Poll: What lego system do you want for Dragonflight

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    I think the Legendaries that are given for "free" are not that Legendary. I surely don't regard my Legendaries in Shadowlands, BFA and in Legion the same way as i would do if i had Thunderfurry or The Hand of Ragnaros. But unfortunately the same applies to my epic items as well.

Imo, a class should be perfectly tuned and playable without any external OP item in mind and a few of the people that are extremely lucky to have one and have worked hard on top of that luck to acquire it, then gj to them.

So yeah, Vanilla all the way for me. But, If it is too much of a hassle, nowadays, that the colour of the item is not very important as it is its ilvl, then probably make another colour that dwarfs a Legendary item that is truly unique, available to very few per server.
    Ive been saying forever that blizz should bring the old legendary style (shadowmourne, thunderfury, Sulfuras, etc) back, but change the name to "mythical" and make the color of the items red.

Give everyone their free legendaries, but also make a team of people work for ONE thing, for ONE player, to make the group better. This doesnt need to be obtainable in pvp. From a lore perspective, you dont need a mythical weapon for pvp combat anyway.

I also think the SL model was pretty decent overall except:-

1) having to pay crazy gold for base items.
    2) having to run gimmick content repeatedly (Torghast) as the only viable source of the currency
    3) key recipes gated behind raid bosses.
    4) Legendries being locked to specific gear slots (making you feel bad when you get a great drop that you dont want to equip as it is in the same slot).

I'd suggest:-

• Swap Legendary Items for a Legendary Talents interface. No overlap with gear that way, no need for bag space, and allows players to "craft" them in any order they choose , building their collection/options up over the course of the expansion. No RNG "recipe" drops required, and the abilities can be carried into future expansions easily and expanded/balanced as needed. Power is limited by only being able to equip one at a time. Removes the horrible borrowed power feel.
    • Have the currency required to craft Legendries drop from all core content (PVP / Dungeons / Raids / World content) in appropriately scaled amounts.
    • Have a growing weekly cap per character to prevent AP grinding but allow catchup.
    • Have all legendries available to choose from.
    • Allow for upgrades each patch - equivalent to the ilvl upgrades on gear we have now.

I think there is still a place for cool cooperative group content acquired legendries items (Val'anyr etc) for guilds to work towards over the course of a patch/expansion - but have any extra stats or abilities these provide only function in the content type in which the legendary item mats are ground out in - e.g. if the mats drop in a raid, the item is only functional in raids environments - that way PvP'ers aren't forced to raid to improve their PvP power etc.

MoP/WoD was hands down the best system. Everyone gets one, did not involve dumb RNG and had you actually play the game without your eyes bleeding from farms.
    Classic/Wrath/Cata were also solid, with the exception that you had to glorify 1-3 players in the guild.
    SL was just bullshit, from the crafting the base item 99999999 times to level it up, to farming Torghast, to having to craft another one because blizzard buffed it.
    Legion was and will forever be the most retarded crappy system ever added, because even when you eventually got lucky to get one, you could still be unlucky and get one that is barley any better than a regular item.
    TBC was barley better than Legion, you just had to be lucky and glorify a few people.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I voted for Legion as I didn't really mind the RNG drops personally (even though it took 9 legendaries before my BiS dropped), but I think more people would be okay with the system they added in 7.3.5 where you could buy them from a vendor.
    This is the right way, meaningful but not gambreaking, except a few. And random drops with the possibilty yo target the one You want. Do this from the beggining and we're good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance, faction of compromises and unfulfilled desires. Want Vrykul? Here is compromise in form of kul tiran half giants we never heard of. Wanna High elves? Here is compromise in form of void elves we never heard of. Wanna broken draenei? awww fuck it
    About ganking ("world pvp") being dead now
    Quote Originally Posted by Sliske View Post
    Maybe you could wear a mask and push over little kids while they walk home from school instead?

None honestly. Leggos are one of two things... powers that should be backed into the class or game breaking items.

Both are not healthy for the game.

How about NONE?

I never liked legendaries. I hate big power spikes. Incremental power gains is where it's at - less exciting, perhaps, but a lot more equitable.

That being said in PRINCIPLE I like the SL ones the most - modular, craftable, easy to acquire. They have flaws, still, but they're better than the previous iterations.

How legendary is an item if everyone has that item? In my opinion the current legendary system we have should have just been baked into each of the classes as spells or passives. That's basically all it is except you have to grind Torghast in order to produce the spell or passive ability. A legendary item should be just that, legendary. Very few people should have this item. If you see someone in Stormwind or Orgimmar that has a legendary item you should be awe struck at that individuals achievement. Currently you would be hard pressed to find someone without a legendary which goes back to my original point. In saying all that I feel the legendary system should go back to being the Vanilla WOW iteration, and the current system for a legendary item should just be baked into the current classes. All classes need a complete refresh anyways, but that is a topic for another time.
    Last edited by Groundwalker; 2022-04-07 at 02:04 PM. Reason: grammar error

Quote Originally Posted by Groundwalker View Post
    How legendary is an item if everyone has that item?
    By that logic, how epic are epic items when they are more common that items labelled as 'Common'?

Quote Originally Posted by w0nderd0g View Post
    I also think the SL model was pretty decent overall except:-

1) having to pay crazy gold for base items.
    2) having to run gimmick content repeatedly (Torghast) as the only viable source of the currency
    3) key recipes gated behind raid bosses.
    4) Legendries being locked to specific gear slots (making you feel bad when you get a great drop that you dont want to equip as it is in the same slot).

I'd suggest:-

• Swap Legendary Items for a Legendary Talents interface. No overlap with gear that way, no need for bag space, and allows players to "craft" them in any order they choose , building their collection/options up over the course of the expansion. No RNG "recipe" drops required, and the abilities can be carried into future expansions easily and expanded/balanced as needed. Power is limited by only being able to equip one at a time. Removes the horrible borrowed power feel.
    • Have the currency required to craft Legendries drop from all core content (PVP / Dungeons / Raids / World content) in appropriately scaled amounts.
    • Have a growing weekly cap per character to prevent AP grinding but allow catchup.
    • Have all legendries available to choose from.
    • Allow for upgrades each patch - equivalent to the ilvl upgrades on gear we have now.

I think there is still a place for cool cooperative group content acquired legendries items (Val'anyr etc) for guilds to work towards over the course of a patch/expansion - but have any extra stats or abilities these provide only function in the content type in which the legendary item mats are ground out in - e.g. if the mats drop in a raid, the item is only functional in raids environments - that way PvP'ers aren't forced to raid to improve their PvP power etc.
    Something like this. The whole mismash of Tier/Dom + leggo then double leggo was such a mess. Have a specific non-normal gear slot (like old school focus type items from TBC). Plus the base item issue is so punishing for new players.

7+ Year Old Account
    7.3.5 Legion legendaries or MoP/WoD style legendaries with a long questchain full of lore. The Legion artifacts/order halls stories fulfilled this more or less and I want more stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    By that logic, how epic are epic items when they are more common that items labelled as 'Common'?
    Thank you for proving my point.

7.3.5 Legion was the best if you ask me.
    RNG drop with a bad luck protection vendor if you dont get the bis one.

The main thing I didn't like about the Shadowlands one is the fact that it costs a lot of gold for each legendary. There are plenty of legendaries even on my main that Id love to have to experiment and have fun with...but I just dont because it feels bad to drop that much gold on a ,,for fun only,, legendary.

MoP and WoD were pretty cool but a bit generic with their effects.

Wotlk and Cata I could get behind if the acquisition rate was a bit faster. It felt bad if you can't get the lego in a reasonable amount of time just because 2 guild officers are in line in front of you. I really liked the special quest lines you get to do for them though.

Quote Originally Posted by ek0zu View Post
    I think the Legendaries that are given for "free" are not that Legendary. I surely don't regard my Legendaries in Shadowlands, BFA and in Legion the same way as i would do if i had Thunderfurry or The Hand of Ragnaros. But unfortunately the same applies to my epic items as well.
    Depends on how you view a Legendary. The quality of an item refers to the power it gives the player, not the rarity. It used to be rarity, but that hasn't been the case since WotLK.

I feel like instead of Shadowlands legendaries, they should use the Artifact system from Legion (but not as big) and then have a real legendary similar to Vanilla/BC.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundwalker View Post
    Thank you for proving my point.
    The point is that for a very long time now, those labels had nothing to do with rarity but quality.

I'd love for it to be a combination, but understand logistically and fairness wise why that wouldn't necessarily be possible. Too imbalanced.

Some drops from bosses with iconic, legendary weapons or gear. Some made by professions and imbued with power through a quest or some just straight up quest rewards or some straight up RNG drop with a vendor that sells those RNG ones if you have enough of the currency.

As with any other power based reward I think options would be a good thing.

I personally hated the RNG version. The only two legendaries I ever got were the tanking boots for Demon Hunter in Legion...as a DPS (which felt terrible) and the cape from MoP because it didn't require a group effort and I didn't have a set raid schedule or anything and could work on it at my own pace. That felt nice.

So if I had to pick one, I'd pick a quest chain that everyone could do.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    The point is that for a very long time now, those labels had nothing to do with rarity but quality.
    To quickly summarize this in a means of my opinion on how gear should be:

A character in green items = leveling
    A character in blue items = Max level running entry level dungeons/long quest chains
    A character in purple items = raider/max level dungeons
    A character with a Orange item = Holy crap! Where did you get that!?

Currently what gear looks like:

A character in green items = Never see it
    A character in blue items = leveling
    A character in purple items = leveling/entry level dungeons/max level dungeons/raiding
    A character with a Orange item = Holy crap! Why didn't you craft half a dozen of these?

End of Legion hands down. Got a duplicate? Just throw it in the shredder, get currency and buy the one you dont have.

Go Destiny 2 model. Some are random drops and others are quest chains or feats. Let people have a reason to get them all. Now players will pick the flavor of the month and hope it doesnt change because it costs a token to get one.

Late legion. I had all of them by then, could do fun things depending on my mood and getting new ones on alts was something that happened after a while on it's own due to currency. Fuck early legion's RNG fiesta and everything after Legion, especially SL, though.

I'm open to legendary quests if they stay ingame and aren't gated behind organized raiding. But that requires effort which Blizzard isn't willing to put into it anymore.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I voted for Legion as I didn't really mind the RNG drops personally (even though it took 9 legendaries before my BiS dropped), but I think more people would be okay with the system they added in 7.3.5 where you could buy them from a vendor.
    This is the thread, discussion concluded. Also I loved when we could equip two. There was often one that felt mandatory, but the second one felt less so and more room as a customization choice. (Part of the reason SL current "second" fails for me, we can't chose what it does...)

3+ Year Old Account
    SL but without Thorgast