Page 74 of 99 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I ilevel 1047, stuck with first 4 Tier 1 chaos dungeons and first 2 Tier 1 abyssal dungeons which nets zero gold...

I really need to power quest to unlock stuff, islands keep distracting me!

Silver Combat Raptor Mount

Crystalline Aura

Amethyst Shard Pack

with Prime Gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by Gomelus View Post
    Big honing session today, burned all the books from the event shop and went from 1365 to 1367,5, one of the pieces went to pity. But I'm almost there, I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel.
    i literally do not have any gold or mats. Idk how people are getting to 1370 so fast. My friend just bought everything (with gold) so yea, not the best example.

Currently at 1365, all weekly mats used. I get like 60 weapon stones / day from guardian raids, that's good for like 1 honing attempt per week.....

Armor stoens was closer to 200ish, but it's still quite little.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-04-08 at 05:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    i literally do not have any gold or mats. Idk how people are getting to 1370 so fast. My friend just bought everything (with gold) so yea, not the best example.

Currently at 1365, all weekly mats used. I get like 60 weapon stones / day from guardian raids, that's good for like 1 honing attempt per week.....

Armor stoens was closer to 200ish, but it's still quite little.
    I've been playing for a month or so, 260hs so far. I can't really tell you why, I read everywhere that it's impossible to make gold, silver, mats, without alts, but... here I am, almost 1370, f2p, no alts. I haven't dipped below 4mill silver and 10k gold for the entirety of my T3 experience. I got a few lucky items to sell at the AH (1k I think was my best sell), but otherwise selling mostly T1-T2 mats from maps, the random engraving and/or stone and that's pretty much it. Do your daily/weekly stuff, some horizontal content here and there. The event shop, especially the honing books and the event guardians shop helped a lot, that's for sure. But I can't say I had any gold issues so far honestly. Oh, and stronghold like lvl25+ with almost all upgrades done (working right now on the ones unlocked at lvl25 actually).

I've been playing for a month or so, 260hs so far. I can't really tell you why, I read everywhere that it's impossible to make gold, silver, mats, without alts, but... here I am, almost 1370, f2p, no alts. I haven't dipped below 4mill silver and 10k gold for the entirety of my T3 experience. I got a few lucky items to sell at the AH (1k I think was my best sell), but otherwise selling mostly T1-T2 mats from maps, the random engraving and/or stone and that's pretty much it. Do your daily/weekly stuff, some horizontal content here and there. The event shop, especially the honing books and the event guardians shop helped a lot, that's for sure. But I can't say I had any gold issues so far honestly. Oh, and stronghold like lvl25+ with almost all upgrades done (working right now on the ones unlocked at lvl25 actually).
    It's because your initial item rewards got you to it and through it.
    Start honing a bit more and you will need to sell mats, which aren't worth as much as they were when every did ride on the waves whales provided for you.

I sold Leapstones for 150g which are now worth 10g, Honor Shard bags for 800g which are now worth 300g.
    I'm at 50k gold and 5m Silver and I'm constantly going up and down a few 1000+/- gold, 3m +/- Silver. The only reason why it's getting up and not always down is because I have many characters to do dungeons with. Even chaos dungeons are worth gold when (maybe a hundred or so?) when you get the golden portals.
    The 1200g per week or whatever you get from a single character ain't worth much. I'd have to sell most of my life-skill materials
    Especially since I'll never want to run out of crystal aura and that costs like 1-2k gold a month.
    Last edited by Adl3r; 2022-04-08 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Adl3r View Post
    It's because your initial item rewards got you to it and through it.
    Start honing a bit more and you will need to sell mats, which aren't worth as much as they were when every did ride on the waves whales provided for you.

I sold Leapstones for 150g which are now worth 10g, Honor Shard bags for 800g which are now worth 300g.
    I'm at 50k gold and 5m Silver and I'm constantly going up and down a few 1000+/- gold, 3m +/- Silver. The only reason why it's getting up and not always down is because I have many characters to do dungeons with. Even chaos dungeons are worth gold when (maybe a hundred or so?) when you get the golden portals.
    The 1200g per week or whatever you get from a single character ain't worth much. I'd have to sell most of my life-skill materials
    Especially since I'll never want to run out of crystal aura and that costs like 1-2k gold a month.
    If that was the case, why is a lot of people having issues with gold/silver? I mean, maybe it's the vocal minority, but are they really bad at managing resources? I just managed to get to 1370 by burning 4-5k in stones for my last 2 pieces because I didn't want to wait for a week. I didn't get to "play" the AH when everything was inflated sadly.
    Which ilvls are your main and alts? Out of curiosity.

If that was the case, why is a lot of people having issues with gold/silver? I mean, maybe it's the vocal minority, but are they really bad at managing resources? I just managed to get to 1370 by burning 4-5k in stones for my last 2 pieces because I didn't want to wait for a week. I didn't get to "play" the AH when everything was inflated sadly.
    Bad RNG and rage honing. I have a single character, GS 1340 right now and approaching the dead zone to 1370. I simply stopped caring about honing, i farm my dailies, try, and focus on getting better stones, engravings, stats and tripods on my gear that count way more than raw ilvl.

Also i need to start working on my purple set now.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Bad RNG and rage honing. I have a single character, GS 1340 right now and approaching the dead zone to 1370. I simply stopped caring about honing, i farm my dailies, try, and focus on getting better stones, engravings, stats and tripods on my gear that count way more than raw ilvl.

Also i need to start working on my purple set now.
    You're saying it like you have to choose either ilvl or the rest, when everything is related. You get tripods from chaos dungeons, same as jewelry. You can get stones from dailies, as well as from guardians. You get everything except tripods from abyssals and field bosses, and so on.
    I think it's not a thing of not caring, more than not caring to rush it. It took me like 3 weeks to go from 1340 to 1370 if I recall correctly, and from the amount of mats I bought between yesterday and today to do the last push, it would've probably taken me a week more. But I was hyped as fuck to do the new content I had available so I used some on my gold. Still sitting at 15k or so.

I think my mistake honestly was trying to gear up alts which slowed my progression on my main. The reason that matters is because if I hit t3 sooner, I could've cashed in A LOT. Everything is super cheap now so I can't make money easily anymore. Not to mention, you know, hitting t3 sooner would've just been better in general.

Everyone kept saying to make alts, but I think it's not worth it until you have 1 character at 1385 honestly.

- - - Updated - - -

Does anyone know what gear this is (or if it's skin, what skin)? both the armor and the weapon. I love the aesthetics

Last edited by blackpink; 2022-04-09 at 01:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Anyone that thought they'd just get every scrap of content right away is an actual idiot. That was never going to happen, and should never have even been expected. They were always going to release things in spaced out patches, like literally any other MMO. Yes, it is entitled to think you should have had it all from the start. Get over it.

Even if it was all there from the start, people would still blitz through it at light speed and then complain there was nothing to do, much like they already have done. Gamers are awful people.
    Most of it was available at launch though.

While we're at the topic: How do you guys make gold? Somehow, my silver is slowly going up from various stuff (quests, drops, etc). But I can't seem to find a good source for gold. I'm in T1, using the mats I get to upgrade, but even if I'd sell them it'd be 1g per sale - if someone even buys it. I sold some foraging mats in the beginning, when it was 100+g per stack, but they're also down to around 35g last I checked, with blue and greens below 10. Other gathering stuff is even below that. I've seen that there's some timed island stuff that should give quite a good amount, but it's at a time of day where I usually cannot play.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    While we're at the topic: How do you guys make gold? Somehow, my silver is slowly going up from various stuff (quests, drops, etc). But I can't seem to find a good source for gold. I'm in T1, using the mats I get to upgrade, but even if I'd sell them it'd be 1g per sale - if someone even buys it. I sold some foraging mats in the beginning, when it was 100+g per stack, but they're also down to around 35g last I checked, with blue and greens below 10. Other gathering stuff is even below that. I've seen that there's some timed island stuff that should give quite a good amount, but it's at a time of day where I usually cannot play.
    I am a super duper casual in T1 as well and I don't know even half the systems, so I am probably doing something wrong. Having said that, my regular weekly source of quick gold is: do the Abyssal Dungeons that are available (and don't buy a chest at the end unless it might actually be useful), do 3 weeklies and some dailies and use the currency to get gold, sell engraving books that I don't need on my main if I get any from Chaos Dungeons/Guardian Raids etc. I also get all my honing mats via the event currency and by breaking down all the loot I don't need. I appreciate this won't cut it once I am out of T1, but for now it works fine (anyone feel free to correct me if am doing anything wrong).

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    I am a super duper casual in T1 as well and I don't know even half the systems, so I am probably doing something wrong. Having said that, my regular weekly source of quick gold is: do the Abyssal Dungeons that are available (and don't buy a chest at the end unless it might actually be useful), do 3 weeklies and some dailies and use the currency to get gold, sell engraving books that I don't need on my main if I get any from Chaos Dungeons/Guardian Raids etc. I also get all my honing mats via the event currency and by breaking down all the loot I don't need. I appreciate this won't cut it once I am out of T1, but for now it works fine (anyone feel free to correct me if am doing anything wrong).
    Yeah, pretty much it. I would add the daily island as well, sometimes 1 of the 3 gives you gold. And the random gear sale on the AH as well. You should be alright at T1 and T2, there's almost no gold usage from honing there.
    Once in T3, I recommend to buy maps from T1/T2 with rift pieces (you get these doing the Chaos Gate event, and every major city has one trader). You can sell all the mats you get from these maps for a nice sum of gold, right now the shard bags still sell fairly well.

Quote Originally Posted by Frostfred View Post
    Without selling stuff on the market you want to do weekly unas tasks and buy the 500 token bags from the gold vendor as that will net 3k or more, you can get some more gold from abyss dungeons but if your still T1 you wont have many options, if you were T3 punika rapport nets a fair amount of gold, but at T1 you will be stuck with weekly unas mostly, sometimes get lucky in chaos dungeons to get a little more, and some islands can grant some gold.
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530 View Post
    Without selling stuff on the market you want to do weekly unas tasks and buy the 500 token bags from the gold vendor as that will net 3k or more, you can get some more gold from abyss dungeons but if your still T1 you wont have many options, if you were T3 punika rapport nets a fair amount of gold, but at T1 you will be stuck with weekly unas mostly.
    Also in t3, selling level 5+ gems is big money.

1385+, 1340, 1340, 1302, 900, 600, 302

Upgrading the weapon from +12 to +13 without %enhancers (which themselves are money as well) costs like on average. 2500g roughly. and basically x100 that in silver.
    Armor pieces are a bit more than half of that each.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    I think my mistake honestly was trying to gear up alts which slowed my progression on my main. The reason that matters is because if I hit t3 sooner, I could've cashed in A LOT. Everything is super cheap now so I can't make money easily anymore. Not to mention, you know, hitting t3 sooner would've just been better in general.

Everyone kept saying to make alts, but I think it's not worth it until you have 1 character at 1385 honestly.
    But you should make alts. The fastest is to start with an alt, get to Vern with skipping zones, powerpass your main(completes quests). Then you use the stairwell technique where you funnel T1 mats to your main. When your main reaches T2, you pick an alt to get to T2 and funnel T1 mats there instead. Then you do Abyss dungeons on all toons to get value from alts inclusive.

The only pitfall here is advancing toons in parallel in the same tier as your main or stretching resources for alts. Did you do any of those things by spending more gold than you earn on them? If not, it's impossible to cost more than you gain from the alts itself.

When your first alt reaches T3(easy with the honing buff from research and books from event) you just funnel main instead.

Tldr: Let the alts sit at minimum ilevel until it's their turn / only use bound materials and limit gold usage by what they earn themselves.

An alternative people used early was selling all alt mats a d using gold for main, this strat depends on region pricing.
    Last edited by Majestic12; 2022-04-09 at 05:53 PM.

Gold: if it’s not bound, sell it unless you need it for your build. Do T2 chaos gates for maps, T2 mats are still the money maker on my server.

Yeah, pretty much it. I would add the daily island as well, sometimes 1 of the 3 gives you gold. And the random gear sale on the AH as well. You should be alright at T1 and T2, there's almost no gold usage from honing there.
    Once in T3, I recommend to buy maps from T1/T2 with rift pieces (you get these doing the Chaos Gate event, and every major city has one trader). You can sell all the mats you get from these maps for a nice sum of gold, right now the shard bags still sell fairly well.
    Thanks for the tips, appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    But you should make alts. The fastest is to start with an alt, get to Vern with skipping zones, powerpass your main(completes quests). Then you use the stairwell technique where you funnel T1 mats to your main. When your main reaches T2, you pick an alt to get to T2 and funnel T1 mats there instead. Then you do Abyss dungeons on all toons to get value from alts inclusive.

The only pitfall here is advancing toons in parallel in the same tier as your main or stretching resources for alts. Did you do any of those things by spending more gold than you earn on them? If not, it's impossible to cost more than you gain from the alts itself.

When your first alt reaches T3(easy with the honing buff from research and books from event) you just funnel main instead.

Tldr: Let the alts sit at minimum ilevel until it's their turn / only use bound materials and limit gold usage by what they earn themselves.

An alternative people used early was selling all alt mats a d using gold for main, this strat depends on region pricing.
    Yes I know about that....what did you think I meant by gearing up alts?

It's not about costing me more resources, it's about not cashing in on them when they were expensive and using them to gear up alts instead. Hence the part I wrote about how things are so cheap now and I can't make money anymore. This is in reference to buying out all the super cheap t3 mats now but I literally don't have much gold to even be able to buy them. My friend had over 30k gold from all the money he made and just bought the mats now that they're cheap to push to 1370.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Also in t3, selling level 5+ gems is big money.
    If only there were any wardancers.
    Last edited by blackpink; 2022-04-10 at 05:54 PM.