Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Lead characters for 10.0 guesses?

Let's jump the gun and make some predictions.

BFA saw Jaina, Talanji and Sylvanas as the main stars, then Azshara and N'zoth

Shadowlands had Sylvanas and Tyrande, with antagonist Zovaal and pawn Manduin. (although can we really include Anduin as a main star? I mean Arbiter, Winter Queen, Archon, Pelagos etc all had more screen time than he did.

So if it is a Dragonflight Expansion: Here is my guesses for main characters involved.

1. Alexstrazsa will star
    2. Jaina b/c of Kalec connection

Antagonist:
    Nozdorumu now Murazond

Anti-hero
    Wrathion

Smaller side characters:
    Chromie
    Sinestra
    Tyrande because of the green flight - either Ysera or her sister will beinvolved
    Elune possibly too.
    Calia
    Sylvanas is not done yet, she'll be phased back in
    Liadrin

I'd like to see more of
    1. Talanji
    2. Thalyssra
    3. Alleria
    4. Aggra
    5. Brightpawn and Magatha
    6. Azshara
    7. Lilian Voss

Bad guys:
    1. Turalyon - zealot (Yrel AU replaces him into 11.0)
    2. Genn - idiot

Potential Deaths
    1. Malfurion
    2. Lor'themar (Liadrin will replace him.
    3. Rokhan (Zentabra to lead the Darkspears)
    4. Muradin Bronzebeard, Moira rules the dwarves now

10+ Year Old Account
    Main Cast
    - All of the Dragon Aspects, but especially Wrathion, Alexstrasza, and I think Kalec
    - Elune
    - Completely new characters we meet on the Dragon Isles

Supporting Cast
    - Khadgar
    - Jaina
    - Tyrande
    - Velen (bring back the goat prophet, please)
    - Thrall
    - Baine (if we get more Elune lore, the old Tauren creation myth may became relevant and therefore Tauren as a whole might regain some relevance as well)
    - Genn/Tess

Absent
    - Turalyon (busy with overseeing Stormwind in Anduin's absence)
    - Alleria (doing stuff in Quel'Thalas or something, idk)
    - Calia (busy cleaning up after Sylvanas)
    - Anduin (hanging out in the Maw with Sylvanas for a bit)

Main Antagonists
    - Murozond and the Infinite dragonflight. I think present-day Nozdormu corrupting into Murozond will be in the cinematic
    - Chromatic dragonflight

Potential Deaths
    - Khadgar (I don't want him to but I'm afraid it might happen anyway)
    - Genn (he's been standing around doing nothing forever and with Sylvanas out of the picture, his revenge plot is gone too; I like Genn, but he doesn't serve much of a story purpose anymore so they might as well write him out and give Tess some depth)

The box art character is always a either an iconic WC3 character (Illidan, Arthas/Lich King, Chen, Grommash, Sylvanas) or an iconic early Warcraft character (Bolvar/Lich King). There are no iconic dragon characters in WC3, only from WoW. The most iconic dragon characters from WoW are Alexstraza, and Wrathion. Alexstraza is perhaps more visually iconic but players are far more familiar with the character of Wrathion, so either Alexstraza or Wrathion are candidates as the advertised main character.

Just because they are advertised as the main character doesn't mean that they will actually have much screentime in game. Illidan didn't show up in Legion until the patch content, and Bolvar barely had much presence in Shadowlands at all (he might have had more in the original version of Shadowlands, before it was hastily rewritten which coincided with Krexus being axed).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Strangely, Blizzard can't seem to decide if they want Jaina x Kalec to be a thing or not. In the Golden books they were, but ingame they weren't, so it was weird that they kept oscillating back and forth on the issue. Guess we'll finally see if Blizzard can commit to an idea.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    Potential Deaths
    - Genn (he's been standing around doing nothing forever and with Sylvanas out of the picture, his revenge plot is gone too; I like Genn, but he doesn't serve much of a story purpose anymore so they might as well write him out and give Tess some depth)
    Genn still needs to rebuild Gilneas, but considering the people who are writing WoW now ("Tyrande got vengeance for her people!") we'll be lucky if Gilneas is ever seen again, let alone rebuilt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Genn still needs to rebuild Gilneas, but considering the people who are writing WoW now ("Tyrande got vengeance for her people!") we'll be lucky if Gilneas is ever seen again, let alone rebuilt.
    Remember how they didn't fix the burning Park in SW until after Varian died and Anduin became King? Maybe that's just how it works in the Warcraft universe.

Genn dies --> Tess rebuilds Gilneas.

15+ Year Old Account
    The totally unknown Mr Dungeon Dragon (Jailor Dragon is kinda taken).
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    You forget Falstad Wildhammer, High Thane of the Wildhammer and thus disappointed Red Shirt Guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    The most iconic dragon characters from WoW are Alexstraza, and Wrathion. Alexstraza is perhaps more visually iconic but players are far more familiar with the character of Wrathion
    I would disagree there. Alex has been key plot character in a number of expansions and quest zones, as well as a character in a number of novels, not to mention her appearance in HotS. Wraithion is more recent, with his key part in dealing with N'zoth, but I wouldn't say he's iconic. Draconic, however, sure (hurr hurr :P)
    Last edited by Mic_128; 2022-04-15 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Had to add bad pun

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    I am anticipating Nozdormu having 'gone missing' at or just before the start of the xpac.
    Through the quest/campaign with the bronze dragons we eventually find out that he's gone mad and does whatever he needs to do to become murozond in the climax of said campaign. (at least part one)
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Chen isn't a Monk

Sylvanas

Lol. Jokes aside though... probably Sylvanas

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    You forget Falstad Wildhammer, High Thane of the Wildhammer and thus disappointed Red Shirt Guy
    When last did we see Falstad? Was he on the alliance ship docked in Boralus or sitting in Ironforge?

My guess would be Vereesa Windrunner taking a step forward.

I think as far as Wow Canon goes, Vereesa is probably the most featured Windrunner sister. It was Rhonin and herself that freed Alexstraza from the Dragonmaw clan, and they'll likely lean on alot of the Lore that came out of the Manga and books. Speaking of which, I really hope they get Richard Knaak to do the expansion's novel. He gave us the foundation for most Dragonflight lore so would be great to get him back.

10+ Year Old Account
    Let's jump the gun and make some predictions.

BFA saw Jaina, Talanji and Sylvanas as the main stars, then Azshara and N'zoth

Shadowlands had Sylvanas and Tyrande, with antagonist Zovaal and pawn Manduin. (although can we really include Anduin as a main star? I mean Arbiter, Winter Queen, Archon, Pelagos etc all had more screen time than he did.

So if it is a Dragonflight Expansion: Here is my guesses for main characters involved.

1. Alexstrazsa will star

Antagonist:
    Nozdorumu now Murazond

Anti-hero
    Wrathion

Smaller side characters:
    Chromie
    Sinestra
    Tyrande because of the green flight - either Ysera or her sister will beinvolved
    Elune possibly too.
    Calia
    Sylvanas is not done yet, she'll be phased back in
    Liadrin

I'd like to see more of
    1. Talanji
    2. Thalyssra
    3. Alleria
    4. Aggra
    5. Brightpawn and Magatha
    6. Azshara
    7. Lilian Voss

Bad guys:
    1. Turalyon - zealot (Yrel AU replaces him into 11.0)
    2. Genn - idiot

Potential Deaths
    1. Malfurion
    2. Lor'themar (Liadrin will replace him.
    3. Rokhan (Zentabra to lead the Darkspears)
    Sylvanas won't return that fast, I doubt it. There is apparently thousands of souls she has to retrieve first. Though, Anduin is likely, as he's just there of his free will.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Alleria Windrunner

- She's popular, everyone loves her.

- She's iconic, everyone has seen her statue.

- She has defied the whispers that broke the will of Dragons, as the first mortal in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the Shadow's whispers and ascend to a higher state.

- She will restore Quel'Thalas to the Alliance.

- She is the main threat to the Void Lords, as the only one in the history of the Cosmos who learned how to wield their own power against them.

- She is the de-facto High Queen of the Alliance and Queen of Stormwind.

Magister Umbric

- The only Alliance-affiliated Magister that we know of.

- Underrated character who has shown to be very ruthless and methodical in his approach.

- Staunch believer in the Alliance's ideals, there is a storyline to be told here.

- Befried Shandris Feathermoon of the Kaldorei during the Fourth War.

There will be Bowlstrasza and her empowered female friends who will combat toxic masculinity in order to birth Azeroth. Ofc their world their choice and in the end Jaina is going to decide to abort Azeroth. Everyone will stand up and clap.

On a more serious note, give me Azshara asmr quests.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sylvanas won't return that fast, I doubt it. There is apparently thousands of souls she has to retrieve first. Though, Anduin is likely, as he's just there of his free will.
    Wanna bet? I can think of several ways to expedite the process, especially if the life of Azeroth depends on it... call it a suspended sentence while she helps out - for example

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Au-burn View Post
    There will be Bowlstrasza and her empowered female friends who will combat toxic masculinity in order to birth Azeroth. Ofc their world their choice and in the end Jaina is going to decide to abort Azeroth. Everyone will stand up and clap.
    Well blizzard do have an image to fix and a reputation to change - so dont be srurpsied it would be super woke.

On a more serious note, give me Azshara asmr quests.
    The true throne of power - if that is somehow involving Azeroth - we likely would see Azshara, but we have to know what the main threat is or where it could next lead to, we will get her involved soon, I hope they do the naga properly then

Potential Deaths
    - Khadgar (I don't want him to but I'm afraid it might happen anyway)
    Khadgar was annointed as the current Guardian of Tirisfal by Prophet Velen, even though he did not accept the full extent of the power, this still gives him almost maximum plot armor and it is unlikely that he will pass away in an expansion since the guardians of tirisfal are meant to to be long time keepers, maybe in a novel that takes after the events of the last expansion.
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2022-04-15 at 12:47 PM.

Wanna bet? I can think of several ways to expedite the process, especially if the life of Azeroth depends on it... call it a suspended sentence while she helps out - for example

- - - Updated - - -

Well blizzard do have an image to fix and a reputation to change - so dont be srurpsied it would be super woke.

The true throne of power - if that is somehow involving Azeroth - we likely would see Azshara, but we have to know what the main threat is or where it could next lead to, we will get her involved soon, I hope they do the naga properly then
    They will try to suck the twitter dong but it's never enough with those people. In the end Blizz alienate their players.

The only novel I would actually like to read is about Azshara's rise.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvanas turns into a dragon and becomes Sylvanasztraza after it is revealed she was actually behind Zoval all along ever since the lost vikings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold my doubts still, for else it would null and void the arbiter's judgment, and fuck up half the story we've done in Shadowlands (Most likely to happen) but pulling Sylvanas out this early holds no benefit for story development, as the Forsaken needs a new chapter, and the content wouldn't serve her theme. Rather see one of her sisters being developed than using a ruined project to taint a future expansion so fast.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They will try to suck the twitter dong but it's never enough with those people. In the end Blizz alienate their players.

The only novel I would actually like to read is about Azshara's rise.
    Haha, I would love to write that novel

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Hold my doubts still, for else it would null and void the arbiter's judgment, and fuck up half the story we've done in Shadowlands (Most likely to happen) but pulling Sylvanas out this early holds no benefit for story development, as the Forsaken needs a new chapter, and the content wouldn't serve her theme. Rather see one of her sisters being developed than using a ruined project to taint a future expansion so fast.
    They could actually get Tyrande to call her back - especially if it's the only way to save Azeroth. - it would likely be as suspension for the sentence, i.e. she would be called back to finish her sentence after she'd done helping us.