Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account
    Depends. Historically all of them but the Green flight have been dipping their toes everywhere. I can't see any flight besides the green one aligning itself entirely with one faction, unless you're basing it off of solely one character or colors.

Blue - Are attracted to magic/power. They'll go where magic is bountiful which is on the Horde side, but the Alliance has a biased Dalaran and some returning magic elves. The Alliance and Horde also both have powerful magic users, even if Jaina is the token mage for the story.

Red - They have a terrible history with orcs, but that was somehow mostly pinned onto Garrosh and orcs that sided with him (who we killed). Then again, they seem to have favored Thalassian culture and are similarly snappy/aggressive despite still having an association to nature/healing.

Black - They have a lot of drama going on with human kingdoms, but their only two "leaders" are heavily biased in two different directions. Wrathion is Anduin's best friend and dubious advisor, while Ebonhorn is Mayla's advisor and is openly a part of the Horde because of his loyalty to the High Mountain. I can't see any other remaining leaders like Sabellion wanting much to do with either faction or motal races in general.

Bronze - They have the widest variety of forms and put their mission above mortal factions. They'll ask anyone and everyone to help when they need it, regardless of the politics so idk. They're the most true neutral by far.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Based on which faction causes the least problems, the Alliance and that's by an extremely long margin.
    The problems in MoP, WoD, Legion, BFA and Shadowlands are all the Hordes doing (yes, Garrosh and Sylvanas were Horde warchiefs. You don't just get to wash the blood of your hands just because you kicked them out at the last minute).

Alexstrasza would never align with Orcs. Ysera is pro Night Elves and I assume that carried over onto the rest of her faction. The blue's like magic and Humans have the most Magic promenance. Black's leader, and one of the few left alive, is Anduin's power-bottom.

Only the Bronze dragonflight is close to a 50/50.

5+ Year Old Account
    Red+Black Alliance, Blue+Green Horde, while Bronze remains neutral.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Red+Black Alliance, Blue+Green Horde, while Bronze remains neutral.
    Green going Horde after the Nelf genocide? Riiiight

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This could easily be a beef the Blue Dragonflight maintains with the Kaldorei Highborne, who are more the direct inheritors of that group's prior actions as opposed to either the Nightborne or the Blood Elves, who while once connected to the Kaldorei Hightborne have become offshoots and/or evolutions at this point in time. Additionally, the Blue Dragonflight has pre-existing connections to both Horde races - with the Blue dragons of Aszuna enjoying good relations with the current rulers of Suramar, and the Dragonflight's own Aspect Kalecgos having once been in love with an incarnation of the Sunwell of the Sin'dorei.
    "The Azurewing, a remaining brood of blue dragons led by Senegos, make their home in Azsuna on the Broken Isles. They come under attack by the Nightfallen, who seek to drain the mana from the dragons to feed their addiction."

"Anveena Teague appeared to be a kind and beautiful human peasant girl from Tarren Mill. Unbeknown to anyone, she was in fact not a human at all, but rather the remaining energies of the Sunwell transfigured into the form of a human avatar by the red dragon Korialstrasz."

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    "The Azurewing, a remaining brood of blue dragons led by Senegos, make their home in Azsuna on the Broken Isles. They come under attack by the Nightfallen, who seek to drain the mana from the dragons to feed their addiction."
    Thalyssra's group never attacked the Azurewing, and Stellagosa (the daughter of patriarch Senegos of the Azurewing) strikes up a strong friendship with Valtroix, formerly of the Nightfallen and now a Nightborne arcanist of high standing in Suramar.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    "Anveena Teague appeared to be a kind and beautiful human peasant girl from Tarren Mill. Unbeknown to anyone, she was in fact not a human at all, but rather the remaining energies of the Sunwell transfigured into the form of a human avatar by the red dragon Korialstrasz."
    Kalecgos, now Aspect of the Blue Dragonflight, was also in love with Anveena Teague and swore to continue to hold vigil over the restored Sunwell and by extension the Blood Elves who were intrinsically connected to it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Thalyssra's group never attacked the Azurewing, and Stellagosa (the daughter of patriarch Senegos of the Azurewing) strikes up a strong friendship with Valtroix, formerly of the Nightfallen and now a Nightborne arcanist of high standing in Suramar.

Kalecgos, now Aspect of the Blue Dragonflight, was also in love with Anveena Teague and swore to continue to hold vigil over the restored Sunwell and by extension the Blood Elves who were intrinsically connected to it.
    Kalec and Jaina romance is much more recent and much more relevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by ipoststuff View Post
    Kalec and Jaina romance is much more recent and much more relevant.
    Agreed, but Kalec's vow is still applicable, and a number of the Blue Dragonflight also are both curious about and protective of the Sunwell due to its nature as a potent source of magic.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    She has a connection to Dalaran? I know her consort did, but did she herself?
    The red flight and Kirin Tor teamed up in the Nexus War and Rhonin of Dalaran was vital in freeing her from the Dragonmaw Orcs after the Second War.

Obviously the Alliance.

The Horde capital is named after the guy who literally allowed Alexstrasza to be raped.

Dragons always had a close friendship with the Kaldorei. They can also develop a friendship with the Ren'dorei.

For you see, it is stated by Alleria Windrunner that the Ren'dorei have resisted the whispers that bent even the will of Dragons. The knowledge and powers of the Ren'dorei would undoubtedly be seen as vital by the Dragons, who would ask the Ren'dorei to teach them how to defy the whispers (The Ren'dorei are the first mortals in the Cosmos to accomplish this btw), the same whispers that broke the will of many dragons, as I was saying.

It's not even a question, all flights would clearly choose to join the Alliance.

Given what happened in Grim Batol, I feel the reds would side with the Alliance. Orcs bad, and Wildhammers can empathize with their plight. Plus Falstad and Vereesa were instrumental in freeing Alexstrasza.

Given her love of Tyrande, I feel like Ysera would take the greens Alliance. However, if any flight would go neutral, I'd see it as them, given the close connection to druidism and the general neutrality that the druid organizations have.

For the blues, Kalec siding with the Alliance due to Jaina seems pretty obvious, but I could also see the magic connections with the Nightborne and Silvermoon pulling them Horde. Ultimately, I think they'd go Horde.

Wrathion already sided with the Alliance back in MoP, so I feel like he'd likely to do so again. Thus, I think the black flight would go Alliance (particularly given how few of them there are).

Lastly, the bronze flight is easy. We already know Nozdormu goes on to become a villain, so based on historical precedent, he'll go Horde.

Thus we have Alliance (Red/Black), Horde (Blue/Bronze), and Neutral (Green).

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    Red would go Horde. People keep stating that Alexstrasza has bad history with the orcs. And she does. One clan of them.

Her only mortal friend however, is Go'el Thrall. She's not going to blame a whole race over what a demon-corrupted nigh-extinct clan did.

The red flight is also Red. If you think that alone isn't enough to make Blizzard go "Hmm, kids game. Let's keep it simple and color-coded" then you're fooling yourself.

Green Alliance. Black Horde. Blue Alliance if any. Bronze Alliance if any.
    Except in the history Alexstrasza have been working with alot more alliance.

Rhonin, Aegwynn, Fandral and even presided over the marriage ceremony of Malfurion Stormrage and Tyrande Whisperwind.

But I dont think they would pick side unless 1 side was threatening the health or future of Azeroth.

7+ Year Old Account
    when it comes to the dragonflights its not a question of who does the dragons side with.. its a question of who does the horde and alliance side with.. do we side with the dragons as has previously been how its gone, or is blizzard this time around taking us a different route and having the dragonflights actually be our enemies?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Green going Horde after the Nelf genocide? Riiiight
    “The vassal of life disguises treachery. Beware the eyes of green”
    Green Dragon goes rogue, and becomes new evil warchief of the Horde.
    What best possible way to get revenge for Nelfs, if not abuse a authority of warchief, and just show horde how is it to be fodder meat, once again.Lmao
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-07 at 08:55 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Horde killed a bunch of blue dragons to get the focusing Iris, Dragonmaw are part of the horde and they captured,, tortured and raped alexstrasza to make mounts, even killed her own children in front of her so she would make more. I don't think they would be choosing sides, but I don't think really any of the dragon flights would side with the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    Except in the history Alexstrasza have been working with alot more alliance.

Rhonin, Aegwynn, Fandral and even presided over the marriage ceremony of Malfurion Stormrage and Tyrande Whisperwind.

But I dont think they would pick side unless 1 side was threatening the health or future of Azeroth.
    Rhonin and Aegwynn are not Alliance. And yes, she was at the marriage to bless Teldrassil. But she was also at Thrall's marriage ceremony.

The Red Dragon with the Blood Elf appearance is definitely going to end up with the Horde, if any.

They would all be alliance because the alliance are the good guys.

Deathwing would pick the horde but his son would go alliance because hes anduins best friend.

Ysera is tied in with the night elves, Alexstraza was captive to the horde, Nozdormu can see the future and probably knows that the horde is always going to be the baddies, wrathion is anduins friend and kalec is jainas cringe boyfriend.

Its honestly cut and dry

Red going Horde is absolute madness, only the Green would go Alliance faster and just barely. I honestly cannot believe some people think they'd go Horde other than the easy Red=Horde joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    Red going Horde is absolute madness, only the Green would go Alliance faster and just barely. I honestly cannot believe some people think they'd go Horde other than the easy Red=Horde joke.
    "but the horde had red dragons in warcraft 2!"
    jk

no dragonflight would go with the horde, imagine wanting to join the badguys who started 2 world wars?
    Unless there is a big shake up when we get back to azeroth where turalyon has made enemies of the dragonflights i just dont see it.

at best they are all neutral for gameplay purposes or there are splinter groups between the flights where all the good dragons go alliance and some bad upstarts join the horde

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmoth13 View Post
    "but the horde had red dragons in warcraft 2!"
    jk
    The dragons in WC2 were all green, with wings and hair colored to match their faction. The dragons weren't turned into red dragons until well after the game, when Blizzard decided to diversify into lots of colors. I never understood why they opted to make Alexstrasza red instead of just keeping her with green scales for historical consistency.