owned by a Human Kingdom, fought for before, and everybody knew existed. You could say that's also sort of the case with the Drust, but they've been practically-extinct for the longest time with the exception of a single Thornspeaker, and even then it was localized to a single kingdom instead of an island which was actively contested.

It feels like an asspull to say this simple, Second War-era landmark is somehow host to both "Proto-Demons" and "Halflings" without any further explanation. I could imagine fighting the Stormreavers there, but not much else.
    Last edited by Le Conceptuel; 2022-04-04 at 08:29 AM.