Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zhorteye View Post
    Murozond (Nozdormu) was never killed on our timeline.. we used the hourglass in the caverns of time to kill him on a different timeline.. so meeting him on our timeline isnt out of the realm of possibilities.
    He is dead. He existed out of time and was not part of the End Time time-strand. So while that strand of time no longer ocurs because we stopped it the leader of the infinite flight still dies. The remaining infinite dragons helped set up the events that enabled Warlords of Dreanor but did so with out their original leader. It is always possible they find a new leader but to encounter Murozond would just seem like a missed opportunity to create a new leader. Remember they were setting up Kairozdormu to be the new leader before Garrosh killed him and he was going to create a orc horde version of the infinite flight.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

I kind of buy the dragon/ void theme because it popped up quite a few times here and there, but I don't buy the dialogue or story here.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    The Pandaria one didn't either. The 4chan one sounds good, but that last line - "glittering with every colour of the rainbow" - sounds like a little joke about the staff at Blizzard.

Could the Rainbow bit be a reference to this thing?

This leak is not true.

While I like this one more than the Alexstrasza one leaked on 4chan, this one feels like a 10-minute dialogue, and cinematics usually has few lines and sits at around 3-5 minutes in length.

While more boring, the Alexstrasza cinematic seems more likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Could the Rainbow bit be a reference to this thing?

Tiamat!?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm fairly sure there's no actual way someone could see a cinematic before the announcement? Like they're not finished until a week before and they're not showing it to media or anyone other than the people involved in making it. The idea that these people were sat down in a room and shown the trailer is unbelievable to me.
    Also "I only saw it once and might not remember everything but it was exactly 3:37 long" might be the worst thing to say to make a leak seem legit. If you did actually see the trailer before its release and only had one viewing, you wouldn't be paying attention to how long it is.

At this point the thing I'm most excited about is that all these fake leaks from burner accounts will stop it almost doesn't matter what the expansion even is.

The biggest problem with this is that it's completely obtuse to people who aren't already indoctrinated to the lore. An opening cinematic would have less talking & more action: Something that will be appealing to people who don't already play wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Tiamat!?

Close. It is based on Tiamat, but the actual name is Chromatus. It was a pet project that Nefarian was working on but couldn't figure out how to bring it to life until the "Twilight Father" (aka Archbishop Benedictus) gave it life. However it was defeated, but it never died.

It isn't dead, undead, or alive, just...in-animate and trapped in an Arcane Prison somewhere. Its body is indestructible that not even the most powerful spells could destroy it.

Galakrond is dead and it's body is nothing but a skeleton in Dragonblight. So, the only other creature more powerful than any other dragon is this thing.

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMama View Post
    This leak is not true.
    "This statement is false"

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong here but I'm fairly sure there's no actual way someone could see a cinematic before the announcement? Like they're not finished until a week before and they're not showing it to media or anyone other than the people involved in making it. The idea that these people were sat down in a room and shown the trailer is unbelievable to me.
    The idea is that its someone who likely works for blizzard trying to get around their NDA by posting anonymously. Real leaks usually happen in result to the ordeal of producing Blizzcon so this season's leaks are especially incredulous.

But the idea that they're not done with the cinematic until right before it gets shown is extremely wrong. That might be true but typically, like movies, opening cinematics are finished MONTHS before they're shown to the public. (They were ready to show the cinematic in February before they cancelled Blizzconline, not because of the cinematic not being done, but because they didn't want to deal with the huge wave of negative press simultaneously) The features trailer is typically the thing that's more of a hassle to make, since its usually shown a year before the actual release date & has to reflect actual in-game assets. You might remember the Shadowlands features trailer after the cinematic teaser basically only showed some environments & some Kyrian.
    Last edited by Ersula; 2022-04-10 at 02:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    Close. It is based on Tiamat, but the actual name is Chromatus. It was a pet project that Nefarian was working on but couldn't figure out how to bring it to life until the "Twilight Father" (aka Archbishop Benedictus) gave it life. However it was defeated, but it never died.

It isn't dead, undead, or alive, just...in-animate and trapped in an Arcane Prison somewhere. Its body is indestructible that not even the most powerful spells could destroy it.

Galakrond is dead and it's body is nothing but a skeleton in Dragonblight. So, the only other creature more powerful than any other dragon is this thing.
    Interesting, that sounds like an end of expansion level boss. He probably lacks brains though, Tiamat is very intelligent, that much I remember from D&D.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Interesting, that sounds like an end of expansion level boss. He probably lacks brains though, Tiamat is very intelligent, that much I remember from D&D.
    Actually I remember from the book that Chromatus was surprisingly eloquent for a creature that'd just been created, I guess he still has the smarts from the 5 dragon heads used to make him.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post

The 4chan version.

Make your own conclusions.

- - - Updated - - -

I think this one is fake as Galakrond wouldn't work for final boss.
    Why? lol

Galakrond the father of all dragons wouldn't work for a final boss....but...Argus works? a random world soul who was in the story at the end of an expansion... or the jailer some random new made up bad guy who is suddenly the reason everything that has ever happened since wc3.. we draw the line at Galakrond? why...cause he's dead? LOL that's never stopped blizzard before..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Another N'zoth expansion? Murozond back from the dead? Random mention of the void? Yeah sounds terrible.
    Murozond back from the dead...he hasn't died in our timeline?

I like this, only because I like people interacting with their future selves as a trope, but if they were going to do this they would have done a crash course in 9.2 on Nozdormu, Muzorond and Galakaras. Like I'm moderately interested in the lore and I couldn't tell you why Galakaras is bad.

If it were real (ehhh..) seems more a zone ending cinematic or an end patch one. Like we spend 10.0 simultaneously trying to stop Muzurond and fighting void thingies, plotlines converge in this climax.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Atia View Post
    This. The 4chan leaks reads awesome and super epic and it sets the tone for the expansion. This just reads like bad fanfic and has again too much story and blabla going on alongside stuff that's better told ingame.
    My only issue is that it doesn't tell us what the threat is, like cool dragon, cool Azeroth is our home. And? What's the threat...
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lachlol View Post
    Cinematics usually resolve around a single point of plot - a simple action taken from a bigger event:

- arriving at Broken Shore,
    - an attack on Lordaeron,
    - fight of Sylvanas and the Lich King.

Here we have absolutely everything mixed up for no reason - dagger, Aspects, Wrathion, Murozond, N'zoth, Galakrond. Nope, this would not work for a marketing / cinematic.
    You'd also need to work on dialogs a bit as these are absolutely lame and drama is on the edge of being cringey.
    It honestly feels like a description of an in-game prerendered-cutscene, rather than a cinematic.
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Murozond back from the dead...he hasn't died in our timeline?
    He did. He was "outside of time" when we killed him in the End Time dungeon. It is possible that we encounter him in what would be his past since time travel is involved but he is dead. However dead has never meant much in the lore if Blizzard wants someone back. It just feels cheap to me to bring him back to be involved and some weird paradox if he is the cause of Nozdormu being corrupted. The whole what came first chicken or egg thing.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Op is lonely and will lie just to feel important.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    My only issue is that it doesn't tell us what the threat is, like cool dragon, cool Azeroth is our home. And? What's the threat...
    I have to ask.. do we really need one big overarching threat every single expansion?
    Why cant we just go back to simpler times where the story didnt have to happen in one flow, but could fan out into multiple? (Look at classic, with multiple threats ie: The Scarlet Crusade in SM, Blackrock orcs in Blackrock mountain, Scourge in the plaguelands, Trolls in Stranglethorn, Murlocs and naga as major threats in Southshore (for a little while).. Does it really have to all be 1 big enemy that we have to fight? Why cant we just go back to being adventureres, even if for just one expansion.. We shouldnt have to save the world/cosmos every 2 years.

-TLDR: Its okay to have a proper "lets explore some stories" expansion rather than always having to fight the next big world threat.