Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    I hope the class isn't actually 'evoker', it sounds just like mage.
    If it's something dragon-based let the name reflect it. (Dragoncaster, dragonsworn, etc)

But the concept of using dragon themed magic instead of turning into an actual dragon makes much more sense.
    I personally really like the idea of summoning elemental dragons and having them charge the enemies, but I feel that would be best for a Mage spec.

Bronze Dragonflight Chronomancer works for me

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    God I hope they never add another class.

Legit 99.98% of WoW players want a another class. then there's people like you the 0.02%

Quote Originally Posted by CalamityHeart View Post
    It's something from Chronicles. And it's not about dragons as we know them, but ancient proto-dragons which, according to Chronicles, were once elementals who weren't bound to the elemental planes and gradually evolved into flesh-and-blood creatures.
    Just a small correction, those elementals that eventually became the proto-dragons weren't "not bound" to the elemental planes, it's just they're those that managed to escape notice and avoid being banished back to the elemental planes when the Titans came to Azeroth to cleanse it and seed it with life.

The Lightbringer Archmage Alodi's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    How is tinker runner up lol. They even made it an april fool's joke and that class does not fit the expansion and the race restrictions + engineering + the low popularity makes it one of the most unlikely class to happen and will never happen. It's always the same few people that make fake leaks about Tinker coming to the game and it never does and now it won't be any different.
    Pandaren used to be an april fools joke.
    THE HORDE WILL ENDURE
    THE HORDE IS STRONG!

Evoker is apparently a class that is implied but not named in the RPG, and named in one of the books.

An evoker is a spellcaster who specializes in use of the magic school of evocation, which consists mostly of damage-dealing spells.

Evocation as a school of magic is derived from the Dungeons & Dragons role playing game. It was never given a formal article in the Warcraft RPG, although spells from the evocation school appear throughout the series. The single reference to the evoker class appears in Lands of Conflict.

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Evoker

So a damage-dealing caster using evocation school spells. The leaker who mentioned evokers as a class said that arcane mages would basically get changed so evokers could exist, kind of like old demonology and demon hunters.

I am curious as to what the book Lands of Conflict has to say about this, apparently on page 102 if anyone has the book.

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    Legit 99.98% of WoW players want a another class. then there's people like you the 0.02%
    The thing is, the already existing classes already all feel the same.

When they introduced Demon Hunter it initially was cool, but is the playstyle that unique?

Any new class would just feel like it plays the same as all the other classes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Just a small correction, those elementals that eventually became the proto-dragons weren't "not bound" to the elemental planes, it's just they're those that managed to escape notice and avoid being banished back to the elemental planes when the Titans came to Azeroth to cleanse it and seed it with life.
    You mean "escaped notice and weren't bound to". The Titans made the elemental plane, it's not a natural feature.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    An evoker is a spellcaster who specializes in use of the magic school of evocation, which consists mostly of damage-dealing spells..
    That’s a great way to define a Mage…

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    How is tinker runner up lol.
    1.Multiple clues from BFA and Shadowlands
    2.Shared history of Goblins and Dragons
    3.Undermine being a destination that Blizzard stated that they wanted to use in a future expansion.

They even made it an april fool's joke
    It’s important to note that the Tinker class entered the Warcraft franchise as an April Fool’s joke in 2004. Thus, I don’t think being an April Fools joke again matters much. In fact, it probably increased its likelihood.

and that class does not fit the expansion
    TBF, technology can fit a multitude of different expansions, including this one. See the Steamscale Incinerator and the trailer for Descent of Dragons.

Can't wait for this discussion to be over in 2 days when the next class either won't be an Evoker or we may not get a new class at all.

Quote Originally Posted by znushu View Post
    "evoker" = "summoner"
    Sounds like the kind of thing that would cost Warlocks something, so I guess that checks out.
    confirmed by my uncle nitnendo and masahiro samurai

To be honest, the more I think about dragon-related stuff, the more I'd rather have the Tinker.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwgmon View Post
    Sounds like the kind of thing that would cost Warlocks something, so I guess that checks out.
    Evoker in the DnD (and therefore WoW) terminology is summoning of direct elemental attacks (in WoW via arcane), the summoner you think about is a Conjurer. Mages obviously incorporate multiple aspects of the magic school system in WoW, but fire and frost mages are like 90% Evokers when it comes to their attacks, be it from their bolt spells over their cone spells to their aoe spells. The rest is a bit of Illusion (Mirror Images), Conjuration (Food, Teleportation) Abjuration (Counterspell, Barrier, etc.). Necromanncy, Divination, Transmutation and Enchantment are harder to find in the run of the mill player characters, but some effects are part of the warlock tool kit. Technically the old detect invisibility spells of warlocks woul be divination, the life draining spells of warlocks would fall under necromancy as well. Enchantment is mostly a profession, but all buffs kinda fall under it wheres Transmutation is mostly part of Alchemy and Druids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Can't wait for this discussion to be over in 2 days when the next class either won't be an Evoker or we may not get a new class at all.
    Gotta agree there.. the leaks become dumber and bolder each day. I'm glad when it's over.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    Can you stop being an elemental? Can elementals just become creatures of flesh and blood?
    Well, yeah, elementals can stop being elementals. An ancient concept called 'The curse of flesh' for example worked on earth/stone/metal.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    There's already a good chunk of class overlap, and thus arguably too many classes in the first place. Half of the requests for a new class would be better served as a new spec for an existing one, or maybe a handful of reworked spells for an existing spec.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    There's already a good chunk of class overlap, and thus arguably too many classes in the first place. Half of the requests for a new class would be better served as a new spec for an existing one, or maybe a handful of reworked spells for an existing spec.
    Your post is obviously entirely subjective but I’m bored so we might aswell open up this can. What overlap? Are you talking thematically or gameplay? Do you have an active subscription?

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Death Knight already overlapped with Warrior, Paladin and Warlock.
    Monk already overlapped with Priest, Paladin and Shaman.
    Demon Hunter already overlapped with Warrior and Warlock.

They've taken spells from existing classes and given them to new ones before. Death Coil, Metamorphosis for example.

It's not so much "do we need a new class", because we don't. It's "do we want a new class", and the answer is yes.

Quote Originally Posted by FossilFree View Post
    I am curious as to what the book Lands of Conflict has to say about this, apparently on page 102 if anyone has the book.
    I can't post pictures, because I am black, so here is a copy paste

Adventures
    Enemies surround Kul Tiras.
    Prison Break: Naga attack Tol Barad. The wizards
    fight them off, but in the confusion a dangerous
    prisoner, Zae’Rathis the Mad, a blood elf evoker,
    escapes.

XD

Guys, Class name is irrelevant. As someone pointed out Witch is female Warlock, which is synonymous with Sorcerers and Wizards, who in turn are identical to Mages. Since they don't exist in real life (don't argue this, pls) there is no point to differentiate between them. The only difference we have is based on games we played. DnD has them as separate classes, based on gameplay style/theme. WoW despite 'borrowing' heavily from DnD is free to call the class whatever and make whatever lore they want about it. Evoker, Invoker, Provoker, Youwoker

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    To be honest, the more I think about dragon-related stuff, the more I'd rather have the Tinker.
    Same honestly. I wouldn’t mind a Wrathion-style class though.