Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Not gonna lie i've always found WoW dragons to be fucking boring, idk i imagine the setting will be good atleast, but the lore/story centered around dragon aspects just seems bland as hell to me. The only one that is somewhat interesting is wrathion and i have a feeling that they will 100000% whitewash him to make him a good boi instead of the cut throat that he used to be.
    Dragons work best when they're sparse, very powerful and capricious. WoW dragons on the other hand are everywhere, have been killed by the truck load since the game's earliest days and are by default set within a certain flight archetype of which most are various shades of utility workers. They've no left over mystique and it doesn't help that their skillsets are vague and have been part of some of the most deeply stupid stories in the game's history, see Anveena, Rhonin's time travel adventure, Dragon Soul etc.
    Last edited by Super Dickmann; 2022-04-17 at 05:54 PM.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    While it may be a decent template for a dragonknight class or something like that, at the end of the day it's another melee class. It would be nice of we'd get a ranged class for a change (instead of losing them).
    Ranged class? That wears Mail? Have you tried Bard?

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I know you don’t like lizard or non-elven races but Sethrak had good reception in BfA.
    Not really, or they would've brought them as an Allied Race. Vulpera had a good reception, and they did just that with them.

So I checked my sources :

New dragonflight :
    - White
    - Black revamped with wrathion
    - Morally gray
    - Dragonriders (dragons on dragons)

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    I know you don’t like lizard or non-elven races but Sethrak had good reception in BfA.

Don’t worry, I have a really good feeling you and other barbie enthusiasts will have your hands on Dark-Ranger customizations soon.
    Thats funny, you know more then me lol. Truth is idgaf about either of them. Never said anything or have an opinion about lizard races or sethrak.

But dragon shape shifting or as a race is just flatout cringe to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Ranged class? That wears Mail? Have you tried Bard?
    Bards would wear leather.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buliwyf the Omen View Post
    If our Legion Leaker is not full of bs we get a drakonid-similiar race with wings and a time-based arcane similiar spec/class.
    If you are talking about @Scaleface, he said the class is Evoker. Not Chronomancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what the discussion here would be like if the Dragonflight title and art had never leaked. The original Dragonflight leak from February would have probably faded into obscurity and everyone would still be talking about Ashes of Galakaros or the "GoR" riddle.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I think first off, the crafting system is far more grindy and acquiring most of the materials is not nearly as interesting. Second, the Mechagon crafting system could make a lot of things, not just pets and mounts.
    Second, I think it doesn't tell a story as well as Mechagon does. The campaign is not that bad but timegating breaks the pace far too much. A lot of the stories are poorly integrated. The zone also doesn't have much of a point outside the campaign; we really have no reason to be there, indeed SHOULD NOT be there outside of using it a base to invade the Sepulcher.
    Not that the ZM crafting system is good. Indeed I would very much agree that the grind for them is tuned far too high, but they are generally similar. Both are dependent on generally playing the zone to make everything you might want.

ZM does have Pocopoc, which is an idea that I think really works.
    The world revamp dream will never die!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murlocos View Post
    I'm not using it as a confirmation of anything, just throwing it out there. Personally I think it's slightly more interesting than extrapolating the meaning of slight font changes in the logo.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cone of cold View Post
    They would wear whatever they want. They would seduce a plate wearer, fuck them senseless and leave with their clothes.

Enhancement shaman has never played like that.
    Enhancement pre-Legion played like that, then they added Maelstrom Power and it became another builder/spender.

Sure you had Maelstrom Weapon, but what separated a good shaman from a mediocre one was weaving abilities to have them finish CDs in time for them to be next in the rotation.

God I miss Dragon Soul enhancement.

Let's be honest. No class should wear mail. Shamans should wear leather or cloth, and hunters should wear leather.
    The insistence on 4 armor types doesnt actually do much for the game beyond ensure Hunters and Shamans have less variety in appearances.

Quote Originally Posted by Doronjo View Post
    Dragonriders (dragons on dragons)
    I just took 20 points of mental damage.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    I wonder what the discussion here would be like if the Dragonflight title and art had never leaked. The original Dragonflight leak from February would have probably faded into obscurity and everyone would still be talking about Ashes of Galakaros or the "GoR" riddle.
    Just go back a few pages before the leak. If I remember well we just accepted our vampire overlords. It was San'layn, Darkfallen, Dark Ranger, all that jazz. Good times.

Not really, or they would've brought them as an Allied Race. Vulpera had a good reception, and they did just that with them.
    Or they had decided ahead of time what races would get the AR treatment. Otherwise Trashgnomes would have stayed in the junkyard where they belong, and Alliance would have gotten Ankoan instead.

Don't be silly: That would annihilate the loot table balance.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Ye, so? Does it mean that many other are not? Btw how many exactly are skeptical, because all you have to do is check this thread traffic. You do not get 15-20 pages of speculation overnight if people do not care (not counting trolls ofc).
    Ye so what? People were skeptical after bfa and especially after sl for obvious reasons. Why are you so shocked about that? Should be common sense that some are more reserved.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigantique View Post

God I miss Dragon Soul enhancement.
    I miss the infinite windfury damage bug. I mean I why it can't stay in a multiplayer game that also includes PvP but I love when broken shit is possible if the stars align. For me that is the true essence of an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Sondrelk View Post
    Let's be honest. No class should wear mail. Shamans should wear leather or cloth, and hunters should wear leather.
    The insistence on 4 armor types doesnt actually do much for the game beyond ensure Hunters and Shamans have less variety in appearances.
    Wonder how difficult it would be for them to just absorb all mail gear into leather since a lot of it looks like leather anyway (at least from what I remember transmogging my Shaman/Hunter alts years ago). Maybe we‘d end up with too much leather wearers though. Or, alternatively, make the transmog system less restrictive when it comes to armor class.