Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

My Conspiracy! Taliesin & Evitel, Dragonflight, and my Lame Theory

Hi! Hello! How are you? I wish to have a quick discussion on something that has crossed my mind regarding Taliesin & Evitel.

Now to first state, I'm not a super big watcher on anything WoW TV related. I read the WoWhead articles and lurk here in MMO. I don't tend to post an opinion. I also want to say this isn't inflammatory. Nothing wrong and purely skeptical.

So here's my theory and it'll start with context. It all starts with the Thread on the Dragonflight leak on February 8th. -IF- we are to believe this is factual and the idea of "Micro-classes" being a thing we can start by saying "Okay well that might be a problem because that doesn't sound balanced at all" and "Well leveling with friends will suck if we both pick the same party role (Being single spec classes)." There are glaring flaws with a lot of the post but they can be remedied by adjustment including the incorrect release date (Either a delay or intentional).

Next we have the video that Taliesin & Evitel made where they elaborate on class skins and where those might go for the future. How we can use them and it matches past wowhead articles of the exact same nature back in November where it also got a lot of praise.

So my theory is thus *Wraps on tinfoil hat*:
    • The Leak was intentional: Either by Blizz or actually an Angry Employee
    • Taliesin and Evitel are explaining the concept early to gauge reaction for Blizz, as that would be intelligent and I don't necessarily believe the company is not.
    • This is all due to the complete fallout as of late, ranging from lawsuits to sub loss.
    • It would be clever but understandable if I'm just insane.

I appreciate you reading this and again, not inflammatory. I would have posted links and videos but since I'm a new poster I can't. Oh well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Bump back to the first page due to being stuck in moderated status.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorCrow View Post
    The Leak was intentional: Either by Blizz or actually an Angry Employee
    I absolutely believe that the last couple of leaks were all intentionally done by Blizzard. It's just always something. Bolvar cinematic picture, Alexstrasza picture. Especially the stuff that gets datamined, right in the weeks before the announcement. Kul Tiras prior to BFA. Now the Emerald Drake. It would be too much of a coincidence. That they always slip up right before the expansion gets announced. And such obvious things, that anybody would be like "should we put this in there, because somebody will probably find it, shouldn't we wait until it's announced?". Even the Worgen and Goblin masks prior to Cataclysm. Imagine being an employee in the company and thinking it's a good idea to put them in there. Seems all intentional now in hindsight. I'm not buying the disgruntled employee thing anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ulillillia View Post
    I absolutely believe that the last couple of leaks were all intentionally done by Blizzard. It's just always something. Bolvar cinematic picture, Alexstrasza picture. Especially the stuff that gets datamined, right in the weeks before the announcement. Kul Tiras prior to BFA. Now the Emerald Drake. It would be too much of a coincidence. That they always slip up right before the expansion gets announced. And such obvious things, that anybody would be like "should we put this in there, because somebody will probably find it, shouldn't we wait until it's announced?". Even the Worgen and Goblin masks prior to Cataclysm. Imagine being an employee in the company and thinking it's a good idea to put them in there. Seems all intentional now in hindsight. I'm not buying the disgruntled employee thing anymore.
    I doubt this

I feel the same. Build hype and get people excited about “leaks”

5+ Year Old Account
    That class skin video they made was put out before Shadowlands though?
    I just think Ebonhorn is quite neat.

There's thousands of employees that have connections to thousands of other people. Something is bound to leak in a big company like that. Not to mention work from home environment so the secret will go out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    That class skin video they made was put out before Shadowlands though?
    What class skin video?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    What class skin video?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTcoK4OXKTw

Quote Originally Posted by JDBlou View Post
    Ah, yes. So they are yet to predict something that will actually happen lol. They were wrong about tinkers, class skins in 9.0 and probably in 10.0 as well.

5+ Year Old Account
    Ah, yes. So they are yet to predict something that will actually happen lol. They were wrong about tinkers, class skins in 9.0 and probably in 10.0 as well.
    Well the whole conspiracy the OP has concocted seems dubious at best when the video they claim as evidence, existed long before the speculation season for patch 10.0

There's thousands of employees that have connections to thousands of other people. Something is bound to leak in a big company like that. Not to mention work from home environment so the secret will go out.
    1. Why doesn't anyone leak more than just one image of a cinematic or one image of the artwork with the logo? Especially if it's a disgruntled employee? Why not record the entire cinematic and leak it? Why not leak tons of artwork instead of just one picture? Why not leak some dirty info like the harassment stuff?

2. Why is it always so conveniently 1-2 weeks before the announcement? Why is it never an entire year before? It seems very fortunate that these leaks always come at the right time to hype up the expansion. And they work on more than just one expansion at any given time. That means right now, they know what the expansion after Dragonflight is going to be. Where is that leak? Why not give us the rough idea of what is supposed to be happening down the line in the next couple of expansions.

Quite honestly, the fact that there are thousands of employees with connections to thousands of other people, makes it even more likely this is all controlled by Blizzard and intentionally leaked, because with so many people having access to this information, leaks would happen every day. They would at least happen more often than just once every two years, coincidentally right before the expansion release.

1. Why doesn't anyone leak more than just one image of a cinematic or one image of the artwork with the logo? Especially if it's a disgruntled employee? Why not record the entire cinematic and leak it? Why not leak tons of artwork instead of just one picture? Why not leak some dirty info like the harassment stuff?

2. Why is it always so conveniently 1-2 weeks before the announcement? Why is it never an entire year before? It seems very fortunate that these leaks always come at the right time to hype up the expansion. And they work on more than just one expansion at any given time. That means right now, they know what the expansion after Dragonflight is going to be. Where is that leak? Why not give us the rough idea of what is supposed to be happening down the line in the next couple of expansions.

Quite honestly, the fact that there are thousands of employees with connections to thousands of other people, makes it even more likely this is all controlled by Blizzard and intentionally leaked, because with so many people having access to this information, leaks would happen every day. They would at least happen more often than just once every two years, coincidentally right before the expansion release.
    1. Because most people don't have access to the "meaty" things. The majority of employees there are not working on the code or models to have solid leaks out. These leaks are usually from underpaid employees that a) don't care that much if they lose their job and b) see opportunity to take a photo on something interesting to get some "internet fame".

2. Because that is when Blizzard start preparing for the video and presentation so more employees participate in the process. Like the site leak with the expansion name or promotional posters like Alexstrasza. Those are usually done a week or two before the announcement.

7+ Year Old Account
    Do you guys seriously think actual Blizzard employees and freelancers are paid to produce leaks on forums to "generate hype?" Is this some kind of new fringe cope? The games almost always leak through datamining or just the logistics of it being a franchise — copyrights, websites, merchandise... even the Dragonflight photo looks to be from a third-party printing vendor. Think about how many assets need to be produced to put on something like Blizzcon, and how many people working outside the company have an opportunity to snap a photo like that. Even if Blizzard isn't having a convention this year, they're still going to have as much physical material ready for consumption by the time it is in announced.

I don't think Taliesin is an inside man working for Blizzard, but he definitely works hard to foster his relationships with their individual employees.

1. Because most people don't have access to the "meaty" things. The majority of employees there are not working on the code or models to have solid leaks out. These leaks are usually from underpaid employees that a) don't care that much if they lose their job and b) see opportunity to take a photo on something interesting to get some "internet fame".

2. Because that is when Blizzard start preparing for the video and presentation so more employees participate in the process. Like the site leak with the expansion name or promotional posters like Alexstrasza. Those are usually done a week or two before the announcement.
    Now you're backpedaling. You just said there are thousands of employees etc. so something is bound to get leaked, and now you say "well it's only a very small number of people that actually are in the know."

Pick one.

But it doesn't matter how many people know. Because whoever leaks it could still provide more information.

Now you're backpedaling. You just said there are thousands of employees etc. so something is bound to get leaked, and now you say "well it's only a very small number of people that actually are in the know."

Pick one.

But it doesn't matter how many people know. Because whoever leaks it could still provide more information.
    I stand by what I said. Thousands of employees don't mean solid leaks for years into the future. It just means that something will get leaked before the expansion is announced officially.

I stand by what I said. Thousands of employees don't mean solid leaks for years into the future. It just means that something will get leaked before the expansion is announced officially.
    Then why doesn't more get leaked? Why always right before the expansion, and not the whole year over?

Then why doesn't more get leaked?
    How do you know it hasn't? Most leaks are written by anonymous people making accounts so the expansion features and theme has more than likely been leaked already we just don't know which one until we see the actual announcement on the 19th.

By "the worgen and goblin masks" you mean the enitirety of the expansion, screenshots, descriptions and everything, leaking on this website's front page a few weeks after that right?

- - - Updated - - -

Then why doesn't more get leaked? Why always right before the expansion, and not the whole year over?
    Tons of "fake leaks" out there, one of them coild be legit. Thats what happened wirh Warlords of Draenor. Everybody called bullshit and forgot about the post till the announcement. The only "confirmed" leak at that point was an Iron Horde banner.

Okay, let's be clear...

The expansion name and Alexstraza art are real.

The text leak with the micro classes is 100% garbage.

Even if they're One spec each. They'd each have their own unique baseline mechanics.

For example. Frost mage, WW, SP, Feral. Imagine they were all One spec too. They'd still be immensely different.

Why the fuck would blizz essentially four new classes like that.

The leaker just got the 4 most requested classes and threw them all in there with one spec each to sound believable.

Like they could release two, two-speces classes and have less amount of work, at least that way they'd each have at least one dps spec.

Which brings me to my next point...

Why the FUCK would we have classes that can only be heals or tank. Like how fucking stupid is that.

You can't pigeon hold 3 entire classes on the least played combat roles. It wouldn't even make sense from a story perspective. Why the fuck can't a dragon knight dps, but a freaking paladin can? Lol wtf???

So what dragon knights can't play arena now since they're only tanks. Like come on....

God help the sap who is forced to play as healers in every single form of content in the game without the option of a dps spec.

No, we're not getting those trash classes.

We are getting tinkers. There are no other classes that have priority outside of tinker and a dragon class will probably end up being covenants 2.0.

If the leaker of that leak is reading this, you got lucky with the name, but the leak is fucking bad as shit and you should feel bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Okay, let's be clear...

The expansion name and Alexstraza art are real.

The text leak with the micro classes is 100% garbage.

Even if they're One spec each. They'd each have their own unique baseline mechanics.

For example. Frost mage, WW, SP, Feral. Imagine they were all One spec too. They'd still be immensely different.

Why the fuck would blizz essentially four new classes like that.

The leaker just got the 4 most requested classes and threw them all in there with one spec each to sound believable.

Like they could release two, two-speces classes and have less amount of work, at least that way they'd each have at least one dps spec.

Which brings me to my next point...

Why the FUCK would we have classes that can only be heals or tank. Like how fucking stupid is that.

You can't pigeon hold 3 entire classes on the least played combat roles. It wouldn't even make sense from a story perspective. Why the fuck can't a dragon knight dps, but a freaking paladin can? Lol wtf???

So what dragon knights can't play arena now since they're only tanks. Like come on....

God help the sap who is forced to play as healers in every single form of content in the game without the option of a dps spec.

No, we're not getting those trash classes.

We are getting tinkers. There are no other classes that have priority outside of tinker and a dragon class will probably end up being covenants 2.0.

If the leaker of that leak is reading this, you got lucky with the name, but the leak is fucking bad as shit and you should feel bad.
    They could work like an extra class abilities to existing classes aka similar to Covenants. So you pick one of those "micro-classes" and get special abilities either tanking spell or healing spell or tinker dps gadgets etc.