Quote Originally Posted by Lazarel View Post
    I just noticed a small new design choice in the next expansion reveal logo
    The word "World" has a different font than the usual

Why only circle one part of a letter when the entire word 'world' is thicker? The 'of' in is also bgger. My theory is that they made the 'world' thicker, because it has more substance = the world has more substance = world revamp. Lets go!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    18:00 CEST means 19:00 for me, which is perfect. I was worried they would stream it at midnight or something.
    Its 9:00 in the morning for NA. How can regular people expected to be available then :P Really weird, esp when most of the time EU gets the stick with the times.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't read too much into the logo change. To me, it just looks like a more polished version of the old vector-style logo, which was a bit rough around the edges. The slightly bolder letters on the word "WORLD" also make it look a bit more cohesive and easier to read, which I like. Remains to be seen if this same design will carry on to the actual expansion logo though.

Holy shit... I just thought of the "red star in the sky" for the end of Dragonflight...

After we defeat Murozond. The dark portal will turn yellow.

That or just choose a spot somewhere and have a huge time portal just floating untill the pre patch has Yrel in the LB walking out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by KNTRPRTS View Post
    One thing I've maintained (and I believe has been proven true) is that the Murozond we encountered back in Cataclysm was not the future Murozond of our timeline. The timeline we went into during End Time wasn't even that Murozond's "home" timeline either. Since it was established that the Murozond we encountered was "outside of time" at that point it is technically unclear which timeline he hailed from.

I think that the Murozond we encountered came from a timeline where the "fate worse than End Time" ("I have witnessed the true End Time. This? This is a blessing you simply cannot comprehend.") occurred and he knew (or at least, thought) that the same fate was going to happen to our timeline. So he instead lured us into a different timeline where the Old Gods had succeeded in causing the Hour of Twilight (with Deathwing impaled on top of Wyrmrest Temple) and claimed it to be a far better fate than what he had experienced.

And as the expansions have gone on and the cosmic scale being brought before us -- even with the Jailer saying we must stand united against "what is to come" -- it seems ripe for Nozdormu to potentially see a far worse fate to happen than the Hour of Twilight.

TL;DR... if Blizzard decides to continue that story (so far removed from it now though, I don't think it will have any real impact) they are still within conditions of their already established lore to do so.
    Yeh, there is always a far worse fate... am I the only one that wants to go back to zones and race x moving against y and trying to establish some normalcy and progress.

Whiles it is possible the Murozond we kill is the same Murozond with some minor explanation, it is easily possible he isnt

That stupid excuse for Rhonin experiencing the War of the Ancients and altering the events - happens because of the infinite flight's interference This is where we first sss them. Now while the trilogy was meant to tell the original epic saga of the war of the Ancients, the original timeline had the invasion and war last over 250 years. But the infinitesimal interference reduces that to a mere few months, it can be a legit excuse as to why the kaldorei post WC3 drop in power so much , hell you could even use the infinite flight's interference to explain the cha ges in lore for night elves that happened between wc3 and wow, where they went from the first race to awaken, to instead being evolved magic juices dark trolls, and all the other changes and retcon blizzard did. Maybe even have the night elves try to restore their original history and gain some power ups in a side story.

Anyway, they wanted a human and orc to be a part 9f the Nighf elf story, so created the infinite flight as a means to get Rhonin and Krasus back there because somehow we would relate to them more than a night elf as a star of their own story.

It was left forgotten till cata, but has since come up when dragons have been focused on. I guess End times was not big enough a stage so I wouodnt be surprised they return.

Given the origin of the flight tied to the War of Ancients, Imwonder if this and the Jailer's "what is to come" along with Murozond's "blessing compared to the true End Time" has something to do with Azshara heading for the true throne of power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Its 9:00 in the morning for NA. How can regular people expected to be available then :P Really weird, esp when most of the time EU gets the stick with the times.
    BlizzCon has always been really late in EU, so from my perspective this is actually the first time we get to watch an announcement for something at a reasonable hour.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    BlizzCon has always been really late in EU, so from my perspective this is actually the first time we get to watch an announcement for something at a reasonable hour.
    Yes, but Blizzcon is on weekends most of the time right? This a tuesday.

1+ Year Old Account
    I'm thankful I have that week off of work. Will be exciting to speculate/discuss the announcement for an entire day (post announcement).

Quote Originally Posted by Catastrophy349 View Post
    I'm thankful I have that week off of work. Will be exciting to speculate/discuss the announcement for an entire day (post announcement).
    Same here, even though I won't be home I'll try to be around right before the announcement

Quote Originally Posted by KNTRPRTS View Post
    All this talk about Nozdormu/Murozond and the Infinite Dragonflight... I just found out that Nozdormu is voice acted by fucking Martin Sheen. Wild.
    Some people have told me that isn't the case but I swear it is him. If it isn't, its a real close imitation.

Mark your Calendars! On April 19 at 9 a.m. PDT, you won’t want to miss what august adventures await the heroes of Azeroth next.

August?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuelGrazza View Post
    Mark your Calendars! On April 19 at 9 a.m. PDT, you won’t want to miss what august adventures await the heroes of Azeroth next.

August?
    The question is what august. 2022 or 2023

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    The "World logo" revamp means ... World revamp !
    Half-Life 3 confirmed! You did it!

Does anyone else think that the Dragonflight and Shadowlands stories played out of order?

Shadowlands kicks off due to Argus' death, meanwhile the N'zoth raid end teases uncorrupted Void Dragons.

1+ Year Old Account
    august adjective
    Save Word
    To save this word, you'll need to log in.

au·​gust | \ ȯ-ˈgəst , ˈȯ-(ˌ)gəst \
    Definition of august (Entry 1 of 2)
    : marked by majestic dignity or grandeur
    her august lineage
    an august mansion
    August noun
    Au·​gust | \ ˈȯ-gəst \
    Definition of August (Entry 2 of 2)
    : the eighth month of the Gregorian calendar

TLDR; Blizzard is excited for the majestic adventures to come

august adjective
    Save Word

her august lineage
    an august mansion
    August noun
    Au·​gust | \ ˈȯ-gəst \

Dragons are pretty majestic, i guess.

There was the August Celestials in Pandaria. Definitely interesting choice of word.

7+ Year Old Account
    august adjective
    Save Word

her august lineage
    an august mansion
    August noun
    Au·​gust | \ ˈȯ-gəst \

Wow, i just realized why the August Celestials are called the August Celestials.
    I feel stupid.

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by micwini View Post
    Yes, but Blizzcon is on weekends most of the time right? This a tuesday.
    I guess someone's always going to get the short end of the stick with announcements like these as it's not possible to do right by every time zone. :/

Tuesday is a bit odd in general as a lot of people are probably going to be at work during the announcement, which is definitely annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    august adjective
    Save Word

her august lineage
    an august mansion
    August noun
    Au·​gust | \ ˈȯ-gəst \

August/september is set for a pre-patch. I doubt they will make it in time, but who knows, would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by feniela View Post
    August/september is set for a pre-patch. I doubt they will make it in time, but who knows, would be nice.
    Yeah, they'll just miss that date by five months.