Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    No, it is not.
    You transform into a Lich. Even if the animation doesn't show it.

So you're talking about Rangers that are called Wardens, and not the Night Elf Wardens at all. We are clear on this then, yes?
    Wardens, as a playable title, would be a general term, not a night elven one. That would open it up to more races.

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    You transform into a Lich. Even if the animation doesn't show it.
    It's neither canonical nor reflected in the visuals. You don't transform at all, all that happens is your status gets flipped as being Undead and you gain some limited CC breaks and lifesteal perks. It's not a form, and nothing about it involves turning into another creature.

By all means, a Death Knight using Lichborne is still a Death Knight. No different than the Mage's Covenant ability that turns them into a Skeletal Mage. That's not turning into a Lich either, even when they have a visual form. You're still playing a Mage, through and through. You don't ever turn into another class entirely.

Wardens, as a playable title, would be a general term, not a night elven one. That would open it up to more races.
    What's the point of this discussion? Clearly you're not talking about the Blood Elf Warden being associated with Dark Rangers when you bring up Sylvanas raising Sira Moonwarden. If you're just going to argue semantics, then sure, your Blood Elf Hunter can be a Ranger or a Warden and you can consider them already playable, if the title is all that matters to you.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-12 at 04:37 AM.

It's neither canonical nor reflected in the visuals. You don't transform at all, all that happens is your status gets flipped as being Undead and you gain some limited CC breaks and lifesteal perks. It's not a form, and nothing about it involves turning into another creature.

By all means, a Death Knight using Lichborne is still a Death Knight. No different than the Mage's Covenant ability that turns them into a Skeletal Mage. That's not turning into a Lich either, even when they have a visual form. You're still playing a Mage, through and through. You don't ever turn into another class entirely.
    That turning into an Undead is the Lich part.

What's the point of this discussion? Clearly you're not talking about the Blood Elf Warden being associated with Dark Rangers when you bring up Sylvanas raising Sira Moonwarden. If you're just going to argue semantics, then sure, your Blood Elf Hunter can be a Ranger or a Warden and you can consider them already playable, if the title is all that matters to you.
    No. You didn't understand.
    The Warden wouldn't be Night elven only in playable form.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Oh dear god please no more covenant type systems....
    If they were cosmetic only and we had the freedom to switch at any time, it wouldn't even be that bad. That said, I'm not advocating for them to continue with Covenants. All I'm saying is that historically they've usually iterated on the past expansion's borrowed power system in one way or another, so betting on 10.0 having a system that's "like Covenants, but a little different" isn't a bad gamble.

That turning into an Undead is the Lich part.
    Death Knights are already undead.

No. You didn't understand.
    The Warden wouldn't be Night elven only in playable form.
    Except you pointed at a literal Blood Elf Ranger with Warden as a title as your example.

There are generic NPCs that have the Warden title that have no association with the Night Elf Wardens. You're just arguing semantics here, and poorly at that.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Dragonsworn was a class in the now non-canon tabletop game(though it's speculated that the various npcs that are guards for the dragons are dragonsworn). Basically they're similar to warriors but they channel draconic powers into their attacks granted to them by their patron.
    So, just like Shaman?

Quote Originally Posted by LostSinclair View Post
    time based healing Mage spec so fucking badly.
    Yessssss. I would honestly look at resubbing just to try that out.

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    So, just like Shaman?

Yessssss. I would honestly look at resubbing just to try that out.
    How the hell did you get shaman out of what I said?

How the hell did you get shaman out of what I said?
    warriors but they channel draconic powers into their attacks granted to them by their patron
    warriors but they channel elemental powers into their attacks granted to them by the elements

To be fair, I probably should have specified "Enhancement Shaman"

Always wonder why people are so fixed on the so-called "canon". WoWs recent story postdates everything in that canon; as long as WoWs world is still able to evolve, designers can create literally anything, as long as it makes sense in the story (or, one could argue, even if it doesn't :P).

Quote Originally Posted by Mic_128 View Post
    warriors but they channel draconic powers into their attacks granted to them by their patron
    warriors but they channel elemental powers into their attacks granted to them by the elements

To be fair, I probably should have specified "Enhancement Shaman"
    Paladins are warriors that channel the Light.
    Death knights are warriors that channel necromantic power.

Your comparison is asinine.

Hol' up....

Why DragonSWORN, why not DragonBORN - they could maybe damage their enemies/heal their allies using the power of their draconic voice, with abilities like pushback which would improve as you defeated various scripted dragons which appear as you level.

The could even come from a place which is a bit like the Storm Peaks.

The voice would be ranged, and they could use mail armour.....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    Hol' up....

Why DragonSWORN, why not DragonBORN - they could maybe damage their enemies/heal their allies using the power of their draconic voice, with abilities like pushback which would improve as you defeated various scripted dragons which appear as you level.

The could even come from a place which is a bit like the Storm Peaks.

The voice would be ranged, and they could use mail armour.....

Either Storm Peaks or Stormheim. Vrykul Dragonborn as the only possible combo, would be fun. Using voice to do pew pew pew and we get the bard! After 15 years, we get to play as a bard.

Quote Originally Posted by feniela View Post
    Either Storm Peaks or Stormheim. Vrykul Dragonborn as the only possible combo, would be fun. Using voice to do pew pew pew and we get the bard! After 15 years, we get to play as a bard.
    Seems incredibly sensible.....and definitely wouldn't be in any way similar to any other games.....

Death Knights are already undead.
    Not in gameplay.

Except you pointed at a literal Blood Elf Ranger with Warden as a title as your example.

There are generic NPCs that have the Warden title that have no association with the Night Elf Wardens. You're just arguing semantics here, and poorly at that.
    Maybe Wardens will be closer to Rangers than you think.

Your comparison is asinine.
    Your description is lacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    Hol' up....

Why DragonSWORN, why not DragonBORN
    Because they weren't born from a dragon, but sworn to one/them I assume.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totally Not Dragons View Post
    interesting i cant find Tinker in the class section
    You must be brand new to Warcraft. Welcome!

Not in gameplay.
    Right, why means this is merely a gameplay mechanic that makes you undead creature type so you have access to synergies, like death coil heals and such.

This ability has nothing to do with actually becoming a Lich. It merely has the name 'Lichborne'. No difference than Warlocks having 'Glyph of Demon Hunting' that turns them into a Demon Form. They aren't Demon Hunters, nor do they ever become one.

No. That is why you're wrong.

Your entire argument is based on a maybe, while I'm literally pointing at the lack of evidence you have for Night Elf Wardens being connected to Rangers. Just because you can make an assumption doesn't mean it could be true. Imagine if you said 'Maybe Wardens will be closer to Shadow Hunters than you think', would you believe they would be the same class? Theres enough differences to see that there is no real connection. Blizzard never showed any intention for them to be the same. They have different purposes, functions, lore and goals. If Blizzard wanted Shadow Hunters and Wardens to be the same because both classes use shadowy dark magic and wielding large Glaive weapons, they would have written in a connection. And clearly, none exist. Same goes with the lack of connection between Wardens and Rangers.

Honestly, what connection does a Night Elf Warden have to any living Night Elf Ranger? If you can't make this connection, then trying to apply one for Dark Warden and Dark Ranger isn't going to help your argument.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-04-12 at 03:19 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Camon, how you would combine magical Archer that clearly not wearing Plate armor with melee Glaive(or Chakram) wielder that wears Plate armor.

I can get that in WC3 with its ugly textures you would suppose to image that Warden wears some rag tattered shirts and cape, but nowdays its clearly Plate.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    You must be brand new to Warcraft. Welcome!
    i mean i see warrior and mage and druid and all these really cool classes on the select screen but no tinker
    i have heard you can become a tinker with something called engineering though

Funny that you think there won't be any tinker lore in Dragonflight. I suggest you do Tazavesh soon and rethink that stance OP.

So yeah the next class for WoW I'm Dragonflight is the Tinker.

Dragons worn will be the next covenants. I mean it's set up damn near perfect. There being 5 flights and all.

Plus a dragons worn class would have to end up being chromatic I'm nature.