Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    We already have Dark Rangers. They're called hunters. As for Night Warriors, they should never be a class. Canonically, Tyrande is the ONLY mortal to survive becoming a full blown Night Warrior. All others were eventually torn apart by the power.

- - - Updated - - -

They weren't. Their evolution was just sped up from when they were protodrakes.
    However you want to phrase it.

My main source of wow lore tends to be wowpedia and it says, "Dragons (known as nelghor in orcish[1]) are immense, powerful, winged reptilian creatures, created from proto-dragons by the titans and keepers to safeguard the world of Azeroth millennia ago."

You say tomato I'll say tomato... its all still the same thing.

When you read a little further apparently, the proto dragons evolved from elementals

All of this 100% points to new tinker class.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    No precedent for new classes having to match the theme of the expansion? Erm.... What?
    No precedent for a class not matching the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    However you want to phrase it.

My main source of wow lore tends to be wowpedia and it says, "Dragons (known as nelghor in orcish[1]) are immense, powerful, winged reptilian creatures, created from proto-dragons by the titans and keepers to safeguard the world of Azeroth millennia ago."

You say tomato I'll say tomato... its all still the same thing.

When you read a little further apparently, the proto dragons evolved from elementals

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon?so=search

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragon_Aspects

It definitely says in those lore articles that the Titans creating the dragons is actually a lie that the Aspects encourage. The reality is that the dragons were created when the Pantheon imbued them with power. The Titans didn't create dragonkind. Though their ancestors are elementals.

So...no. None of this points to a tinker class if the expansion is dragon themed.

We already have Dark Rangers. They're called hunters.
    sure, in the same way we already have tinkers, bcs we have gnomes and goblins with engineering profesion

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    no it doesnt... at all...
    dragons have fuck all to do with technology, and all to do with magic, so if anything, anything related to them points AWAY from tinkers...

After April 19th Tinker threads should be banned.

Blizzard can ass pull any reason they want to add a new class at any time.
    Tinkers: High Engineer Mechatorque and Gazlowe pass on their knowledge to other races to build new armaments and mechanical weapons to take on the new threat.
    Bard: NPC so and so trains a new group of people their magic infused music and weaponry to instill new power into their comrades during battle to take on the new threat.
    Dark Rangers: (let’s be honest, these are really just Forsaken Hunters). With Sylvanas exiled to the Maw and no current true ruler of the Forsaken, these undead warriors seek new paths in their existence. In doing so, NPC so and so (or Lilian Voss, if you will) leads a new group of Undead Dark Rangers in teaching their mastery over shadow and death to new races to take on the new threat.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    sure, in the same way we already have tinkers, bcs we have gnomes and goblins with engineering profesion

- - - Updated - - -

no it doesnt... at all...
    dragons have fuck all to do with technology, and all to do with magic, so if anything, anything related to them points AWAY from tinkers...
    Well....yeah. Tinkers already exist in game. They're just called engineers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Blizzard can ass pull any reason they want to add a new class at any time.
    Tinkers: High Engineer Mechatorque and Gazlowe pass on their knowledge to other races to build new armaments and mechanical weapons to take on the new threat.
    Bard: NPC so and so trains a new group of people their magic infused music and weaponry to instill new power into their comrades during battle to take on the new threat.
    Dark Rangers: (let’s be honest, these are really just Forsaken Hunters). With Sylvanas exiled to the Maw and no current true ruler of the Forsaken, these undead warriors seek new paths in their existence. In doing so, NPC so and so (or Lilian Voss, if you will) leads a new group of Undead Dark Rangers in teaching their mastery over shadow and death to new races to take on the new threat.
    Dark Ranger as a full class would be a massive waste of time. You're right about them being Forsaken hunters though they are specifically undead quel'dorei/sin'dorei hunters. Ranger is just the word for hunter amongst the quel'dorei/sin'dorei. It would be like asking for Vindicator to be made into a class since Vindicator is literally just what draenei call paladins.

I'm hoping the leak is true and we break tradition and get class skins and miniclasses

I'd be fine if the new claases/skins hot a similar level of attention as our artifacts in Legion

Quote Originally Posted by lassner View Post
    Hey Guys!

I apologize in advance if this Thread is unneeded because the Topic could have been discussed in another already existing Thread,i just felt like it wouldnt have gotten much Feedback in any of the 100+ Pages Threads.

So here is the thing:

According to Blizzard (and i am sure alot of ppl here would agree) a new Class always has to make sense in reagards to the next expansions theme or story.
    So that naturally means that we might never get certain classes, as awsome and cool,maybe even unique they might be, if they never aligned with any expansions theme.

as an example, if blizzard had a pretty cool concept for the tinker (i know) but no expansion would ever heavily focus on steampunk-technology, simply because the story would never develop in that kinda direction, then this class would never have a chance of appearing in the game.

same goes for any other class, if it just so happened that the story/theme of the next 10 expansions doesnt align, some classes might never get added to the game.

now why is this a flawed way of handeling things?

well, im not very good with wow lore, but i am sure demon hunters (for example) made alot of sense in legion, however at various points before and after legion,there werent alot of demons around, you know, the all-life-threatening-ones, so DH's made alot less sense then.

but you are not adding any new class to the game SOLELY for the lifespan of one specific expansion, that class will obviously still be there for every bit of content afterwards, and obviously for everything that came before that.

considering all of this, is the "rule" from the threads title still valid?

if the next expansion is really dragon based and we got the tinker/necromancer/bard, that wouldnt make alot of sense right?
    but why would it matter anyway?
    going by that logic, blizzard might aswell never add any new feature of any kind if that feature doesnt match the expansions theme, and im fairly sure that happened before.

tl;dr: when you add anything to the game, like a new class, you are not adding it exclusively for that expansion but for the entire game and all of its content, so it shouldnt hinder blizzard to add anything at any time imo.

so what do you guys think?
    Blizzard already addressed this but I’ll try to simplify stuff

It’s not added just for that expansion true HOWEVER it is added at a time it makes sense storywise

I want Dragonsworn to be the next class. So yeah I want classes to match the exp theme.

Do NOT compare me to him. Just because I'm right doesn't mean you can just accuse me of being someone else.
    But you're anything but right. Not to mention your original comment was not only completely unwarranted, but also unhelpful.

And I don't want to derail this, but to demonstrate how "not right" you are, do you remember how Tyrande survived the Night Warrior power? By spreading it to other people. Which means we can have a bunch of people with "diluted" versions of the Night Warrior power, i.e., a potential class possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    Blizzard already addressed this but I’ll try to simplify stuff

It’s not added just for that expansion true HOWEVER it is added at a time it makes sense storywise
    i see :[

well, its an outdated way of doing things imo, look at the horde&alliance grouping situation: it was basically "we will never consider this ever!" for 17 years until they realized that times changed and it just makes alot more sense to allow cross faction groups

i feel like it should be the same way with classes, add them because they enrich the game and provide a very strong and fun reason for players to resub, regardless of "does this class fit with the next expansions theme"

otherwise they gimp themselfes for as long as a future expansion by accident has the matching theme for a potential new class.

i see :[

well, its an outdated way of doing things imo, look at the horde&alliance grouping situation: it was basically "we will never consider this ever!" for 17 years until they realized that times changed and it just makes alot more sense to allow cross faction groups

i feel like it should be the same way with classes, add them because they enrich the game and provide a very strong and fun reason for players to resub, regardless of "does this class fit with the next expansions theme"

otherwise they gimp themselfes for as long as a future expansion by accident has the matching theme for a potential new class.
    I would agree if they were rolling a dice to determine the next expansion theme but it’s planned so they aren’t gimping anything. They have the class planned and the theme planned long before they actually make it

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    But you're anything but right. Not to mention your original comment was not only completely unwarranted, but also unhelpful.

And I don't want to derail this, but to demonstrate how "not right" you are, do you remember how Tyrande survived the Night Warrior power? By spreading it to other people. Which means we can have a bunch of people with "diluted" versions of the Night Warrior power, i.e., a potential class possibility.
    I am 100% correct. Dark rangers are nothing but undead elven hunters. Ranger is simply just the high elven term for hunters in the same way vindicator is the draenei's word for paladin. Also, Tyrande did NOT spread it around when she performed the ritual. The night elves in the area just got empowered by being in proximity. Then while in the Shadowlands, a ritual was performed to try and split up the power to save her but even then it was going to kill her. It took intervention from the Winter Queen and Elune herself to prevent Tyrande from being consumed by the power of the Night Warrior.

So...no. There is 100% no potential for a class. Again, Tyrande is the only mortal to survive the power of the Night warrior and it was only because of the help from godlike entities.

Eh. I don't think this is some hard requirement.

There's also some classes that would never really fit the theme of an expansion or at least would never been the primary theme of an expansion.

Hey Guys!

I apologize in advance if this Thread is unneeded because the Topic could have been discussed in another already existing Thread,i just felt like it wouldnt have gotten much Feedback in any of the 100+ Pages Threads.

So here is the thing:

According to Blizzard (and i am sure alot of ppl here would agree) a new Class always has to make sense in reagards to the next expansions theme or story.
    So that naturally means that we might never get certain classes, as awsome and cool,maybe even unique they might be, if they never aligned with any expansions theme.

as an example, if blizzard had a pretty cool concept for the tinker (i know) but no expansion would ever heavily focus on steampunk-technology, simply because the story would never develop in that kinda direction, then this class would never have a chance of appearing in the game.

same goes for any other class, if it just so happened that the story/theme of the next 10 expansions doesnt align, some classes might never get added to the game.

now why is this a flawed way of handeling things?

well, im not very good with wow lore, but i am sure demon hunters (for example) made alot of sense in legion, however at various points before and after legion,there werent alot of demons around, you know, the all-life-threatening-ones, so DH's made alot less sense then.

but you are not adding any new class to the game SOLELY for the lifespan of one specific expansion, that class will obviously still be there for every bit of content afterwards, and obviously for everything that came before that.

considering all of this, is the "rule" from the threads title still valid?

if the next expansion is really dragon based and we got the tinker/necromancer/bard, that wouldnt make alot of sense right?
    but why would it matter anyway?
    going by that logic, blizzard might aswell never add any new feature of any kind if that feature doesnt match the expansions theme, and im fairly sure that happened before.

tl;dr: when you add anything to the game, like a new class, you are not adding it exclusively for that expansion but for the entire game and all of its content, so it shouldnt hinder blizzard to add anything at any time imo.

so what do you guys think?
    Blizzard should not restrict themselves to that tbh

I am 100% correct.
    No. No, you're not. In everything you wrote there, there is not a single correct statement.

And your rebuttal to my claim about the night warrior shows that you didn't even bother to do basic research, considering I wasn't talking about the moment Tyrande got the power of the Night Warrior back in BfA.

Good day.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Do NOT compare me to him. Just because I'm right doesn't mean you can just accuse me of being someone else.
    You're not right, and you are making comparisons he would to try to prove you are right. Therefore look everyone, it's Teriz!

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    You're not right, and you are making comparisons he would to try to prove you are right. Therefore look everyone, it's Teriz!
    Except I am 100% right. Dark rangers are nothing more than undead quel'dorei/sin'dorei hunters. Ranger is literally just what they call hunters like how draenei call paladins vindicators. Just because I've given a reason as to why dark ranger are already playable doesn't mean I'm suddenly Teriz.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    No. No, you're not. In everything you wrote there, there is not a single correct statement.

And your rebuttal to my claim about the night warrior shows that you didn't even bother to do basic research, considering I wasn't talking about the moment Tyrande got the power of the Night Warrior back in BfA.

Good day.
    https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Nig...rior?so=search

"Though Tyrande held onto the power of the Night Warrior far longer than anyone expected, it was clear that she too would eventually succumb.[7] At the request of Shandris Feathermoon, the Night Fae Covenant gathered together the souls of several former Night Warriors in Ardenweald. They performed a ritual to divide the Night Warrior's power between them all, though even that appeared insufficient until the Winter Queen herself intervened, prompting Elune to possess Tyrande directly."

But as usual you likely won't admit you're wrong despite being totally and utterly wrong.

I'm not entirely sure how the leaks can fit given this idea, however, surely given that there are four dragonflights to account for....

Red/Life, Blue/Magic, Yellow/Time, Green/Emerald Dream...surely the smart thing for blizzard to do that will fit the theme is to create as the leak suggests, one new spec only class that fits thematically with each single dragonflight?.

I can see how the pan flute playing class will fit the green df, the time mage healer the yellow, however not sure how tinker fits with this theory.

Also making a black dragonflight race that mechanically are similar to worgen where they can be any base race with a dragon form on top would make sense and fit thematically, whilst also paving the way for cross faction gameplay being introduced. So you could be an Orcish black dragon, under the alliance banner for example.