Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Lets hope for a new class!
    Let's hope for some actual content and fewer systems.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    Precisely

Blizzard was riding high during Legion, then we got BFA and Shadowlands anyway

Now their rep and workforce is more diminished than ever, I have zero faith this announcement will be good
    Kind of... Pandaria was a pr downfall (because pandas were supposed to be a joke) but not a bad expansion, WoD was a trainwreck outside raids, legion was better except the systems and timegating were getting ridiculous (1 week of timegating for 5 minutes of Suramar story/quests... wtf were they thinking)... and then BFA and Shadowlands continued that trend, which is obviously trash if we look at the playerbase.

They need to make a better game and stop with imagining that they are creating greatness.
    Im interested in seeing this new expansion... not because i wanna play it but because i wanna see what they plan to do, call it morbid curiosity if you will.
    If its bad = ill get some laughs out of it but if its good = ill watch a streamer play it and maybe ill return in 5 years if they keep making it better.

After all WoW devs have proven that they cant make content last, so the longer i wait the cheaper and more fun itll be for me to experience everything in the game.
    Retro running old raids is gonna be a way better experience than running LFR, if you dont want to be subbed for longer than what the content lasts. (which is usually less than a month, only timegating makes it last longer)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post
    This is why I will continue to enjoy my wonderful time playing FFXIV. I will wait for Blizzard to release the new expansion and see how well it does and how well people respond to it before I even throw Blizzard a dime.
    Agreed. Only gripe about FFXIV i have is that the story is so god dang long nowadays for a new player, which tbh is a good gripe to have... it means you have lots of interesting content to do, and then theres the optional content too. (so you definitely get your moneys worth)

Luckily none of it is timegated like in WoW, the only thing that might not be readily available are the raids (LFR difficulty) you have to do in the story because at certain times of the day people just arent doing them (i guess they sleep or something? :P).

Good for them that the director of the game has openly said its okay to take breaks from the game. Clearly they arent afraid of player retention.
    Last edited by Otaka; 2022-04-15 at 10:03 PM.

Heh, on 19th my subscription expires. I don't think it will make me change my mind. What are we going to see? New story, but same old system on-top of it: season grinding for some seasonal power (ap, gear upgrade intervals, etc.).

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeusX View Post
    Heh, on 19th my subscription expires. I don't think it will make me change my mind. What are we going to see? New story, but same old system on-top of it: season grinding for some seasonal power (ap, gear upgrade intervals, etc.).
    Waiting to see of they add player housing, if its the same stuff like always (new zones, +10 levels, raids dungeons) I'm out!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow just saw they added the video already, just waiting for the premier so it's a pre-recordered video, not even a live event...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3nPloFgHkM

Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    Watch the World of Warcraft Expansion Reveal on April 19
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    World of Warcraft has ignited imaginations through rich storytelling and expansive worlds that prevail throughout the Shadowlands expansion. From the hopeless depths of the Maw to the ethereal plains of Zereth Mortis, the Shadowlands delivers a world that challenges heroes to confront the forces that threaten to upset the cosmic balance between life and death. With the story in the Shadowlands coming to a conclusion, the time is at hand to get a sneak peek at what’s next for the heroes of Azeroth.

The World of Warcraft development team is excited to share what they’ve been working on, and we invite you to mark your calendars, so you don’t miss a moment.

Date and Time

April 19 at 9:00 a.m. PDT / 18:00 CEST

Where to Watch

YouTube and Twitch

We can’t wait to share more about exciting World of Warcraft experiences—keep checking WorldofWarcraft.com for the latest news and follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

Thank you for being a part of the community—see you in Azeroth!
    What if Dragonflight means the dragons are leaving Azeroth and are trying to find a way to empower us to become the “flights.” Dragon “flight” as in “ the action of fleeing or attempting to escape”. Maybe they are scared of something and are trying to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    Polls shows otherwise: most people even here on the forums want new classes, as it's the simplest way for adding replayability of this game.
    As for the highlighted text:
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... Sorry, but you bought now yourself the best argument FOR new classes in the next expansion. Yes, if the last 2 expansion showed one thing, than that we really need new classes!
    People wanting something does not = WOW needs it. Plus, all the content I mentioned adds replayability. And no I did not argue for new classes. The last two expansions were completely fine and they didn't have any. You are just twisting my words to fit your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by The Vindicator View Post
    > "The last two expansions were completely fine"

I don't think we need new classes but holy shit do you really believe this
    Nice twisiting of my words. What I said was that they were fine despite not having a new class. And I enjoyed both expansions. Funny how opinions work. They aren't facts like you think they are.

To say it desperately needs new classes is being riduculous.

"Rich story telling"

Quote Originally Posted by FGO View Post
    Alexstrasza already going to suck, either they'll cover her up entirely or make her a fat black woman.
    All I could ever ask for is for them to give her HoTS model, but that's too much to ask for current Blizzard I guess.
    Her HotS model is pretty chubby. Give me updated model of the original Alex flavor.

Literally the worst kept expansion in the history of WoW, people have been leaking that it's going to be "Dragon Something" since last fall with Dragonflights being the new Covenants. The only thing that will come as a shock is if it is anything BUT that.

I'm going to put on my Nostradamus hat right now and make, what is likely a very safe prediction....

Dragonflights=Covenants=Heart of Azeroth=Class Halls/Artifact Weapons=Garrisons. At the start there will be some overly grindy and time gated "Dragon Power Point" mechanism that will take a bazillion points to level up at first through boring and repetitive daily world quests, until six months later when the flood gates open and everybody is just handed all the "Dragon Powers" as a catch-up mechanism.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkscar23 View Post
    What if Dragonflight means the dragons are leaving Azeroth and are trying to find a way to empower us to become the “flights.” Dragon “flight” as in “ the action of fleeing or attempting to escape”. Maybe they are scared of something and are trying to leave.
    I see youre new to the lore.

The dragon aspects have had their own dragonflights since the dawn of time, i dont recall them being called anything other.
    "Dragonflight" is simply a fancy way of saying dragonic faction, they are based on their coloring and aspect (the leader)... red, blue, green, bronze, black and then there are the corrupted ones like twilight, netherwing and the nefarian created experimental one: chromatic, but none of the corrupted ones are officially dragonflights since they dont really exist properly in the world and are often a combination of the others... but we can still call them a dragonflight for descriptive purposes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dervrak View Post
    Literally the worst kept expansion in the history of WoW, people have been leaking that it's going to be "Dragon Something" since last fall with Dragonflights being the new Covenants. The only thing that will come as a shock is if it is anything BUT that.

I'm going to put on my Nostradamus hat right now and make, what is likely a very safe prediction....

Dragonflights=Covenants=Heart of Azeroth=Class Halls/Artifact Weapons=Garrisons. At the start there will be some overly grindy and time gated "Dragon Power Point" mechanism that will take a bazillion points to level up at first through boring and repetitive daily world quests, until six months later when the flood gates open and everybody is just handed all the "Dragon Powers" as a catch-up mechanism.
    Dont give them any ideas!!! they cant possibly make the same mistake 3 times in a row!
    Surely this expansion will have something new in it rather than a covenant power system with a timegated AP grind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PingPong View Post
    where is my wow mobile
    if hearthstone is any indication wow mobile means living with bugs because otherwise they'd have to push out multiple releases that have to be approved for mobile and if you update desktop you can no longer use mobile.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    World of Warcraft hasn't being igniting imaginations through rich storytelling and expansive worlds that also didn't prevail throughout the Shadowlands expansion.
    Fixed.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see you back there in the graphic, Deathwing. I get it. It's about dragons.

Who knows, new profession.
    New class.
    New race?

We're kind of thinking it right?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starfals View Post
    Honestly, no Light vs Void no need/sub. That's literally the last big storyline.
    It's the most idiotic and boring one yet.

Spoiler: The Light is just as evil as the Void and only Azeroth's mortal champions are good and will prevail.

Quote Originally Posted by |Dexter| View Post
    Wow just saw they added the video already, just waiting for the premier so it's a pre-recordered video, not even a live event...
    Why would it be a live event? It's not Blizcon, there's no audience. It's going to be a trailer giving the plot and expansion features.

Haven't played in years. Did some classic for a few months, realised where it was going and got out.

Here's to hoping for less easily avoidable confrontations in world pvp, more needing to network and socialize on your server to get things done, less cross-realm anything with people you'll never interact with again, and more focus on the server forums as a place to move things along.

But that would mean enabling flying pvp or putting people back down on the ground. Oh well.

better be a new race/class

This really cracked me up: "rich story telling"