Poll: ??

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Turalyon isn't High King, though. He's been leading in Anduin's absence, which Anduin is extending. He's still just the interim leader of the Alliance, and he doesn't have all the support of the Alliance (e.g. Shaw suggesting Genn should take charge). While we might see a "Vol'jin" treatment with a few lightforged sprinkled around, I wouldn't expect to see any major characters added. For reference, name a major darkspear character that emerged during Vol'jin's reign; even Rokhan, the Darkspear hero from WC3, barely did anything in WoD while Vol'jin was warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    Turalyon isn't High King, though. He's been leading in Anduin's absence, which Anduin is extending. He's still just the interim leader of the Alliance, and he doesn't have all the support of the Alliance (e.g. Shaw suggesting Genn should take charge). While we might see a "Vol'jin" treatment with a few lightforged sprinkled around, I wouldn't expect to see any major characters added. For reference, name a major darkspear character that emerged during Vol'jin's reign; even Rokhan, the Darkspear hero from WC3, barely did anything in WoD while Vol'jin was warchief.
    Technically yes. But Anduin is really doing everything he can to fuck up his position as High King. No queen, no heirs, not returning to retake his throne... he is really being selfish.

The SW nobility might decide that Turalyon is a surer bet for a stable kingdom, he is bringing all that a king would need. Legitimacy is historically a very ... malable concept, if the people accept him (or if he can make them accept him), then he is legitimate. If he had a daughter his best play would be marrying that one to Anduin in absentia to get his blood into the line. But at least he DOES have an heir and a queen.

To be honest I would love this to take part similar to how Orgrimmar changed over MoP patches slowly removing races, adding more NPC's over time and different events happening in the city.

It makes sense that Turalyon becomes the new leader of the Alliance both of out experience and his role of leading Stormwind City so I hope that it could start small with him replacing the guards around the Royal Keep and then you could see conflict between SI:7 NPC's as Turalyon replacing more and more around the city.

Could even add ''Forcefully Retired Stormwind Guards'' in the taverns complaining over how they been replaced and so on.

There are endless possibilities to bring some minor conflicts into the Alliance similar to how Garrosh and Vol'jin had it up until a fullout rebellion took place but I highly doubt Blizzard will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    Technically yes. But Anduin is really doing everything he can to fuck up his position as High King. No queen, no heirs, not returning to retake his throne... he is really being selfish.

The SW nobility might decide that Turalyon is a surer bet for a stable kingdom, he is bringing all that a king would need. Legitimacy is historically a very ... malable concept, if the people accept him (or if he can make them accept him), then he is legitimate. If he had a daughter his best play would be marrying that one to Anduin in absentia to get his blood into the line. But at least he DOES have an heir and a queen.
    Despite being held by the King of Stormwind since its conception, the title of High King is not actually tied to Stormwind's royalty. The only step required to replace them is the Alliance's leadership choosing someone else.

10+ Year Old Account

Truly at this point everything depends on Anduin and what he decides. If he decides he himself is too fucked up from his predicament in the Shadowlands to rule and abdicates or leave a regent to temporary rule in his stead it would more than like be Turalyon but I can only see him being a temporary regent until Anduin "heals" from his issues because no matter how open the Alliance is to other races they would never be fine with Anduin fully abdicating his throne to a man with his half elven prodigy. But in fairness we don't really know much about the noble families that council among the kingdom of man. So much hinges on decisions of Anduin and the nobles of Stormwind when you consider that this is a situation for only humans to decide.

None of the other faction leaders have children. Except Moira. And Thrall who's official position is.... unclear. That and it was pretty clear the Alliance largely prefers Turalyon to Anduin.

Turalyon isn't High King, though. He's been leading in Anduin's absence, which Anduin is extending.
    So he's currently the leader of Stormwind's forces, the Lightforged & his wife leads the Rin'dorei. That's a pretty big force on its own. If the Alliance Power Couple wanted to commit a few war crimes the other Alliance leaders are in a much worse position to stop them than even the Horde during Sylvanas' whole deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    So he's currently the leader of Stormwind's forces, the Lightforged & his wife leads the Rin'dorei. That's a pretty big force on its own. If the Alliance Power Couple wanted to commit a few war crimes the other Alliance leaders are in a much worse position to stop them than even the Horde during Sylvanas' whole deal.
    Oh, I'm not suggesting that Turalyon lacks military might. Granted, the Lightforged and the Ren'dorei are the smallest sects of the Alliance forces, with the Army of the Light nearly wiped out in the assault on Argus and the Ren'dorei being a small camp of researchers that fell prey to the whispers of the void. However, if Genn does make a move the way Shaw suggested, I would expect the Night Elves to back him, and given Genn's work in Kul Tiras, the Kul Tirans as well. I could see Kurzan taking the dwarves with Turalyon, and that would likely bring the gnomes along with them. I've no clue where Stromgarde would fall in all this, and the Draenei would be split between the Night Elves and the Lightforged, so I'm uncertain on them as well. It would be an impressive civil war, at the very least!

Oh, I'm not suggesting that Turalyon lacks military might. Granted, the Lightforged and the Ren'dorei are the smallest sects of the Alliance forces, with the Army of the Light nearly wiped out in the assault on Argus and the Ren'dorei being a small camp of researchers that fell prey to the whispers of the void. However, if Genn does make a move the way Shaw suggested, I would expect the Night Elves to back him, and given Genn's work in Kul Tiras, the Kul Tirans as well. I could see Kurzan taking the dwarves with Turalyon, and that would likely bring the gnomes along with them. I've no clue where Stromgarde would fall in all this, and the Draenei would be split between the Night Elves and the Lightforged, so I'm uncertain on them as well. It would be an impressive civil war, at the very least!
    You are underestimating them.

The Army of the Light is, well, an "Army", and we see that they have been engaged in conflicts with the Legion throughout the Universe, because Lothraxion brought the Aurobos (dimensional spaceship comparable to Xenedar and Vindicaar) to some unknown location in the Cosmos to fight the Legion.

While they were depicted as a desperate group of survivors in Legion, and this portrayal was met with a lot of negative, storywise they are a massive army of all species that oppose the Legion and they were able to fight the Legion and halt their Burning Crusade for aeons, and on multiple fronts. As I was saying earlier, it's likely we haven't even seen the bulk of the Army. The Aurobos is certainly nowhere to be seen.

The Ren'dorei are now in a leading position of all factions of Thalassian Elves who back the Alliance instead of the Horde, and would see Quel'Thalas restored to the Alliance. Blizzard went to great length to show us that the Ren'dorei have also accepted Quel'dorei and Sin'dorei in their ranks, and it seems like Vereesa just follows Alleria around wherever she goes. So the Silver Covenant would follow Alleria wherever she goes.

And since Turalyon is now High King and Lord Commander of All Alliance forces, it is likely that many other armies will aid him. Emboldened by the successful reclamation of Stromgarde, many in the Alliance, House of Nobles included, will likely seek to reclaim other former holdings of the Alliance.

I would absolutely not underestimate these two groups, the Lightforged Army and the Ren'dorei. They are now in a prime and leading position and they can absolutely accomplish their goal.

The bottom line here is that they are not in a worse position than the Darkspears (insignificant minor tribe) should have been when they literally besieged Orgrimmar from the front and were taking heavy losses, and still didn't retreat.
    Last edited by Varodoc; 2022-04-09 at 10:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    This seems a logical conclusion to come to.
    You presume logic plays a large role in story development.

It's rule of cool > than all - though there is no reason why a good story progression could not have really cool things.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Since Turalyon will fully assume the role of High King in 10.0, can we expect his Army of the Light to "replace" Stormwind Army, so to say, as the main leading force of the Alliance?

When Varian returned as High King in WotLK, the Dwarves were kicked out of the spotlight they shared with Humans and Stormwind became the sole leading force of the Alliance. People constantly joke about "Empire of Stormwind" because right now the Alliance does feel like it.

In the Horde, when Vol'jin became Warchief at the end of MoP, I remember seeing a lot more Darkspear forces in WoD. When Sylvanas became Warchief in Legion, the Forsaken stepped out of the shadows and became the main leading force of the Horde.

Is it thus not reasonable to assume that, going forward, the "Human Potential" and "Empire of Stormwind" memes will finally die, and at long last we'll see new faces leading the Alliance? Since the Army of the Light is an army of Draenei and Turalyon, for all intents and purposes, is a Draenei weeb.

A note on the Void elves, here I have two points to raise:

- Alleria Windrunner is the wife of Turalyon, which would make her "High Queen", in practice if not in name;

- Alleria in-game is located in the War Room next to the Throne Room, where Turalyon rules. We can thus reasonably infer that Alleria will play the role of "Secondary Main leader" in 10.0, as Turalyon's chief advisor, which justifies Blizzard putting her so close to him.

And thus, can we also not reasonably conclude that the Ren'dorei will also become a new leading force of the Alliance? Especially with all the talk about revamping Quel'Thalas, which we know is the prized objective of the Ren'dorei (they seek to bring Quel'Thalas back into the Alliance). As recently as the Eastern Kingdom exploration book, which Canonically takes place after the Fourth War, Mathias Shaw noted that Alleria Windrunner is certain that Quel'Thalas will stand with the Alliance again. And so it would make sense to feature the Ren'dorei in a leading position, no longer a minor allied race.

Either way, to cite another thread on the frontpage, it seems like Blizzard has finally found the way to make the Alliance more popular and interesting. It's not exactly a secret that most people are tired of the oversaturated Human component of the Alliance, so I really hope that going forward the Lightforged and the Void elves will kick Humans out of the spotlight and become the new "leading/main forces", so to say, of the Alliance.

Which means that we might see a lot more NPCs of these races in the future, I am ready in both body and mind ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    All plausible, none likely. It would be nice to have -but how many really interesting developments have fans pondered on that haven't happened? Largelybecause they don't really develop race focused, which is a shame. THe worse is when what they give, actually is more disappointing than what fans come up with. It at least should be better..

But then in all fairness, fans have grown and improved a lot since 2004, and actually have come with some really decent ideas and suggestions.

Doubt it.

At the end of the day, Jaina will be returning to Azeroth so between her and Genn, they will be acting as the Alliance leadership. Turaylon and Alleria, along with their forces, will just be figure heads only. Leading only by lore, not in practice.

And if they villain bat Turaylon and the Light-zealots then it's obvious Jaina, Genn and Mathias will be there to stop him. Mathias doesn't even like Turaylon being leader anyway.
    Plus, attention will also be given to the Night Elves, because Night Elf fans won't stop going on, until they see a new home, so that's another thing that will require attention.

I think it is almost crystal clear to a lot of us that either Turalyon or Alleria are going to be written as the bad guys at some point, most likely with an ending where the good one out of the pair will have to make the difficult decision of dealing with the other. In order to achieve said status, a lot of muscle needs to stand at either one's back and that is precise why the forces of the light will have to first play a more central role.

None of the other faction leaders have children. Except Moira. And Thrall who's official position is.... unclear. That and it was pretty clear the Alliance largely prefers Turalyon to Anduin.
    Untrue:
    Genn even without his son, has his daughter Tess and a Queen to hold the throne if necessary.
    Tyrande has officially adopted Shandris as her daughter.
    Alleria has Arathor, the same as Turalyon
    Mekkatorque... ehm... either has an army of clones ready to transfer his conciousness or his mecha-upgrade makes him immortal anyway.
    Jaina still has a brother to take the role of Admiral if necessary

The house of Wrynn and the Kingdom of Stormwind is by far the easiest to destroy. Sylvanas could have ended the line at various points in the last years and there would have been no backup. Anduin has no more family (that we know of) and he is nowhere close to immortal. He needs to marry and get heirs, that is one of the kings most important duties.

I fucking hope not. Night Elves should get a lot more say in the Alliance affairs, not some newly sprouted flavors of light and void.

7+ Year Old Account
    Both races won't get featured again save some cameos. Unless they get villain batted
    Lightforged are just shiny draenei and Void Elves are void of lore

Dwarves are the only true master race of the Alliance
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Alliance = humans

Should have been Voidforged (Krokul) Draenei and Light Elves.

5+ Year Old Account
    I can see that and a return of the Draenei's presence in general.

Or we'll see more dwarves that 5 fans asked for (/s).

I know that people hate Elves, but elves are like eevees. They each have a different mystical flavor and different aesthetic.

I don't get that from The British Humans, The Gothic British Wolf humans, the British Pirate humans, the Scottish Medium-sized humans, The Scottish Emo Medium-sized humans, the Go-go Gadget small humans, and the Steampunk small humans. They have their charm, but I'm sick of seeing it. The elves at least feel more distinct beyond accents and hairstyles.

Although Alleria has an accent too...haha
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Alliance = humans
    Turalyon is a human.

The idea is he'd be indoctrinating humans into the Lightforged Army.

Turalyon is a human.

The idea is he'd be indoctrinating humans into the Lightforged Army.
    Lightforged custom for humans

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    Should have been Voidforged (Krokul) Draenei and Light Elves.
    the beloreforei are playable in the horde we have golden eyes I hope they give us light tattoos in 10.0

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    Lightforged custom for humans

- - - Updated - - -

the beloreforei are playable in the horde we have golden eyes I hope they give us light tattoos in 10.0
    Originally you would say high elves were the light elves.

But by giving blood elves golden eyes you also create a light elf group amongst them.

However high elf paladins and priests should also be able to have golden eyes too.

They should make it a thing of the pure high elves only imo. Blood elves should have red eyes