Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    That could be a valid complaint. Although to be fair Blizz is always late on a trend but, in the end, does the trend better than everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

But its NOT a new random threat. The entire plotline of the evil dragons was to create the chromatic dragonflight. They kept failing. But the idea here is that there has finally been a success at creating a chromatic dragon. It wraps up the story line going back to WoW Vanilla.
    Chromatus is dead. He was killed during Cataclysm, he wasn't all that powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    I think people want a little more than just Dragons as the big bad or the main, like what other threats besides Chromatus could be included?

Hence why there's also this interest in the Lordaeron/Quel'thalas update that was mentioned in the leak. People wanna see how much things have changed and how expansions like Legion and BfA effected everything and how much has changed during our time in the Shadowlands... that raises more intrigue than anything involving the dragons.

And while Chromatus would be a nice final boss to the expansion, we need something to fill in the gaps in-between.
    Galakrond? The first experience any living being on Azeroth had with Undeath? Fits in perfectly with the undead in Northrend being loose and gives a reason for Scarlet content.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Chromatus is dead. He was killed during Cataclysm, he wasn't all that powerful.
    He isn't dead. His inanimate body is stored in a prison by the aspects.
    If anyone breaks open the prison and animates the body, he's back.

He is literally so powerful that his inanimate body can't be damaged.
    Last edited by Aydinx2; 2022-04-14 at 06:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    Galakrond? The first experience any living being on Azeroth had with Undeath? Fits in perfectly with the undead in Northrend being loose and gives a reason for Scarlet content.

- - - Updated - - -

He isn't dead. His inanimate body is stored in a prison by the aspects.
    If anyone breaks open the prison and animates the body, he's back.

Yeah you're right, Blizz will absolutely roll with a story like that..
    It happened in a book so they'll probably say it never happened

I mean its nice to be returning to our roots, as Dragonslayers and adventurers instead of the "Chosen one" but as pointed out the problem with "Modern wow" is the villian of the expansion has no build up
    think of Wrath? Arthas was well known and had a good build up
    Legion the burning legion again well known and good build up

Now look at modern wow. BFA was stated as "A faction war" with even the main trailer for the expansion being H v A Nzoth just came out of no where
    Shadowlands.... Well the jailer is boring bland and utterly disappointing, who had to have 20 eyars of lore retconned to make him seem credible, but that failed... he wasnt even in the Main trailer for the expansion

my biggest fear, if we do have a Dragonflight expansion and https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Chromatus is the main villian it will turn out exactly the same, because unless you read the books you have no idea who this person is, or there power level since he hasnt been mentioned once in game
    Last edited by Romanthony; 2022-04-15 at 12:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post

Why do you want scarlet crusade content? They are such a minor faction and are just the red versions of the silver hand, army of light, and argent crusade. No reason to bring them back when blizzard can bring back one of those other major factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Mustardisbad View Post
    Why do you want scarlet crusade content? They are such a minor faction and are just the red versions of the silver hand, army of light, and argent crusade. No reason to bring them back when blizzard can bring back one of those other major factions.
    the scarlets were an extremely compelling villain that had very understandable motivations and so they became a very worthy opponent that you want to defeat. and then blizz utterly ruins them by making them a joke while elevating other more obscure villains to top tier status.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Woggmer View Post
    There is a difference between Deathwing and Chromatus.

Deathwing was once Neltharion, but the Old Gods practically destroyed his mind where he pretty much has to destroy the world because the burden of being an Aspect of Earth was too much for him. Even the idea of the Titans treating Azeroth as "an experiment" was enough to push him over the edge and make him realize that everything he was designed to do was pointless.

Chromatus is literally a Frankenstein Monster... Nefarian's greatest creation where he wanted to construct the ultimate dragonflight, but Nefarian died before he could give it life. Then Archbishop Benedictus (The Twilight Father) gave it life so that it could be used against the Dragonflights. (Some even speculate that he was meant to take Ultraxion's place in the Dragon Soul raid but due to having 5 heads, it was a technical nightmare to string together.)

Not to mention that Deathwing isn't exactly invincible, his body was unstable and it took metal plates to keep his body together. "Only the adamantium plates bolted to his spine kept the power from destroying his body." Once those metal plates come off, he'd lose control of his body's form... hence why there's the Madness of Deathwing fight at the end of Dragon Soul.

Meanwhile Chromatus's body is completely intact, not a single spell that the Dragonflights could throw at him could destroy his body. "His body was indestructible, and concerned that some other dark power might try to revive Chromatus after its defeat, the dragons attempted in vain to destroy the corpse. Some powerful spell, probably woven into the dark marriage of magic and technology that had animated him in the first place protected the body from all their efforts to obliterate it."

The only way they could defeat him was by combining all their power into a single blast, but even then it just made him in-animate... neither dead, nor alive, nor undead.
    Azerite beam and dead.

Wow, that was interesting.

5+ Year Old Account
    WoW dragons just a power rangers.
    WoW titans just Celestials from Eternals.
    WoW cosmic forces just Lantern corps.

Why it all boring? since we already seen this shit over and over.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

So after fighting archimonde,kiljaeden,Aragus,nzoth, and the jailer…….u guys are gonna fight a simple dragon and call it an Xpac LOL, plis let wow die,get over it and start a new life, ull thank me later.

3+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of what the initial thoughts about the next expansion will turn out to be I can see them establishing new threats, and expanding older ones, alongside Dragons in this expansion. Like they have done many times before.

You can have Scarlet Crusade/politics being expanded upon, the dragonflights along with the "evil" dragonflights, as well as others like Titan/Void.

In MoP we tackled the Mantid, the Sha, the Mogu as well as internal threats. I would personally be more compelled to come back and play if we expanded upon/fleshed out older topics while also sprinkling some dragon-flavour over most of the expansion, and I don't see them doing ONLY dragons in a DRAGON expansion cause I think everyone can agree that'll be a bit too much

Quote Originally Posted by hecpercu View Post
    So after fighting archimonde,kiljaeden,Aragus,nzoth, and the jailer…….u guys are gonna fight a simple dragon and call it an Xpac LOL, plis let wow die,get over it and start a new life, ull thank me later.
    That's the problem with all this celestial conflict nonsense. It doesn't make for a better story, it doesn't make for a better game, and it's very hard to come back to a more grounded experience without people going 'wait a minute, these tiny stories are cute and all, but this is all a bit anticlimactic'.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    The Jailer was powerful and behind 65% of the events on Azeroth.
    'Lo, he was not interesting. The dragons of Warcraft are generally uninteresting from a lore perspective because they are written as such.
    He was interesting, but then again you said he was behind 65% of the events on Azeroth when in reality there is next to no proof that he was really behind anything other than the scourge. Denathrius you could say was a spark for a lot of the events, but saying the Jailer was behind them is not something you have any real proof of unless I'm missing something. There is no exact timeline that shows when 1) Denathrius joined Zovaal(the cinematic shows he was willing, but hadn't) or 2) the Nathrezim began infiltration as Denthrius could have done all of that for his own ends as you notice he was nowhere to be found in the new zone or raid. But then again how would you know since you dismissed Zovaal as not interesting even though he probably is one of the more interesting characters in recent history but some streamer told you "lore bad janitor bad character".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Romanthony View Post
    I mean its nice to be returning to our roots, as Dragonslayers and adventurers instead of the "Chosen one" but as pointed out the problem with "Modern wow" is the villian of the expansion has no build up
    think of Wrath? Arthas was well known and had a good build up
    Legion the burning legion again well known and good build up

Now look at modern wow. BFA was stated as "A faction war" with even the main trailer for the expansion being H v A Nzoth just came out of no where
    Shadowlands.... Well the jailer is boring bland and utterly disappointing, who had to have 20 eyars of lore retconned to make him seem credible, but that failed... he wasnt even in the Main trailer for the expansion

my biggest fear, if we do have a Dragonflight expansion and https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Chromatus is the main villian it will turn out exactly the same, because unless you read the books you have no idea who this person is, or there power level since he hasnt been mentioned once in game
    I mean it's easy for you to say "amg look at the past they had build up" when you're sitting there claiming the Jailer is bland and boring and yet praising Arthas lol. Arthas is WAY WAY more boring than anything you could ever lodge at the Jailer yet here you are just meme'ing for clout.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    He was interesting, but then again you said he was behind 65% of the events on Azeroth when in reality there is next to no proof that he was really behind anything other than the scourge. Denathrius you could say was a spark for a lot of the events, but saying the Jailer was behind them is not something you have any real proof of unless I'm missing something. There is no exact timeline that shows when 1) Denathrius joined Zovaal(the cinematic shows he was willing, but hadn't) or 2) the Nathrezim began infiltration as Denthrius could have done all of that for his own ends as you notice he was nowhere to be found in the new zone or raid. But then again how would you know since you dismissed Zovaal as not interesting even though he probably is one of the more interesting characters in recent history but some streamer told you "lore bad janitor bad character".
    Woof, don't even know where to start here. I guess in order of your absurdities!

Ok so you're saying the dreadlords (via the Legion {which they infiltrated/got kicked off in the first place}) filled Argus with death magic to break the Arbiter - is NOT a sign the Jailer was involved? That's what you're trying to claim? Denathrius put those pawns in play to feed all souls into the Maw on his own accord, denying his own realm a source of anima?
    Sure. Ok. That tracks.
    Totes.
    Mah.
    Goats.

And then I must ask, why would you say the Jailer is interesting? The stuff we see him say and do? His motivations?
    Cause all I've ever seen him do is call us foolish and talk about how smart his plan is. Oh! And yet somehow manage to fail to foresee us curb stomping him the first time we actually get to fight him.
    Yeah man, big fucking compelling character energy.

His motivations you say?!
    Ah yes. "Rewriting reality". And what exactly does that mean? Does he ever clarify or explain? No. Not once. And why does he want to rewrite reality? Is it because the cycle is unfair? Or is it so everyone has to serve him? Or is it because you know "the greater threat I never mentioned to anyone until I'm literally dying"? Cause I gotta say, not having a consistent motive or explaining what you even want beyond "change rules" isn't compelling to me. When I don't know what someone wants or why, I don't fucking care about them. Especially when they change what their vague stated goals are regularly.
    It's bad. Sorry. Like, objectively bad.
    Villains need motivations that can easily be explained and defined so we, the consumer of story, can either empathize or cast judgement or contemplate/fear the consequences. We literally can't do any of those things for the Jailer. I mean, unless you can explain what "rewrite reality so all can serve him to fight the gigabad" even means. Good luck cupcake.

And lastly, strap yourself in here champ, but I and many others can dismiss a bland AF character as uninteresting based on my own experiences within the game. I don't need someone to tell me how to feel. Though you certainly have a penchant for trying to make other people align with your perspective. Maybe you should go try making content to get the mindless masses you so despise to spout your opinions and get those sweet, sweet Likes.
    I digress.... anyways - I love when folks decide an opinion posited by a streamer means its the only source for said notion. It is just fucking wild shit. Those people average between like 10-150k views on their videos but WoW has millions of players. And yet! CLEARLY they must be the only possible origin for these perspectives.

Thank you for your post. It was a good laugh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    the scarlets were an extremely compelling villain that had very understandable motivations and so they became a very worthy opponent that you want to defeat. and then blizz utterly ruins them by making them a joke while elevating other more obscure villains to top tier status.
    Their motivations are understandable because it's happened in real life with every major religion and its been portrayed in other games / stories alot. You have a religion who has a leader that starts out good, but eventually a bad person takes over without them realizing it. Suddenly, they are on a crusade, killing everyone because their leader told them too. It's a real basic story that can only be taken so far. I mean we killed their entire monastery and all their leaders, so there is no reason for them to keep re-appearing when blizzard could focus on fresh content.

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardas View Post
    Well yes, but I hardly see how something being powerfull can be an argument towards said thing being interesting ?
    True. We have been fighting insanely powerful foes one after another for years, we're long past the point where their power level is even interesting, let alone a selling point.