Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Is Dragonsworn the new class? How sure are we about that and how would it be?

Since the next expansion will be called "Dragonflight", the only new class I could think about is Dragonsworn.

New classes have always be related to the expansion they stem from. I'm sorry Tinker lovers, but your class is not gonna happen (yet).

That being said, how do you think Dragonsworn class would be? I don't think they're gonna give us more than 4 specs, so two flighs will probably be subsumed under one spec (red and green under the healer spec?). But besides that, what other features do you think it will have? Morover, what would you like to see?

15+ Year Old Account
    Feel free to describe what a "dragonsworn" class is. Tinkers are at least actual classes already.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Feel free to describe what a "dragonsworn" class is. Tinkers are at least actual classes already.
    Dragonsworn was a class in the now non-canon tabletop game(though it's speculated that the various npcs that are guards for the dragons are dragonsworn). Basically they're similar to warriors but they channel draconic powers into their attacks granted to them by their patron.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Dragonsworn?so=search

I think the micro classes thing is better and more likely to be real, but assuming it's a full dragonsworn class they'll probably make it like a mail-using paladin+warrior with specs based on different flights.

But yea, the microclass set up is much better. Dragonsworn Earthwarden Shaman and Dragon Knight 4th spec for plate users.

As we get closer, I kind of believe we may get 4th specs more than we would get a whole class. 4th specs will make everyone happy and a bunch of fan favorites can get added in one shot. Not to mention 1 class would be harder to add than ~12 specs would be. Although I generally don't think the Hero classes will get another spec and druid probably wouldn't either, so 9, Monk is up in the air... though in my mind they seem to find what would be a Bard style spec.

I hate to say it but... I think it's more likely we will get a covenant style system for the Aspects, which would include a skill or 2. Essentially making your preferred character the "dragonsworn".
    Last edited by StillMcfuu; 2022-04-10 at 11:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    As we get closer, I kind of believe we may get 4th specs more than we would get a whole class. 4th specs will make everyone happy and a bunch of fan favorites can get added in one shot. Not to mention 1 class would be harder to add than ~12 specs would be. Although I generally don't think the Hero classes will get another spec and druid probably wouldn't either, so 9, Monk is up in the air... though in my mind they seem to find what would be a Bard style spec.

I hate to say it but... I think it's more likely we will get a covenant style system for the Aspects, which would include a skill or 2. Essentially making your preferred character the "dragonsworn".
    I would lose my shit over 4th specs. I want a holy based Priest DPS spec and time based healing Mage spec so fucking badly. As for the Dragonsworn thingy there plenty of dragon servants in WoW that are gifted Dragon power by their masters to carry out their will so they could go with that sort of path but I'd still hope more the extra spec

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Dragonpriest.
    Mmmmmmmmmmm
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

I think they're either gonna do a mix of class skins and micro classes/4th specs, or else we don't get any class at all.

I'd like to have a traditional new class, but I can't imagine them picking one for Dragonflight. Dragonsworn would be great, but I find it doubtful that they'd go all in for that. I have a sinking feeling they'd rather just do a Covenants 2.0 instead.

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    I would lose my shit over 4th specs. I want a holy based Priest DPS spec and time based healing Mage spec so fucking badly. As for the Dragonsworn thingy there plenty of dragon servants in WoW that are gifted Dragon power by their masters to carry out their will so they could go with that sort of path but I'd still hope more the extra spec
    That's kind of why I think it will be 4th specs. Even if lets say, worst case scenario for you, and the 4th specs they add don't include a holy dps or a healing mage... if your favorite class is mage and priest, you'll probably still play just to see the new specs.
    When you add just one class, and a person isn't interested in that class... it's a big "selling point" of the whole expansion that means nothing to a group of players.

Stood in the Fire ArkantosChampion's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    There will be nothing new, except "new core system for current expansion"
    I'm a normal text, I'm a bold text.

Easy, it's called Druid. A Dragonsworn devotes themselves to an aspect, and is granted that aspects power. Since Druids are Yseras Dragonsworn, if a Dragonsworn class was made, we would probably get Kalecgos, Alextsrasza and Wrathion Dragonsworn, since Nozdormu is mia.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nork View Post
    Since the next expansion will be called "Dragonflight", the only new class I could think about is Dragonsworn.

New classes have always be related to the expansion they stem from. I'm sorry Tinker lovers, but your class is not gonna happen (yet).

That being said, how do you think Dragonsworn class would be? I don't think they're gonna give us more than 4 specs, so two flighs will probably be subsumed under one spec (red and green under the healer spec?). But besides that, what other features do you think it will have? Morover, what would you like to see?
    I've been wanting this for a while.

DPS: Spellweavers, Kalecgos sworn. Dual wielding arcane melee dps

Healer: Life Binders, Alextraszas sworn. Uses cleansing fire to heal allies and damage enemies. Could have like a reverse living bomb, blows up on an ally, then spreads to nearby ones.

Tank: Earthwarders, Wrathions sworn. Uses earth based abilities to knock enemies away, slow, create "shields" around the tank. Maybe even walls that the mobs have to walk around. Ranged earthen spike attacks.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

If it’s a mail wearing, magic casting, melee fighter … isn’t that a shaman?

I struggle with how they could be that distinguishable from what we have now, but I guess I’m not paid to do so.

Necromancers would be viable too, because without the helm of domination the scourge needs control, so... Necromancers would be welcome

Totally weird tin-foil theory, but here it is.

What if Dragonsworn isn't a new class the way we usually think of one? What if Dragonsworn are an experiment for wow, to give players a sense of the 1 character-any class thing from Final Fantasy? That is to say, the various Dragonflights serve a similar function as Covenants, but instead of only imbibing 1 or two abilities, it's a complete overhaul.

A character decides to serve the Blue Dragonflight. Now you have the option to play whatever class you already have, or you can play as a Blue Dragon-functionally becoming a mage. Your abilities, specs, gear, everything becomes a mage.

Black dragonflights can be warriors, Green would be druids, Red priests, etc.

Like I said, probably won't happen, but it would be an interesting experiment

If there is a new class (and I'm not convinced there will be), the only thing I ask is that it's not a melee class for the 209482304230483413th time, and can be a ranged dps.

We are wayyyyyyyyyyy over due for a new ranged dps class

Dragonsworn are as much a thing within Warcraft as tinkers. God willing, tinkers will never be a full fledged class within WoW.
    Last edited by Unlimited Power; 2022-04-11 at 01:21 AM. Reason: Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Classes typically follow the theme of the expansion, but it doesn't have to be that way. It's not like Blizz hasn't veered from their own conventions before.

That said, no one really knows for sure what it will be. The current leak of the week leads us to believe that their will be four classes and multiple class skins, but that's not guaranteed either. I have a feeling that we will get a full leak a couple days before the 19th that will spill the beans.

The more I think of a dragonsworn class the more redundant I think it is.
    I think it would work better as class skins tbh as dragon magic covers almost every school and they can be casters or fighters.
    I wouldn't mind it too much but tinker is the superior choice for a unique class that doesn't overlap with anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    Dragon knights are as much a thing within Warcraft as censored. God willing, censored will never be a full fledged class within WoW.
    Lets not derail this thread to discussing a certain thing. But when has there ever been a dragon knight in Warcraft lore?

I think we are all going to end up becoming 'Dragonsworn' it will be the next Maw Walker. We choose a Dragonflight and get themed transmog and abilities, like Covenants.