Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have no expectations, so I am excited to see everything

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    You telll me to give an argument then giving nothing but subjective opinions as an argument for it? Double standard much? You didn't even give an argument for it.

AS I have said, they have far more than enough classes and Blizzard still can't balance those. Focus on finally getting the ones you have balanced.
    Its not subjective that wow is build upon gameplay first. Thats blizzards motto since forever.

Is not subjective that we havent had any actual gameplay changes since legion either.

Whats subjective exactly? That we need fresh gameplay? Thats what the arguments supports though?

THe premise is that gameplay grows stale after years of no changes here - if you can align with that then i guess its subjective - i do think most people can however.

classes and Blizzard still can't balance those
    Not only is this subjective, its arguably a false statement.

I've said this many times on this forum before and everytime i say it the people i argue against just straight up leave:

The game is extremely well balanced. Every single spec was represented on mythic Sylvanas 2 months after her release.

Every single spec is represented in m+25.

Unless you are part of the top 0,1% the game is absolutely perfectly balanced around its main features.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Its not subjective that wow is build upon gameplay first. Thats blizzards motto since forever.

Is not subjective that we havent had any actual gameplay changes since legion either.

Whats subjective exactly? That we need fresh gameplay? Thats what the arguments supports though?

THe premise is that gameplay grows stale after years of no changes here - if you can align with that then i guess its subjective - i do think most people can however.

Not only is this subjective, its arguably a false statement.

I've said this many times on this forum before and everytime i say it the people i argue against just straight up leave:

The game is extremely well balanced. Every single spec was represented on mythic Sylvanas 2 months after her release.

Unless you are part of the top 0,1% the game is absolutely perfectly balanced around its main features.
    Theres no point, lots of players are in denial on their inability to play competently, they blame the design instead of improving or correcting themselves as its an easy out for them to not feel like they're bad at games

Quote Originally Posted by choom View Post
    I hope there is not a new class
    Same here. We have enough.

- - - Updated - - -

I would agree with this.
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD

You telll me to give an argument then giving nothing but subjective opinions as an argument for it? Double standard much? You didn't even give an argument for it.

AS I have said, they have far more than enough classes and Blizzard still can't balance those. Focus on finally getting the ones you have balanced.
    Cant balance them is laughable. Classes have been more balanced this expansion than ever before. All of the tanks have been good this expansion. Healers are more balanced right now than they have ever been. most of the dps specs are in a good spot right now. But im sure you will focus on the 2-3 extreme outliers and use that as your example of "they cant balance anything" argument.

Yes, this game desperately needs a new class. A new class is a huge deal. A new class adds many, many hours of replayability for most** of the playerbase. Expansions that add new classes are typically regarded as the best expansions (WotLK, MoP, Legion) not only because of the new class of course but adding a new class is a huge time sink for players to use to fill the void of content droughts.

19th match kay den

Quote Originally Posted by Toby451 View Post
    Cant balance them is laughable. Classes have been more balanced this expansion than ever before. All of the tanks have been good this expansion. Healers are more balanced right now than they have ever been. most of the dps specs are in a good spot right now. But im sure you will focus on the 2-3 extreme outliers and use that as your example of "they cant balance anything" argument.

Yes, this game desperately needs a new class. A new class is a huge deal. A new class adds many, many hours of replayability for most** of the playerbase. Expansions that add new classes are typically regarded as the best expansions (WotLK, MoP, Legion) not only because of the new class of course but adding a new class is a huge time sink for players to use to fill the void of content droughts.
    The"outliers" as you call them prove they still haven't balanced ALL the classes. And no it does not desperately need a new class. You are not "most of the player base". The fact that this game has functioned fine the past 2 expansions without a new class proves it does not "desperately need a new class". I would rather they focus on balancing ALL classes and towards new content in the vein of Torghast, Mage Towers, and the like instead of wasting it one something that people will play for a little while then go back to their main and forget it ever existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Lets hope for a new class!
    Why though? Gameplaywise it won't be any different than any of the classes we already have. The Demon Hunter uses a resource that is in no way different to that of Warriors. The abilities are the usual builders and spenders.

The"outliers" as you call them prove they still haven't balanced ALL the classes. And no it does not desperately need a new class. You are not "most of the player base". The fact that this game has functioned fine the past 2 expansions without a new class proves it does not "desperately need a new class". I would rather they focus on balancing ALL classes and towards new content in the vein of Torghast, Mage Towers, and the like instead of wasting it one something that people will play for a little while then go back to their main and forget it ever existed.
    The game has in no way functioned fine the last two expansions. They where both giant shitshows.

And as i foresaw you had absolutely no retort to make and instead chose to ignore the post and go after someone else.

The classes are balanced. The outliers are because some classes scale extremely well with PI. Thats literally it - those are the outliers you see now.

For you and 99,9% of people it has 0 impact.

7+ Year Old Account
    I have no expectations, I was extremely hyped for Shadowlands but it ended up being a major disappointment.

I'm slightly optimistic that they actually listened to the general feedback and tuned down the systems, but we'll see I guess.

"no new class until we balance the game"
    "no new specs until we balance the game"

17 years of no balance... If we waited until the game was balanced to add anything new, we wouldn't have anything new at all lol... It's a dumb philosophy. Don't worry about balancing the game, just bring shit out, the more the better

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post
    Just wanted to say I tottaly agree with you in every point. When they started the book fiasco I remeber being utterly pissed I couldn't experience garrosh trial or even sylvana's suicide. I don't agree with having to move between mediums to understand stuff. I wan't to play a videogame not read a subpar work of fiction.

I mean... the writing is pretty garbage and the characters motivations are all over the place. This whole franchise has all been about shock value and wow factor that nowdays no one gives a shit anymore. No one gets surprised or even emotionaly attached to anything because everything is meaningless. Every toon can be rebirted when the narrative wants it and (as we seen with silvanus) there are no consequences to atrocious acts.

Anyway I am curious what they will come up with next. Wonder if they have learned anything... The heartstone team makes really cool themes and mini stories maybe they should come up with the lore for wow. Atleast its fun
    Yeah, that about sums it up for me. In defense of the Sylvanas suicide story though, at least that one was free to read on their website. The rest you actually have to pay for. The books have just become absolutely egregious with how much they leave out from the main game nowadays. I stopped caring about the books a long time ago and now I am at a point where I am going to close the book of WarCraft. The story ended with Legion as far as I'm concerned.

I have zero faith in the current team to write a good story. Even if the next expansion was passable in terms of story the damage has already been done. Only the firing of the entire writing team, a complete removal of Shadowlands from canon, and fixing the broken plot threads from BfA would convince me to come back at this point. I am so done with this. At least I have something to look forward to with whatever Dreamhaven, Frostgiant Studio, and other ex-Blizzard employee studios have in store. Can't wait till I get to see the new RTS made by the people behind OG WarCraft and StarCraft.
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2022-04-18 at 05:44 PM.

class identity back would be great, tired of having the same abilities on every class.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I do not care cope View Post
    Fuck off and die of cancer paid WoW shill. Go support your company full of sexual predators. Fucking sicko

- - - Updated - - -

Die of cancer too paid shill.

- - - Updated - - -

Fuck off and die of cancer you fucking bootlicker. The fact sickos like you support a company that drives employees to suicide and bootlick them at any corner is a fucking disgrace.
    mods please tell me you hunted down the main account of this fucking troll and banned him permanently

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Lets hope for a new class!
    Yes, it's time; no new class = a big nono for buying the next xpack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GMZohar1 View Post
    class identity back would be great, tired of having the same abilities on every class.
    We had this bullsh*t about class identity long enough; what happen is that for the sake of the crappy class identity blizzard neutered class abilities and removed too many of them. I rather have a MoP-Class Design where people had lot of abilities, it's as simple as that.

Class identity should rot in the garbage bin; since WoD this buzzword only destroyed classes and the game itself (and it was the worst at legion where they simply moved abilities from the class to the weapons and in BfA they removed the weapon abilities alltogether.

Nope, i really hope for a more MoP-Like playstyle and have class identity from the spells rather than making the game bad again.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh please shut up about "balance"; they will never be balanced, so instead of keeping this fantasy of some players of balance to be possible, i give a big "fuck it" and release far more classes: as long as they are roughly balanced that they can be used, i rather have fun than hoping for balance.

And new classes makes fun, it's as simple as that!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Can we finely get expansion where hordies are not underdogs hanging around "superb allys main world biggest heroes?
    You had your first horde war crimes expansion and your second horde war crimes expansion; i think that's enough for now; at least give alliance also a war crime expansion before it.

I would love to get away from alliance and horde in the next xpack and have a far neutral expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Polls shows otherwise: most people even here on the forums want new classes, as it's the simplest way for adding replayability of this game.
    As for the highlighted text:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Sorry, but you bought now yourself the best argument FOR new classes in the next expansion. Yes, if the last 2 expansion showed one thing, than that we really need new classes!

Quote Originally Posted by Bathtub Girls View Post
    Why though? Gameplaywise it won't be any different than any of the classes we already have. The Demon Hunter uses a resource that is in no way different to that of Warriors. The abilities are the usual builders and spenders.
    Ridiculous, if there's no gameplay differences then they would be able to be balanced equally since they could use the same numbers.
    Then we have the aesthetics surrounding the class.

There's a reason why people prefer X over Y.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Death Knight View Post
    Yeah, that about sums it up for me. In defense of the Sylvanas suicided story though, at least that one was free to read on their website. The rest you actually have to pay for. The books have just become absolutely egregious with how much they leave out from the main game nowadays. I stopped caring about the books a long time ago and now I am at a point where I am going to close the book of WarCraft. The story ended with Legion as far as I'm concerned.

I have zero faith in the current team to write a good story. Even if the next expansion was passable in terms of story the damage has already been done. Only the firing of the entire writing team, a complete removal of Shadowlands from canon, and fixing the broken plot threads from BfA would convince me to come back at this point. I am so done with this. At least I have something to look forward to with whatever Dreamhaven, Frostgiant Studio, and other ex-Blizzard employee studios have in store. Can't wait till I get to see the new RTS made by the people behind OG WarCraft and StarCraft.
    Again 100% agree. Frost Giant said we will get a peek on their new game late in this year. I hope its something along the lines of sc2. I really loved that game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menog View Post
    Again 100% agree. Frost Giant said we will get a peek on their new game late in this year. I hope its something along the lines of sc2. I really loved that game.
    That's cool to hear! My expectations are pretty high, but I guess I will have to be realistic as well considering that it's still their first game as a new studio. I'm pretty optimistic stilL! Also, yeah, I agree. StarCraft 2 is frigging fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Danuel View Post
    Can we finely get expansion where hordies are not underdogs hanging around "superb allys main world biggest heroes?
    Subjective I guess. Horde have been at the front of every recent expansion thanks to Sylvanas. Overall it's been pretty equal, with the exception of WoD which was entirely centered around Orc lands/history (or alternate history), as was Burning Crusade. The end of Mists was horde centered as well.

I want to see the Alliance explode Thunderbluff and all the rock crushes the little towns below. And then Baine hugs whoever did it and says he just wants to smokem peace pipe.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Kinda depressing knowing Blizz thinks it's story is rich, so prepare for more of the same.

This is why I will continue to enjoy my wonderful time playing FFXIV. I will wait for Blizzard to release the new expansion and see how well it does and how well people respond to it before I even throw Blizzard a dime. Blizz is known for sucking in the innocents on empty ass promises.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned