Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When i was going into d3 i was completely ignorant about ARPGs and i envisioned it as Lost Ark currently is, where i go in lvl up my char, do dungeons, do bosses with interesting mechanics, collect stuff, do pvp, etc. It was nothing like that and i detested it.

However, Lost Ark is not successful yet in the global market, people are thirsty for new MMOs but they don't play for more than a couple of months as we have recently observed with SOLO, NW & Blessed Unleased. Lost Ark has released less than a couple of months ago, i currently play it and i like it, but i don't see it being very successful in the long run, its player count has already decreased by a lot, which is expected, but many people will soon realize that it is just not worth it to pay so much money on a "free game". I bought the platinum edition because it is a game that i greatly expected for years, but i won't pay any more money for at least a year, i don't care about progressing fast and if i cannot reach Tier 3 (endgame) within a reasonable timeframe i will probably drop it and return to either WoW or FFXIV or GW2.

It is very hard for a p2w game to be successful in the west and for the better, nevertheless, in order to return on topic, a good Diablo game that plays like Lost Ark, it is not free, but has some microtransactions, to keep development going, that are not predatory can be very successful. But as another one here said and i completely agree, isometric camera is a bit of a turn off for MMOs and i don't think that any game no matter how good it is can become a giant of the MMO industry with that camera style.

I agree with you ek0zu. There are some lessons to be learned from Lost Ark. The combat is very fun, and I love all of the skill animations. Any game that comes out with the polish of LA, the great combat without, and with none of the P2W aspects/ Grind will be a massive hit. Hopefully Blizzard is paying attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't Lost Ark need to have success for this question to be valid? It just came out on the West and it already lost 3/4 of the players...

Quote Originally Posted by m4xc4v413r4 View Post
    Wouldn't Lost Ark need to have success for this question to be valid? It just came out on the West and it already lost 3/4 of the players...
    WoW has less than a 10% player retention rate compared to the amount of players that have tried it and thats a success, LA is still top 5 in steam and its free to play, a game being profitable is more than enough to be a success, not the amount of ppl still playing it.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

We have a diablo MMO, its called WoW and that shift in game play didnt make WoW more successful.

I would love a real Diablo MMO like WOW but Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    WoW has less than a 10% player retention rate compared to the amount of players that have tried it and thats a success, LA is still top 5 in steam and its free to play, a game being profitable is more than enough to be a success, not the amount of ppl still playing it.
    I wouldn't be surprised even as F2P, it's raking in cash. I have a friend who tends to bounce around MMO's and is always into FotM trends (as he always had to play the perceived highest DPS class in every WoW patch, things like that), and he spent over $10,000 USD so far on Lost Ark. Quite a bit more than he normally would spend on an MMO, but I highly doubt he's the only one who does this since he's not even that gung ho about being the best of the best, just having the best stuff.

What a Diablo MMO would have going for it is name recognition and an established fan base for the IP. I'd say one of the reasons that WoW has held on for so long is name recognition, and why it managed to boom to success was that the company had a lot of good rep and name ID going into WoW (along with other aspects, this was just one that helped). This doesn't mean a Diablo MMO would have success, it just has a higher chance. The downside is that Blizz has some baggage to its name, and the company is less about the "Blizzard polish" and more corporate product pushing.

At this point, I think Riot's MMO probably has the best shot considering the wide recognition of League of Legends around the world. I honestly have no idea of LoL's player base numbers, but I can't imagine it's small. Sure, not everyone will be interested in switching to an MMO of the same IP, but you'll have a lot more people willing to give it a chance and try it out.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    lol are you seriously comparing a 16+ year old game at it's lowest point with a game that just hit it's peak a couple months ago? Damn, that's some mental gymnastics you're doing there to try and defend that game...

I'm sorry your favorite game sucks man, but facts are facts, and the game just went from it's peak to 1/4 of it in a couple of months, but good luck with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised even as F2P, it's raking in cash. I have a friend who tends to bounce around MMO's and is always into FotM trends (as he always had to play the perceived highest DPS class in every WoW patch, things like that), and he spent over $10,000 USD so far on Lost Ark. Quite a bit more than he normally would spend on an MMO, but I highly doubt he's the only one who does this since he's not even that gung ho about being the best of the best, just having the best stuff.

What a Diablo MMO would have going for it is name recognition and an established fan base for the IP. I'd say one of the reasons that WoW has held on for so long is name recognition, and why it managed to boom to success was that the company had a lot of good rep and name ID going into WoW (along with other aspects, this was just one that helped). This doesn't mean a Diablo MMO would have success, it just has a higher chance. The downside is that Blizz has some baggage to its name, and the company is less about the "Blizzard polish" and more corporate product pushing.

At this point, I think Riot's MMO probably has the best shot considering the wide recognition of League of Legends around the world. I honestly have no idea of LoL's player base numbers, but I can't imagine it's small. Sure, not everyone will be interested in switching to an MMO of the same IP, but you'll have a lot more people willing to give it a chance and try it out.

The problem for Blizzard is not the bad history but the major lack of talented designers which kills any hopes for the future. The "ihatetolistentowhatplayerswant" devs squads along with their colleagues from the "ilovetosmellmyownfarts" department. Those people are still there and that culture alive and well unless Microsoft orders one day their replacement.

People want Blizzard to make a killer diablo mmo when D4 looks a like mild attempt to fight with Wolcen for the 5th place in arpg rankings.

lol are you seriously comparing a 16+ year old game at it's lowest point with a game that just hit it's peak a couple months ago? Damn, that's some mental gymnastics you're doing there to try and defend that game...

I'm sorry your favorite game sucks man, but facts are facts, and the game just went from it's peak to 1/4 of it in a couple of months, but good luck with that.
    WoW was at around 10% retention at its highest popularity in WotLK, thats when they released information of over 100 million unique accounts, all games lose players overtime there is no exception, still having a steady 300-400k plus players concurrently playing is more than enough to be successfull, try looking up some basic information before posting so you dont embarass yourself.

Ppl play games and then get bored, it happens with everything and LA will be no exception either, so its hardly my favourite game just a game that is enjoyable for now. A game is a success if it makes more than it costs to run. Also LA is a 3 year old game not just something just released, most of the hardcore fans have played it on russian or korea servers and still playing it on the west release.

Diablo could work as an MMO but it would need far more things to do like LA offers to keep ppl playing.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-04-08 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW was at around 10% retention at its highest popularity in WotLK, thats when they released information of over 100 million unique accounts, all games lose players overtime there is no exception, still having a steady 300-400k plus players concurrently playing is more than enough to be successfull, try looking up some basic information before posting so you dont embarass yourself.

Ppl play games and then get bored, it happens with everything and LA will be no exception either, so its hardly my favourite game just a game that is enjoyable for now. A game is a success if it makes more than it costs to run. Also LA is a 3 year old game not just something just released, most of the hardcore fans have played it on russian or korea servers and still playing it on the west release.

Diablo could work as an MMO but it would need far more things to do like LA offers to keep ppl playing.
    AHAHAH good joke there kid. You should really take your own advices there, good luck with your favorite dead game.

Lost ark isn't even top 20 on twitch anymore. Game is a p2w pile of garbage.

AHAHAH good joke there kid. You should really take your own advices there, good luck with your favorite dead game.
    It seems you cant take correct information because it proves you to be wrong, even in WoWs prime it still only hovered around 10% player retention, you are just embarassing yourself with the clear lack of knowledge, lost ark has been going on for 3 years with no problems and it will go on for far longer.

Simple fact is blizzard are not really capable of making an interesting game that will hold lots players for a long period, D4 will be good for a while but it probably wont have great retention.

Probably more successful. About the only think LA has on Diablo is variety of classes, but that's not that big a hurdle. I guarantee a Diablo MMO would be a much better QoL and UX, the lore and aesthetic/ambience are much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeons View Post
    Lost ark isn't even top 20 on twitch anymore. Game is a p2w pile of garbage.
    Basically the bald one and a couple of his fellow whales are carrying the whole thing around on their back

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Probably more successful. About the only think LA has on Diablo is variety of classes, but that's not that big a hurdle. I guarantee a Diablo MMO would be a much better QoL and UX, the lore and aesthetic/ambience are much better.

- - - Updated - - -

Basically the bald one and a couple of his fellow whales are carrying the whole thing around on their back
    The diablo games also lack variety of content, i spent 1000 plus hours on D3 but it still lacks other things to do so unless in D4 they add other things to do then LA beats it on content, thats the main reason games kinda fail is that not enough things to do are implemented, I like the diablo universe but it gets boring when killing enemies is all that the game really offers.

Also mentioning any games in relation to twitch viewers is pointless and has nothing to do with the game at all.

The diablo games also lack variety of content, i spent 1000 plus hours on D3 but it still lacks other things to do so unless in D4 they add other things to do then LA beats it on content, thats the main reason games kinda fail is that not enough things to do are implemented, I like the diablo universe but it gets boring when killing enemies is all that the game really offers.

Also mentioning any games in relation to twitch viewers is pointless and has nothing to do with the game at all.
    I mean, it seems obvious that if the Diablo IP were being developed into an isometric MMO/ARPG akin to Lost Ark, it won't just be adventure mode that you see other people in. It would mean making the world bigger. But I also bet MS/ABK would put more effort into world-building that outdoor "zones" were just a small catacomb of narrow lanes like in LA, either.

10+ Year Old Account
    It seems you cant take correct information because it proves you to be wrong, even in WoWs prime it still only hovered around 10% player retention, you are just embarassing yourself with the clear lack of knowledge, lost ark has been going on for 3 years with no problems and it will go on for far longer.

Simple fact is blizzard are not really capable of making an interesting game that will hold lots players for a long period, D4 will be good for a while but it probably wont have great retention.
    Here we go again with the crying.

Mate, how dumb are you to say they had 10% player retention at their prime when numbers where going up? So according to you they had 10% player retention, so 90% would leave the game, and since the player numbers were going up, let's say 10% increase just for the example, so according you you they had 100% brand new players every time they measured it... damn, that's impressive, in a game with millions of players, I guess entire countries were starting and stopping to play WoW.

Again, keep crying about that dead game, I don't need your made up statistics to see LA numbers going down every single month. The game is already basically dead in the West and is going to be dead soon, continuing in the East were it came from.

5+ Year Old Account
    Best possible MMO out of Blizzard its crossover, WoW vs Diablo vs Starcraft as triple fraction game that would explain their war between worlds, since Horde vs Alliance already so dry af. In this way Diablo as part of multiverse would sell very well as MMO.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Here we go again with the crying.

Mate, how dumb are you to say they had 10% player retention at their prime when numbers where going up? So according to you they had 10% player retention, so 90% would leave the game, and since the player numbers were going up, let's say 10% increase just for the example, so according you you they had 100% brand new players every time they measured it... damn, that's impressive, in a game with millions of players, I guess entire countries were starting and stopping to play WoW.

Again, keep crying about that dead game, I don't need your made up statistics to see LA numbers going down every single month. The game is already basically dead in the West and is going to be dead soon, continuing in the East were it came from.
    Can you not do some simple math, 100 million accounts had been created by WotLK, around 12 million at WoWs peak, that equals around 12% retention at its highest, at this point a ton more accounts will have been made so i doubt WoW has even 5% retention currently.

This is information blizzard actually posted as a company so you completely embarrassing yourself with your clear lack of knowledge and ability to search some simple facts.

I dont care at all how many players play a game, as long as its enjoyable i play it, also if you look up some simple information to find Lost Arks playerbase has remained steady the past few years, if it was dead it wouldnt have a steady 300-500k players on a monthly basis for the past 2 years.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-04-09 at 08:39 PM.

I guess Diablo 4 will be the answer to this question, sice it's going to be an actual MMO instead of single player with the option to have a few other players join in.