Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2 View Post
    If they combine those features with a more cosmetic Covenant system (Dragonflights instead of Covenants) I'd be fine with it. As long as the Dragonsworn is a ranged class.
    New ranged dps is long overdue and Sand Hitler spec from HotS is something I want, but I would also like raw power melee scalie.

Their class design will consist of... The same ole *
    Break out the turd polish blizz.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

1+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what the Dragonflight login screen will look like.
    I hope it will be a good one since we will have to look at it for 2 years.

Good login screens:
    Classic
    BC
    Wrath
    BFA (simple but really capsulated what Warcraft is all about)

Meh login screens:
    Cata (should have been The Maelstrom)
    Mists
    Warlords
    Legion (should have been full scale view of Tomb of Sargeras instead of random demon portal)
    Shadowlands

1+ Year Old Account
    72 hours left.

Quote Originally Posted by Seratox View Post
    I have it on good authority that we will get:

Level 70 cap.
    6 new zones.
    Several Dungeons
    3-4 Raids
    1 Mega Dungeon
    And 300 systems and 6+ months between patches.

Quote Originally Posted by Eli85 View Post
    90% chance the level cap will increase to 70.
    fixed it for you...
    its MUCH MUCH more likely there will be new lvl cap than that we will be squished again to 50...
    hell even keeping lvl cap withou any squishing is more likely than that

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viking91 View Post
    Place your final bets on what the new expansion will contain.

What i think we will get:
    Level cap 70.
    Dragon Isles with 6 zones located west of Quel'thalas and 1 new zone in northern Lordaeron.
    8 to 10 dungeons and 2 raids.
    Playable Dragonkin race.
    New specs:
    Dragon Knight for Warrior.
    Chronomancer for Mage.
    Earthwarden for Shaman.
    Dark Ranger for Hunter.
    Necromancer for Warlock.
    Spellbreaker for Paladin.
    Dragonflight covenants with armor sets based on each of the 5 flights.
    Dragon Aspect cloaks powered up with a new type of collectable power, be it Aspect Power or Draconic Power.

Bard as a new profession, but this is a big maybe.
    lol they’re definitely not adding any new specs maybe a new class. Some more tank/healer roles are badly needed. It’s so hard to find a healer anymore they really need new hybrid healer/dmg class like disc. I just wanna see some real player/guild housing.
    "Voted Most Likely To Be Banned From The Forum."

Just some thoughts.

Doesn't make sense to not make level cap to 70. Keeping it at 60 is a solution in search of a problem. The level squish was successful.

I doubt with how much the pandemic and company drama has stalled development time, that we would get a new race or class.

I'll laugh if this is the biggest troll by Blizzard
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

I just got a LEAKED BOMBSHELL that confirms this is last expac. DED game guys, move along.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Dragon Isles. 4 zones for levelling, 1 for end game (Blue, Bronze, Red and Green for Levelling. Black for Endgame).
    1 raid, 8 dungeons
    Level cap of 70
    4 new reputations that you get rep with by doing world quests and dailies
    New endgame talent tree you upgrade through aspect power but this time it’s only tied to world buffs and cosmetics.
    Unlock dragon-themed cosmetics in the barber shop when you pre purchase.
    No new class, race or profession, but 4 Shadowlands races will be available as faction-neutral allied races when you pre purchase.
    Justice and valor for PvE.

So basically Legion 4.0 but with incremental changes they felt forced to include due to backlash.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    fixed it for you...
    its MUCH MUCH more likely there will be new lvl cap than that we will be squished again to 50...
    Blizzard didn't spend all the time and money to re-design the leveling experience just to break it one expansion in.

Level cap is not going up.

Blizzard didn't spend all the time and money to re-design the leveling experience just to break it one expansion in.

Level cap is not going up.
    How would upping to 70 break it? They just move the kick out of chrome time to 60. Plenty of content in each xpac for another 10 levels

Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    fixed it for you...
    Hard disagree, because why would they build a system designed around scaling expansions from 10-50 to then abandon it after one expansion? Makes zero sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

Quote Originally Posted by Fabled View Post
    I'll laugh if this is the biggest troll by Blizzard
    "And the next expansion will take place in the Dra..... Draenor, World of Warcraft Return to Draenor is the next expansion. Also the following people are fired immediately for releasing confidential information."

Quote Originally Posted by Kernio View Post
    How would upping to 70 break it? They just move the kick out of chrome time to 60. Plenty of content in each xpac for another 10 levels
    Why would they arbitrarily add ten more levels for new players to go through? The point of the re-design was to get players into relevant content faster. Raising the level cap makes no sense to that end.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking91 View Post
    Place your final bets on what the new expansion will contain.

What i think we will get:
    Level cap 70.
    Dragon Isles with 6 zones located west of Quel'thalas and 1 new zone in northern Lordaeron.
    8 to 10 dungeons and 2 raids.
    Playable Dragonkin race.
    New specs:
    Dragon Knight for Warrior.
    Chronomancer for Mage.
    Earthwarden for Shaman.
    Dark Ranger for Hunter.
    Necromancer for Warlock.
    Spellbreaker for Paladin.
    Dragonflight covenants with armor sets based on each of the 5 flights.
    Dragon Aspect cloaks powered up with a new type of collectable power, be it Aspect Power or Draconic Power.

Bard as a new profession, but this is a big maybe.
    If that's the case with all these new specs. They're going to have a fuck of a time to balance specs. Its impossible and that makes it impossible + kind of thing.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    This forum is going to implode when the expansion is revealed to not be a dragon related/Dragon Isles expansion at all.
    I know. i cant wait

Why would they arbitrarily add ten more levels for new players to go through? The point of the re-design was to get players into relevant content faster. Raising the level cap makes no sense to that end.
    Leveling isn't arbitrary though, it serves as pacing for the story and introducing the new zones, and for the power increase that is expected of a new expansion. How do you scale new content without levels? The alternative is to base everything on gear and implement ilvl scaling, which is boring as fuck because you never feel like you're getting stronger.

Level caps are a staple of WoW expansions and will continue to be. To get people into relevant content faster you just nerf the old stuff, you don't stop making new stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusken View Post
    Leveling isn't arbitrary though, it serves as pacing for the story and introducing the new zones, and for the power increase that is expected of a new expansion. How do you scale new content without levels? The alternative is to base everything on gear and implement ilvl scaling, which is boring as fuck because you never feel like you're getting stronger.

Level caps are a staple of WoW expansions and will continue to be. To get people into relevant content faster you just nerf the old stuff, you don't stop making new stuff.
    The point of leveling is too see your character grow. Story was always just a bonus.