Chromie in HotS is essentially just a uno-card Mage, I dont really see where her kit is unique at all compared to an Arcane Mage.

Her Q and W are as basic abilities as it gets, her E is just a glorified non-attackable Frost Nova + Deepfreeze, and her second Ult is essentially Alter Time but for the enemy.

I think people put far too much emphasis on the word Envoker.

The Class will very likely be called Invoker during development cycles due to it invoking three of the Dragonflights powers.
    I doubt they'll go lower or above that and just let the Class sit at 3 specs.

Black: Tank or DPS Agility Melee
    Bronze: Ranged/DPS Intelligence Caster

The only important question is if its gonna be Red or Green Dragonflight for the healing spec. I would say that Blue is out since its nothing else but a Mage, and with Ysera being essentially "dead" in Ardenweald (and touching a bit too close to Druids), the only living Dragonflight Leaders we have are Wrathion, Nozdormu and Alexstrasza.

So the healing spec is gonna be Red Dragonflight, possibly how its handled in HotS, dealing fire DoT damage to support, somewhat in the way of a Disc Priest, and to heal your teammates.

Theoretically they could stretch this Class up to five specs and include all Dragonflights but we gotta be realistic and honest here, this is Blizzard we are talking about. I am not even certain if it will even get 3. Maybe less specs would be for the better considering what for a design and gameplay failure Demon Hunter is.

Either way, if you cannot transform to a Dragon in Combat, its gonna be rather meh in the end anyway imo, unless the customizations with a Tail, Scales and Horns will make up for it. But knowing Blizzard and with Dragons being too big, and a scaled down Dragon Form looking too weird (not to mention 20 of them in a Raid), it's probably just the Flight Form.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Wtf happened here today, suddenly there's another 30 extra pages, did any new leaks pop up?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Which honestly lends itself to the hint, since it said that the class was similar to DHs. However, the main difference is that Alexstraza's class would be ranged and have three specs including a healing spec, while the DH is melee and 2 specs.

A dragon class is pretty much required to wear mail. I do agree that the heal and RDPS specs should be INT. The Tank spec should be AGI.

I certainly hope so.
    If the new class (Well, if there is a new class to begin with lol) is a mail user, I hope to fucking god that they remove armor restrictions from transmog, because most mail armor looks so fucken bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    It's more than likely this though;

RDPS:https://heroesofthestorm.fandom.com/wiki/Chromie
    Heal: https://heroesofthestorm.fandom.com/wiki/Alexstrasza
    Tank: https://heroesofthestorm.fandom.com/wiki/Deathwing

With Blue and Green omitted because of their closeness with Druids and Mages.
    Ohh, imagine being able to tank as an actual dragon just as druids do with bear, that'd be pretty sick

15+ Year Old Account
    Night warrior is also a class blizzard could introduce, after they've shown that you can survive it and it's not limited to night elves.
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...

Leak incoming

Dragonsworn Class (think 2hand wielding caster/melee themed around spear and Alexstrasza's red dragonflight)
    Tank spec - based off healing yourself with flames that also burn your enemy.. as well as protecting yourself with flames.. ofcourse
    Ranged DPS - spec basically a rip off of Red Mage.. cast building a meter that you jump in to deplete in melee then get back out
    Healer spec - very interesting Melee based healer.. think disc priest but in melee

all 3 specs are derived from Alexstrasza's theme if i didnt already make that clear

-edit- woops in my haste i forgot to mention that you do not turn into a dragon like dh turn into demons you are just bestowed the power of her flight
    Last edited by Dragonsworn; 2022-04-14 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheraz View Post
    Night warrior is also a class blizzard could introduce, after they've shown that you can survive it and it's not limited to night elves.
    Honestly, with Tyrande's whole Illidan-lite getup, Night Warrior would be a cooler skin for DH than the alleged and almost certainly fake Warden one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsworn View Post
    Leak incoming

Dragonsworn Class (think 2hand wielding caster/melee themed around spear and Alexstrasza's red dragonflight)
    Tank spec - based off healing yourself with flames that also burn your enemy.. as well as protecting yourself with flames.. ofcourse
    Ranged DPS - spec basically a rip off of Red Mage.. cast building a meter that you jump in to deplete in melee then get back out
    Healer spec - very interesting Melee based healer.. think disc priest but in melee

all 3 specs are derived from Alexstrasza's theme if i didnt already make that clear
    Wow, how incredibly convenient that this comes up immediately following multiple pages of hot discussion over such a concept.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    WoW mages are literally Evokers in D&D's context. The original magic system of warcraft was/is even based on D&Ds classification of magic schools (evokation, transmutation, necromancy, etc.) and mage lore pretty much tells us that they just evoke their elemental powers from somewhere else. So an evoker class would be absolute nonsense. It's like implementing a felmancer class, because warlock wasn't warlocky enough.
    I agree with this assessment. In addition, looking at the localization (i mentioned this some 30 pages or so back) it would not make sense to have an evoker as a class as it does not translate well into other languages. Evoker as is, is just a mage under a different name.

Leak incoming

-edit- woops in my haste i forgot to mention that you do not turn into a dragon like dh turn into demons you are just bestowed the power of her flight
    They're gonna struggle making specs with multiple Dragonflights at their disposal and you want to tell me they want to make one into three?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Vakir View Post
    Wow, how incredibly convenient that this comes up immediately following multiple pages of hot discussion over such a concept.
    Believe me or dont you'll see in 5 days no skin off my back.. Just sharing what i was told

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by High Tinker Buliwyf View Post
    They're gonna struggle making specs with multiple Dragonflights at their disposal and you want to tell me they want to make one into three?
    From what ive been told the struggle has been trying to get the ranged spec to flow correctly.. And the healer spec to not feel too gimped when forced out.. Not with coming up with abilities

Leak incoming

While I don't doubt at least *one* spec leaning primarily on Alexstrasza's themes, I don't think they'd do a dragon class using only one flight's powers. Even is red is the most "heroic" one. So yeah no.

Though I'd be lying if I said I hadn't considered the same idea, seeing Alexstrasza's new key art.

Believe me or dont you'll see in 5 days no skin off my back.. Just sharing what i was told

- - - Updated - - -

From what ive been told the struggle has been trying to get the ranged spec to flow correctly.. And the healer spec to not feel too gimped when forced out.. Not with coming up with abilities
    Why are you here defending your leak? If it was real you'd just dump your info and then leave.

i love all the leakers appearing now

none are credible of course but its always fun

Did something happen in the last days (except the announcement for the stream) or nothing new?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by D4nnYb0Y View Post
    Read pages 2061 - 2064 for the full context. Reading between the lines it sounds like the class name is Evoker and one of the specs will be Chronomancy.

Kind of strange IMO since I would think Invoker would be more appropriate in this context. Evoker is a Wizard subclass in DnD specializing in Evocation (offensive) magic. Plus Invoke is a keyword in the Hearthstone dragon expansion specifically relating to invoking the powers of Galakrond.

Maybe Evoker will be themed as a Sorcerer similar to a DnD Dragonblood Sorcerer?
    @Scaleface and @feniela any new info before bedtime?
    You know what, unlike Demo Locks, if Evoker does really steal some things from Arcane Mages and the spec will need to be reworked I, as a main Mage for over 10 years, would be extremely happy, Blizzard butchered the spec since Legion and it is a pain in the ass to play these days.

I hope the new class is indeed Evoker and Arcane is completely reworked. Maybe it'll become enjoyable to play this time.

Am I missing the joke or is this just a big flub on this MMO-Champ banner design they just added??

March 19th? lol MARTY WE MISSED THE DRAGONFLIGHT REVEAL!
    DRAGONMIRE BINGO
    2024 - 11.0 - The 10th Expansion - The 20th Anniversary of World of Warcraft
    For Azeroth!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LemonDemonGirl View Post
    I know this has been brought up many, many times, but I'd LOVE to have a true, actual Vampire Race (or class, like what ESO does. You get a new set of abilities/Talents when you become a Vampire), that's NOT a DK or a Venthyr. San'layn are almost like what I want, but they're only elves so far.
    Ahhh a kindred spirit

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I checked out for most of BFA and almost all of SL, when did they start doing like, PvE seasons? I see discussion of that in this thread a lot and keep wondering why a subscription only game would do non-pvp seasons.

Would be interesting if they implemented some kind of reward track.
    It was forming for years.

First step were catch up methods and resigning from 'linear' progression after TBC. Design where you returned to game and you were useless until someone run you through older content simply sucked, which we can watch live on TBC Classic (at least people are now much more skilled, so it doesn't matter as much as in the past). Then they slowly start realizing that it doesn't make sense that launch has shit ton of raid bosses compared to patches (which make sense in TBC, but not so much when new tier invalidate old one). Gap between launch raid and 'tier' raid start increasing, from few weeks in MoP, to 2 months in WoD, 4 months in Legion.

Also over years people start complaining that dungeons have too short lifespan, challenge mode was not enough. Even if in some patches they were needed for some currency, they were piss easy, brainless daily content like world quests nowadays. So in Legion M+ was introduced. But after first raid was done and item level of raid increased, they had to up rewards so dungeons still compete with raid loot. Instead of making new levels for M+ they decided to just increase difficulty for all dungeons from Normal to M+ by 30 item levels that become standard gap between raid tiers (26 in SL).

In BfA they decided to not test just launch raid during Beta since 2nd is coming after few months anyway and can be test on PTR (there are also spoiler reasons, it was pretty silly we know who will be boss of 2/4 tiers of Legion year before even expac launched). M+ started to get different affix thematically connected to raid.

And this is moment when they officially start calling it seasons. But as you can see, there is no difference for raids since catch up gear started and for M+ since it's conception.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Did something happen in the last days (except the announcement for the stream) or nothing new?
    Yep, we crossed 2000 pages despite it was "impossible", imagine that.

What about semielves???
    Since there is a lot of speculations about revamped Lordaeron and Quel'Thalas in upcoming expansion and considering the fact that Kalesgos's (who is dragon) canonical humanoid form is semielf-semihuman (it's just upgraded old human model in game though), i think that semielf would be a nice neutral race, but dragonkin would work better for theme of expansion.

Thought I haven't seen posted before. What if the Dragon Isles are patch content (like Argus), and instead Dragonflight is in part about trying to find the Dragon Isles, with the 10.0 zones being just other new and/or revamped/phased zones?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Das Momo View Post
    Thought I haven't seen posted before. What if the Dragon Isles are patch content (like Argus), and instead Dragonflight is in part about trying to find the Dragon Isles, with the 10.0 zones being just other new and/or revamped/phased zones?
    I can see that. Also I'm a spiteful little dickhead who doesn't want DI to be a full expansion continent.