Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I think in DnD sorcerers have the most common bloodline dragons, right?
    I could see a rage spellcaster, but then again, wouldn't it be like Arcane Mage or Shadow Priest? Or I guess since those are similar one more wouldn't hurt.

15+ Year Old Account
    I cant see an Evoker class coming up.
    Also i have missed where this even comes from.
    Would be strange imo to have a Mage and something almost similair.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerox View Post
    I cant see an Evoker class coming up.
    Also i have missed where this even comes from.
    Would be strange imo to have a Mage and something almost similair.
    Yeah, WoW classes have never just came from nowhere. We experience DKs, Monks, and DHs before they ever appeared as classes. We even played as them in other Blizzard games before they showed up in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by bryden7 View Post
    I see people calling for Necromancers [..] Blademasters [..]I now see people calling for mages .
    They did NOT make any reasonable changes to Azerite gear and Shadowlands systems for months while BfA and Shadowlands were in Beta and the first patch... do people really think that they'll just implement 1 or more classes based on forum ideas ?

Quote Originally Posted by steellz View Post
    Legit 99.98% of WoW players want a another class. then there's people like you the 0.02%
    Link proving your claim. You are not 99.98% of the player base. That is massive projection of your opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daronokk View Post
    Death Knight already overlapped with Warrior, Paladin and Warlock.
    Monk already overlapped with Priest, Paladin and Shaman.
    Demon Hunter already overlapped with Warrior and Warlock.

They've taken spells from existing classes and given them to new ones before. Death Coil, Metamorphosis for example.

It's not so much "do we need a new class", because we don't. It's "do we want a new class", and the answer is yes.
    You only speak for you. YOU want a new class. And I answer that question with a no. I don't want a new class. There is no "we" here.

People still put far too much weight on what Evoker is outside of World of Warcraft.

Look at Demon Hunters for example. They are similiar in the Blizzard Games as for them hunting demons as the name suggests, but one uses demonic powers while the other uses crossbows.

Evoker can just be a better (or worse if you think so) Name for Dragonsworn/Dragon Knight, because they didnt want to shortcut it DS/DK once more with DH DK around, or for whichever other reasons.

If its a Dragonflight based Class, it not having dragonform is a heavily missed opportunity however to set it apart greatly from the other Classes. If its just a timemage (bronze), a (shadow)flame Tank and a fire Healer then it is not original enough.

DK has the frozen necromancy theme to make it unique, DHs have the Metamorphosis & Fel Theme to make it unique, Monks have the extremely agile weapon-less & Brews Theme to make it unique, wouldnt it make sense for a Dragonflight based Class to then involve Dragon Form?

I mean, when I think of the Dragonflights, I primarily think of them being Dragons first and foremost, and their humanoid form at best is the secondary if not completly minor part.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Next class is Necromancer. Tinker will never happen.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    People still put far too much weight on what Evoker is outside of World of Warcraft.

Look at Demon Hunters for example. They are similiar in the Blizzard Games as for them hunting demons as the name suggests, but one uses demonic powers while the other uses crossbows.

Evoker can just be a better (or worse if you think so) Name for Dragonsworn/Dragon Knight, because they didnt want to shortcut it DS/DK once more with DH DK around, or for whichever other reasons.

If its a Dragonflight based Class, it not having dragonform is a heavily missed opportunity however to set it apart greatly from the other Classes. If its just a timemage (bronze), a (shadow)flame Tank and a fire Healer then it is not original enough.

DK has the frozen necromancy theme to make it unique, DHs have the Metamorphosis & Fel Theme to make it unique, Monks have the extremely agile weapon-less & Brews Theme to make it unique, wouldnt it make sense for a Dragonflight based Class to then involve Dragon Form?

I mean, when I think of the Dragonflights, I primarily think of them being Dragons first and foremost, and their humanoid form at best is the secondary if not completly minor part.
    If it has dragon form, then it is a dragon.
    I don't think dragons should ever be playable. Dragon power themed class is fine + it would allow for different races to use the class, instead of being a race/class character.

Quote Originally Posted by Leaker69 View Post
    If it has dragon form, then it is a dragon.
    I don't think dragons should ever be playable. Dragon power themed class is fine + it would allow for different races to use the class, instead of being a race/class character.
    You can have Dragon Form the same way you can have a Shapeshift or Metamorphosis though. Its possible for it to be either like pre-Legion Demonology Warlock, or it being a entire Shapeshift which I think is unlikely.

At the very least it will very likely end up as either Racial or the class-specific Mount Form.

Playable Dragons would give Blizzard a lot of players (back) aswell. This is also something that isnt really used anywhere as far as I can remember right now. The only other Games I know of are either something like Pathfinder and Divinity.
    It just sounded ominous as if he would save that info for future use to something, that's all.

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage Alodi View Post
    Pandaren used to be an april fools joke.
    Well Pandaren and everything involving that expansion was primarily targeted at the Chinese audience. And it still took them over 15 years since that April Fool's for them to become a playable race. So maybe between 2040-2050 we will see Tinkers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Yeah, WoW classes have never just came from nowhere. We experience DKs, Monks, and DHs before they ever appeared as classes. We even played as them in other Blizzard games before they showed up in WoW.
    So.... about them Dark Rangers...

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Well Pandaren and everything involving that expansion was primarily targeted at the Chinese audience. And it still took them over 15 years since that April Fool's for them to become a playable race. So maybe between 2040-2050 we will see Tinkers.

- - - Updated - - -

So.... about them Dark Rangers...
    Dark Rangers were Aprils Fool joke, they will never happen XD

Dark Rangers were Aprils Fool joke, they will never happen XD
    *Fan made April Fool's. Not official by Blizzard.
    Last edited by Deventh; 2022-04-17 at 11:25 AM.

*Fan April Fool's. Not official by Blizzard.
    Was it fans? I don't actually remember it, just found it on wiki and it sounds like it was official. Anyway, my point is your argument is absurd - a lot of april fools made it into the game.

Was it fans? I don't actually remember it, just found it on wiki and it sounds like it was official. Anyway, my point is your argument is absurd - a lot of april fools made it into the game.
    I thought the same as you, but it's apparently done by a fan. Lots of people remember it being by Blizzard, but apparently not. (Mandela effect, hello?)

The point of my argument is that Tinkers are for sure not happening next expansion. It doesn't fit the theme and Blizzard wouldn't joke about an upcoming class announcement 2 weeks prior. They might come in the far future, but I still don't see it happening simply because of the class restrictions which will be gnomes, dwarves and goblins, which they need to circumvent, but that will just look stupid. Imagine Demon Hunters used by all races instead of BE/NE. Imagine a Tauren demon hunter (I laughed out loud). A spit in the face of all the lore (not that they aren't doing that already). There's also engineering and other issues with that class.

I thought the same as you, but it's apparently done by a fan. Lots of people remember it being by Blizzard, but apparently not. (Mandela effect, hello?)

The point of my argument is that Tinkers are for sure not happening next expansion. It doesn't fit the theme and Blizzard wouldn't joke about an upcoming class announcement 2 weeks prior. They might come in the far future, but I still don't see it happening simply because of the class restrictions which will be gnomes, dwarves and goblins, which they need to circumvent, but that will just look stupid. Imagine Demon Hunters used by all races instead of BE/NE. Imagine a Tauren demon hunter (I laughed out loud). A spit in the face of all the lore (not that they aren't doing that already). There's also engineering and other issues with that class.
    Yeah, probably wont happen this expansion. This years april fools was more about leaks though than specifically Tinkers.
    Being Goblin/Gnome unique class wouldn't be stranger than NE/BE Demon Hunters. I would actually prefer if they made mini classes like that that would be unique to a race.
    Engineering is not an obstacle either - DnD has Alchemists and Artificiers despite having crafting skills for them as well.

Being Goblin/Gnome unique class wouldn't be stranger than NE/BE Demon Hunters.
    The difference here is that Elves are by far the most played race so in reality it's not that big of an issue, while gnomes and goblins and dwarves... well they are one of the least played races.
    I would actually prefer if they made mini classes like that that would be unique to a race.
    Agreed 100%. If they do make Tinkers a thing they better not give every race the option to make one. Let there be some class & race identity left in this game.

The difference here is that Elves are by far the most played race so in reality it's not that big of an issue, while gnomes and goblins and dwarves... well they are one of the least played races.

Agreed 100%. If they do make Tinkers a thing they better not give every race the option to make one. Let there be some class & race identity left in this game.
    Only Goblins, (Mecha)Gnomes, (Dark Iron) Dwarves, maybe Orcs?

You read first here.
    Oh yeah?

Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    Witch is a female Warlock, which is a synonym for Sorcerers and Mages.
    I know. But, not in this case.
    Drustvar's witches do not call upon demonic magic, but something more akin to that of a Witch Doctor, using voodoo dolls and effigies, totems and ritualistic tools.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, yeah, elementals can stop being elementals. An ancient concept called 'The curse of flesh' for example worked on earth/stone/metal.
    Were they elementals?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    I know. But, not in this case.
    Drustvar's witches do not call upon demonic magic, but something more akin to that of a Witch Doctor, using voodoo dolls and effigies, totems and ritualistic tools.
    Ok, I know what you mean. The creepy witches from Drustvar. But I doubt we'll see that in a dragon expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    Ok, I know what you mean. The creepy witches from Drustvar. But I doubt we'll see that in a dragon expansion.
    Me too. That's why this whole Evoker thing seems bogus...

Quote Originally Posted by username993720 View Post
    Me too. That's why this whole Evoker thing seems bogus...
    Well, Evoker would at least be dragon-related.