Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lordjust View Post
    I'm interested to see how this develops. Google hired someone a couple years ago to also do this kind of job and a year or two ago they reviewd their work and found out that females were paid 20% or so more than male workers for the same job/qualifications. They equalized pay by lowering female wages and a bunch of them left the company so they're back a high percentage of male workers. Their DEI chief did a bad job because she swung the pendulum in the complete other direction. Hiring more female and diverse people and paying them more because of their race, gender, sexual prefrence instead of their qualifications.

Similar things happens also in other countries like germany where a lot of females get hired and male workers have to sue for equal pay because now more often than not they get payed the same monthly salery but work more hours than females (40h weeks vs 30h weeks). There are numerous cases in germany and males always win because it's pretty easy to show what qualifications everyone has and what the hourly wage is. Most employers choose to then lower the females wage instead of raising the males one and the female worker leaves the company.
    Yes.

It shows there are plenty of examples where companies don't get it right. I would support all wage or salary earners getting a bump up to match the females that were in demand. I would also support performance incentives more. Why shouldn't you get a fat bonus for making the company more money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    Damn lol its insane you can be openly hostile, prejudical and even borderline racist against white men in general in the united states of america. You can just vilify white men in the open and everyone will cheer
    Didn't you get a time out for having this exact take in the other thread before it got shut down? Come on man. You can do better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Didn't you get a time out for having this exact take in the other thread before it got shut down? Come on man. You can do better than this.
    You can not even refute my point. Try better next time, also pretty sure you got timed out three times by now, mr wannabe forum moderator.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugho View Post
    Isn't this getting out of hand? In a few years, non white people and females will have identity crisis because they don't know if they got where they got because of talent or gender / color. White people with talent will blame them and that will generate even more racism.

- So, she was the best one for the job?
    - No sir, there was 3 more qualified people but they were Caucasian males.
    - Ok! Good job then.

Imagine this conversation 20 years ago.
    Funny thing is that conversation is already happening right now, it’s been over 20 years since blizzard started up, over 20 years of more qualified people being passed over because they weren’t white guys over 20 years of the white guys promoting there frat bros and diving woman and minority’s out of the work place.

Yet you don’t see any of the white guys who were raised up not based on merit or talent having identity crisis’s, almost like it’s spoken bull shit boogie man.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

5+ Year Old Account
    Sigh.............

Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Not sure if you're just low iq or trolling. What is ignorant is hiring someone based off of race over anything else. Not only is it racist, it undermines the whole hiring process of said company.
    You guys do realize that one of the main reasons that diversity initiatives were started is because white people have been historically favored (and regularly still are) over minority candidates that should be on equal footing with us, right? So these kinds of practices exist to combat/mitigate the very thing that you're complaining about.

But hey, I get it. I'd be worried too if I sucked so bad at my job that I had to lean on the fact that I'm white to carry me over another candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by OokOok View Post
    Something tells me just based off her photos that she doesn't enjoy playing video games....

OH WELL, RIP Blizzard. Any company in America is RIP at this point eventually. This LBTG/Diversity/equality bullshit is going to bury you guys.

People getting hired based off if their resume says if they're a Black/trans/they/them with 0 experience in the field over someone with years of experience because they just so happen to be a white cis male.
    Hahaha. This hysteria is so funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

I am so sick of the Western corporate/politicians FACADE they always build, thinking people are this stupid not to see the reality behind it. The whole entertainment industry starting from Hollywood, spreading to Disney and gaming corporations like Ubisoft, EA Games, and Activision Blizzard, is infested with this political wokeness disease. Many "white people" hire a bunch of people of color for some imaginable position to make their offices look rainbow just because they want to take pictures and compete on Instagram who of them is more woke and ready to be the next candidate to "save the world." They feel privileged to tell others how to live just because they have a bunch of money is sickening.

This "new" trend, though, proves how well the world is balanced, and every super power country/movement has its expiration date, and the clock is ticking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DuskSP View Post
    Not sure if you're just low iq or trolling. What is ignorant is hiring someone based off of race over anything else. Not only is it racist, it undermines the whole hiring process of said company.
    It's about widening the net for recruiting, less about forcing hires. For starting positions, qualifications are low anyway and "best qualified" doesn't mean anything remotely like what the phrase would mean for a position like a senior developer or producer. No one seems to ever stop and think that hiring a cis white guy from another studio in this industry is also ignoring a pool of candidates who may be better qualified than who got hired. They never got looked at because the root of the problem is in recruiting.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2022-04-12 at 05:41 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Diversity helps against unionization.

Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    You can not even refute my point. Try better next time, also pretty sure you got timed out three times by now, mr wannabe forum moderator.
    I have people commenting about my bans on 4Chan... I'm not about to go for a moderator position here. But spinning this (for the second time) as some kind of ploy against the oh-so-oppressed white males of this world is about as fragile as you can get.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    No
    Im glad we agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    It's about widening the net for recruiting
    Do you have any examples of the net being too narrow?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Ion's VentureBeat interview laid this out pretty well:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Recognizing that the game industry has had certain skews — male-dominated is one obvious one, especially in design — we need to work harder to build and find the qualified candidates who are out there. We can’t just open up a position, take the first couple dozen resumes, look through them, and pick someone out of that pile, because we may just get a couple dozen white male resumes. And it’s not that we wouldn’t hire someone who’s qualified for the job. We will. But we’ll be limiting the range of perspectives that come to our team. Again, this is not about any preferential decisions in the hiring process itself. It’s about working harder to understand how our job descriptions, the way we’re sourcing candidates, the way referrals work, and all the rest are filtering out qualified candidates of other backgrounds before they even make it to us. And then once we’re interviewing people, we’re going to pick the best person for the job at the time, but doing that extra work up front, we have found and continue and find, leads to a more diverse team that is more reflective of the country that we’re in and the player base that plays our game globally.

That's not what Blizzard is doing. They're still hiring the best people for the job, even if that means hiring a bunch of white dudes. What they are doing, however, is increasing the places that they look for people to hire, including potentially areas where people wouldn't normally go to find a career in the video games field. They aren't meeting diversity quotas, they're trying to make sure the hiring mistakes which led to the fiasco they're currently contending with doesn't repeat itself infinitely.
    So you believe diversity quotas are a good idea? If yes, does that include every industry, or just some?
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

Im glad we agree.

- - - Updated - - -

Me too, glad I helped you to understand.

Ion's VentureBeat interview laid this out pretty well:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Recognizing that the game industry has had certain skews — male-dominated is one obvious one, especially in design — we need to work harder to build and find the qualified candidates who are out there. We can’t just open up a position, take the first couple dozen resumes, look through them, and pick someone out of that pile, because we may just get a couple dozen white male resumes. And it’s not that we wouldn’t hire someone who’s qualified for the job. We will. But we’ll be limiting the range of perspectives that come to our team. Again, this is not about any preferential decisions in the hiring process itself. It’s about working harder to understand how our job descriptions, the way we’re sourcing candidates, the way referrals work, and all the rest are filtering out qualified candidates of other backgrounds before they even make it to us. And then once we’re interviewing people, we’re going to pick the best person for the job at the time, but doing that extra work up front, we have found and continue and find, leads to a more diverse team that is more reflective of the country that we’re in and the player base that plays our game globally.
    I asked for an example where the net was too narrow. That is not an example of this. I think education is a FAR better place to start - start asking why certain groups are not interested in certain fields, and work to encourage them to pursue a career in that field.

So you believe diversity quotas are a good idea? If yes, does that include every industry, or just some?
    This isn't about hiring for quotas. It's about making sure that the reach of potential hires includes more diverse candidates. If the best people for the specific job are bunch of white dudes because they're qualified then so be it. But if that also means that a few PoCs and, gasp, maybe even a few females get in as well... again because they're qualified then what, exactly, have we lost? It's not a zero sum game. Nobody is getting turned away from a job because of the color of their skin.

Let's assume guys, we're all jealous to not have such job. Imagine, you're paid something like 10k-20k per month just for your main achievement to be "I classified the Curriculum vitaes by race and gender for the HR to hire more minorities"

It's as if there was a Racism pole in your company, where you're paid being racist and nobody can even tell you anything without being branded a bigot/fascist/whatever.

What a society we live in

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    I like how they go out of their way to rearrange the DIE acronym away from how people say diversity inclusion and equity. Almost as if it's a sign of what these neo-marxist policy positions mean for companies and industries at a whole.
    QFT.

More racist hirings by Bli$$ard. What're the odds for how long this one lasts?

Hopefully we get some more blue-haired whales, militant, fish-mouthed feminists, and homosexuals for quest design while we're at it.