dragonflight is the title
    this suggests a theme about dragons
    if the art is real that supports it

tinkers are not dragons or related to dragons

LETS GO DRAGONSWORN!!!!!!!!

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Druids aren't about picking flowers, though?
    According to your logic
    Lore-wise a restoration Druid can grow and use all these different types of plants to heal, but they cannot pick a flower because they do not know the in-game profession Herbalism.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Professions aren't realistic reflections of knowledge, so classes don't need to depend on their knowledge at all.

Unlearn Engineering, and you lose the knowledge to throw a simple copper bomb. That isn't how knowledge works at all.
    You mean you can’t unlearn everything in your job in an instant to the point of not being able to even do simple tasks???

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    so heres something interesting
    blizzard makes a class to fit an expansion theme

a certain individual on the forum would disagree
    Don’t you know that there’s such a big connection between dragons and the goblins?
    And the steamscale mount and pet are surely signs of dragon tinkers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

i mean, Mechagnomes can't even use pants are you REALLY thinking about how good "lorewise" tinker can be bc we have engineering?!

u can know how to shoot and mantain a gun but don't know how a gun is done. u use a computer but don't know how they are really done. a tinker can be made to be just a "pilot".

But i mean, MECHAGNOMES CAN'T USE PANTS, Lighforged Draenei can be shadow priests, somethings are not that important.

so heres something interesting
    blizzard makes a class to fit an expansion theme

I want you to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    I want you to be right.
    I want me to be right too lol

Quote Originally Posted by datguy81 View Post
    Then it will evolve into its coming in next patch or next xpac. It’s honestly a deeply disturbing obsession some have with it
    It's just because it doesn't exist.

As soon as it does, they'll stop caring. But as long as it doesn't, it's going to be the best thing ever that the game truly needs and that will bring sunshine and rainbows and make everyone happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Don’t you know that there’s such a big connection between dragons and the goblins?
    To be clear, I'm Team Bard and don't have a huge dog in the Tinker fight, BUT Tinker is a pretty agnostic class concept: literally any excuse for technology advancement would make Tinkers a valid class addition. "After studying the designs of the First Ones, some champions of Azeroth innovated new ways of engaging in combat."

"With the new threats facing Azeroth between the rampaging scourge and the newly discovered Dragon Isles..."

"The quest for Zerith Azeroth has begun, and the search has lead to rapid technological innovation..."

I personally would prefer to see Dragonsworn/Aspectcaller/etc. over a Tinker, and I'd prefer to see some type of Bard (or at least a dedicated support role added to the game) above even that, but "lore/relevance" isn't really that hard of a bridge to cross for Tinkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    To be clear, I'm Team Bard and don't have a huge dog in the Tinker fight, BUT Tinker is a pretty agnostic class concept: literally any excuse for technology advancement would make Tinkers a valid class addition. "After studying the designs of the First Ones, some champions of Azeroth innovated new ways of engaging in combat."

"With the new threats facing Azeroth between the rampaging scourge and the newly discovered Dragon Isles..."

"The quest for Zerith Azeroth has begun, and the search has lead to rapid technological innovation..."

I personally would prefer to see Dragonsworn/Aspectcaller/etc. over a Tinker, and I'd prefer to see some type of Bard (or at least a dedicated support role added to the game) above even that, but "lore/relevance" isn't really that hard of a bridge to cross for Tinkers.
    Personally I'm in the boat that you don't actually have to justify why a class wasn't in from beginning. I have no qualms with a new class getting added and the game treats them as if they were always there.
    Why we don't have X class is just a gameplay / development time constraint anyway.

You can of course tie it in with a in-game reason... but it often just feels forced + it just stifles creativity.

I mean, even your premise is kinda weak... because we have engineering and tinkers in-game already. We even had one as a boss and had plenty of engineering / tech based enemies. Lore wise they have existed for a really long time.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Letdown View Post
    To be clear, I'm Team Bard and don't have a huge dog in the Tinker fight, BUT Tinker is a pretty agnostic class concept:
    It's even more agnostic if you call it something like an Artificer; that gives you the engineering aspect, but also justifies things like alchemy and technomancy.

Hell, if you call it an Artisan, you could get rid of Professions and give everything they let you do to the Artisan.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

According to your logic
    Lore-wise a restoration Druid can grow and use all these different types of plants to heal, but they cannot pick a flower because they do not know the in-game profession Herbalism.
    That is beyond "apples and oranges", and more like "apples and space shuttles". Druids don't use plants to heal. Their magic causes plants to bloom. They're not throwing flowers at you to heal you, but their magic.

Quote Originally Posted by puddypounce View Post
    24 days until Tinker reveal by Blizzard. They have been investing an enormous amount of time from their animation and art teams into creating unique racial animations for the class. They see this as a love letter to the most wildly popular new class request.

Alliance:
    Gnomes: Gnomish tech (duh)
    Dark Iron Dwarves: Dark iron type tech (Think the drills and the BRD golems)
    Draenai: Alien crystal tech (you've seen the golems

Horde:
    Goblin: Standard goblin shredder type tech
    Mag'har orc: Iron Horde tech (It looks REALLY good).
    Blood Elf: Netherstorm blood elf type tech

Mail/intellect class.

Three specs:
    Enforcer: Tank. Battlesuit cooldown, with each race having a customized suit. Tank mechanic is built around a shield capacitor, with a focus on building large absorb shields to differentiate from other tanks.
    Alchemist: Healer. This spec plays most similar to how MOP Mistweaver played. There's a focus on self-spreading HOTS (and self-spreading DOTS). Some really cool visuals
    Engineer: Ranged DPS. I don't want to spoil it, but you guys are going to LOVE it.

All of these archetypes have been explored in WOW. The team has a ton of art direction to pull from and they are really excited about how this class came together.

Edit: 23 days!
    never gonna happen, never gonna happen

What are you taking about? We already got Tinkers with Shadowlands. It was the natural point of entry for the class giving that their level of technology would be required to fight the undead. See: Ghostbusters.

5+ Year Old Account
    Only mech users who doesn't know basic engineering and also dip into fantasy that i know about, its The Big Bad Beetleborgs.

18:26
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-04 at 03:47 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Only mech users who doesn't know basic engineering and also dip into fantasy that i know about, its The Big Bad Beetleborgs.
    No, that can't be possible.

They can't transform without specific knowledge of Engineering. Someone on this forum said it so it must be true.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post

18:26

No, that can't be possible.

They can't transform without specific knowledge of Engineering. Someone on this forum said it so it must be true.
    No?? You can’t use any engineering or any form of technology unless you have an incredible deep knowledge on exactly how that item works.

You don’t know every single intricacy of your cell phones and computers?
    Chen isn't a Monk

No?? You can’t use any engineering or any form of technology unless you have an incredible deep knowledge on exactly how that item works.

You don’t know every single intricacy of your cell phones and computers?
    Yes but phones and computers are magic so it doesn't count. Magic doesn't require special knowledge.

#themoreyouknow

I want me to be right too lol
    Be right then. I trust you now.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrexia View Post
    I'm with you on this completely, the biggest thing to put a downer on the next expansion would be the announcement of a Tinker class to the point I would probably not look twice at the expansion.

Well, I probably would but I would have no interest in the new class and my interest would wane fairly quickly.
    At least people like you have the respect and authenticity to say you don't like the class because of the theme. Nobody can debate that or prove you wrong, so it's really all that needs to be said.
    People who come in and argue against tinker fans by listing all these dumb reasons it wouldn't work are just playing Devil's advocate trying to troll people. It's the same shit with all the people saying "high elves never gonna happen lel" on a thread about high elves. Pointless.

I don't like demon hunter because it forces me to play an elf, that's just my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes but phones and computers are magic so it doesn't count. Magic doesn't require special knowledge.

#themoreyouknow
    But I'm also not a mage yet I am typing this post on my phone. So having only a basic understanding of the magic that powers cell phones and Internet, but not actually knowing how to control it, is equivalent to a warrior with the enchanting profession. Yet the mage is a master of magic, that makes him able to use magic as a form of combat.

Same thing with engineering vs. tinker imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    But I'm also not a mage yet I am typing this post on my phone. So having only a basic understanding of the magic that powers cell phones and Internet, but not actually knowing how to control it, is equivalent to a warrior with the enchanting profession. Yet the mage is a master of magic, that makes him able to use magic as a form of combat.
    No no. Typing is language, so everyone can do this.

This is only relevant to using Phones and Computers in combat. Obviously.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    At least people like you have the respect and authenticity to say you don't like the class because of the theme. Nobody can debate that or prove you wrong, so it's really all that needs to be said.
    Let me show you how people can love tech theme and be still against [Tinker] as class idea, basically its problem of iteration that word Tinker, and what it become in WoW universe, if it was Engineer or Technomancer of some sorts that sounds more cooler(daniel) but when people hear Tinker they bound to image it as some gnome/goblin inspired image, if only tech based class had some poster child character that not pure cringe at any moment it does appear in any sort of story.

And its fans not making job easier, such they bound to spam and howl that they are NOT vocal minority, while spamming the very same words and images over and over for a years.

If you know game that called a DotA, there a some characters that was inspired by WC and you can say they somewhat tech based and themed after gnome/goblin tech while doing their comic relief role: Tinker,Timbersaw,Clockwerk,Techies,Gyrocopter.

I love: Timbersaw(lazy lumberjack),Techies(sapper saboteur),Gyrocopter(old af grandpa pilot) their theme is not just a TECH, its tech that themed after some interesting idea, while it keeps its fun part for me.

While i dislike: Tinker(clawpack hands) and Clockwerk(ironman body suit) since i find them both very boring.

And yet none of "Tinker" class ideas for WoW didn't showed any hope on some kind interesting things for me, At best we can hope on some lazy copy-paste of Engineer from GW2, and that's at BEST way to steal others game class idea, and worst case scenario its gonna be some Teriz wet dream D.Va clone with PoKeT FactORy.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-04 at 10:32 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.