Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Question Which side would dragonflights choose if forced to side with the Alliance or Horde?

Now that the next expansion appears to be focused around the dragonflights of Azeroth...which side do you think they would choose, if push came to shove, and they were forced to side with either the Alliance or the Horde?

Which side would the former Dragon Aspects and their flights choose if hostilities broke out yet again between the two factions, and this time, they could not try to avoid involving themselves in the conflict?

Last edited by OwenBurton; 2022-04-06 at 11:30 PM.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Well considering the history of the orcs/horde any dragonflight that sided with them over the Alliance would have to be retarded.

All the Dragons have had historic connections with Night Elves, so I can see them all being Alliance.

Then you got cases where historically, the Horde enslaved Dragons. Sure, the Horde today is a different Horde, but do the Dragons really see it differently?

So yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    Now that the next expansion appears to be focused around the dragonflights of Azeroth...which side do you think they would choose, if push came to shove, and they were forced to side with either the Alliance or the Horde?

Which side would the former Dragon Aspects and their flights choose if hostilities broke out yet again between the two factions, and this time, they could not try to avoid involving themselves in the conflict?

Honestly i do not see any of them siding with the horde.
    The reds will not have forgotten the old horde's treatment, the greens are longtime buddies with the night elves, the blues are literally on the council of a human city.
    The blacks, though hostile, have always meddled in the human affairs as well, but then Wrathion is a personal friend of Anduin's.
    The bronze have cooperated with thr night elves versus C'thun, and they have a cooperation of sorts mainly with other mages nowadays, but none of it sounds remotely horde-favoring.

So yeah, i would wager neutral in regards to factions, as the alliance's characters and allies outclass the horde to an absurd degree, in this sense as well.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't see any of this happening but it's a fun hypothetical so I'll play along.

Alexstrasza has bad history with the orcs to say the least, so I think Red would side with the Alliance.

Green would obviously also side with Alliance due to their close connection with Night Elves.

Black, if led by Wrathion, would also side with the Alliance because Anduin and Wrathion are best friends or something like that.

Blue would go to the Horde because I think they would vibe with the Blood Elves the best. They have a magical connection, if you will.

Bronze would have to remain neutral because of their sacred task of protecting the timelines. Partaking in a faction conflict just doesn't make sense for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I don't see any of this happening but it's a fun hypothetical so I'll play along.

Alexstrasza has bad history with the orcs to say the least, so I think Red would side with the Alliance.

Green would obviously also side with Alliance due to their close connection with Night Elves.

Black, if led by Wrathion, would also side with the Alliance because Anduin and Wrathion are best friends or something like that.

Blue would go to the Horde because I think they would vibe with the Blood Elves the best. They have a magical connection, if you will.

Bronze would have to remain neutral because of their sacred task of protecting the timelines. Partaking in a faction conflict just doesn't make sense for them.
    Some people noted that all the dragonflights would side with the Alliance. I honestly don't think so. Perhaps the red and green dragonflights, but the others?

Stellagosa was on friendly terms with Valtrois (now a Horde character); Anachronos and the bronze dragonflight helped the Horde recruit the Mag'har orcs; Ebonhorn, a black dragon, is associated with the Highmountain (now a Horde allied race); and according to Twilight of the Aspects, all of the Dragon Aspects are on very friendly terms with Thrall (now a major Horde Council character). He literally saved all their lives and all their flights from Chromatus and later Deathwing himself, that is not something easily forgotten.
    "You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

Red would go Horde. People keep stating that Alexstrasza has bad history with the orcs. And she does. One clan of them.

Her only mortal friend however, is Go'el Thrall. She's not going to blame a whole race over what a demon-corrupted nigh-extinct clan did.

The red flight is also Red. If you think that alone isn't enough to make Blizzard go "Hmm, kids game. Let's keep it simple and color-coded" then you're fooling yourself.

Green Alliance. Black Horde. Blue Alliance if any. Bronze Alliance if any.

They wouldn't side with either one. There's too much connection to both. The Green Dragonflight in particular given the Cenarian Circle consists of two races from each side. Their charges transcend the Alliance/Horde conflict. The whole Demon/Dragon Soul thing is not a "Well the Horde did this to them and..." crap. They were tools used by Deathwing who actually created the thing and then tricked the other aspects into empowering it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Black and Blue, to me, lean a bit more to the Horde than the Alliance - the Black Dragonflight due to its more martial mindset and its long history of aiding the Horde. The Blue because their focus on magic is more aligned with the Blood Elves and Nightborne than any other races. The Red and Green would be more Alliance-focused, especially since the Alliance's emphasis on the Light and Nature resonates more with the thematic underpinnings of the Red and Green Dragonflights.

The Bronzes could go either way, depending; but I agree with the above that they'd probably keep themselves neutral, or possibly join either faction on an individual basis.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Her only mortal friend however, is Go'el Thrall. She's not going to blame a whole race over what a demon-corrupted nigh-extinct clan did.
    Do you think she unfriended characters from day of the dragon for some reason?
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Skytotem View Post
    Do you think she unfriended characters from day of the dragon for some reason?
    Been a while since I read that. But was that not primarily Rhonin, now-dead Dalaran Mage? I won't deny the connection Alexstrasza has to Dalaran. But Dalaran isn't an Alliance city.

Been a while since I read that. But was that not primarily Rhonin, now-dead Dalaran Mage? I won't deny the connection Alexstrasza has to Dalaran. But Dalaran isn't an Alliance city.
    Vereesa is alive, so is Falstad
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Well considering the history of the orcs/horde any dragonflight that sided with them over the Alliance would have to be retarded.
    So you're saying they almost definitely would side with the Horde. Because honestly this is how the whole Nightborne siding with the Horde thing felt. "Geez we know you lent us all that assistance, but you didn't kiss our ass enough, so fuck you we're going with the Horde".

I imagine this hypothetical situation wouldn't come up cause dragons are above the squabbles of mortals that's like asking the venthyr and the Kyrian to choose horde or alliance they absolutely don't give the slightest of fucks

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Black and Blue, to me, lean a bit more to the Horde than the Alliance - the Black Dragonflight due to its more martial mindset and its long history of aiding the Horde. The Blue because their focus on magic is more aligned with the Blood Elves and Nightborne than any other races. The Red and Green would be more Alliance-focused, especially since the Alliance's emphasis on the Light and Nature resonates more with the thematic underpinnings of the Red and Green Dragonflights.

The Bronzes could go either way, depending; but I agree with the above that they'd probably keep themselves neutral, or possibly join either faction on an individual basis.
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Blue literally had an issue with the High elves' magic. Can't see them aligning with them.

Red would go Horde. People keep stating that Alexstrasza has bad history with the orcs. And she does. One clan of them.
    Dude. She was chained and raped. Her children forced to do the Orcs' bidding.
    Last edited by username993720; 2022-04-07 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    So you're saying they almost definitely would side with the Horde. Because honestly this is how the whole Nightborne siding with the Horde thing felt. "Geez we know you lent us all that assistance, but you didn't kiss our ass enough, so fuck you we're going with the Horde".
    Yep, it was incredibly rushed and tone deaf, all the more jarring for how good the Nightborne story had been. Then again, that story was just the BElf story with an actual budget, originally written by far more competent people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Blue literally had an issue with the High elves' magic. Can't see them aligning with them.
    Malygos had an issue with mortals using magic, yes; but others were closer to the High Elves and the majority of Malygos' contingent were wiped out in the Nexus War in any case. Although joining the Horde to watch over the High Elves and Nightborne could additionally be a rationale for some of the Blue Dragonflight, depending on the individual and their personal views.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

3+ Year Old Account
    Red Dragonflight goes Horde zug zug

because RED

Green Dragonflight goes Horde zug zug too

because ORCS ARE GREEN

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    And they would never allow one of those orcs/theleaderoftheentirehorde to wield the power of an entire dragonflight!

I won't deny the connection Alexstrasza has to Dalaran.
    She has a connection to Dalaran? I know her consort did, but did she herself?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Dude. She was chained and raped. Her children forced to do the Orcs' bidding.
    And yet, in the Warcrimes novel, she was called as a character witness and retold how she had been tortured and held captive by the Dragonmaw orcs in Grim Batol during and after the Second War, but when asked what she would do if she could confront those who had tormented her, the Life-Binder replied that she loved all life on Azeroth, including the orcs, and that she would forgive her torturers if they came from the past and genuinely asked her forgiveness.