Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    People like this guy are the ones who are killing the game. They don't care about lore or RPG, they are just average gamers who jumped into this game as they could have done it with FIFA or COD. They have no love for Warcraft and its universe, and I hope Blizzard stops listening to these guys.
    Haha, nice one.

Take anyone who says they want rewards for afking on world mobs opinions with a truck load of salt. I've not seen an argument for any of these systems beyond they waste time as though that is a benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    I'm glad you agree with him. He's more-or-less right about you.
    Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Groundwalker View Post
    My statement has absolutely 100% nothing to do with what MMO is better than the other. Thank you for playing though.
    You literally said that FF was the 100 times better RPG. Since they are both an MMORPG you are literally saying that FF is better. Don't try to change what you said. We all saw what you actually said.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    You literally said:

"Um, what you are replying to is exactly what Final Fantasy does, and Final Fantasy is 1000x more of an RPG than WOW has been in over a decade. "

Those words are copied and pasted from your post. And no, you didn't say MMO. You said RPG. But both games are MMORPGs. You can't have one without the other, just like you can't have water without getting wet.
    Here, let me help you: "Final Fantasy is 1000x more of an RPG than WOW has been in over a decade."

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    You literally said:

"Um, what you are replying to is exactly what Final Fantasy does, and Final Fantasy is 1000x more of an RPG than WOW has been in over a decade. "

Those words are copied and pasted from your post. And no, you didn't say MMO. You said RPG. But both games are MMORPGs. You can't have one without the other, just like you can't have water without getting wet.
    Um, there are several games...in fact probably more that are RPG's, and have absolutely zero MMO elements to them. Perhaps a google search would bode you well before making the statement, "you cant have one without the other."

Quote Originally Posted by Kalivox View Post
    The amount of systems in Slands really do be absurd though. If it weren't for all the catchup mechanics it would actually be terrifying to do anything with an alt. I feel really bad for new or returning players
    Its not to bad. Annoying to get flying, beyond that meh. Way faster than BFA was.

I haven't played since nyalotha. Came back, 5 days 50-60, unlock flying, 80 renown, 226 soulbinds, 1st lego crafted.

I need to finish up the storyline for the current patch to get the 2nd leggo belt. And do some rep grinding to be able to craft 2nd leggo on any slot. 1 week to raid ready for normal isn't terrible. Plus you can actually get your BIS lego, unlike legion. I had to level 3 demon hunters and 2 Paladins to get BIS legos before the currency system.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post

I haven't played since nyalotha. Came back, 5 days 50-60, unlock flying, 80 renown, 226 soulbinds, 1st lego crafted.

It's because you came back in the last patch, where the game is playable. You should have played since at launch, to have a real taste fo the crappy systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    Don't worry, with the latest firings or "goings" of the systems design team (good riddance jeff) 10.0 actually has a good shot at not having some uninspired grinds that overstay their welcome.

I almost forgot there where actually fun and rewarding grinds once in this game, since Legion it felt like occupational therapy for people with too much time.
    I wouldn't be so sure, the guy was responsible for the Azerite Traits, Corruption Gear, and the Shards of Domination, but he wasn't in charge stuff like the Conduit system... so whoever designed the covenants and the conduit system could be the one in charge of the next in-game system.

If anything, they should take the original concepts of the Artifact Weapon Trees and make them into the new Talent system, but instead of something like AP where you get a fixed amount for a day, you just get it like you would EXP... a pseudo-exp gain but you're levels and stats don't increase.. the power of your abilities and skills increase.. giving them extra benefits that we can choose from similar to choosing an Anima Power from a Torghast run but more stable.

We don't need more stats, the more stat boosts they give us the more they'll have to implement number scaling and it'll just lead to some confusing algorithms where it becomes harder and harder to manage.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    -snip-
    Pretty sure there were 1 or 2 firings/"goings" before jeff in the last few months in that department, so I'm quite optimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniqi View Post
    Yes, no more borrowed power. Classes and their specs should include multiple ways to play which are REALLY viable and not a talent system where almost every row is pre-defined because it does most dps/hps. Even talents which try to differ ST, cleave and AoE are almost brain dead picks because of synergies with borrowed power. Blizzard is killing diversity of spec gameplay with borrowed powers since years.
    Well meta gaming is a thing and will continue to be a thing for as long as there is youtube and reddit at the very least. It only takes the group leader to enforce that and well it becomes the norm. This is what leads to the dirty word everyone hates, homogenization. There is no way to remove outside sources to your game and fighting it will only create such a negative feedback loop that will then turn your loyal players against you. So the better way to do it is to mix and match the various abilities or remove them completely otherwise you end up in situations where people are left out for playing the wrong spec / class. Granted i play a Brewmaster and i get picked regardless in most situations but you have to think of the larger community as a whole.

But there is nothing wrong with systems that want you to log in to play, the game is far more then just raiding or mythic plus and to justify the expenses put into all 3 of the endgame progression you are pointed to or directed to do those from the BFA neck ability from earning pvp or raiding for faster tier set acquisition. I myself understand that as a purely mythic plus player that i will have to wait for my 4pc ( got KSM with just 2 pc ) its no big deal but to those who only want to raid log i have no idea what to tell you other then accept your going to be at a disadvantage and find a guild that allows you to not be 100% efficient.
    Last edited by jeezusisacasual; 2022-04-10 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Can you clear it in a month?

Gear fits wow fine as its reflected via the difficulty and when not over inflated offers a solid difficulty curve.

The other is a rather clear artificial time gate not tied to a logical difficulty level.
    Its not hard to clear the content in a month if you have some skill, gear is far too easy to aquire in WoW you just get handed gear for doing easy content, WoW has the lamest most boring character progression in all of RPG.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    What are you talking about ? what rpg part is destroyed when your class is not gimped and gated behind stupid systems that are here just to make you stay subbed instead of having fun ?

- - - Updated - - -

God, so much stupidity in a single post.
    So you just made this thread to get upset at anyone who doesn't agree with you?

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Its not hard to clear the content in a month if you have some skill, gear is far too easy to aquire in WoW you just get handed gear for doing easy content, WoW has the lamest most boring character progression in all of RPG.
    Have you cleared ce all 20s and gotten glad yet then?

I agree wow gives out to much free gear but I find the argument you are trying to make laughable.

Being a solo casual player I have always accepted the fact that I wasn't going to get the best stuff since that was reserved for raids and dungeons. And I was okay with it since at the time...o so long ago, I was having fun.

I agree wow gives out to much free gear but I find the argument you are trying to make laughable.
    I strongly think no.

I dont play the game anymore because its boring, every expansion its just more of the same content, i have done CE and realm first content so i am perfectly able to do whatever i want. PvP holds no interest at all, i got high warlord back in vanilla and the PvP in WoW is just boring content.
    Last edited by kenn9530; 2022-04-11 at 12:10 PM.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Take anyone who says they want rewards for afking on world mobs opinions with a truck load of salt. I've not seen an argument for any of these systems beyond they waste time as though that is a benefit.
    How does locking power progression behind niche challenging content make the game more fun?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    How does locking power progression behind niche challenging content make the game more fun?
    Progression only goes so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Progression only goes so far.
    Can you explain that further?
    "stop puting you idiotic liberal words into my mouth"
    -ynnady

Quote Originally Posted by NineSpine View Post
    Can you explain that further?
    It seems to me if you can't have fun without power-progression, then you're wasting money and time playing at all.