Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Zankai27 View Post
    Definitely true; it's less so these days after the un-pruning. Each Shaman spec is definitely more focused in a certain direction, but like what I'm thinking with the Dragonsworn, the base class (and parts of each spec) still has general access to a all manner of abilities
    Makes sense. The specific Dragonflights don't really lend themselves to usual roles anyway.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    They kind of are. There's a pretty strong correlation between Shaman specs and the elements where Elemental = Fire; Enhancement = Air and Restorations = Water.

As for Monks, back before their stances were removed it was Tiger Stance for Windwalker, Ox Stance for Brewmaster and Serpent Stance for Mistweaver.
    If you take that one Ascension spell and ignore all the others, yeah sure. Whatever.

Yeah monks even a Celestial as the icon for their specs. Still got a spell summoning Chi'ji though. Not so closed anymore then.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I like it.
    Being empowered mortals makes the most sense in regards to them being a class.

I would change two things though if this were playable.
    Ability for Drakonids to change their flight at their staring zone & whatever main hub there is in the dragon isles.
    And for masquerade to have a shorter cooldown. Probably a day or less.

One thing that could be interesting for the paragon talents would be a talent that gives you a specialized dragonflight, sort of like the Druid affinities but with more impact on rotation/ aesthetics of the abilities.
    Or something similar to that to one of the other specs.
    Last edited by Nightshade711; 2022-02-22 at 02:12 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I like it.
    Being empowered mortals makes the most sense in regards to them being a class.

I would change two things though if this were playable.
    Ability for Drakonids to change their flight at their staring zone & whatever main hub there is in the dragon isles.
    And for masquerade to have a shorter cooldown. Probably a day or less.

One thing that could be interesting for the paragon talents would be a talent that gives you a specialized dragonflight, sort of like the Druid affinities but with more impact on rotation/ aesthetics of the abilities.
    Or something similar to that to one of the other specs.
    Thank you, I appreciate the feedback! I was thinking it'd be as easy as changing their skin color at the Barber Shop, but I suppose that's a decent bit more thematic, like the Zandalari Loas.

That's probably fair as well. 5 days is a lot for something silly like Masquerade, I was just thinking of a time where people would have to commit to one, but it honestly doesn't matter that much. The variety would be part of the fun of picking the race, after all.

Now *that* I hadn't thought of! And there's a couple Paragon talents I'm a bit iffy on, so I might do just that. It could be that your ""Aspect Affinity" causes an additional effect whenever you perform a Chromatic Champion skill or something. Although thinking about it, with five flights, four damaging CC abilities, and 3 talents in a row, I've got to work out how to actually make it work. I definitely like the idea though. Extra chunky passive fire damage for Black, delayed damage for Bronze, extra dot for Green, that sort of thing.

I've also updated the full concept (on Google Docs) a bit and am in the process of creating tier sets.

Thank you for the feedback!

Knight of the Astral Star Local Ardenweald Faerie's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Coming here to escape the speculation thread for a while.

I really like this one! My only complaint is the lack of two handed swords. If I were to play as a dragonsword/drakonid/dragonkin/dragondragonwhatever, I'd want to be able to use two handed swords on their signature class without having to resort to being a run of the mill warrior!

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    Coming here to escape the speculation thread for a while.

I really like this one! My only complaint is the lack of two handed swords. If I were to play as a dragonsword/drakonid/dragonkin/dragondragonwhatever, I'd want to be able to use two handed swords on their signature class without having to resort to being a run of the mill warrior!
    Thank you! I appreciate the feedback, and honestly I agree that swords should be there. I typically thought of maces (human form Deathwing) and polearms (most Drakonids) as inspiration, but there’s no reason they shouldn’t be able to use swords with every other two-handed weapon available.

I’m glad you like the concept, I’m still fine-tuning it to this day and hope to have an update sooner or later. Here’s hoping with Dragonflight basically confirmed we get something even close to this!

1+ Year Old Account
    Thank you! I appreciate the feedback, and honestly I agree that swords should be there. I typically thought of maces (human form Deathwing) and polearms (most Drakonids) as inspiration, but there’s no reason they shouldn’t be able to use swords with every other two-handed weapon available.

I’m glad you like the concept, I’m still fine-tuning it to this day and hope to have an update sooner or later. Here’s hoping with Dragonflight basically confirmed we get something even close to this!
    I would kill if we got something even close to your race or class. Either or, honestly. As long as it comes with dragon-inspired customizations, I want it.

Though, your Drakonid race has to be my favorite interpretation of it thus far. I'm still not sure what I think about the 5 day cooldown on the transformation racial, but it's certainly different. I'd just have it so you select a race to masquerade as in character creation and you can transform at will IE worgen. Preeeeferably with some customization to make them stand out. Like scales and tails!

Quote Originally Posted by Local Ardenweald Faerie View Post
    I would kill if we got something even close to your race or class. Either or, honestly. As long as it comes with dragon-inspired customizations, I want it.

Though, your Drakonid race has to be my favorite interpretation of it thus far. I'm still not sure what I think about the 5 day cooldown on the transformation racial, but it's certainly different. I'd just have it so you select a race to masquerade as in character creation and you can transform at will IE worgen. Preeeeferably with some customization to make them stand out. Like scales and tails!
    Horns and scales would be awesome! The one caveat I’m concerned about is getting that to look as natural on an elf or a human shape as a Pandaren or Worgen or Troll. Not that it couldn’t be done.

As for the 5 day cooldown, it was mostly to make the choice semi meaningful, and reminiscent of the Zandalari Loa boons, but I suppose since it’s purely cosmetic it honestly doesn’t matter.

My thought for Drakonids was to make them as close to Dragonborn as I felt like they should be; a race archetype I think WoW is still missing considering it’s D&D roots; the breath weapon being my central inspiration there.

Definitely passionate about both Drakonids and the Dragonsworn class; I’d really like the potential and flavor of a dragon class to be realized in some way, and not relegated to a Covenant-like system we’ll forget as soon as 11.0 hits

1+ Year Old Account
    Horns and scales would be awesome! The one caveat I’m concerned about is getting that to look as natural on an elf or a human shape as a Pandaren or Worgen or Troll. Not that it couldn’t be done.

As for the 5 day cooldown, it was mostly to make the choice semi meaningful, and reminiscent of the Zandalari Loa boons, but I suppose since it’s purely cosmetic it honestly doesn’t matter.

My thought for Drakonids was to make them as close to Dragonborn as I felt like they should be; a race archetype I think WoW is still missing considering it’s D&D roots; the breath weapon being my central inspiration there.

Definitely passionate about both Drakonids and the Dragonsworn class; I’d really like the potential and flavor of a dragon class to be realized in some way, and not relegated to a Covenant-like system we’ll forget as soon as 11.0 hits
    Oh god. Imagine it now:

No new playable race or class. Instead, the 5 dragonflights are instead covenants with abilities and tied to them and what not. They are subject to what happened in SL, where you can either choose what you like... or what's actually good for your class.

Comes with rad cosmetics that are subsequently removed or deprecated come 11.0.

*shudder*

Yeah, I'd rather prefer a race or class or both. I can't say I have much experience with Dragonborn, not having played DND in a long, long time, but it does make sense that Blizzard may pull from there given how unoriginal they are at time. *laughs*

I'm a dragon roleplayer. I just want to be vindicated after years of scorn for trying to RP one!

It shouldn't look natural, honestly. Because it isn't. The BG3 alpha does a pretty good job of it with a Draconic Bloodline Sorceror.

Quote Originally Posted by draugril View Post
    It shouldn't look natural, honestly. Because it isn't. The BG3 alpha does a pretty good job of it with a Draconic Bloodline Sorceror.
    You’re right; I think I misspoke; I mean aesthetically, we have horns on elves looking pretty well without looking off. . DHs, Azuregos; just wanting it to look good, and some of those races have janky headboxes (Zandalari would look fine, Darkspear maybe less?)

But maybe I’m overthinking it, I’m all for the idea anyway.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I remember seeing an interview where one of the devs had said they were wanting to do a shapeshifting race in classic, but they were cut because at the time it was too expensive.

Given how animations and Worgen (with separate customizations for each form) work now, I wouldn’t be surprised if they ended up applying that concept to Drakonids, I’d love to see it.

Especially if Drakonids could turn into the allied races.
    Think a Dark Iron or Blackrock Orc (Mag’har) would be very fitting forms for a Black Drakonid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk