Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Neverafter View Post
    Totally weird tin-foil theory, but here it is.

What if Dragonsworn isn't a new class the way we usually think of one? What if Dragonsworn are an experiment for wow, to give players a sense of the 1 character-any class thing from Final Fantasy? That is to say, the various Dragonflights serve a similar function as Covenants, but instead of only imbibing 1 or two abilities, it's a complete overhaul.

A character decides to serve the Blue Dragonflight. Now you have the option to play whatever class you already have, or you can play as a Blue Dragon-functionally becoming a mage. Your abilities, specs, gear, everything becomes a mage.

Black dragonflights can be warriors, Green would be druids, Red priests, etc.

Like I said, probably won't happen, but it would be an interesting experiment
    This is better than the 4th-spec version I've said in the past because core-class abilities are always a problem with 4th specs available to more than one class. Changing everything about the class to a single-function class/spec that can possible be a different tank/healer/DPS role is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    If it’s a mail wearing, magic casting, melee fighter … isn’t that a shaman?

I struggle with how they could be that distinguishable from what we have now, but I guess I’m not paid to do so.
    Is a destruction warlock a fire mage? I think both can exist and feel different based on lore.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    If they were cosmetic only and we had the freedom to switch at any time, it wouldn't even be that bad. That said, I'm not advocating for them to continue with Covenants. All I'm saying is that historically they've usually iterated on the past expansion's borrowed power system in one way or another, so betting on 10.0 having a system that's "like Covenants, but a little different" isn't a bad gamble.
    From a broader point of view, every expansion has had some faction you grinded daily quests for to earn rep to get rewards.

By that metric, covenants were kinda like faction grinds on crack.

It was the covenant locking and imbalances that made the whole system a miserable experiment I hope they never repeat.

As long as folks can freely switch with no penalties and the system is account wide, I'm down for whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Is a destruction warlock a fire mage? I think both can exist and feel different based on lore.
    I think two specs from different classes overlapping isn’t quite the same issue as the descriptor of two classes being extremely similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Right, why means this is merely a gameplay mechanic that makes you undead creature type so you have access to synergies, like death coil heals and such.

This ability has nothing to do with actually becoming a Lich. It merely has the name 'Lichborne'. No difference than Warlocks having 'Glyph of Demon Hunting' that turns them into a Demon Form. They aren't Demon Hunters, nor do they ever become one.
    Had that glyph. They no longer do.
    And there is a reason why it's called Lichborne.

No. That is why you're wrong.

Your entire argument is based on a maybe, while I'm literally pointing at the lack of evidence you have for Night Elf Wardens being connected to Rangers. Just because you can make an assumption doesn't mean it could be true. Imagine if you said 'Maybe Wardens will be closer to Shadow Hunters than you think', would you believe they would be the same class? Theres enough differences to see that there is no real connection. Blizzard never showed any intention for them to be the same. They have different purposes, functions, lore and goals. If Blizzard wanted Shadow Hunters and Wardens to be the same because both classes use shadowy dark magic and wielding large Glaive weapons, they would have written in a connection. And clearly, none exist. Same goes with the lack of connection between Wardens and Rangers.

Honestly, what connection does a Night Elf Warden have to any living Night Elf Ranger? If you can't make this connection, then trying to apply one for Dark Warden and Dark Ranger isn't going to help your argument.
    Ok, here it is then:

Both the Priestess of the Moon and Warden follow Elune and use her abilities.
    Both Priestess of the Moon and Warden use owls.
    Both Night Warrior and Warden wield glaives.

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Camon, how you would combine magical Archer that clearly not wearing Plate armor with melee Glaive(or Chakram) wielder that wears Plate armor.

I can get that in WC3 with its ugly textures you would suppose to image that Warden wears some rag tattered shirts and cape, but nowdays its clearly Plate.
    That's where the Night Warrior comes in, wielding glaives.
    Moreover, you've got these skins from HotS:

Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Funny that you think there won't be any tinker lore in Dragonflight. I suggest you do Tazavesh soon and rethink that stance OP.
    Oh, great... you're back.
    What does Tazavesh has to do with Dragonflight?

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Had that glyph. They no longer do.
    And there is a reason why it's called Lichborne.

Ok, here it is then:

Oh, great... you're back.
    What does Tazavesh has to do with Dragonflight?
    Tazavesh teases goblin lore.

Gallywix is seen making a deal with brokers. Implying we'll be getting some cosmic/tinker shenanigans im 10.0 which means tinkers since no other class hold water over them

5+ Year Old Account

Damn, this skin looks ugly imho, since i fail to see what kind armor it is.. cloth,leather or mail, by tradition if armor looks ugly aF its must be MAIL.
    They wasted potential in making flying circle thing in warden chakram form, and once again i can't get what it is, Green dragon has flying moon over its head and now this.... some kind magic item or blessing of the moon? And gosh. this bow-glaive looks OMEGA ugly, there so many ways to theme Bow after Moon or Claws, other than making it look like broken spine of bear druid. (Malfurion was bad husband, we got it)

This one would do, but since midriff is banned in WoW that makes chances of it appearing very slim, lets count female characters that was censored due to showing skin of their belly: Jaina,Sylvanas,Alexstrasza.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2022-04-12 at 09:13 PM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Tazavesh teases goblin lore.

Gallywix is seen making a deal with brokers. Implying we'll be getting some cosmic/tinker shenanigans im 10.0 which means tinkers since no other class hold water over them
    What makes you think it would be in 10.0 and not later?

Quote Originally Posted by cocomen2 View Post
    Damn, this skin looks ugly imho, since i fail to see what kind armor it is.. cloth,leather or mail, by tradition if armor looks ugly aF its must be MAIL.
    They wasted potential in making flying circle thing in warden chakram form, and once again i can't get what it is, Green dragon has flying moon over its head and now this.... some kind magic item or blessing of the moon? And gosh. this bow-glaive looks OMEGA ugly, there so many ways to theme Bow after Moon or Claws, other than making it look like broken spine of bear druid.

This one would do, but since midriff is banned in WoW that makes chances of it appearing very slim, lets count female characters that was censored due to showing skin of their belly: Jaina,Sylvanas,Alexstrasza.
    I'm not here to talk about your aesthetic preferences.

What makes you think it would be in 10.0 and not later?

I'm not here to talk about your aesthetic preferences.
    Because wow needs a new class now, not later.

Ok, here it is then:

Priestess of the Moon aren't Rangers or Dark Rangers.

They are Priestess of the Moon.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ranger

You will see no where is the Priestess of the Moon ever listed in there.

These are basically Class skins, nothing more. I'd be fine if we got a fancy Class Skin that allowed Wardens to be playable, I have no problem with that. I wouldn't attach it to a Hunter though.

10+ Year Old Account
    There won't be any "dragonsworn" class. It's like...

a. There is like half a dozen classes based on well known heroes or units to introduce before that.
    b. What is this even?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisisvacant View Post
    Feel free to describe what a "dragonsworn" class is. Tinkers are at least actual classes already.
    I don't believe the class will be called Dragonsworn, but with Alexstraza on the cover of the expansion, there's a very high likelihood that the next class is going to be based on this;

https://heroesofthestorm.fandom.com/wiki/Alexstrasza

Why? Three major reasons;

1. The new class' archetypal hero is always pictured on the cover of the expansion of their debut. Lich King/Arthas was on the cover of WotLK. Chen Stormstout was on the cover of MoP. Illidan was on the cover of Legion. Alexstraza is presumably on the cover of Dragonflight. Clearly, this indicates the new class (if there is one and that cover is real) is based on her.

2. Blizzard themselves stated that new classes must match the setting and the story of the expansion. If Alexstraza is on the cover, obviously a class based on her will fit. Also it's rather easy to have Alexstraza fit into an expansion titled "Dragonflight".

3. Since Legion, Blizzard has been placing HotS abilities and concepts into the WoW classes and NPCs. Demon Hunters got HotS abilities and concepts. Shaman, Death Knights, Hunters and other classes have been getting HotS abilities. Gazlowe and Sylvanas has both received their HotS kits in WoW. It stands to reason that HotS has replaced WC3 as the basis for WoW's classes. This includes the Tinker, because while Gazlowe's HotS kit has entered WoW, his WC3 kit has not, which indicates that it may have been abandoned.

With that said, we still don't know exactly what this possible dragon-based class is called, or how it's structured. My Dragonborne concept is based on all three HotS dragon characters occupying three specs, however, there is a chance that the actual class could only be one flight (Red).

Anyway, we'll find out for sure in a week.

I feel like the whole "Dragonsworn" idea is something that some parts of the online community have fixated on and they have now hyped themselves up without much real evidence that it's a likely outcome. Until I started reading through this thread I had absolutely no clue wtf a Dragonsworn was supposed to be, and I've paid pretty close attention to Warcraft's story for years. There isn't really any discussion of it in the game and it's only overtly mentioned in some very obscure corners of the lore. The little lore that does exist pretty much paints them just as mortal servants of the dragons and states they aren't any one discipline or class. That doesn't seem like a particularly concrete idea for a new class to me.

That said, I'm not saying that it can't or won't happen. Maybe Blizzard has since limited the meaning of the term to certain individuals and have created a singular class out of it like people are suggesting. I'm down with them trying to be original/creative and not relying on the most common fantasy classes. But I do think that it's a mistake to assume that it's a given that they'll add this as a class just because people talk about it a lot online.

If that leak about the mini-class with 1 spec, is true, I think blizz might add these sub specs to missing roles of each class. For example locks/hunters/mages get the tank spec, dk/warriors/rogues get healer spec, and hybrid specs would get a 2nd dps spec. This gives players more freedom and options to fill different roles for m+ & raids. Pure DPS classes can now tank increasing the tank pool for M+. hybrid specs now have an alternative dps spec, ret/spriest rejoice!? .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    I feel like the whole "Dragonsworn" idea is something that some parts of the online community have fixated on and they have now hyped themselves up without much real evidence that it's a likely outcome. Until I started reading through this thread I had absolutely no clue wtf a Dragonsworn was supposed to be, and I've paid pretty close attention to Warcraft's story for years. There isn't really any discussion of it in the game and it's only overtly mentioned in some very obscure corners of the lore. The little lore that does exist pretty much paints them just as mortal servants of the dragons and states they aren't any one discipline or class. That doesn't seem like a particularly concrete idea for a new class to me.

That said, I'm not saying that it can't or won't happen. Maybe Blizzard has since limited the meaning of the term to certain individuals and have created a singular class out of it like people are suggesting. I'm down with them trying to be original/creative and not relying on the most common fantasy classes. But I do think that it's a mistake to assume that it's a given that they'll add this as a class just because people talk about it a lot online.
    What's your view on this class concept;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-Concept-2022

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    What's your view on this class concept;

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...s-Concept-2022
    It seems like a creative, very involved, and well-thought out concept for a dragon-based class, tbh. It would obviously be a departure from any of the classes already established in the lore, but it's a cool idea. I'd honestly want a class like this over something more familiar like Dark Ranger or Necromancer, even if I think that it's less likely that Blizzard would implement it.

The only immediate issue that I saw was that there may be some issues transforming into full-sized adult dragons when we're fighting in tight spaces. But if the size is scaled down or you change the transformation to drakes/winged-dragonspawn or something then it'd probably be fine.

Anyways, good job putting all of that together!

Because wow needs a new class now, not later.
    We're not talking about a new class. We're talking about the thing that's going on between Gallywix and the Brokers.
    Don't you think Brokers need to be relevant to the expansion for that to be followed up?

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Priestess of the Moon aren't Rangers or Dark Rangers.

They are Priestess of the Moon.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Ranger

You will see no where is the Priestess of the Moon ever listed in there.
    Ranger
    Sentinel pierces the first Hero hit. Its width is increased by 25% and deals up to 250% more damage based on distance traveled.

Ranger's Mark
    Basic Attacks reduce the cooldown of Hunter's Mark by 2 seconds. Basic Attacks against marked targets reduce the cooldown of Lunar Flare by 4 seconds.

Welcome to reality.

These are basically Class skins, nothing more. I'd be fine if we got a fancy Class Skin that allowed Wardens to be playable, I have no problem with that. I wouldn't attach it to a Hunter though.
    No, they're not. Because these things aren't playable yet.
    You can't just dress up your hunter as a Warden just because it could wield a bow. You don't take its abilities into consideration.
    These HotS skins are showing you the possible connection made between Wardens and PotMs.

Calling it = Legion order halls return, but every class have to hang out with a sub-class orderhall.
    Warriors - Blademaster
    Rogues - wardens
    huntards - rark dangers

priest - pristess ( U GET AN BOW? *YOU GET A GUN??!*)
    Last edited by Xi Jinping; 2022-04-13 at 04:15 AM.

No, they're not. Because these things aren't playable yet.
    You can't just dress up your hunter as a Warden just because it could wield a bow. You don't take its abilities into consideration.
    These HotS skins are showing you the possible connection made between Wardens and PotMs.
    You linked Tyrande in a Warden skin. Yiu realize she doesn't have Warden abilities with that skin either, right?

Those are literally just skins. Class skins would work fine representing that.

I feel like the speculation is particularly baseless this season lol