Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rigman View Post
    Because when things get leaked this is how it typically is. It's like this with every leak and the reasoning is typically exactly what I posted. Any leak in any form of media, movies, otherwise are like this. Leaks like this do happen often, you're just choosing to forget.
    What are you even talking about?

I am asking, why do these people only post one picture of a cinematic and not the entire thing, and why only a couple of days before the reveal, every time.

And your answer is "cause that's how leaks are"?

Say nothing if you have nothing of value to say.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    No level grind is probably the most realistic one there. People complain that leveling feels wasted and they just want to get to end-game. So why not just have end-game happen right away, and then all the content that used to be "leveling" can instead be max-level end-game content similar to Suramar?
    So new players who get boosted to 60 are just going to be pushed into end game content off the bat?

No chance in hell.

Conspiracy!

This is a burner account just to generate clicks for the aforementioned streamers.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    So new players who get boosted to 60 are just going to be pushed into end game content off the bat?

No chance in hell.
    Blizzard clearly doesn't give a shit about new players, so I don't see the problem with it. Besides, we're talking the start of end-game content, doing dungeons and max-level quest type stuff, not immediately jumping into a raid or mythics.

Blizzard clearly doesn't give a shit about new players, so I don't see the problem with it. Besides, we're talking the start of end-game content, doing dungeons and max-level quest type stuff, not immediately jumping into a raid or mythics.
    You can't expect new players to just start doing dungeons with other players like it's nothing.

Imagine new player tanks, f that. They prob don't even know their spells and you think they should be thrown into dungeons after making their Dragonflight boosted toon?

No, they need level up content to get a feel for the game. Otherwise they would feel overwhelmed and quit.

And yes they do care, why else you think we've been getting boosts since wod and the new exiles reach?

Before wod if you wanted to bring in a new friend you'd have to make sure they leveled from 1 to 90 without heirlooms.

But getting rid of the leveling climb is asking for too much.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-04-12 at 07:59 PM.

Okay, let's be clear...

The expansion name and Alexstraza art are real.

The text leak with the micro classes is 100% garbage.

Even if they're One spec each. They'd each have their own unique baseline mechanics.

For example. Frost mage, WW, SP, Feral. Imagine they were all One spec too. They'd still be immensely different.

Why the fuck would blizz essentially four new classes like that.
    Adding one spec classes could work if WoW switched to a class system like in Final Fantasy 14 where you can basically level every class on a single character. I don't think this would make much sense though.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Adding one spec classes could work if WoW switched to a class system like in Final Fantasy 14 where you can basically level every class on a single character. I don't think this would make much sense though.

Right which is why the leak is dumb as fuck and not real.

It's just some smart ass leaker who put in all popular requests classes with the spin of one spec each to make it believable. Except that it's makes it even more unbelievable.

How does this make sense when "Micro-Classes" and "Class Skins" are functionally very, VERY different? Like, they are opposite of each other in terms of gameplay footprint.

Right which is why the leak is dumb as fuck and not real.

It's just some smart ass leaker who put in all popular requests classes with the spin of one spec each to make it believable. Except that it's makes it even more unbelievable.
    I agree. If the leaker would have framed it within the context of Blizzard abolishing all race/class restrictions and implementing the class system I mentioned in my last post then it would have been more believable but the way the leak presents this is completely ridiculous at first glance.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    You can't expect new players to just start doing dungeons with other players like it's nothing.

Imagine new player tanks, f that. They prob don't even know their spells and you think they should be thrown into dungeons after making their Dragonflight boosted toon?

No, they need level up content to get a feel for the game. Otherwise they would feel overwhelmed and quit.

And yes they do care, why else you think we've been getting boosts since wod and the new exiles reach?

Before wod if you wanted to bring in a new friend you'd have to make sure they leveled from 1 to 90 without heirlooms.

But getting rid of the leveling climb is asking for too much.
    Boosts exist for people too lazy to level alts. And even if that's not the case, Blizzard could just keep the boost to level 50 and not add one to level 60. Problem solved.

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    How does this make sense when "Micro-Classes" and "Class Skins" are functionally very, VERY different? Like, they are opposite of each other in terms of gameplay footprint.
    It doesn't fake leak is fake.

- - - Updated - - -

Boosts exist for people too lazy to level alts. And even if that's not the case, Blizzard could just keep the boost to level 50 and not add one to level 60. Problem solved.
    And leave the leveling process for new players forever more be in shadow lands?? The bestest more awesomest received expansion in forever?

And boosts were for both. But they specifically said it was demoralizing for new players without heirlooms to level from 1 to 90 in order to play with their veteran friends.

It doesn't fake leak is fake.
    Of course. My point here is that OP's logic is flawed at the core, even putting aside issues of legitimacy of the leak, and the unlikeliness of hiring T&E for astroturfing.

(And it's not even that they wouldn't hire wowtubers, but that T&E is know for making predictions that don't come true so where is the credibility there?)

Quote Originally Posted by MyWholeLifeIsThunder View Post
    Of course. My point here is that OP's logic is flawed at the core, even putting aside issues of legitimacy of the leak, and the unlikeliness of hiring T&E for astroturfing.

(And it's not even that they wouldn't hire wowtubers, but that T&E is know for making predictions that don't come true so where is the credibility there?)
    They're just some lurker who got the motivation to make a senseless post.

As arrogant and self-assured as Varx is and much as I loath to agree with them on anything, he does have a point about the micro-classes and the dubious legitimacy of the text leak. While I doubt it is real, there maybe be elements of it that aim true, but those are most likely lucky hits as was the guess of the name which is the second time I've seen the name used for a leak over last few months.
    On silken ebony wings the harbinger of death arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by ulillillia View Post
    What are you even talking about?

I am asking, why do these people only post one picture of a cinematic and not the entire thing, and why only a couple of days before the reveal, every time.

And your answer is "cause that's how leaks are"?

Say nothing if you have nothing of value to say.
    Sometimes they do post the whole video. Look at the Spider-Man No Way Home trailer leak that happened last year. Or even the more recent Elden Ring trailer leak. But it’s more common to just get a single photo since snapping a photo is typically easier and more subtle than recording a video.

Are you being stupid on purpose?
    Last edited by Sugani; 2022-04-13 at 01:10 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I absolutely believe that the last couple of leaks were all intentionally done by Blizzard. It's just always something. Bolvar cinematic picture, Alexstrasza picture. Especially the stuff that gets datamined, right in the weeks before the announcement. Kul Tiras prior to BFA. Now the Emerald Drake. It would be too much of a coincidence. That they always slip up right before the expansion gets announced. And such obvious things, that anybody would be like "should we put this in there, because somebody will probably find it, shouldn't we wait until it's announced?". Even the Worgen and Goblin masks prior to Cataclysm. Imagine being an employee in the company and thinking it's a good idea to put them in there. Seems all intentional now in hindsight. I'm not buying the disgruntled employee thing anymore.
    Can tell you for a fact, the stuff getting leaked makes blizz very angry, it ruins a lot of the controlled hype, and causes players minds to go wild and always over-blow what is actually coming. and then people who may have gotten the names correct randomly get "confirmed" even if they arnt real, which if it was shown off at the event it woulda been instantly discredited.

blizz does not like when these leak, if they wanted to build hype they just release the event, it gives far more control over the hype, and lets them manage expectations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    I feel the same. Build hype and get people excited about “leaks”
    nah, its much better to just have an actual announcment then a "leak" leaks are impossible to control and usually lead to people massivly overestimating or overblowing minor stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Ah, yes. So they are yet to predict something that will actually happen lol. They were wrong about tinkers, class skins in 9.0 and probably in 10.0 as well.
    they have actually predicted a fair few things, a LOT of thing, just because they did not get those 3 things right does not mean they have never gotten anything right.

- - - Updated - - -

1. Why doesn't anyone leak more than just one image of a cinematic or one image of the artwork with the logo? Especially if it's a disgruntled employee? Why not record the entire cinematic and leak it? Why not leak tons of artwork instead of just one picture? Why not leak some dirty info like the harassment stuff?

2. Why is it always so conveniently 1-2 weeks before the announcement? Why is it never an entire year before? It seems very fortunate that these leaks always come at the right time to hype up the expansion. And they work on more than just one expansion at any given time. That means right now, they know what the expansion after Dragonflight is going to be. Where is that leak? Why not give us the rough idea of what is supposed to be happening down the line in the next couple of expansions.

Quite honestly, the fact that there are thousands of employees with connections to thousands of other people, makes it even more likely this is all controlled by Blizzard and intentionally leaked, because with so many people having access to this information, leaks would happen every day. They would at least happen more often than just once every two years, coincidentally right before the expansion release.
    because the only people who have full knowledge of the entire expansion, if they revealed such info would be VERY easy to figure out who it was that leaked said info.

most devs may have a couple art assets
    a few may have knowledge of a zone or two
    some may know the new class

but there is few people who know EVERYTHING.
    and those that do would easily be revealed if they leaked stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Now you're backpedaling. You just said there are thousands of employees etc. so something is bound to get leaked, and now you say "well it's only a very small number of people that actually are in the know."

Pick one.

But it doesn't matter how many people know. Because whoever leaks it could still provide more information.
    yes there is thousands of exomployees and each employee only knows a couple things about the expansion, they dont all know every single detail, so there may have well been countless leaks already, but just

"One of the new zones is named X"

Ok its literally just that so no one cares, no one pays it any mind, but it is a zone a dev has been working on and decided to leak.

- - - Updated - - -

Then why doesn't more get leaked? Why always right before the expansion, and not the whole year over?
    Cause idk if you know but if you get caught leaking information, you will NEVER work in the industry ever again.

no fucking company is going to hire someone who was fired for BREAKING THE LAW BY DISOBEYING AN NDA TO LEAK GAME INFORMATION.

so not many people are willing to risk it for... literally no fucking benefit.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Sometimes they do post the whole video. Look at the Spider-Man No Way Home trailer leak that happened last year. Or even the more recent Elden Ring trailer leak. But it’s more common to just get a single photo since snapping a photo is typically easier and more subtle than recording a video.
    I'm talking about World of Warcraft leaks.

I wouldn't bother, he's either trolling or actually acting like stupid on purpose, which is the same thing. Keeps doing this over and over everywhere in more threads. Starts an argument, then derails the topic of it at every post by talking about a different thing and then acts like you are the one trolling him or being stupid. No actual person who wanted to prove they understand the topic being talked about would act like that. Probably just wants to pick a fight. There's people providing actual interesting responses in the thread, no need to feed the troll
    Last edited by Mnemosia; 2022-04-13 at 02:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnemosia View Post
    I wouldn't bother, he's either trolling or actually acting like stupid on purpose, which is the same thing. Keeps doing this over and over everywhere in more threads. Starts an argument, then derails the topic of it at every post by talking about a different thing and then acts like you are the one trolling him or being stupid. No actual person who wanted to prove they understand the topic being talked about would act like that. Probably just wants to pick a fight. There's people providing actual interesting responses in the thread, no need to feed the troll
    1. You weren't able to provide any good arguments in that other thread and then started getting dishonest. Don't bring your animosity here and tell lies about me.

2. The very same person you quoted is talking about leaks outside of WoW, when it is clear that I was only ever talking about WoW leaks, and I even made that clear in the post above you, but you didn't read that or any of the other posts I made in this thread. So stop being dishonest. This is the last I will respond to you, because you are clearly not arguing in good faith.

1. You weren't able to provide any good arguments in that other thread and then started getting dishonest. Don't bring your animosity here and tell lies about me.

2. The very same person you quoted is talking about leaks outside of WoW, when it is clear that I was only ever talking about WoW leaks, and I even made that clear in the post above you, but you didn't read that or any of the other posts I made in this thread. So stop being dishonest. This is the last I will respond to you, because you are clearly not arguing in good faith.
    Even if you were just talking about Blizzard, the points are shared between all development houses. Most people won't risk their reputation by leaking something, all sign NDA's requiring them to not leak this stuff or face punishments. And when it is leaked, it's typically done by a third-party person who saw something they shouldn't have seen and capitalized on it. Hence why you typically get a single photo over an entire video. It's easier, more subtle, and you are less likely to get caught. Your failure to understand how this works to believe some stupid conspiracy is a bit awe-inspiring, but then again, some people believe the world is flat.

Back to your original post.

1. Why doesn't anyone leak more than just one image of a cinematic or one image of the artwork with the logo? Especially if it's a disgruntled employee? Why not record the entire cinematic and leak it? Why not leak tons of artwork instead of just one picture? Why not leak some dirty info like the harassment stuff?

2. Why is it always so conveniently 1-2 weeks before the announcement? Why is it never an entire year before? It seems very fortunate that these leaks always come at the right time to hype up the expansion. And they work on more than just one expansion at any given time. That means right now, they know what the expansion after Dragonflight is going to be. Where is that leak? Why not give us the rough idea of what is supposed to be happening down the line in the next couple of expansions.
    1. As I stated before, it's much easier to snap a single photo in passing if you're trying not to get caught. Most times it isn't a disgruntled employee because even disgruntled employees aren't stupid enough to risk their reputation on it, and those that do, don't last long in the industry, let alone make it to the production level Blizzard is at. Usually, these leaks are by third-party individuals that saw something they shouldn't have.

2. Isn't it obvious? This is when they ramp up their marketing campaigns and get them ready for launch. This means they're reaching out to third parties, which means more outside eyes get their hands on the material they need to market. And while those third parties typical have NDA's to sign, more eyes means more points of failure.
    Last edited by Sugani; 2022-04-13 at 06:46 AM.