Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I used to accept lore as a legitimate reason for class restrictions. But blizzard doesn't give a flying fuck about lore being consistent anymore so there is literally no reason to restrict classes now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    Indeed Tauren wise its because the player character is seen Bloodhoof Clan. But Grimtotem has no issue with rogues and their tactics of stealth and poison.

Runetotem Clan is the one who rediscovered the way of the Druid; but went out to teach this to the Bloodhoof Tauren.

Lore wise it's possible to have Grimtotem Tauren teach Bloodhof Tauren how to be rogues.

- - - Updated - - -

Since when are the Highmountain evil?
    I think they meant the Bloodtotem, later Feltotem.

As for your quote, yes. We had all the existing playable classes taught monk-ery (=-) by visiting pandaren, and we do have in lore Grimtotem who sided with Baine and the rest of the Horde. So imho tauren rogues could totally be a thing.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The race-class locking seems as outdated and mundane as the locked factions in battlegrounds and other instanced content, it only creates more problems, there is no lore reason anymore as to why any race cannot be any class, especially when it comes to the adventurers, it is only due to technicall issues, if blood elves and void elves could do all classes then the non-human races would become even more obscure than what they already are

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    I think they meant the Bloodtotem, later Feltotem.

As for your quote, yes. We had all the existing playable classes taught monk-ery (=-) by visiting pandaren, and we do have in lore Grimtotem who sided with Baine and the rest of the Horde. So imho tauren rogues could totally be a thing.
    Ah yes those guys, with that overdone, (but somewhat funny) reference to the Orcs drinking demon blood. What did it cost? / Everything!

I am all up for team Tauren Rogue!

With regards to Monk for Goblin/Worgen - the reason they don't have monks lorewise is that there were no visiting pandarens pre-cata and it doesn't fit their starting experience. The Worgen druid starts out in alternative lore, as harvest-witches among the agrarian folk before embracing Kaldorei teachings. Likewise, we could have Goblin and Worgen monks who later on embrace the teachings of Kang, the Fist of First Dawn.

Worgen: Monks akin to the scarlet monks in Scarlet Monstery (Wow Alpha discipline priests).
    Goblins: Not sure? :P
    Last edited by Rockefellah; 2022-04-06 at 08:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    Ah yes those guys, with that overdone, (but somewhat funny) reference to the Orcs drinking demon blood. What did it cost? / Everything!

I am all up for team Tauren Rogue!
    Yup. =-)
    Bloodtotem #1: What will this... fel cost us? (paraphrasing)
    Bloodtotem #2: Everything.
    Bloodtotem #3: That doesn't sound so bad. (Not lying that's the response)

rofl

If there's one thing Blizz has always been good at, it's poking fun at itself and not taking itself too seriously.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    i'm hard support of exact opposite, in fact i think what ruined wow lore is how we were easy with nelf female druids and male warriors
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    i'm hard support of exact opposite, in fact i think what ruined wow lore is how we were easy with nelf female druids and male warriors
    A creative decision from Alpha Wow twenty years ago ruined the lore of wow before wow was released?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    I feel like half the people who make posts like this think to themselves "blood elf druid and night elf paladin!" when the reality is, that is a tough pill to swallow when you also introduce Pandaren Demon Hunters, Goblin Paladins and Tauren Rogues.
    There are already Tauren Rogue NPCs in the game right now and since classic even.

https://www.wowhead.com/npc=11911/gr...nary#abilities

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You say that like you have a point... Who's to say some draenie don't think like that these days?

"Those warlocks we're so strong they chased us around the universe, so maybe I should become a warlock since they are so strong and protect my family"
    Because it would be the equivalent of a Jew joining the Nazi party. Godwin's law activate. And even if they did, they would be immediately be seen as hostile by the rest of their race.

hard no. I don't want so see tauren demon hunters. I Don't want to see Tauren Rouges.

I have even problems with some of the existing combinations like Gnome Warrior.

Aside from the point it would not make sense lorewise it would look COMPLETLY ridicoulus.
    Class restricitions are one of the last RPG mechanics in this game after they bombed gearing into oblivioun with purple avalanches.

Edit: There are some i would open up. But never all. Warlock for Draenei? Never. Druid for Bloodevles or Paladin for Nigthelves? Sure. Rouge for Tauren? Nop. DH for anyone else? Also big nope. There are no new demon hunters. Every existing one has allready been there in TBC and the need for more is also not there anymore as they have reached their goal.
    Last edited by VinceVega; 2022-04-06 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderment2 View Post
    Ok? Highborne were excluded from being in the Allaince until they weren't.....

If Blizzard wanted to add warlock Tauren there's a pretty easy link with the Bloodtotem
    I think the rest of them are pretty much extinct.
    To me, it was just a way to introduce Legion-allies from each zone - the Highmountain Tauren, Vrykul, Nightborne and Naga.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    Edit: There are some i would open up. But never all. Warlock for Draenei? Never. Druid for Bloodevles or Paladin for Nigthelves? Sure. Rouge for Tauren? Nop. DH for anyone else? Also big nope. There are no new demon hunters. Every existing one has allready been there in TBC and the need for more is also not there anymore as they have reached their goal.
    They already all exist:
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-combinations

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    There have been Jews that joined the Nazi party in the past
    Yes, and they weren't welcome members of Jewish society.

Is it really needed to have two of these threads going on at the same time?

10+ Year Old Account
    No thank you, there are plenty of reasons, lore for one, you saying that there aren't any is just you ignoring reality and that alone destroys your entire logic and this thread.

After Tauren Paladins I just don't care anymore what race can be what class. Whoever thought it was a good idea was a moron.

I can see new race/class combos opening up gradually, but a broad removal of those restrictions wouldn't help in the ways you think it would. Races are really only restricted by about 2-4 classes and, like it or not, certain race/class combos tell a story.

These classes tie into the history of the races that can play as them and the introduction of new combinations often represents a cultural shift for the race as a whole.

Some combinations may have always existed in lore, but were only limited due to the 6 class limitation in the old character creation UI, like Blood Elf Warriors, Human and Undead Hunters, Dwarf Mages, or Dwarf and Troll Warlocks.

Others were added to reflect and acknowledge advancement in the world's lore.

Tauren Paladins and Priests arrived after the Wrath of the Lich King as Aponi explored the relationship Tauren have with the Light of An'she after witnessing other examples of light worship abroad.

Gnome Priests and Orc Mages came about as a result of their relationship to fellow members of their home faction: Dwarven Priests and Undead Mages.

Night Elf Mages represented the gradual re-acceptance of the outcast Shen'drelar Highborne

Darkspear Druidism came about after the fall of Zalazane, and established a connection between the Loa and other Wild Spirits of the Emerald Dream.

The most recent Race/Class combo that was introduced (outside DK and DH) were Gnome Hunters, the last race since Cataclysm that couldn't choose to be Hunter, and their introduction added a whole new type of pet to the class!

Soon, perhaps, we could see more combinations added, like Blood Elf Druids, Undead and Night Elf Paladins, Goblin and Worgen Monks, and even more Demon Hunter choices in whatever form that might take. I don't think we need to lift all restrictions as a whole (seriously, Trolls and Dwarves are almost omni-class races at this point)
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL im just laughing at all the people trying to "PRESERVE" the "INTEGRITY" of the lore?

Blizzard gave that up A LONG time ago to string together BULLSH** just so they can sell their product(s).

Let it go. You care about the lore more than anyone at Blizzard does.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Just use Human-feet-shaped-boots FFS
    Or... socks... like how is this even a problem? Some thick socks and a hoof is not any more loud or silent then a sturdy boot.

I agree with the OP. This needs to happen. Let ME worry about how my character works in the lore. That is MY problem not anyone else's.

Besides Blizzard is constantly breaking their own limitations anyway. Take Void Elves. We can't be Paladins, but we can be Holy Priests. Why? Because it IS possible to draw on Light and Shadow at the same time, Disc Priests have been doing it for decades.

Nightelves literally have a Paladin in the Class Hall story in Legion. Why can they not be Paladins then?

Aren't our characters individuals? Not to mention quite skilled and powerful ones? How would some old conventions hold them back from becoming something special? It's just nonesense and it needs to be removed.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    hard no. I don't want so see tauren demon hunters. I Don't want to see Tauren Rouges.
    Have a "Bad News" for you, they are both already in game(lore), but not yet made to be playable.

Just look at Doomguard :

(greenfire theory says that they are possible ancestors to Tauren race, that devolved from their demonic-past, to be peaceful cows)

Common BABE, give me evil Baine DH, or let him die atleast.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-06 at 07:48 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    I can't think of any other game that isn't an MMO that locks classes to races. So saying it removes the "RPG origins" makes absolutely no sense to me.
    Race and classes are tied to lore in wow, some make sense as of lore or believe etc. Like some one said a Pandaren Paladin or a tauren rogue doesn't make much sense and it's just stupid.

We should get a few extra options, but not everyone is able to become everything. It never worked like this, so why now? cus of some niche fanclub who wants blood elf shamans? this is exactly the problem in todays world lol. Small group shouts the loudest get things working, even when the majority doesn't like it, but they don't want to scream.